All The Facts About Weed And The Corona Virus Right Now

Maitri

Deadhead, Low-Temp Dabber, Mahayana Buddhist
Quoted directly from the linked essay:

Can CBD Prevent Or Cure COVID19?
Simply, no it cannot! There are a lot of false claims being made online that are saying CBD or Cannabis can prevent or cure this coronavirus. This is false! There are no solid scientific evidences proving that CBD has any preventative or curable effects of COVID19. Mid-march 2020, the International Association for Cannabinoid Medicines (IACM) has posted on LinkedIn regarding these false claims. Yes, cannabis has been found to potentially have antibacterial and antiviral effects. But, as of date, the statement by the IACM Board emphasized that there is no evidence that individual cannabinoids (CBD and THC) can protect against COVID19. Likewise, there is also no evidence showing that there is an increased risk of viral infection, if cannabis is consumed.

Do Not Smoke Weed If Your Sick Or Have Corona Virus
Don’t smoke, if you’re sick – Since, there aren’t any solid data presently available regarding the correlation between cannabis and its impact on the lung health, it’s best if smoking is avoided if you’re sick or show COVID19-associated symptoms. COVID19 is a respiratory infection and has been shown to be infecting the nose, throat, and lungs at various degrees across the population. During this time, it is better, if you can keep your lungs as healthy as possible, if the worst happens.

Zkittles

I think I had the virus although I don't know for sure since they wouldn't test me. I had all the symptoms though and was sick in bed for a few weeks and it lingered for a week or two after that. I was vaping on low temps while sick and it made me feel a lot better. It only had that effect when I had taken paracetamol to control the fever/chills otherwise I think the cannabis made the symptoms worse.

Zkittles,

mac_47

What?!?! Cannabinoids help with corona? Okay. I’m going back to vaping.

Dont get carried away you might have a hunch (like we all do) about the potential of cannabinoids but remember science needs shitloads of tests and trialsfor it to be science!

mac_47,

Gunky

Dont get carried away you might have a hunch (like we all do) about the potential of cannabinoids but remember science needs shitloads of tests and trialsfor it to be science!
Hey, beats the hell outa snortin' bleach!

Gunky,

Summer

Long Island, NY
I thought he was joking actually although yeah, i dont know much about US politics!

He was. But here in the US we have very stupid people & you have to talk to them like 3rd-graders. (*Note the stupid questions asked by journalists during the press conferences - and they have a college degree. :rolleyes:) Back in the late 70s or early 80s, samples of Sunlight dish washing liquid detergent were mailed to homeowners. Well, a number of peeps got sick from drinking it thinking it was lemonade. And how about the Tide Pod challenge. And the couple who took chloroquine via fish tank cleaner (chloroquine phosphate). All said, there is no cure for stupid.

Last edited:

Gunky

I thought he was joking actually although yeah, i dont know much about US politics!
No doubt he was and so was I, though not entirely. We have here president dipshit who first very publicly proposes his top medical staff look into injecting disinfectants into the human body or curing covid-19 with UV light. Then the next day when people actually started drinking bleach and all hell broke loose and everybody else and their brother noted that the man is an insane moron who is an enormous drag on the federal response to the pandemic, then he tried to claim he was joking. But it's all the fault of reporters with their annoying habit of asking fact-based questions, or state governors, or China, or Obama, or immigrants, or the deep state... and the list goes on because even if 53,000 people are dead already the buck never stops here.

Last edited:

mac_47

No doubt he was and so was I, though not entirely. We have here president dipshit who first proposes his top medical staff look into injecting disinfectants into the human body or curing covid-19 with UV light. Then the next day when people actually started drinking bleach and all hell broke loose and everybody else and their brother noted that the man is an insane moron who is an enormous drag on the federal response to the pandemic, then he tried to claim he was joking. But it's all the fault of reporters with their annoying habit of asking fact-based questions, or state governors, or China, or Obama, or immigrants, or the deep state... and the list goes on because even if 53,000 people are dead already the buck never stops here.

Yeah my knowledge of politics generally is limited but America hasnt gone on any foreign wars and as a non-American I appreciate that.

mac_47,

Gunky

Yeah my knowledge of politics generally is limited but America hasnt gone on any foreign wars and as a non-American I appreciate that.
Well, you are in a club with a surprising number of Americans who reason that if armadgeddon hasn't actually arrived yet and the surface of earth still supports life to some extent, then they reckon the current president is a 'success'. It's a pretty low bar.:D

mac_47

Well, you are in a club with a surprising number of Americans who reason that if armadgeddon hasn't actually arrived yet and the surface of earth still supports life to some extent, then they reckon the current president is a 'success'. It's a pretty low bar.:D
Hopefully one day the US will be a multi-party democracy.

mac_47,
Reactions: Planck

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

What do you mean? America is constantly involved in foreign wars!?!

Ramahs,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Don't think the current president has started any foreign wars. I'm not commenting on domestic policy I don't know anything about it.

America doesn't usually start wars. They just like to dig their fingers into as many foreign wars as they can at any given time, and make as much revenue off of those wars as they can for as long as they can. No other nation spends a fraction of what America does on foreign wars.

Ramahs,

mac_47

America doesn't usually start wars. They just like to dig their fingers into as many foreign wars as they can at any given time, and make as much revenue off of those wars as they can for as long as they can. No other nation spends a fraction of what America does on foreign wars.

Well whatever war ain't cool

mac_47,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Although it's quite difficult to separate politics from the subject of the pandemic, I ask that you all do your best to limit political talk as much as possible and stick to the topic. Otherwise we all know how the thread will end up.

[Narrator's voice: It'll become a shit show and get shut down by the toolbag mods]

Thank you.

:peace:

Top Bottom