• Yes

Votes: 38 92.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Also I would like to know if your vape gets hot enough to vaporize herbs and has a completely glass airpath(meaning the heater is covered in glass) how does it reach the necessary temps of 500+ degrees without affecting the electronic components

i had a cylinder design several iterations ago, and it is easy to hold, too.

i have an all glass airpath also: borosilicate flat bottom vial holds the herb, that fits into an oven tube that is heated on the outside with a nichrome ribbon heater, so ambient air travels between the inside of the oven tube and the outside of the vial, then up through holes drilled into the bottom of the vial, then into a draw tube (test tube) with holes drilled - so no metal screen.

the pictures in my signature show the Bud Toaster, also there is a link to my thread, and a link to a YT video. i use a 2 cell battery pack, so my thread is in the upcoming portables section.

JJR

Manufacturer
Sounsgood @JJR. Very interesting design btw
Thank you, its been a long road. Been experimenting with different designs for the past 6 years to get to here, I have learned a thing or two about vaporization which is why I know I finally have a great product to offer. Still some tweaks I want to do on the electrical/temp control but the heater assembly is a keeper and I feel superior in this category of vaporizers!

withoutbliss

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Well you're definitely gettin somewhere. Glass vaporizers scare the hell out of me tbh but bein able to kick back and vape always sounds like a good idea imo.

Keep it up, I'll be following this project for sure.

withoutbliss,

arb

Semi shaved ape
I dont have a vapolution so I dont know details any more than what I can see online and in videos, it may not require whips or hoses but it is not comfortably handheld as to be able to sit back draw from it place it down and continue to use it in a comfortable positionwhile holding it. The design of being a handheld unit made of glass and wood and the way the propriortary heating chamber is constructed I believe is superior to any other vaporizer in existence. Also any claim of being able to vaporize effeciently with unground products is misleading you can not extract all of the necessary components from an unground product with a convection vaporizer it may work to an extent but is not effecient as the air will go around the product and vaporize most of the exterior but not the interior of a dense product.

Im not sure on cost yet as im still in the working prototype phase

Where do you live if you dont mind me asking?
I am in Montana in the usa.

arb,

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
I have tried many vapes and they are all about the same trust me when I say this one is different, soon you will have your chance if you want it.

Since this was in reply to something regarding cannabinoid extraction and vape efficiency.....I gotta say after taking a look, nothing jumps out at me as being anything stand out in those 2 areas over existing products.

So my question is, specifically, how is this one different?

ensabbahnur,
Reactions: JCat

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
how does it reach the necessary temps of 500+ degrees without affecting the electronic components

forgot to answer this … i find 400F to be sufficient to get good vapor. the pcb is on the side opposite the heater and below the heater - so components are not noticeably affected by the heater, except the temp drifts up about 5F toward the end of the 7.5 minute session.

hoptimum

I dont agree that its very comfortable to hold with the controls on it and the shape but to each is own, also why not just break it up from the start and get a full extraction why would you want do it in two steps.

But you also have not tried this one!!

I have tried many vapes and they are all about the same trust me when I say this one is different, soon you will have your chance if you want it.

I'll bite. And give you the honest opinion of someone who's got a lot of vapes

JJR

Manufacturer
Since this was in reply to something regarding cannabinoid extraction and vape efficiency.....I gotta say after taking a look, nothing jumps out at me as being anything stand out in those 2 areas over existing products.

So my question is, specifically, how is this one different?
Check out my instagram (link above in other posts) look at all the pics. In short it is comfortably hand held unlike any others, to the point that you can sit back and relax while using it, you can lay it down take a break watch tv and then pick it back up it is made off all glass the heating coil is encapsulated in glass completely separating air/vapor from heat element it is completely isolated from the extraction chamber and it is essentially a "sublimation" device meaning it extracts very efficiently and all at once or in just a few draws providing thick mouth coating hits that is if you have the temperature set to achieve them and that is all while leaving the product a brown color not ever turning it black or ever reaching combustion, every time consistently.

I'll bite. And give you the honest opinion of someone who's got a lot of vapes
When its ready I will let you know, I can tell you this though, I came from being a bong smoker and wanted something that gave me that same hit but from a vaporizer and couldnt find it in a healthy all glass form so I made my own. My goal was bong hit mouth coating quality hits with an airpath I knew was as safe to breathe thru as breathing fresh open air and I achieved that. If your looking for a consistently heavy hitting vape this is the one thats what it was made for! It wont be cheap mostly because of the custom glass components within the extraction chamber that are complicated to make with holes and tubes inside tubes sealed together and also with having the digital control but it is so worth it!

Last edited by a moderator:
JJR,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
it is essentially a "sublimation" device meaning it extracts very efficiently and all at once or in just a few draws providing thick mouth coating hits that is if you have the temperature set to achieve them and that is all while leaving the product a brown color not ever turning it black or ever reaching combustion, every time consistently.
You'll find that you need to choose your words carefully around here. You should probably not throw words like "sublimation" around so casually. It's been tried by others before and it never ends well. :2c:

:peace:

lazylathe

Almost there...
You'll find that you need to choose your words carefully around here. You should probably not throw words like "sublimation" around so casually. It's been tried by others before and it never ends well. :2c:

:peace:

YES!!! Another semantics person!

@JJR
Semantics play a large role in this forum especially when it involves a vaporizer! LOL!
There are many extremely knowledgeable people here that know design, manufacture and retail.
Choose your words carefully and all will be good! LOL!

I am sure you have a fine prototype going there but we need more info.
Many makers of log vapes freely share their tech and info here so the buyer knows exactly what they are getting.
If I buy an ALL GLASS vape and it has a metal screen, back it goes due to false advertising.
Very simple to just say that it is mainly glass with 2 small SS screens to hold the herb.

We are interested in your enclosed heater design. care to share more?
How about a diagram showing the heaters enclosure and air path route through the glass parts?

And as for sublimation...Look up the scientific definition and then decide.
The Sublimator is just another vaporizer with a heating element and good marketing at the beginning.

Interested in your improvements and progress!

You may also want to check out this thread, lots of excellent info!
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-bud-toaster-currently-model-14-version-3.826/

cascades

I like the basic concept on this vaporizer. The product reminds me quite a bit of the vapolution(which I own/use). I think you owe it to yourself to buy one of those.

The big differences:
a) The cube draws air through the bottom of the device. The V3 has a tube with a closed end for heating and draws air through the top.

b) The V3 draw tube holds herb and is inserted into the heating tube for control

I'm not sure which approach is really better.

c) the cube is made of wood vs. plastic for the V3.

d) the cube is more portable than the v3

You could _easily_ create a draw tube that would support hydratubes from Vapolution or meant for the Vapexhale EVO Cloud. I think that has some real advantages.

cascades,

JJR

Manufacturer
i kinda have problems to view the pictures on instagram, for somereason i cannot view the feed.
Youll have to follow me on instagram I made it private for right now as I work out some details.

@JJR
Instagram links aren't working
Follow me on instagram I made it private for now.

I like the basic concept on this vaporizer. The product reminds me quite a bit of the vapolution(which I own/use). I think you owe it to yourself to buy one of those.

The big differences:
a) The cube draws air through the bottom of the device. The V3 has a tube with a closed end for heating and draws air through the top.

b) The V3 draw tube holds herb and is inserted into the heating tube for control

I'm not sure which approach is really better.

c) the cube is made of wood vs. plastic for the V3.

d) the cube is more portable than the v3

You could _easily_ create a draw tube that would support hydratubes from Vapolution or meant for the Vapexhale EVO Cloud. I think that has some real advantages.
I understand there are alot of vapes that work and work well but what I also understand is that none of the vaporizers available completely seperate the heating element from the air path with glass not ceramic or aluminum or anything else but glass as mine does, as for the screens they are in there for convenience they dont get hot like the heating element as to degrade and be able to breathe in anything from them, the one in the heater assembly is just there so particles do not fall past it to the base of the heater, the one in the mouthpiece is behind the material so you cant suck particles into your mouth. Both can be removed if one wishes but the airpath is 100% glass. With the exception of the screens @lazylathe

I understand there are alot of vapes that work and work well but what I also understand is that none of the vaporizers available completely seperate the heating element from the air path with glass not ceramic or aluminum or anything else but glass as mine does, as for the screens they ate in there for convenience they dont get hot like the heating element as to degrade and be able to breathe in anything from them, the one in the heater assembly is just there so particles do not fall past it to the base of the heater, the one in the mouthpiece is behind the material so you cant suck particles into your mouth. Both can be removed if one wishes but the airpath is 100% glass. With the exception of the screens
Also if any vaporizer is drawing air from the bottom most likely the air is not completely seperated from wiring, heating element connections and probably directly contacts and passes over a resistance wire or some sort of heating element. Diagrams and pictures of the heating chamber of my design wont be shared until final production as to not let out all the "secrets" just yet. They will be available in the future. @lazylathe

JJR,

cascades

I don't see how you can say the Vapolution 3 does not have an all glass air path(it has no screens BTW).

I don't think that way Vapolution did was perfect. However they are not drawing air over ceramic. The only air that is heated is heated over glass and the path from the herb to your mouth is 100% glass. What I have a few doubts about: when the cool air is drawn down into the V3 test tube where it is heated, the cool air is drawn over a plastic cap which does have some odor(which suggests out gassing).

I agree most vendors fudge on the All glass claims. Even Glass symphony has metal screens(you can buy glass screens elsewhere, which I would suggest).

I understand there are alot of vapes that work and work well but what I also understand is that none of the vaporizers available completely seperate the heating element from the air path with glass not ceramic or aluminum or anything else but glass as mine does, as for the screens they ate in there for convenience they dont get hot like the heating element as to degrade and be able to breathe in anything from them, the one in the heater assembly is just there so particles do not fall past it to the base of the heater, the one in the mouthpiece is behind the material so you cant suck particles into your mouth. Both can be removed if one wishes but the airpath is 100% glass. With the exception of the screens

cascades,
Reactions: lazylathe

JJR

Manufacturer
I don't see how you can say the Vapolution 3 does not have an all glass air path(it has no screens BTW).

I don't think that way Vapolution did was perfect. However they are not drawing air over ceramic. The only air that is heated is heated over glass and the path from the herb to your mouth is 100% glass. What I have a few doubts about: when the cool air is drawn down into the V3 test tube where it is heated, the cool air is drawn over a plastic cap which does have some odor(which suggests out gassing).

I agree most vendors fudge on the All glass claims. Even Glass symphony has metal screens(you can buy glass screens elsewhere, which I would suggest).
Plastic anywhere on something you heat up to inhale through is definately no good I dont care what anyone says about it being a special high temp or whatever just no it shouldnt be there. And
glass screens are not like metal screens they dont have a mesh design as to catch particles, at least I have never seen a glass mesh screen. But I dont understand why having a stainless steel screen just before the material and just after would bother you if you know the rest of the unit you are breathing through is all glass from entrance to exit. The worst part of any vaporizer is either the materials they are constructed of like plastic/aluminum etc. when they heat up they off gass and also the glowing red hot heating element made of metals that could harm you as air passes over them and they degrade and they do degrade and you breathe them in with most vaporizers. But if the unit is constructed of all glass and the heating element is totally sealed off from the air you are inhaling and theres only hot air hitting screens that the temp is only somewhere in the 400 degree range tell me how that negatively impact ones health?

JJR,

JJR

Manufacturer
When using the glass mesh bowl the Glass Symphony is 100% glass. The heater is sealed in glass and then put in the airpath.
The glass mesh bowl looks like a stainless steel screen as per lazylath's video on youtube. Is what im seeing actually glass mesh? And as far as the heater being sealed in glass why is there fiberglass insulation in there is that in the airpath? Also I personally dont like the design its a rig that has to be used in a certain way like making sure not to set it down or risk melting/ catching something on fire, used in a bong or something else bulky,risk of tipping it over dangerous around pets etc...

The glass mesh bowl looks like a stainless steel screen as per lazylath's video on youtube. Is what im seeing actually glass mesh? And as far as the heater being sealed in glass why is there fiberglass insulation in there is that in the airpath? Also I personally dont like the design its a rig that has to be used in a certain way like making sure not to set it down or risk melting/ catching something on fire, used in a bong or something else bulky,risk of tipping it over dangerous around pets etc...
Also you say the heater is sealed in glass and then put in the airpath, that seems un true because once the heater is attached it becomes part of the airpath. So where does the air enter,on the heater and what does it actually pass over while inside the heater assembly before entering the "glass mesh bowl"??

JJR,

cascades

None of the plastics on the V3 is heated nor is heated air drawn over any plastic. There are other products out there that do both. What is less than optimal IMHO is that air that will be later be heated does come near/over plastic in the case. I've thought about covering the cap in gold foil, which should be pretty dang inert to contain that issue.

There are folks that believe ANY plastic in our environment is risky, but such risk is kind of hard to evaluate since such products are kind of ubiquitious now.

I sincerely hope you correct all such issues in your upcoming product. In the meant time, I'd suggest you be VERY careful how you discuss the existing products. Glass sympthony and Vapolution 3 are two the purest glass path products out there. Neither is as portable as your own product looks like it will be. Even if there were no other advantages, that gives your product a serious advantage.

Plastic anywhere on something you heat up to inhale through is definately no good I dont care what anyone says about it being a special high temp or whatever just no it shouldnt be there. And
glass screens are not like metal screens they dont have a mesh design as to catch particles, at least I have never seen a glass mesh screen. But I dont understand why having a stainless steel screen just before the material and just after would bother you if you know the rest of the unit you are breathing through is all glass from entrance to exit. The worst part of any vaporizer is either the materials they are constructed of like plastic/aluminum etc. when they heat up they off gass and also the glowing red hot heating element made of metals that could harm you as air passes over them and they degrade and they do degrade and you breathe them in with most vaporizers. But if the unit is constructed of all glass and the heating element is totally sealed off from the air you are inhaling and theres only hot air hitting screens that the temp is only somewhere in the 400 degree range tell me how that negatively impact ones health?

Many of the videos of the glass symphony have stainless steel screens in them. The glass screens are not yet widely used.

I think the fiber glass insulation is there to focus the heat. The air that is to be breathed is separated from the air path by glass. Air that will be breathed is NOT drawn over the heating element.

The GS is not intended for all kinds of use. It is meant for someone that wants a 100% glass air path rig that uses fairly standard parts and can be tuned in ways many products simply cannot.

cascades,
Reactions: lazylathe

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
a) The cube draws air through the bottom of the device. The V3 has a tube with a closed end for heating and draws air through the top

don't want to sidetrack the conversation but need to correct this … the air comes in through the top of the cube, then up through the vial, and out the top of the vial into the draw tube. 100% all glass vapor path. 100% isolated from anything but glass and herb. there are diagrams in my thread and a youtube video, too.

JJR

Manufacturer
None of the plastics on the V3 is heated nor is heated air drawn over any plastic. There are other products out there that do both. What is less than optimal IMHO is that air that will be later be heated does come near/over plastic in the case. I've thought about covering the cap in gold foil, which should be pretty dang inert to contain that issue.

There are folks that believe ANY plastic in our environment is risky, but such risk is kind of hard to evaluate since such products are kind of ubiquitious now.

I sincerely hope you correct all such issues in your upcoming product. In the meant time, I'd suggest you be VERY careful how you discuss the existing products. Glass sympthony and Vapolution 3 are two the purest glass path products out there. Neither is as portable as your own product looks like it will be. Even if there were no other advantages, that gives your product a serious advantage.
"None of the plastics on the V3 is heated" "air that will be later be heated does come near/over plastic in the case" Seems odd! Shouldnt be plastic anywhere in a vaporizer! Just my 2cents. And correct my issues I dont have any issues to correct. Also be VERY careful how I discuss existing products I havent mentioned anything about existing products except to ask questions about claims others have made about those products and give my opinions. The vaporizers you mention may be "some of the purest out there" but they still arent as pure and dont compare to what I have to offer the vaping community as far as purity. Also my product is not portable its desktop style its just smaller, safer and much more user friendly than the rest.

Many of the videos of the glass symphony have stainless steel screens in them. The glass screens are not yet widely used.

I think the fiber glass insulation is there to focus the heat. The air that is to be breathed is separated from the air path by glass. Air that will be breathed is NOT drawn over the heating element.

The GS is not intended for all kinds of use. It is meant for someone that wants a 100% glass air path rig that uses fairly standard parts and can be tuned in ways many products simply cannot.
So your saying theres a glass mesh screen? Also how would the air that is to be breathed be seperated from the air path when the air path is the air that is to be breathed? And if air is not drawn over the heating element how would it get hot as to be able to function?

don't want to sidetrack the conversation but need to correct this … the air comes in through the top of the cube, then up through the vial, and out the top of the vial into the draw tube. 100% all glass vapor path. 100% isolated from anything but glass and herb. there are diagrams in my thread and a youtube video, too.
I looked for the diagram out of pure curiousity and couldnt find it any way to post it here?

JJR,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
sure, that thread is ridiculously long - it covers 9 years of iterating. here is the diagram of air flow:
picture.php

there are three pieces of glass: the oven tube, the vial that holds the herb, and the draw tube. the heater ribbon is outside the oven tube. air is isolated from the heater - which never glows, btw - and all the electronics.

JJR

Manufacturer
sure, that thread is ridiculously long - it covers 9 years of iterating. here is the diagram of air flow:
picture.php

there are three pieces of glass: the oven tube, the vial that holds the herb, and the draw tube. the heater ribbon is outside the oven tube. air is isolated from the heater - which never glows, btw - and all the electronics.
Ok thanks for killing my curiousity. So this is actually a conduction vaporizer being the product sits in the heated oven and then air is passed through it as vapor is released its not a forced convection as I assumed it was. So its like comparing apples and potatoes to do any comparison of or products. I will say though that if the mouthpiece goes inside the "vial" and the "oven tube" is sealed at the bottom you definately have 100% glass and your heater is totally seperate from the airpath which I have not seen in a conduction vape. Only thing I see that would make it better is to add another glass tube over the heater ribbon and seal it to the oven tube at the top so the ribbon was encapsulated so then there could be no chance of anything coming in contact with the ribbon or it somehow getting overheated and burning off anything and making it into the air inlet!

Last edited:
JJR,
Top Bottom