All Glass and ceramic vape recommendations?

Hi,
I really want to buy a vaporizer but am still holding off, getting concerned over metal and plastic off-gassing, particles chipping off e.t.c.
Could someone suggest me a vaporizer with glass on glass construction and a ceramic heating element?
-no budget
-desktop or portable
-I don't like the idea of bags,

I've never vaporized before, so i have no idea what to expect or look for.
Just for my own peace of mind i'd like a vaporizer without plastic or metal in the heating chamber and air-flow.
thanks, J

time2change,
Reactions: Aner
Thanks, i quite like the look of the arizer extreme q, Is the black bowl where the herb goes glass on the inside?

1mgZCK2.jpg

time2change,

BadDog No

Seems like a good mod.
I'm torn between the ArizerEQ and the Cloud Evo,
i think i'd like to use a direct draw method - maybe through a bong.

They both seem pretty versatile.
what would you go for out of a:
Cloud Evo with Hydratube,
ArizerEQ with DDave mod

time2change,
Reactions: DDave

Squiby

The Dynavap line of vapes are fantastic. They are affordable, attractive, tiny, easy to use and very very effective.

This company offers absolute stellar Customer Service. George @VapCap is great to work with.

The build is modular, so you can customize your vap and change out bodies, sleeves, condensers, Vongs and mouthpieces according to your mood. You can also get a Dynastash (dugout) to store your Vapcap and your stash. Great for at home or when out and about.

Check out the Dynavap thread here at FC.

Here is a link to Georges website.

http://www.dynavap.com/shop/

Below are some of the Vapcap models....

dynavap.com

All titanium Omnivap
IMG_20160311_192758911_zpsk6kantwo.jpg

Cocobolo Ti Woody with mouthpiece

IMG_20160204_192724283_zps0ggvh2nk.jpg

Blackwood short body with mouthpiece and Dynastash.

IMG_20160329_212340124_HDR_zpsvj8xknlk.jpg

fuckcombustion.com
Cocobolo 18mm Vong Shorts
1024 × 752 - 243k - jpg
fuckcombustion.com
Amboyna Vong Woodie 14/12

Last edited:

ZC

If you're super worried about materials the glass vaporgenie fits your description. It has very minimal metal and the airpath is pretty much just glass and ceramic.

There are a ton of vapes that don't fall into that narrow of a material list though, and don't have any offgassing problems.

ZC,
Reactions: Squiby
That Dynavap looks seriously stylish ^^
I like the glass vaporgenie, it was the first one i was considering buying.
However i can foresee myself getting burnt using a butane vaporizer.
I think i'm going to go with an Evo as my main.

Last edited:

little maggie

What about the milaana? I think it meets your requirements. As for butane, I have managed to burn myself on several of the butane vapes. The exception is the dynavap. You could always try the original which is very inexpensive even if you spend the money on the evo.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Evo
LSV
EQ
Galaxy vortex injector
Off the top of my head those are ceramic vapes or glass vapes.

The E-Nano, HI, HomeGrownLogs are also worth a look!

No budget, how about the Herbalizer? Halogen powered vape, almost instantly reaches it's operating temp. Lots of options to use it with as well.

MiniVap, is a portable that can be used as a desktop. Teflon core, very pure taste.

Milaana, great battery portable vape that is strong enough to be used as a desktop.

My suggesting would be to browse the forums and click on the vapes to read about them and come to your own decision about what would work best in your situation.
Once you have been bitten by VAS... good luck!!! (Vape Acquisition Syndrome
Next come GAS... Another good luck!! (Glass Acquisition Syndrome)

Welcome to FC!!

blackstone

That Dynavap looks seriously stylish ^^.........
.............However i can foresee myself getting burnt using a butane vaporizer.
It's the only thing that might put me off them and the Vapman, I can get very clumsy and grab the wrong part of things! I'm bad with electric vapes!! Maybe it hurts so much we would learn the right way to hold it?!

Evo
LSV
EQ
Galaxy vortex injector
Off the top of my head those are ceramic vapes or glass vapes.

The E-Nano, HI, HomeGrownLogs are also worth a look!

No budget, how about the Herbalizer? Halogen powered vape, almost instantly reaches it's operating temp. Lots of options to use it with as well.

MiniVap, is a portable that can be used as a desktop. Teflon core, very pure taste.

Milaana, great battery portable vape that is strong enough to be used as a desktop.

My suggesting would be to browse the forums and click on the vapes to read about them and come to your own decision about what would work best in your situation.
Once you have been bitten by VAS... good luck!!! (Vape Acquisition Syndrome
Next come GAS... Another good luck!! (Glass Acquisition Syndrome)

Welcome to FC!!

Yes, I was going to mention the RooR one, or the Herborizer, but then I remembered the metal element.
I found that Galaxy Vortex link by mistake last night and said I'd mention it here, seemed like the only one I knew that fully meets OPs requirement? If you count the plastic or silicone used in whip vapes?

I think I could live with the metal Herborizer element but then I'm not too fussy, though I'm aware you can taste some metals in pipes and the like.
(I read the Herborizer manufacturer intended at one point to use ceramic element, but has not switched from metal for some reason, maybe worth asking him in an email for your own interests?)

I don't know if the Aromed 4.0 is still considered "ultra clean", something about the bulb holder being plastic, and it has a plastic/silicone type whip.
But I'll mention it as the manufacturers seem fussy about materials, and I'm considering buying a used one myself lately

blackstone,
Reactions: lazylathe

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I'd suggest you check out the logs - e-nano or underdog. The Hi is the other log vape still in production, but there is a substantial waiting list for it. Major difference between the nano and UD are the nano uses AC power and the UD DC power. I greatly prefer the nano because it is AC and ready to go with adjustable vape temps right out of the box. UD comes with a DC converting wall wort, but you would have to pick up a variable voltage power supply to be able to adjust heat. Both can be used easily dry or easily through a bubbler.

Other vapes may meet your criteria, but these two logs are very popular here on fuckcombustion, and with good reason. Simple tech with no crap in the airpath that delivers great hits while conserving your stash. nano has a ceramic heating element sheathed in a stainless steel tube. Think UD is stainless steel heating element in most, but ceramic (housed in ss) is still an option. You'll find more info about it on the UD thread and in their videos on youtube.

I know you mention no metal with concerns of off gassing. Stainless steel is very stable and shouldn't offgas at all at vaping temps. IIRC stainless can start to offgas in the 600-700 C range (depending on alloy). I think the highest temp you can crank a nano to is about 300C, and you'd be combusting up in that range

FWIW, the EQ is a nice vape (still have mine packed away and used it for years), but not the best or most efficient desktop IMO. One of the nice things about it is that it can do bags as well as direct draw through a hose. But, the airpath isn't the cleanest. Incoming air goes across the electronics before the heater, so may not meet your criteria. There is also a good bit of plastic inside. And, using tubing brings its own set of issues.

Ricardo

DaVinci Ascent? Only vape I've ever owned,. Keep it clean and fresh and it's a the smoothest high I could ever hope for :peace:

Ricardo,

throwawaytre3s

If bags aren't really your concern then I wouldn't go for the EQ, honestly. Even with the DDave mod it performs alright at best with a whip. I used my DDave mod wonderfully for years. If you want a nice, simple, easy to use mod that's safe, look into the e-nano. No bags, only direct draw/whip if you hook one up, it's super easy to connect to a water tool and ultra efficient. The heating element is simply a ceramic rod in a stainless steel housing, so there's no risk of offgassing or anything from shoddy electronics, airflow doesn't pass over any.

subway13029

Id say the ssv or lsv. Only thing other than glass and ceramic in these would be the whip for the ssv. But lsv u can use glass transfer wand or thru water..

subway13029,
Reactions: Buildozer

Squiby

However i can foresee myself getting burnt using a butane vaporizer

Of all the externally heated vapes that I am aware of, the Vapcap is the only one that can use just about any heat source. What I mean is that it is not butane torch dependent. You can use a torch, but unlike the Vapman which requires a single jet torch, the Vapcap can be heated using a single, double, triple or quad torch or a candle, or a regular bic lighter or a stove element or a oil lamp. Some have even experimented with solar heat and elements from electric vapes.

It is the only vape that can be used in a sustainable way off grid. It just doesn't tie you down to one source as other vapes do.

If for no other reason than this, a Vapcap should be in everyone's vaporizer toolbox.

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
If you plan to use it paired with some kind of water tool I can recommend the all glass Herborizer or De Verdamper. I prefer the Herbo as it's smaller and has temperature control. Best tasting vape I ever tried.

The Beagle,

nomadicsoul34

Some of the photos se
If you're super worried about materials the glass vaporgenie fits your description. It has very minimal metal and the airpath is pretty much just glass and ceramic.

There are a ton of vapes that don't fall into that narrow of a material list though, and don't have any offgassing problems.
some photos seem to show plastic or silicone O rings ..any thoughts on that ?

nomadicsoul34,

ZC

@nomadicsoul34

I don't see what you're talking about, can you link to the pictures you're talking about?

Glass bat vaporizer - Clearly no plastic or silicone and they even have a diagram breaking down each individual piece. There's a metal retaining ring, support coil, screen, and sliding door. A ceramic filter, and a glass enclosure. The glass sherlock has even less metal, as mentioned, just a screen.

Here's a cheaper way to have very few materials, tube vaping. Very simple, cheap, and effective.

Then there's options like the vapexhale cloud evo, which has nothing but glass in the airpath. It seems to work similar to the Bud Toaster in that a coil is wrapped around a glass tube, so the heating element is completely separate from the airpath.

ZC,

little maggie

Just another comment about the vapcap: I am pretty motorically inept as I've noted in other threads. There are several of the popular butane vapes that I could never get to work. The vapcap is totally simple and the part being held is on the other end of the stem from the part that gets lit.
Also I have the EQ which is also simple to use. I don't like using tubing but Ed (from Ed's TNT) has an accessory that is basically an all glass adjustable tube.

BD9

I would suggest the Vapor Brothers Box. It's a desktop vape that has virtually no learning curve. They do, for lack of a better phrase, emissions testing on their units.

All Vaporbrothers products conforms to strict self imposed standards of inhalation safety unheard of in the industry. We conform to worldwide RoHS standards - eliminating lead and other toxic materials.

All Vaporbrothers Vaporizers feature our exclusive Natural Mineral Heater - an extremely dense and non porous ceramic material that does not expose you to hot metal or other questionable materials. It is the worlds first ceramic heating element custom designed for vaporizing.

We use laminated birch wood and finishes from European sources to ensure they conform to the world's highest standards for chemical exposure. All Whip tubing and silicone parts are medical grade. Since components of this unit are extremely hot, these are essential requirements!

http://www.vaporbrothers.com/vaporbrothers-vapor-box-desktop-vaporizer-hands-free-120V

nomadicsoul34

ZC

http://www.dynavap.com/product/titanium-tip/

titanium tip. 3 black plastic rings that im guessing help with the fit.

My worry it that they are part of the metal section that gets a lot of heat exposure. I dont own one of these yet so im just going from photos.

I do LOVE the design though !! easily the most beautiful portables out there.
As someone who just micro doses in order to drop of to sleep easier this could be just what im looking for !

nomadicsoul34,

ZC

I see, you quoted my post about the vaporgenie, but you were talking about the vapcap?

These are high-temp silicone O-rings. They are safe for the vapcaps temp and inert. I haven't seen a single complaint of offgassing from the o-rings and don't expect to.

Squiby

titanium tip. 3 black plastic rings that im guessing help with the fit.

The high temperature orings that fit on the end of the tip have two functions; they provide a smooth tight fit into the midsection and they prevent heat from transferring to the midsection. Other than the tip itself the rest of the Vapcap remains at room temps.

The tip, as I mentioned above fits into the midsection and OVER the condenser. The orings are not in the airpath. The airpath is stainless steel on the ti tipped vapcaps and all glass on the OG Vapcap.

I have never burned myself using the Vapcap and I use it throughout the day and evening, every 2 - 3 hours. I microdose tiny amounts and even now, I'm astonished at how efficient the Vapvap is with your herbs.

The Vapcap is the size and shape of a cigarette. And like a cigarette, you light it, or heat it in the Vapcaps case, THEN toke. This is unlike many butane vapes that have a flame applied WHILE toking. I have never grabbed a cigarette by it lit end and likewise, I never touch the Vapcap by the tip when hot.

Top Bottom