Alivi8 Vaporizer (portable pipe)

Sad to hear about how they're potentially infringing on your patent, Dan. And it's interesting that they would choose to use an apparently inferior material.. Anyway, as others have said, come over to the Vaporgenie thread and read the endless amounts of feedback, predominantly positive, about your vapes!

I don't necessarily dislike the serpentine pattern, although I can see where it would frustrate the learning curve for someone who was new to vaporizing. The pattern is actually one the cooler parts of the Alivi8.

Pardon me for getting more off topic, but I think if you want to make more money for vaporgenie then your number one priority should be getting a Waterpipe Vaporgenie out, simply packaging the glass vaporgenie top-filter with a bowl piece with a glass on glass joint. Many people (me, others, haha) have done this and it works very well, with very little learning curve, in fact far less than the normal vaporgenie and most of the vaporgenies because the clear glass gives immediate feedback as to vapor density. Besides that, I think you should focus on making a lower cost vaporgenie, even less than the steel coil, which could absolutely smash the vape market apart with a 25-35 dollar price tag. Pipe dreams, maybe!

charliedontsurf,

lwien

Welcome Dan. The VG was my intro into vaping............GREAT product.

And yeah, agree with treecityrnd above. Poke your head in at the VG thread every once in awhile. We're a friendly but very inquisitive group around here, and your input would be GREATLY appreciated by all.

lwien,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I dunno guys, I agree with Darco that it was a disappointing first and only post from Vapor Genie. Would we all be so tolerant and welcoming to any other manufacturer coming in and making such a first and only post in a competitors thread? Seems to me pretty rude :2c:

WatTyler,

max

Out to lunch
WatTyler said:
I dunno guys, I agree with Darco that it was a disappointing first and only post from Vapor Genie. Would we all be so tolerant and welcoming to any other manufacturer coming in and making such a first and only post in a competitors thread? Seems to me pretty rude :2c:
It's also against the rules, but considering the fact that the post points out not only what may well be patent violations, but safety concerns as well, we're going to leave it for the time being. What we don't need here is any more posts aimed at Dan, wether the aim is to get him to post in the Genie thread, or discussion about whether his comments are welcome or not.

max,

VaporGenie

Manufacturer
At VG we generally prefer to keep a low profile, but after being alerted to the patently false claims by the folks at Alivi8 concerning our products (i.e that the Alivi8 is not a VG copy, and works differently), and the copying of our marketing materials, I felt it would be appropriate to respond. Indeed, I felt a duty to at least inform people about the FeCrAlY material and our experience with it.

I am puzzled that some think that what I wrote was rude. What I wrote was factual and correct, and largely a response to false claims made about VaporGenie pipes.

I understand that patent disputes are not particularly important to consumers. But consumers are concerned about fair play and like to see their money go where it is deserved and fosters continuing innovation. So, our main message to consumers is to support VaporGenie for these reasons. If you value and support innovation, and dislike copycats, then support VaporGenie. At VaporGenie, we are continuing to innovate, with many new products and product improvements introduced in just the last year.

I will not post any more on this thread except possibly for specific questions about the Alivi8. If anyone has questions or whatever, I will respond to them at the VaporGenie thread.

VaporGenie,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

EYE1DER

justin@red-eye.co.uk
It has been brought to my attention that vaporgenie have been making posts
insinuating there may be health issues relating to the metal foam filters in the Alivi8,
having spoke with the manufacturers of the FeCrAlY filters I am assured
the material is perfectly safe for use in this particular application,
unfortunately it can not be said the same with this competitors Silicon Carbide filter,
when exposed to temps as low as 1200C Silicon carbide can produce SiO2 (silicon oxide)
Cristobalite which is a known CANCER CAUSING AGENT if ingested or inhaled.
the unique tortuous path design taken by the vapor in the Alivi8 enhances and cools
the vapors flavour and creates a sticky trap for any potential material passing through the system,
the same can not be said for the straight through designs of the Vaporgenie,
any loose particles will be inhaled and ingested.

Red-eye UK Ltd have for the past 18 years been designing and manufacturing premium smoking paraphernalia ,
there was no intention of violating any US patents during the development process of the Alivi8,
the words 'fear of competition' and 'prams n' dummies' spring to mind.

(moderators- Am I also allowed to post these SAFETY CONCERNS on the vaporgenie thread? or will the offending posts be removed)

Irie!

EYE1DER,

SpaceApe

Hi ALL newbie from down under, keen to get the FACTS on this new machine....

Dan, Justin - you both make claims about each others products re: the health concerns of each material used to heat the contents....

"spoke with the manufacturers" & "it DOES oxidize and release metal fumes "

Not being a chemical engineers (not even an engineer... :brow: ) - can you both provide some links, data sheets etc to support your claims of ill effects from the buring, heating or overheating of each respective products core heat exchanger.....

I vape due to its clean results, not keen on sucking up any baddies.... :ninja:

Please enlighten, unless there is a chemist out there that can shed some "light" on the subject - excuse the pun...

Peace ! :peace:

SpaceApe,
Reactions: simba

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Hear hear. These accusations keep me from buying both of your products & I can't be alone in that. Show us the evidence or just stfu please.

VG guy, you can post any evidence you have to prove the safety of your product in the VG thread. It would be nice of you to show your face there like so many VG users keep requesting. If you have the time for posts like this it shouldn't be to hard to make some time to talk to your customers, sounds a lot more constructive to me.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Let's not stir up a shitstorm here. VG can post in the VG thread if he wants, but no more posts in this one.

stickstones,

Pcpvapors

EYE1DER said:
unfortunately it can not be said the same with this competitors Silicon Carbide filter,
when exposed to temps as low as 1200C Silicon carbide can produce SiO2 (silicon oxide)
Cristobalite which is a known CANCER CAUSING AGENT if ingested or inhaled.
Irie!
Not to attack the company or the poster but you are well aware the whole vaporization process rarely exceeds 200C (for most users others will take it slightly higher to about 215). Either way that is nearly a full 1000C lower than the exposure needed to release this said agent. Personal thought this thread seems to be heading into a PD VS ZAP kinda game. Either way the back and forth nonsense isn't worth it. As far as health concerns being pointed out, the same happened with Vapor buddy. Once again i found your information irrelevant considering the vaporization temps and with that being said at a quick glance someone who doesn't know what they're doing it may occur slanderous to VG. :2c:

malawigold

Landrace Advocate
Pcpvapors said:
Not to attack the company or the poster but you are well aware the whole vaporization process rarely exceeds 200C (for most users others will take it slightly higher to about 215). Either way that is nearly a full 1000C lower than the exposure needed to release this said agent. Personal thought this thread seems to be heading into a PD VS ZAP kinda game. Either way the back and forth nonsense isn't worth it. As far as health concerns being pointed out, the same happened with Vapor buddy. Once again i found your information irrelevant considering the vaporization temps and with that being said at a quick glance someone who doesn't know what they're doing it may occur slanderous to VG. :2c:

Not to attack you or to stir this up any worse, but Pcvapors the temperatures they state can be dangerous to the fact that a flame is involved, much less the possibilities of torch use. These heat sources do in fact reach the temperature they mention. Now to say if one can take the temp and the other can't... I don't know about that one because I don't have the lab results.

All I have to say is VG is the one who has test results and proof of legwork... If the mods approved a debate on the two materials with test results within civil bound (ie no company bashing just test results so we can no which vape is in fact healthy). I'm severely interested to see which vape is in fact healthy and which company is just blowing bullshit :2c:

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
I grabbed one of these about a week ago and have been using it as my out and about vape exclusively. Here's my thoughts on the product.

The issue of the filter safety is something that each person will have to decide for themselves - it doesn't bother me at all.

Out the box this looks and feels like a quality product. It has a substantial weight to it and a super smooth and polished look, even the packaging is quite slick.

The use is pretty straight forward - unscrew back section, load herb, re-attach and then inhale while applying flame (load size approx. 0.1g). I find the vapor produced to be very tasty, cool and smooth. I can imagine that an inexperienced vaporist might scorch a few bowls getting to grips with the technique, but seasoned hands shouldn't have too much of a problem. I found it pretty straight forward to use and only burnt a bowl when trying to see the limits of extraction.

I had best results when loading a full bowl - with a half bowl I found the top of the herb scorches more easily. Also, for some unknown reason, I had best results loading into the body section rather than into the screw-off herb section.

One thing I noticed is that it's hard to get the ABV to a dark tan without scorching. I found it best to stop and replace herb once the vapor production stops being easily available. Don't be tempted to up the flame or draw a lot longer as you will most likely inhale a big lung of acrid smoke :puke:
The most consistent results I got were using a small-medium flame with a medium strength inhale for 3-4 seconds - stirring every 3rd hit.

It all comes apart easily for cleaning and maintenance and, as it's made from ss, it can all be easily cleaned by dropping it in some ISO.

Overall I'm very happy with my Alivi8. It gives very tasty vapor, is super sturdy and is pretty handy as a portable due to its size and the fact that it only needs a normal lighter to operate. The one thing that I had to get used to was not being able to see if the flame is lit (as I liked the smaller flame) but it didn't take long to master.

DrKramik

Hi ! First impressions of the Alivi8 (and first post ever in this forum)

I am not new into vaporization, i tried several portable and a Volcano once in a while. I am now using for years, the Solwe's Vapbong but like trying alternatives such as the VaporGenie and just today the Alvi8.

(I will probably post in the dedicated thread about my long story with the Vapbong as it seems underrated. I am not affiliated with anyone but the VapBong is like my reference's point if this makes any sense.)

I won't repeat everything the other testified already about the Alvi8. It's elegant, feels over-engineered and heavy, stylish packaging, etc. Very well made and looks better than the VG, IMO.

I've been using it for 2 hours now and i must say i am encountering the same issues (the same disappointments) as with the VaporGenie: It produces tar, the air stream is hot, and you got a bad taste which you don't know if it's from the gas or if it's a metallic taste from a part of the vaporizer itself.
I've read the whole thread several time already and i am too concerned about material safety.

I know the taste went away with the VaporGenie after some sessions, i hope it will be the same with the Alvi8.

I've spotted soot-like residues in the maze itself, but only in the first "cross-road". This is probably the biggest limitation about heating your airflow directly with a flame... tar and soot, beurk.

I had best results with a normal BIC lighter, couldn't get the trick with jetflame as i was very concerned about melting the filters, lol. The heating section does get very hot and you will have to wait some minutes before considering sliding it in your pocket (duuuuh).

I find the herb chamber too deep, making the material lying far from the heating section.

I wish i had more money to afford something else, like an electronic one. I will keep it as a backup vape, or my on-the-go vape (because it looks cool and stealthy) but I will stick with my VapBong for everyday use (way cleaner, without any doubts).

In short: It's pretty; It does work as it claims; but i am not the happiest with it, maybe it will grow on me over time.

I might get back after some practice for leaving some long-term feedback.

Cheers !

DrKramik,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Pace

I purchased an Alivi8 vaporizer from the Aliv8 website. The package was delayed and I contacted the company. Their emails where responsive, professional and a few days later the vaporizer arrived.

After reading the instructions I loaded and started to use the vaporizer.

There was a very distinct metallic taste coming from the flame filter... This tasted very toxic indeed. I immediatly contacted alivi8 through their website and responded to the previous correspondace i had sent to them.

I told them about the problem on the 27th September, and asked them to provide health and safty testing reports on the metal filter. I have received no correspondence from the company what-so-ever.

My conclusions right now are that the device does not vaporize that well, i have huge concerns over what I am inhaling and over the lack of correspondance from the company regarding health and safty of this device.

Also the cooling filter system is pretty much a con, as it only passes through 1 channel. If you want to spoke your herb in the cleanest way possible then right now this is not the device to do it with.

I would appreciate Alivi8 responding publicly about these concerns and taking actions to resolve all current issues. I personally would either like a full refund or the device upgraded to one that addresses the current problems.

Kind regards,

Pace

stickstones

Vapor concierge
@Pace

This thread hasn't seen any activity in over a year, and then only two posts for the year before that. I don't think you are going to get much response here from the manufacturer. Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Firstly. HAPPY 6TH BIRTHDAY to this post!! :clap::wave:

Secondly - I came across this forum post as I was searching for reviews of the portable vapes that I've seen in my local shop. I'm basically looking for a portable vape that uses convection (as my main aim is to find a portable (and economical - like 100$ max) way to vape in the healthiest way possible).

I can only presume that in the last 6 years that there is possibly a better vape out there than this?

NeverGonnaGiveItUp,

mephisto

Check out the Healthy Rips Fury, its convection and if you order before the end of May, its got a discount. Check out the thread about it. Welcome to FC!

mephisto,
Hi. Thanks for the welcome.

I actually live in Europe - so one of my big problems is that I need a European supplier - and the choices seem limited in that regard. Ordering from outside Europe seems to incur many extra costs - money conversion, postage and then the dreaded 'post-office tax'.
I hope someone here can recommend a place in Europe that I can buy from (I've found internet searches aren't always the best).

Was hoping to pick-up a decent one from the local 'grow-shop' store - but as already stated - the choices seem to be limited to older models and stock (hence my original post about the Alivi8 - which they have in stock in said shop).

Last edited:
NeverGonnaGiveItUp,

Doktor Dub

Hi. Thanks for the welcome.

I actually live in Europe - so one of my big problems is that I need a European supplier - and the choices seem limited in that regard. Ordering from outside Europe seems to incur many extra costs - money conversion, postage and then the dreaded 'post-office tax'.
I hope someone here can recommend a place in Europe that I can buy from (I've found internet searches aren't always the best).

Was hoping to pick-up a decent one from the local 'grow-shop' store - but as already stated - the choices seem to be limited to older models and stock (hence my original post about the Alivi8 - which they have in stock in said shop).

@NeverGonnaGiveItUp

Welcome to FC! If you want help to chose a good portable for you, there are several Threads about exactly this Topic.
You can also start your own Thread, if you know a bit about what you want - this way you will get much more help than posting here.
If you found some Vapes you are interested in, be sure to check out their own Threads.

As you are living in Europe, there are a few very good european Vaporizer stores, for example:

verdampftnochmal.de (german, ships to whole europe)
vapefiend.co.uk (GB, ships to whole europe)
vaposhop.com (FC sponsor, NL, FREE shipping to whole europe for Vaporizer over 50 euro)
there is a 10% discount code for vaposhop.
lacentralevapeur or something like this is a french store some people around here love very much, check the Herborizer Thread

Doktor Dub,
Thanks.

You mean I should make a separate thread right?

I would have done that but I have 'insufficient privileges' to make a new thread :o:cry:

So for now I have to tag onto other threads to ask questions. Though, time is of the essence!, I really need to get a suitable one.

Last edited:
NeverGonnaGiveItUp,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
There is some nice price avalaible for this vape, is it worth it?

Thread is not glorious....

PPN,
Hi. Sorry guys I still can't create my own threads here. . . so having to tag onto this one still.

Also I did try the search box and it said 'search terms were too short'.

Anyway I was trying to find out if the
X MAX V2 Pro Vaporizer
is any good. It's within my price range and also in stock in my local shop. Perhaps a decent vape to try for my first time (and take to a music festival for several days)?

https://www.planetofthevapes.com/products/x-max-v2-pro

To be honest I think i've done too much research so now I'm all confused again. Eeekk!

NeverGonnaGiveItUp,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi. Sorry guys I still can't create my own threads here. . . so having to tag onto this one still.

Also I did try the search box and it said 'search terms were too short'.

Anyway I was trying to find out if the
X MAX V2 Pro Vaporizer
is any good. It's within my price range and also in stock in my local shop. Perhaps a decent vape to try for my first time (and take to a music festival for several days)?

https://www.planetofthevapes.com/products/x-max-v2-pro

To be honest I think i've done too much research so now I'm all confused again. Eeekk!

That's a good vape .... 2 years ago... in the same price range there is some good contenders: Focus, Fury, Alfa, Alternate although the X-Max is a good vape with a lot of good features but you can post in its thread somewhere in the portable section...

PPN,

kokolokokolokon

Hi!
I have found an Alivi8 that I had kept for a long time (I think more than 10 years ago, at the same time I tried the Vaponic) thinking it was a pipe.
What happened to this vaporizer? Is it safe?
I read that it is like vaporgenie, however there were disputes about patents and health risks...
I do not know if i should try to replace the metallic foam with some type of coil to create an electric convection vaporization.
what do you think?

kokolokokolokon,
Top Bottom