Alfa Vaporizer by goboof

Mike M

So interested in this vape, but does anyone know an email to get in contact with these guys? Because I sent them one and they never answered
I sent them a couple of emails last week when I got the product and never heard back. I believe they are in Ireland? Have to say, love the Alfa more and more every day

Mike M,

SiDankies

I sent them a couple of emails last week when I got the product and never heard back. I believe they are in Ireland? Have to say, love the Alfa more and more every day

Yea they haven't answers me either. I want to see how truly committed they are to the product before I purchase it. Have you been using the screen in the chamber oven?

SiDankies,

Mike M

Yea they haven't answers me either. I want to see how truly committed they are to the product before I purchase it. Have you been using the screen in the chamber oven?
YES! First night I had the untit, I got nothing after the first few hits. I thought it was defective, until I figured out he next morning that the pathway was blocked after the first couple of hits.

I went to the store, bought a pack of screens the same size it comes with (it does come with 3 extras. but didn't want to damage them), put a whole in the middle and put it in the chamber. I also removed the screen from the top. Both these ideas came from Yoosh on this site.

Now, I can draw has hard as I like, and I never get debris in my mouth, or a blocked pathway. I highly recommend this. It KILLS the Pax. If you have any other questions, post them and I'll try to answer.

Last edited:

SiDankies

YES! First night I had the until, I got nothing after the first few hits. I thought it was defective, until I figured out he next morning that the pathway was blocked after the first couple of hits.

I went to the store, bought a pack of screens the same size it comes with (it does come with 3 extras. but didn't want to damage them), put a whole in the middle and put it in the chamber. I also removed the screen from the top. Both these ideas came from Yoosh on this site.

Now, I can draw has hard as I like, and I never get debris in my mouth, or a blocked pathway. I highly recommend this. It KILLS the Pax. If you have any other questions, post them and I'll try to answer.
Any way you can maybe post some pics or vids? Id like to see the performance of this thing before i buy it.

SiDankies,

Mike M

Any way you can maybe post some pics or vids? Id like to see the performance of this thing before i buy it.
I don't , but here are some video links that show it in action, I found them to be accurate

and this

Mike M,

SiDankies

Lmaoo saw those already. How are you finding packing and unpacking? Easy or difficult? How is the cleaning process and how often have you cleaned it, if ever so far. Also have you tried the auto functions

SiDankies,

Mike M

Lmaoo saw those already. How are you finding packing and unpacking? Easy or difficult? How is the cleaning process and how often have you cleaned it, if ever so far. Also have you tried the auto functions

1. Packing: If material is ground, loading is easy. You have to hold the Alfa in one hand, while you pour with the other. It was awkward at first, because you have to also keep the door open with a finger, so it doesn't flip over, but now getting used to it. Would love to be able to put the Alfa upside down to load, like my old Pax, and use two hands, but unit won't stand up upside down. Unloading, which I thought might be harder, is even easier. Just flip it over and let it poor out. I have never once had to dig the material out, and have used 3 different strains to load.

2. Cleaning: Super easy, and I like to keep my units clean. Just run a pipe cleaner down the pathway once in a while. The chamber, doesn't ever seem to get dirty, no matter how much I use it. I keep on thinking I have to use some ISO in there, but so far, after 5 days, it has not needed to be cleaned. Next to the Firefly, this the easiest clean I have seen.

3. Have not tried either auto function yet, would love to know what some people on this site, including Yoosh, think. I start on low and work my way up the temps. Also, before I move to the high setting, I let the material fall onto a piece of paper, then send it back in. I hit med, once more, and them move to high.
Also, every time I thought it was finished on high, I reloaded it and got 1 or 2 super hits.

Mike M,

SiDankies

1. Packing: If material is ground, loading is easy. You have to hold the Alfa in one hand, while you pour with the other. It was awkward at first, because you have to also keep the door open with a finger, so it doesn't flip over, but now getting used to it. Would love to be able to put the Alfa upside down to load, like my old Pax, and use two hands, but unit won't stand up upside down. Unloading, which I thought might be harder, is even easier. Just flip it over and let it poor out. I have never once had to dig the material out, and have used 3 different strains to load.

2. Cleaning: Super easy, and I like to keep my units clean. Just run a pipe cleaner down the pathway once in a while. The chamber, doesn't ever seem to get dirty, no matter how much I use it. I keep on thinking I have to use some ISO in there, but so far, after 5 days, it has not needed to be cleaned. Next to the Firefly, this the easiest clean I have seen.

3. Have not tried either auto function yet, would love to know what some people on this site, including Yoosh, think. I start on low and work my way up the temps. Also, before I move to the high setting, I let the material fall onto a piece of paper, then send it back in. I hit med, once more, and them move to high.
Also, every time I thought it was finished on high, I reloaded it and got 1 or 2 super hits.

How is the heat up time? And what temps have you been using?

SiDankies,

Bunnyrabbit

I've been lurking this thread since the Alfa went on sale in my country, but there still isn't a lot of info out there. I Want to bite the bullet, but I need details. If current owners could please assist?
1- smell leakage. Discreet smell is very important to me, the less, the better. How is the alfa? I know these types of vape continue to heat the herbs even when not hitting, so I'm concerned about the smell here.
2 - is it best to kill the load in one sitting? I'm used to combusting in a glass pipe and like that I can hit it as and when. I've been reading that the mflb may be better for this, but I'd want to purchase that with the PA 2.0, and that combo would be more expensive than the Alfa.

Bunnyrabbit,

Mike M

How is the heat up time? And what temps have you been using?
Heat up time is about 45 seconds, I usually start on med, or low, and just work my way up the temps.
Also, I kick it out and reload once when I think its spent, always getting one or two more hits.
It really does a great job of maximizing your material because the chamber is the perfect size

SiDankies

I've been lurking this thread since the Alfa went on sale in my country, but there still isn't a lot of info out there. I Want to bite the bullet, but I need details. If current owners could please assist?
1- smell leakage. Discreet smell is very important to me, the less, the better. How is the alfa? I know these types of vape continue to heat the herbs even when not hitting, so I'm concerned about the smell here.
2 - is it best to kill the load in one sitting? I'm used to combusting in a glass pipe and like that I can hit it as and when. I've been reading that the mflb may be better for this, but I'd want to purchase that with the PA 2.0, and that combo would be more expensive than the Alfa.

If you want a vape you can hit it and leave it than this is not the one. This is a session vape along with most other electronics not name FIREFLY OR MFLB

SiDankies,

Mike M

If you want a vape you can hit it and leave it than this is not the one. This is a session vape along with most other electronics not name FIREFLY OR MFLB
The thing I find about the Alfa, is that the chamber is perfect for one session. You wouldn't want to do a little, or half, and hold the rest. It's not like the Pax, where the chamber is so huge, you can get multiple sessions. For me, it's perfect. I have the Firefly, and that is perfect for hit and leave.

Mike M,

Bunnyrabbit

If the smell wasn't as issue than I could have a small session with it, I don't mind that, as it has a small chamber and i'd be splitting it in evening times with my partner.
We live across the hall from a very nosey neighbour, with an anti-cannabis landlord and have had numerous naggings about smell from combustion, this is the main reason I am interested in the Alfa/mflb, smell (or lack of) is a priority for me.

Bunnyrabbit,

Mike M

WOW, they (Goboof) just sent me a users manual 2 minutes ago while I was reading this! Complete with cleaning instructions and other stuff. Would love to upload it, but don't know how.

They wrote me this about the screen:
"We are aware of the screen issue some users are experiencing so we will be making a new screen asap to go in the oven. We should have them just before the holidays/christmas."

As for smell, I hit it 4 feet away from my wife in the bathroom of a NYC apartment, and she has no idea.

Bunnyrabbit

Thanks Mike M, having been in NYC I know how tiny the bathrooms can be, that definitely gives me food for thought.

Bunnyrabbit,

Mike M

Charging: From the new manual they sent.

"Operation: battery Charge
The Alfa vaporizer will run for approximately 2 hours on LO setting.
From complete discharge the battery takes approximately 4.5 hours
to fully charge. The vaporizer will run for approximately 5 hours
continuously while plugged in and in use. The vaporizer can be used
after 40 minutes of charge from complete discharge. This will give you
approximately 20 minutes of continuous use without being plugged
into a power source. If plugged into a power source the vaporizer will
run for approximately 3 hours after 20 minutes of charge."

This above seems slightly confusing to me, so the unit has to have some charge in it, even to use it plugged in?

SiDankies

The thing I find about the Alfa, is that the chamber is perfect for one session. You wouldn't want to do a little, or half, and hold the rest. It's not like the Pax, where the chamber is so huge, you can get multiple sessions. For me, it's perfect. I have the Firefly, and that is perfect for hit and leave.
Well yes that is exactly what i mean. Firefly and mflb you press to heat so you can hit and leave like you said. Alfa is different.

Ayeee they also emailed me

"
Thank you for your interesting in the Alfa vaporiser.
Yes the charge time is 4.5 hours. 1h 30m for MID and HI is normal but it will run up to 2h on LO.
Again yes we are very committed to providing good customer service. We have only just moved office over the last week so we may have been slow during that time but should be fully up to speed now. Also bear in mind that we are in Ireland and do not have a customer service centres in other territories just yet so major time zone difference can play a part in our response times.
The warranty on the Alfa is 2 years.
Hope this information helps.
Regards
------ "

Sweeeeet

SiDankies,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
"If plugged into a power source the vaporizer will
run for approximately 3 hours after 20 minutes of charge."

This above seems slightly confusing to me, so the unit has to have some charge in it, even to use it plugged in?

This is normal for most vapourizers that let you use them while charging. They do not bypass the battery.

pakalolo,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Mike M

I have the PDF of the expanded owners manual, is it possible to load to this site so others may view?

Last edited:
Mike M,

josemembreno

I guess you save the file to Dropbox or something similar and then share it. You would then insert that shared link into this post. If you want, send me the file an I'll do it. My email is

I receive my alfa tomorrow. I hope it's a lot better then my pinnacle pro.

mod note: Edited to hide email address

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike M

You guys may want to edit your posts to delete the email address, unless you are a spam fan. Always use PM for giving out your email addy.
Thanks, good point, Just deleted from my reply

Last edited:
Mike M,

SiDankies

Yes please post the manual that would be awesome! And jose when you post it please we would love to hear the feedback because I know others are also looking to buy this. Btw I love my PNP ;)

SiDankies,

Mike M

Yes please post the manual that would be awesome! And jose when you post it please we would love to hear the feedback because I know others are also looking to buy this. Btw I love my PNP ;)
You also email Ciaran at: info@goboof.com, he sent me mine.

I cannot recommend this enough, the Alfa is great.

Mike M,
Top Bottom