Alfa Vaporizer by goboof

7EON

Is it just me, or does it seem like something inside the Alfa is kinda loose? Like if you shake it back and forth, does anyone else feel something kind of rock back and forth a bit?

Also,is the charging port is somehow connected to the airflow cause when I put my mouth against it and exhale, a little bit of air seems to go from the bottom and the mouth piece. Is anyone else's Alfa like that? The charging port is also a bit off center from the hole.

Last edited:
7EON,

Deleted Member 1442

I just tried shaking mine and i didnt feel anything moving. And I blew through the charging port and yes it seems that it is, but indirectly. The air comes out of the edges of the oven, not through the airpath itself. And yes, my charging port is slightly off center.

josemembreno

What exactly kind of heater issue did you have?

It just doesn't seem to heat up enough. I rarely get clouds even trying all the different methods described in past posts. When I view the videos on youtube, I see how its supposed to be. I even tried a friends new alfa and it works much better then mine. Remember, I bought my alfa when it first came out and they were known to be problematic with its first version. The newer version works much better from what I have heard. Ciaran from goboof has been awesome and very responsive.

Deleted Member 1442

hey guys, accidentally got a little bit of isoproyl alcohol under the dial, so I tried pulling the dial off so that I could dry it before it touched electronics, and turns out the dial is glued on. So just letting you guys know that it will be hard to put it back on if it falls off or you pull it off.

7EON

I just tried shaking mine and i didnt feel anything moving.
Hmm, when I lightly shake mine, I hear something like a screw that's loose and if I shake harder, I feel something rocking back and forth. I just got it last week and it has always been like that since I got it.

7EON,

Deleted Member 1442

Just tried shaking it harder. And I feel something moving. But I don't hear anything. If your vape works, it should probably be fine. Likely just the battery or other electronics moving around.

Deleted Member 1442,
Reactions: 7EON

josemembreno

It just doesn't seem to heat up enough. I rarely get clouds even trying all the different methods described in past posts. When I view the videos on youtube, I see how its supposed to be. I even tried a friends new alfa and it works much better then mine. Remember, I bought my alfa when it first came out and they were known to be problematic with its first version. The newer version works much better from what I have heard. Ciaran from goboof has been awesome and very responsive.
Got my replacement from goboof and what a difference with the newest model. Less restriction, better heat and immediate clouds. I love this version even more. I don't understand how this is not rated as one of the top portable vapes.

7EON

Got my replacement from goboof and what a difference with the newest model. Less restriction, better heat and immediate clouds. I love this version even more. I don't understand how this is not rated as one of the top portable vapes.
How did the return go? Did Goboof pay for the shipping and handling with a return label or anything when you sent it back?

icloud

Just an update for anyone interested. I took the alpha apart today by removing the 2 tiny screws - one on the side and one in the base of the bowl beneath the mouthpiece. This allows the top part with control wheel to be taken off and the body cover to be slid off over the internals. It was a bit gungy on the insides especially round the oven area where crumbs from loading and unloading have got into the circuit board areas and some of the internal nylon frame. This is after about 2 bowls per week since February this year. I gave it a good clean out, reset the wheel (so its tighter again) and replaced everything. If you do this, ensure the correct screw driver bit is used and also watch for wires getting trapped when sliding the case back on. I don't think a home battery replacement would be too difficult if a replacement could be found or sent from goboof.

And like others, I'd wrapped dental floss around the wheel to tighten it but having seen how the wheel connects to the small selector dial, I removed it and would not recommend this. I simply now have a thick heavy duty black rubber band that goes around the top of the unit to avoid accidental switching on. Have to say I'm in love with it still and the honeymoon phase isn't over after nearly 5 months!

Last edited by a moderator:

josemembreno

How did the return go? Did Goboof pay for the shipping and handling with a return label or anything when you sent it back?

Well, I'm not sure if goboof will be cool with me spilling the beans, but they sent me a free replacement without needing the old one back. It was too costly for them to pay for shipping both ways, so they made a one time favor and did this. It pays to be nice I guess! I'm so impressed with them. I got the replacement in 5 days.. from Ireland to the USA.

Deleted Member 1442

Hey guys, try using the mouthpiece upside down, and pressed in so that it is airtight, but so that there is some of it sicking out. The vapor is cooler, there is less draw resistance, and I find I can get bigger clouds this way. There's also way less chance of the mouthpiece falling off, and this makes it similar to the pax 2 flat mouthpiece as well. Try it out and let me know what you think. Also, just want to say I've been using this thing for 2 months and it is absolutely amazing.

icloud

Loved this suggestion vineetval. I tried it and its great. I then added the 2nd supplied mouthpiece the correct way up and joined with a silicone adapter creating a much chunkier mouthpiece. I wonder if some kind of vortex is created under the upside down mouthpiece blending and cooling the vapour. It certainly works very well and has largely solved the smooth hits when on the hop without a watertool issue. Thanks for contributing this :tup:

Justpassedu

Just an update for anyone interested. I took the alpha apart today by removing the 2 tiny screws - one on the side and one in the base of the bowl beneath the mouthpiece. This allows the top part with control wheel to be taken off and the body cover to be slid off over the internals. It was a bit gungy on the insides especially round the oven area where crumbs from loading and unloading have got into the circuit board areas and some of the internal nylon frame. This is after about 2 bowls per week since February this year. I gave it a good clean out, reset the wheel (so its tighter again) and replaced everything. If you do this, ensure the correct screw driver bit is used and also watch for wires getting trapped when sliding the case back on. I don't think a home battery replacement would be too difficult if a replacement could be found or sent from goboof.

And like others, I'd wrapped dental floss around the wheel to tighten it but having seen how the wheel connects to the small selector dial, I removed it and would not recommend this. I simply now have a thick heavy duty black rubber band that goes around the top of the unit to avoid accidental switching on. Have to say I'm in love with it still and the honeymoon phase isn't over after nearly 5 months!
Did you by any chance take any pics of when you had it open , i would love to see what it looks like inside there? Been thinking about experimenting with a higher mah cell in the future ?

Justpassedu,

josemembreno

Hi All, besides the mflb water whip is there a better option to connect the alfa to a bubbler? I am looking to get the D020-D from dhgate. See links below.

http://vapemood.com/shop/magic-flight-water-piece-whip/

and

http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/d020-d-bubbler-glass-water-percolator-smoking/187214099.html

The joint size to connect to the bubbler is 18.8mm and mflb water whip and the alfa is 14mm. So I think all I need is a 14mm female to 18.8mm male glass adapter for this bubbler, right?

Thanks!!

josemembreno,

icloud

I never took any photos during removing the sleeve. The only reason I was confident to was because when I first received the Alfa early this year, there was a screw rattling round on the inside and it had got stuck in the wheel mechanism requiring either getting it out or sending it back. It was very easy to do this but the right shaped bits are essential for the screws. Now I've done it again and seen how much sticky crap gets inside even with just 2 to 3 oven loads per week, I'll probably do this every few months for piece of mind. Will try and remember a phitobnext time. Incidentally, the condensed vape oil that collects in the air pathway and bowl under the mouthpiece is some amazing high grade stuff. I saved up a little ball and smeared this on the pin and oven wall, hit it on high and bam - fat juicy extract hit that lasted 5 hours! Loving all the creative mods being shared on here.

josemembreno

Yes it was from vapeworld, but I had a one time use discount code that I won from a contest. I was able to get the alfa, and a ton of accessories such as a whip/bong attachment/space case all for free with it. So for $150 I got about $200 bucks worth of extra free stuff and the alfa. A deal I just couldn't pass up.

Edit: I also got the MFLB water pipe whip so that I can connect my alfa to my d020-d.

Hi @vineetvel how well does the mflb water whip and the d020-d work together? Did you need to buy a 14mm female to 18.8mm male glass adapter or did sunshinestore give you one?

Can you create a video of this setup or pictures?

And advice on how to make it better?

Thanks!

Deleted Member 1442

Hi @vineetvel how well does the mflb water whip and the d020-d work together? Did you need to buy a 14mm female to 18.8mm male glass adapter or did sunshinestore give you one?

Can you create a video of this setup or pictures?

And advice on how to make it better?

Thanks!

Yup, so I initially started using my alfa with the MFLB whip and the d020-d, and it worked beautifully, but I ended up selling my d020-d and getting a hydrotube instead (more portable) since I vape on the go mostly. My d020-d did not come with a 14mm to 18mm adapter, so I just bought the one made by Magic Flight on VapeWorld.

So here are a few tips for this setup. Press the glass piece further into the whip so that there is only a little bit sticking out, and then put your mouthpiece on. This takes a little bit of time to do, but it isn't too hard. When I first got the whip, I didn't push the glass into the whip, rather just used it like it was, and it gunked up way quicker. When there is only a little bit of the glass sticking out, less oil gets stuck in the mouthpiece, and more goes through the whip. I also use my spare mouthpiece solely for this setup, because I feel like if I remove the mouthpiece from the whip every time I use it, it will deteriorate/break faster. You can also leave the 14mm to 18mm adapter on permanently since they are ground glass, push it on, and then twist slightly, they won't come apart.

Just some other tips/accessories. Since I like to vape on the go mostly, I decided to purchase a case and some test tubes. I purchased the vatra dragon case from ebay, and 12x75mm glass test tubes from amazon, and they work perfectly and are super small. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RKMWVD0

I linked some pictures, and let me know if you want me to make a video, or if you have any more questions.

Link to the adapter I have: http://www.vapeworld.com/magic-flight-launch-box-19mm-glass-filter

Pictures of whip setup: http://imgur.com/a/VUZoX
Picture of case: http://imgur.com/bi9cSI2

Last edited:

josemembreno

Great stuff @vineetvel and thanks for the images. I actually own the pinnacle pro hydrotube. Is there a big difference in quality between a hydro tube and the d020-d? I don't mind spending the money for a real bubbler if the quality is much better.

Deleted Member 1442

Great stuff @vineetvel and thanks for the images. I actually own the pinnacle pro hydrotube. Is there a big difference in quality between a hydro tube and the d020-d? I don't mind spending the money for a real bubbler if the quality is much better.

Yeah the d020-d is definitely better than the hydrotube. I find that the hydrotube doesn't do much, but the d020-d has a noticeable difference. I think it's worth the money.

josemembreno

Does Goboof still reply to emails sent to info@goboof.com? I sent them an email 8 days ago and noone replied yet.
Yes, he was responsive to me with that email but you might want to resend the email and ask if he got your previous email.

Yeah the d020-d is definitely better than the hydrotube. I find that the hydrotube doesn't do much, but the d020-d has a noticeable difference. I think it's worth the money.
Thanks ordered both items yesterday and they shipped today. I can't wait.

Last edited by a moderator:

dedicatedusage

Hey guys, just an update on my adventures with the goboof. The thing can pretty much be brought anywhere, and i never get too nervous about the smell being noticable unless i was just using it and it's still warm, or if im in a car with closed windows. The portability of this thing is good and bad. Its good for functionality, so good that its too good. It makes vaping pretty much anywhere possible. Ive walked down my road with cops driving by as i was hitting it. Ive used it at work on "cigarette" breaks. When i walk my dog, take out the trash, go biking, hiking, you name it. Unfortunately, because im so spoiled with this thing i now vape all the time, and thua have a mighty tolerance and need a mighty vaporizer to get past it. Literally. Like this thing is good, but if your tolerance gets too high it simply doesnt put you on your ass anymore. Its good for an on the go, but i need more power, more effeciency, and faster delivery. So im saving for a mighty/crafty, because moderation can not exist with this device in my possesion. Its still a great buy, and i would reccomend it to anyone. Vapor strength is a notch below the solo (IMO) becaude its not made to be ripped for huge clouds. Great functionality, great price, and able to survive several falls. Good luck Alfians.

dedicatedusage,
Reactions: squishy

Deleted Member 1442

Hey guys, just an update on my adventures with the goboof. The thing can pretty much be brought anywhere, and i never get too nervous about the smell being noticable unless i was just using it and it's still warm, or if im in a car with closed windows. The portability of this thing is good and bad. Its good for functionality, so good that its too good. It makes vaping pretty much anywhere possible. Ive walked down my road with cops driving by as i was hitting it. Ive used it at work on "cigarette" breaks. When i walk my dog, take out the trash, go biking, hiking, you name it. Unfortunately, because im so spoiled with this thing i now vape all the time, and thua have a mighty tolerance and need a mighty vaporizer to get past it. Literally. Like this thing is good, but if your tolerance gets too high it simply doesnt put you on your ass anymore. Its good for an on the go, but i need more power, more effeciency, and faster delivery. So im saving for a mighty/crafty, because moderation can not exist with this device in my possesion. Its still a great buy, and i would reccomend it to anyone. Vapor strength is a notch below the solo (IMO) becaude its not made to be ripped for huge clouds. Great functionality, great price, and able to survive several falls. Good luck Alfians.
Take a t-break, getting a crafty/mighty will just increase your tolerance even more, making the alfa unusable. But yeah its great, extremely portable, and great for use anywhere. I try my best to keep my tolerance the same (I vape 2-3 times a week), and I find that I still get very high from 0.1g of bud, and that number has stayed the same for the past year.

Deleted Member 1442,

Justpassedu

Check out the grasshopper coming out. I think it should put you were you need to be. Super stealthy and bong sized rips with a 5 sec heat up time. Alfa is nice also I agree but for that super stealth and quick strong medication the grasshopper is def my next vape.

Top Bottom