Alfa Vaporizer by goboof

SiDankies

I only had that happen once when I put it in my back pocket, and I think it happened because I had to squeeze it in there and the friction turned the wheel.

Normally a wheel switch should be pretty movement proof, and I haven't had it happen since I've been careful about holding the wheel when inserting in my pocket. I've been carrying it in my front pocket with my keys and so far so good, just be careful when you first put it in your pocket :2c:

Awesome videos man thank you so much!! What is your packing method?

SiDankies,

JoeKickass

Awesome videos man thank you so much!! What is your packing method?
At first I was really packing it in there like I did with the Pax, but it ends up tasting popcorn-y quickly and uses a lot of heb.

I like to just barely press it now, conserves flower and you can just tap out the abv!

JoeKickass,

SiDankies

At first I was really packing it in there like I did with the Pax, but it ends up tasting popcorn-y quickly and uses a lot of heb.

I like to just barely press it now, conserves flower and you can just tap out the abv!
And you always get great clouds like those?

SiDankies,

josemembreno

Hey Joe, have you experimented with different grind? Fine, course or small pieces? Also it looks like from your video that you are getting between 12-15 draws from one packing right?

josemembreno,

JoeKickass

Yeah so far this vape has been great, very dependable :tup:

I use a mini 1.5" sharpstone that grinds pretty fine and fill the bowl 2/3, then I gently press it to 1/2 full, then fill until level with the top of the metal post.

The more you press the thicker the vapor, but the taste is best with a looser pack IMO.

I open the bowl 3x in this video (beginning, mid-sesh, and before I end it) it kind of shows how fine the grind is and how the bowl is filled pretty loosely:

SiDankies

Yeah so far this vape has been great, very dependable :tup:

I use a mini 1.5" sharpstone that grinds pretty fine and fill the bowl 2/3, then I gently press it to 1/2 full, then fill until level with the top of the metal post.

The more you press the thicker the vapor, but the taste is best with a looser pack IMO.

I open the bowl 3x in this video (beginning, mid-sesh, and before I end it) it kind of shows how fine the grind is and how the bowl is filled pretty loosely:
Do you use a screen in your chamber ?

SiDankies,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Here is a new review. Strange because the video shows it not being very positive but the video description is positive. I tend to agree that the clouds are much better on high but low and medium still get me to the promised land. Goboof Alfa Portable Vaporizer Review: http://youtu.be/l39A9OXp-yI

Clouds are primarily a function of heat so that is to be expected. From the videos, it seems that @JoeKickass has learned how to use the Alfa and (not unexpectedly) the Vaporizor.com guy hasn't yet. In devices like this, you'll always get better cloudage by waiting a bit for the vapour to build up. Also, I don't think the Vaporizor dude knows how to light his vapour for best effect.

SiDankies

Clouds are primarily a function of heat so that is to be expected. From the videos, it seems that @JoeKickass has learned how to use the Alfa and (not unexpectedly) the Vaporizor.com guy hasn't yet. In devices like this, you'll always get better cloudage by waiting a bit for the vapour to build up. Also, I don't think the Vaporizor dude knows how to light his vapour for best effect.

And he didn't really pack the chamber well at all. One little scoop will give you wispy clouds on any temp. I remember even when I first got my PNP I wouldn't pack my bullet full and once I did clouds for dayyssssss

JoeKickass

Do you use a screen in your chamber ?
Yeah, thanks to all who recommended it! I took the screen out of the top, poked a hole, and put it in the bottom chamber on day one and I haven't gotten any bits or pieces :tup:

In devices like this, you'll always get better cloudage by waiting a bit for the vapour to build up.
I do find that's the case. This is an odd vape in that it acts like a conduction vape (wait time/slower hit = more vapor), but produces even abv and tastes pretty much like convection vape :o

JoeKickass,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

mephisto

So I was at the lumber yard picking up some construction materials and I smelled herb. Then I realized my Alfa tends to turn itself on when in pocket. Sure enough, I was making vapor on Low. No choice but to cool off the chamber right there in the aisle. This is my 3rd occasion of pocket vaping. Love this machine, working on a simple "overcap" to slip onto the temp knob when not being used.

mephisto,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

SiDankies

So I was at the lumber yard picking up some construction materials and I smelled herb. Then I realized my Alfa tends to turn itself on when in pocket. Sure enough, I was making vapor on Low. No choice but to cool off the chamber right there in the aisle. This is my 3rd occasion of pocket vaping. Love this machine, working on a simple "overcap" to slip onto the temp knob when not being used.

Yea idk why they decided to make the dial so loose. Im going to pull the trigger rn and order one because i think this thing is top notch for a conduction and for the price, but hopefully they tighten the dials on the an updated model.

SiDankies,

mephisto

Dammit man! that's brilliant. I was over thinking the whole concept. I am sure @Ratchett could fab something real cool. I have not caught up to the man, yet, and we live in the same bloody state....

edit: Now I know what to do with those fat rubber bands that hold my broccoli. I wrap one around the top for better knob control. Another wrapped lengthwise helps keep it in the pocket....cue B&B laugh track....

Last edited:

SiDankies

Dammit man! that's brilliant. I was over thinking the whole concept. I am sure @Ratchett could fab something real cool. I have not caught up to the man, yet, and we live in the same bloody state....

edit: Now I know what to do with those fat rubber bands that hold my broccoli. I wrap one around the top for better knob control. Another wrapped lengthwise helps keep it in the pocket....cue B&B laugh track....
Not a bad idea nice black rubberband. Can also use it to hold cards and money if you do that which is cool.

SiDankies,

SiDankies

Ordered mine on gotvape and they said they were back ordered I'm tighttttt I wanted mine before the weekend.

SiDankies,

JoeKickass

Ordered mine on gotvape and they said they were back ordered I'm tighttttt I wanted mine before the weekend.
Try emailing or calling:

I got the same thing, sent an email saying I wanted to cancel, and they said I had to call them... but when I called they said "oh yeah we have them in stock, it'll ship out today, I don't know why the system is sending out those emails"

GotVape... :doh:

JoeKickass,
Reactions: 2 Paces

Wolf46

Vapor War Team Cap
i love this vaporizer for what i read and watch, but i have a few question for you guys:

-how many hits do you have with a full load of good quality weed? i know that the alfa as 3 setting and 2 automatic mode, so get me an average number.

-the cloud that the alfa produce, are better than the indica v2 at medium and high setting?

-can you explain to me what is the best screen mode for the alfa? (on the bottom of the chamber with a hole in the centre, or other way), i read that joelkickass take off the screen from the top, i understand correctly?

sorry for my poor english and thanks in advance.

Wolf46,

SiDankies

i love this vaporizer for what i read and watch, but i have a few question for you guys:

-how many hits do you have with a full load of good quality weed? i know that the alfa as 3 setting and 2 automatic mode, so get me an average number.

-the cloud that the alfa produce, are better than the indica v2 at medium and high setting?

-can you explain to me what is the best screen mode for the alfa? (on the bottom of the chamber with a hole in the centre, or other way), i read that joelkickass take off the screen from the top, i understand correctly?

sorry for my poor english and thanks in advance.

I hope it gives more clouds than the indica because I chose Alfa over it lol. Can't answer about how many hits because I don't have mine. I can though tell you from what I have read the best way to use the screen is in the chamber with a hole in the middle

SiDankies,
Top Bottom