• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Alcohol Tincture and Plastic Lids?

FR0ST

I'm looking to make a tincture using a grain alcohol that is 95% ABV (Very similar to Everclear).

I was planning to store it in an amber glass tincture, with a glass pipette such as the following *link*.

However, I've just noticed that all of these tinctures have plastic lids, regardless of whether the pipette is made from glass or not.

So what's the deal? Is it safe to store 95% ABV alcohol in these bottles with plastic tops? I don't want the alcohol to be leeching any toxins out of the plastic and into my tincture.

Any alternatives? I guess I could store it in a small vodka bottle or something instead - but they I'd have no way to titrate the dosage :huh:.

FR0ST,

Monsoon

I'm looking to make a tincture using a grain alcohol that is 95% ABV (Very similar to Everclear).

I was planning to store it in an amber glass tincture, with a glass pipette such as the following *link*.

However, I've just noticed that all of these tinctures have plastic lids, regardless of whether the pipette is made from glass or not.

So what's the deal? Is it safe to store 95% ABV alcohol in these bottles with plastic tops? I don't want the alcohol to be leeching any toxins out of the plastic and into my tincture.

Any alternatives? I guess I could store it in a small vodka bottle or something instead - but they I'd have no way to titrate the dosage :huh:.
Those bottles are used for alcohol tinctures so you should be fine. Lots of plastics are compatible with alcohol.

Monsoon,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

FR0ST

It's just that I've yet to find a bottle that actually states the type of plastic used in the lid. And I don't want to make an assumption that these cheap £0.99 bottles are made from safe plastic, when they're just as likely not.

Do you know anywhere where I might buy from a more reliable source? Preferably one that states the composition of the plastic lid?

FR0ST,

Monsoon

It's just that I've yet to find a bottle that actually states the type of plastic used in the lid. And I don't want to make an assumption that these cheap £0.99 bottles are made from safe plastic, when they're just as likely not.

Do you know anywhere where I might buy from a more reliable source? Preferably one that states the composition of the plastic lid?
I found these guys, you can find others by searching for "empty tincture bottles".

Monsoon,

FR0ST

Perfect, thank you so much @Monsoon!

I just didn't fancy taking any chances on these cheap ebay versions, most likely made with the cheapest possible plastics :/!

FR0ST,
Reactions: Monsoon
Top Bottom