1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

AirVape Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by blackbur, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

Most of the patients I work with are senior citizens... and most with dexterity issues....
    So I understand your frustration.
    What you likely needed was someone familiar with the unit to guide you through initial usage
    first time.
    Patience is worth it, the unit is a great vape.

HellsWindStaff likes this.
  2. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

It is obvious you are enjoying the AirVape.

I just was curious about Vape Critic making the claim that this is the best sub $200 vaporizer.

Any thoughts?

3. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

I gave mine up to a patient in need, because that was the intended purpose it was donated for.
    I sorely miss the unit, and while I had it, I was always very anxious to use it again.
    I now wait for the opportunity to own one, and to make it into my regular portable.
    If we had the funds for the unit, I would be using it right now!
    I might tend to agree with him.

sickmanfraud likes this.
  4. sickmanfraud

WOW! That is some endorsement from an unpaid reviewer of your stature. In reality you suddenly made me want "the best vape under $200"

Before, it just seemed to be a gimmick, now I want one.

Vitolo likes this.
  5. HellsWindStaff

HellsWindStaff Dharma Initiate

My buddy called me this weekend, haven't seen him in awhile. Wanted to hang out and let me know he got a new vape. Told me it was the AirVape XS

I was kind of skeptical when I heard him mention it to me. Hadn't ever heard of this vape, and I gave him recommendations in the past (which he disregarded and got China crap) so I was not really expecting much.

It's actually pretty nice. Only thing I didn't like was seemed like the mouthpiece pulled out a bit or just the lip part, hard to tell. It seemed to stick to my lip.

Heats up fast. I was able to rip it hard and got good vapor, heater seemed to keep up. He likes vaping at some stupid high temp but we set it down lower and the taste was pretty stellar.

I would recommend it as a budget or a discrete style vaporizer. I really liked the form factor of it and it seemed like it would be good for on the go. I am not sure how great the battery is in it though.

6. Okla68

Okla68 New Member

I get about 5-5 minute sessions out of a charge, maybe 6 if Lucky. I think it's a lil Beast !

Vitolo, VaporBull and sickmanfraud like this.
  7. Rasputin

Rasputin New Member

Got an email today direct from Airvape. 50% off XS until Nov.5. Red/Rose colour only. Coupon Code HalloAir.

VaporBull, Vitolo and Mr. Me2 like this.
  8. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

Love it.
    While that is an "at Wholesale* (or almost) cost.....
    I am delighted to say I picked one up from Craiglist for $30
    It was untidy, but cleaned up real pretty... and I am using it now.
    While it was a bit dirty (easy to clean and reassemble that mouthpiece) The original screen cover plastic was still on it!
    I wound up with Gold again.... but would have loved to have the red/rose color!

AtomicPB likes this.
  9. AtomicPB

AtomicPB Well-Known Member

It was mentioned here by some members, that the Airvape XS is considered to be the best Vape for under 200$.

I would be interested, if that claim stays true after testing the Fury/Fury2. Maybe someone has both Vapes and is able to advice on this.

Reason is that my Girlfriend loves my Fury 2 and wanted to buy one for herself but I am always interested in testing new Vapes, so I suggested that she can have the Fury 2 and we get something in a similar price range instead of having two Fury 2s.

I already satisfied my VAS with several things and there are only the more expensive Vapes left that I am really interested in, but rumors have it that those are going to have a new iteration coming out soon (Crafty, Mighty).

Actually I am curious if the Airvape XS brings something new to the table in my current lineup (all my Vapes are listed in my signature). Any advice is highly appreciated.

Thank you. :)

sickmanfraud and Mr. Me2 like this.
  10. mephisto

mephisto Well-Known Member

Save your cash, you are well covered by your current lineup. The Airvape XS is good for what it is, but its not better than what you have in your arsenal of vapes.

sickmanfraud and AtomicPB like this.
  11. AtomicPB

@mephisto

Thanks for the fast reply and good advice. Then I will try to wait out the companies until their new products arrive and save some cash until then. :)

12. sickmanfraud

If you can control your VAS Black Friday is 3 weeks away and there are always vapes on sale for Black Friday!

AtomicPB likes this.
  13. AtomicPB

@sickmanfraud

I completely forgot about Black Friday. VAS is under control for now but I don't know what happens when there are good deals for Vapes. :D

Thanks for the reminder.

14. Saltysusej69

Saltysusej69 New Member

15. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

The airvape X is a good vape.
    The new unit shipping in December is the same unit ...except They will be releasing it in a new color, and with a ceramic mouthpiece and connector.
    I have had a sneak preview of the unit, but I still love the transparent glass mouthpiece, as it is simpler to see through and clean.....
    ... BUT I will admit the ceramic airflow box is easier to connect than the rubber stopper set-up the current Airvape X uses.

16. Saltysusej69

Saltysusej69 New Member

It also looks like the oven size has increased by 25%. In your opinion would it be worth upgrading from the original xs?

17. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

Considering the price point being the same, I would say yes.
    If you already have the airvape X I would not bother, but for a new buyer, I would say yes.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors