1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

AirVape Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by blackbur, Aug 15, 2015.

1. mccringleberry

mccringleberry Well-Known Member

Haha there are few portables I say that about. This is exactly how I feel about my Linx Gaia which gets no love on this forum lol. I'd love to get a XS if I was in the market for another pocketable vape. Kind of reminds me of the Motorola RAZR.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  2. archangelz001

archangelz001 FIRE!!

Oops, the 1/2 price sale applies to the original Airvape, not the XS model.

Is that $110 for the original? Or the XS? If the XS, which site?

cloudsosmoke likes this.
  3. peterloveslubey

peterloveslubey Well-Known Member

The XS and the manufacturers website! I signed up for the newsletter, got the 10% off code. Then 3-4 days ago I signed up again and they sent me an email to confirm along with the link for the $99 XS model promotion 'until supplies last'. I stacked the 10% off code and got the XS + the case for $110 shipped.

Honestly sticker price of $200 is a bit much for me to just impulse spend on a relatively unknown vape but happy I found it on a deal because it exceeded my expectations by a long shot. Perfect inexpensive solo vape to pair with a nice desktop. Super quick heat up time, feels great in the hand.

Rasputin and cloudsosmoke like this.
  4. Rasputin

Rasputin New Member

My first post. TY! I've been curious about the AV XS but couldn't justify the price. Did what you said today and got the same deal. If you take their survey you get 20% off. I'm a trifle worried about the "while supply lasts" disclaimer, but we'll see. TY again!!

sickmanfraud and cloudsosmoke like this.
  5. cloudsosmoke

cloudsosmoke Well-Known Member

this is good
    - i thought id got last one

@Rasputin
    welcome to FC

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
    sickmanfraud likes this.
  6. Mr. Me2

Mr. Me2 Well-Known Member

And I want to hear more reviews about this one! So get them, enjoy them, and report back!!!

Okay...pretty please?

7. Rasputin

Rasputin New Member

Happy to share my thoughts after received and tested.

Mr. Me2 likes this.
  8. hi_there

hi_there Well-Known Member

Got delivery today, paid $89.10, build quality seems nice. Case is kinda crappy leather but not complaining since it was free. Sort of rubbery smell but I am sure it will go away. I really dig the mirror lcd looks cool. the form factor is nice and it seems to heat up quickly. Ran about 5 3 minute burn-offs at 410 degrees, so I am guessing you will get some decent life from the battery. I will update this when I give it a run.

Update, this thing hits like a champ - really like it. My new vape on-the-go.

Strange, mine does not vibrate. Do you have to activate that feature?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    Mr. Me2 and Hubs88 like this.
  9. Hey Nineteen

Hey Nineteen Well-Known Member

Does anyone have the Airvape XS? I was thinking of getting one since it's cheaper than the IQ and the IQ seems to have a lot of problems. I want something really small and the Airvape XS looks the right size.

10. cloudsosmoke

had mine a week - got it for $99 direct from airvape

it certainly fits neatly into my palm
    but it isnt tiny - i wouldnt be able to hide it in my hand

its 4"/10cm tall (add 0.75"/2cm for mouth piece) ..so its quite tall(..ish)

but it is only 1.75"/5cm width and 0.5"/1.5cm depth ..so it is also very easy to grip

other random first thoughts..

i find the draw restricted a little bit ..but then maybe im spoiled by having the mighty
    (it is easier than pax ive read)

the rate of airflow means ive been using it with water
    - the bubbles help me set the pace for those long slow draws
    connected it to water with 3/8" ID silicone tubing

at max temp 428f/220c with fine grind well-packed
    im getting some milky bongs with very good taste
    - not noticing any burnt popcorn (ceramic heater?)
    nice hit

heat up - 30sec to 410f /210c

mouthpiece is weird - it works like a rubber plug in a sink - you just push it in
    i think it can fall off very easily - so you might have to get the hard case (..not the one it comes with) or youd probly lose it

elliptical bowl - like an O slightly squashed from both sides - can squeeze-in 0.25g with well-packed fine grind
    its got nice little test tube brush - so i clean the bowl with that (..iso qtip made funny smell)
    there are cleaning instructions but i just drop the whole mouth piece in iso for 3min and rinse and dry

3/4 full bowls per charge

its funny - inside the mouthpiece is like a teeny-weeny crafty c/u
    but made of metal .. if you cant beat them - join them LOL

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    Prolusio and Hey Nineteen like this.
  11. Hey Nineteen

Thank you. I definitely think I will be getting one. Good to know you can use it through water. I have noticed some good vapes on here do not get the attention they should get. The price on this seems right and I can deal with that size.

cloudsosmoke likes this.
  12. cloudsosmoke

i think you might have to join mailing list to get discount from $179 to $99
    ..back a little bit there are posts on it

there are some other promos on their site

they say you can upgrade in the future anytime for half price
    and they have 30% trade-in for old vapes

(lol - i defer to US 'commercial savvy' to decide if those deals are actually any good)

tho if you have S&B plenty
    i guess (..after a while) you may just
    end up with the mighty/crafty

Hey Nineteen likes this.
  13. Hey Nineteen

Yeah I am not getting the Crafty or Mighty. I want to switch it up to try and get a different companies vapor experience. I think it's good to switch it up even though I do have two vapes by Vapir. You helped me chose between this and the Boundless CF. Thanks.

cloudsosmoke likes this.
  14. Hubs88

Hubs88 Feeling The Buzz

This feature should work out of the box, there is no way to turn it off. By holding down the power button and the up (or down, forget which) button the session timer can be changed from 3 to 5 minutes. Hold down the other button to change between C° and F°.

From reading other posts I think this vape is being used at too high a temp. I start at 370 F° and get excellent flavor. I gradually bump it up to 400 F° to get a nice dark abv without the burnt taste. But it's your vape & bud so use it as you like.

cloudsosmoke likes this.
  15. JeeSee

JeeSee Cultured Curmudgeon

I signed on for their mailing list but no coupon for $99! :( Anyone know if they ship worldwide?

16. Rasputin

Rasputin New Member

You want to take the survey on the site to get the $99 deal.

17. JeeSee

Did that too. It's just for 15% off though?

EDIT: Got to the right link but stocks have run out. :/ FML

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  18. Rasputin

Rasputin New Member

I had to take the survey twice, and the second time I asked, politely though, 'Where's my $99 deal.' It worked. I got another email May 8th saying I could buy another one for $99. I'm new so I hope the pic works. [​IMG]

19. JeeSee

Asked whom and how?

20. Rasputin

Rasputin New Member

I added my question in a comment section. Here is the email all my discounts/special offers come from: mary@airvapeusa.com

21. Rasputin

Rasputin New Member

JeeSee likes this.
  22. JeeSee

Ah! Never got anything of the sort. The closest email I got was
    'Hi ,

For the Biggest discounts for AirVape EVER, please confirm your subscription.
    What kind discounts are we talking about? Like a $99 Xs, until stock lasts, or our new upcoming Facebook give-away details, or special discount for our subscribers for our April 20th special edition 24K Xs.

Please confirm below. Lets make this a great rest of the day/week :)'

When I did confirm, the link took me to a grey AirVape XS page which it said was out of stock. I registered my email for when it comes back in stock. So confusing! Maybe I'll just write to Ms. Mary Lovato on her email.

23. Rasputin

Rasputin New Member

Good luck!

JeeSee likes this.
  24. JeeSee

Just got a reply:

'Thank you for reaching out!

We greatly apologize that the AirVape Xs Gun Powder Gray has been discontinued.

You may enjoy 15% OFF the AirVape Xs in another color when applying this discount code at checkout: 15YEAH

Please let us know if you have any issues at checkout along with any other questions or concerns.

Thank you again and have a great rest of your day!

Warmest Regards.'

I guess I'm not getting it for $99 then. :'(
    And I'm not going to pay more than that, I'd rather look at another portable!

25. Rasputin

Rasputin New Member

15% off of $179, puts this vape in the $152 category. I plan on posting a quick review eventually , but it's not worth $152.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors