• 36 ---- 48

• 49 ---- 60

• 61 ---- 70

• 71 ---- 80

• 80 +

Results are only viewable after voting.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Ok - I just thought of how when I was a kid the new TV shows in the fall was such a big deal. The TV Guide would come out and feature the new shows. It would talk about the new shows, the plot and the characters.
Here are two that came to mind. There are many more from the 70s and 60s. Before cable, when we only had the three main channels CBS, ABC and NBC. “The good ole days”. My idol was David Cassidy when I was 12.

It was just the trusty antennas that sat up on our roof.

a80368cfbe6593e4048b6059a02aa41a58522036.19690712_c1_620.jpg

396afe85164b68e4484425a84156e27135b9fd77.19701017_c1_620.jpg

Last edited:

Whisper

Michael Jackson, David Cassidy, Bobby Sherman, were my on my walls. When I got a little older, Elton John was on the walls. As I got into young adulthood, I loved Donna Summer, she wasn't on the my wall, but, in the disco. Hey! I am from South Florida, and the dance scene was alive.

CarolKing

I watched Shindig with my older brothers, they were teenagers and I was about 8 yrs old, that’s where I remember seeing Bobby Sherman. That’s was mid 60s. It was on for a few years I believe.

I had his album. Shindig was an off shoot of America Bandstand.

Singer/actor/heartthrob Bobby Sherman turns 71 today, July 22, 2014.

Sherman was all over TV in the 1960s and ’70s. He was a regular on Shindig!and appeared on American Bandstandand in episodes of The Monkees andThe Partridge Family. He starred in Here Come the Brides and Getting Together.

Bobby Sherman played Jeremy Bolt in Here Comes The Brides around 1968 / 1970.

Last edited:

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
while we did see 'brick/ditch weed', and had our share of stems and seeds to deal with...
I had some extremely FINE weed in the early to mid-1970's.

Columbian Gold (was like smoking honey, purged and cured so it was so smooth and tasty)
Panama Red
Acapulco Gold
Thai Stick (monk thai... oh my!)

and less often some really good old school hash (nepalese temple balls, lebanese and afghani golds/blacks)

The music... aside from that disco era stuff, some truly exceptional compositions, performances and recordings.

little maggie

Well I may be the old; but my MJ experience only dates back 4 years now. I'm currently paying $100 per quarter of illegal variety; but looking into an alternate source for $75 per quarter.

I remember going to the movies on Saturday morning with 25 cents. It cost 10 cents to get in and a nickel each for a coke, popcorn, and large candy bar.
It's $100 an ounce here for inexpensive flower. It's hard to believe. An ounce used to be the standard small amount.

CarolKing

Mexican brick weed in the late 70s went for $50 an oz in the Pacific Northwest. It used to be full of seeds and stems. I remember a song “no stems or seeds that you don’t need” Acapulco Gold. I think that was Cheech and Chong.

The worst "kilo" I ever bought had been weighed heavy with sugar water or coca cola. Stcky mess. It was hard to clean out the seeds and stems. You had to light every hit of the joint because it kept going out. I quite that dealer and hooked up another to get Acapulco Gold, Panama Red, Michoacan for $2-250 a kilo, but it was very high quality in the late 60's. Had to raise my lid prices to $15-20.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Everybody gets it wrong: past tense of "drag" is "dragged" not "drug". An English teacher made fun of me, and I never forgot. I'm not a Grammar Nazi, but I always notice the error. You'd be surprised how often people use it incorrectly. If you "drug her off", it could go two ways.

Last edited:

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
It's $100 an ounce here for inexpensive flower. It's hard to believe. An ounce used to be the standard small amount.

The good news is that I'm getting good mileage from my weed. It grinds up light and fluffy. The small load from a rounded spoon (dash sized) weighs in at about 55 milligram. So I get about 125 loads from a quarter ounce. I get 4 hours of happy time for 80 cents. Much cheaper and lower calories than wine. I do get the munchies though.

Still does in many parts :|

Show me a town where the women still wear white gloves and......... I'm moving there. LOL

Ah, the days when men were men and women actually weighed less than the men and had smaller beer bellies.

I find the people of the 21st century to be rather disgusting in appearance compared to last. Remember the floor wax ads with the woman waxing the floor in her long dress and heels. LMAO Now, everyone looks like Pizza the Hut. I drive by the high schools and see girls with GIANT boobs and boys with FULL beards. Most of the girls are close to 200 pounds already. Maybe that's just here in the Midwest. I can only imagine the pain these kids are going to suffer when they reach my age. If they ever do.

Last edited:
Top Bottom