• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Age of the FC Community plus a lot of nostalgia

What age range do you fall in.....

• 15 ---- 18

• 19 ---- 25

• 26 ---- 35

• 36 ---- 48

• 49 ---- 60

• 61 ---- 70

• 71 ---- 80

• 80 +

Results are only viewable after voting.

Amoreena

Grown up Flower Child
I'm not quite sure if I should take that as a compliment or not. :shrug:
My opinion: split it. Take the part about them clearly having been concocted by a young person as a compliment and the part about them being poorly done not so much. FWIW, I think the increments you chose are fine. :2c:
@lwien makes me feel like a youngster by comparison ...
You are and so am I, by comparison. I turned 65 last month, too. :peace:

Last edited:
My opinion: split it. Take the part about them clearly having been concocted by a young person as a compliment and the part about them being poorly done not so much. FWIW, I think the increments you chose are fine. :2c:

I figure I'm one of the oldest here - 69. And because of that I can very easily say we're all Bozos on this bus.... :razz::rofl::myday:

lwien

@lwien makes me feel like a youngster by comparison

Definitely take it as a compliment, gramps :p :tup:

I figure I'm one of the oldest here - 69. And because of that I can very easily say we're all Bozos on this bus.... :razz::rofl::myday:

Here's a little diddy performed by some of my favorites just to put things in perspective......;)
(posted this up in another thread awhile ago but it just seems to fit really well here....)

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
Anyone remember when electrical cords for toasters and lamps looked like this?
jzy3he.jpg

stressed

I just had to resurrect this thread because it took me for a long journey down memory lane, lots of nostalgia. I enjoyed reading through it, and really appreciate it that there are some folks here that are around my age, as so many of the forums are populated mostly by ones a lot younger than myself. There is a real nice range of ages here.

The pictures of the cars brought back a lot of memories! Those were the days when you could tell the make and model of each car because they were distinctive, unlike the generic autos of today. I’ve also been pulling out some music that I haven’t heard in a long time, and have enjoyed it a lot.

BTW, I’m 62, will be 63 in December.
i retired on my 55th birthday! i turned 62 a few months ago. i took early social security money and am pissing it away on buds, hash, and related toys! :)

she lay spread eagle on the ground.
i chased the eagle away and...

nick danger, private eye!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I remember when we would have to wait for our own ring before we could answer the phone. Or when we were talking somebody else on another line would pick up the phone to use it. Remember the party line?Depending on how many people would be on your line would determine what your monthly phone bill would be. A private line was more expensive. This would have been the 1960s. It was about 1970 when everyone had a private line in our neighborhood - hurray for progress.

Last edited:

thisperson

Ruler of all things person
@CarolKing I still rofl at phone companies trying to sell 30 dollar a month phone service for your home.

It's still an internet phone and I paid 5 years of service for 100 dollars with a magic jack. I don't know if hardwired phone lines running through cities and homes are still around. Haven't used one of those since I was a child. I've had a cell phone since middle school. I'm assuming they are but wouldn't be surprised since last I'd heard cable companies were the ones selling phone service and I've seen their internet phone boxes.

And yes, progress is sweet.

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
I don't know if hardwired phone lines running through cities and homes are still around.

we call them "landlines", sonny ... and yes, i still have my landline and not about to give it up. All the calls i get using VOIP are poor quality, and not duplex. And no brain eating radiation from that beauty posted by @CarolKing.

thisperson

Too true. I will probably have a tumor. :(

Alas, I have weed! Save me weed! Kill those tumor cells!

Edit: I hear the phone quality degrade through cell phone use sometimes, I swear the people I call have shitty mics, because even when I use a nice headset with a great mic, they still sound like crap...sometimes, and it's only a few consistent few. It's my home phone that sounds great. But I don't remember what landlines sound like to compare the two. But those few people still sound like shit on my home phone. I just get polling to the home phone, which always sounds great. They must have those landlines you are talking about.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I remember when we would have to wait for our own ring before we could answer the phone. Or when we were talking somebody else on another line would pick up the phone to use it. Remember the party line?Depending on how many people would be on your line would determine what your monthly phone bill would be. A private line was more expensive. This would have been the 1960s. It was about 1970 when everyone had a private line in our neighborhood - hurray for progress.

We were on a party line with two other families. Our phone number was 486, and our ring was two short.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
we call them "landlines", sonny ... and yes, i still have my landline and not about to give it up. All the calls i get using VOIP are poor quality, and not duplex. And no brain eating radiation from that beauty posted by @CarolKing.

Landline works without electricity. For a home based based business environment a landline can be a life saver. The only complaint I get on conference calls is that I set the volume too loud.

grokit

well-worn member
I still rofl at phone companies trying to sell 30 dollar a month phone service for your home.

It's still an internet phone and I paid 5 years of service for 100 dollars with a magic jack. I don't know if hardwired phone lines running through cities and homes are still around.
I was just considering dropping my landline. It's dirt cheap though, and if I drop it my internet bill goes up by $10. I'm already paying an extra $10 for an "unlimited feature set" that I rarely use, so I may drop that part. I could pay $20 a month for unlimited long distance but I have a magic jack as well, and my cell phone bluetooths to my landline, so I have long distance covered two other ways. In the end, I decided to keep the landline because of 911 service, as the e-911 service was still working out the kinks up here. My magic jack will be up for renewal soon (and I hardly ever use it anymore), so I will check again on the voip/e-911 thing. The only problem is the computer connecting it must be booted up at all times for e-911 emergencies.

:hmm::shrug::ko:

Last edited:

thisperson

I was told once you registered the jack it was set for 911 address stuff. I have the jack that is an all in one unit. You just connect to your hardwired ethernet cord and then the phone cord and power cord and it's set. No need for a computer. Has been our daily driver for calls these past three+ years without any problems.

grokit

well-worn member
I was told once you registered the jack it was set for 911 address stuff. I have the jack that is an all in one unit. You just connect to your hardwired ethernet cord and then the phone cord and power cord and it's set. No need for a computer. Has been our daily driver for calls these past three+ years without any problems.
Cool, that must be the newer model. My state wasn't on board with e-911 yet when I re-upped my plan a few years ago. My model mj connects usb on one end and rj-11 out to the phone on the other. If e-911 is working up here now I may invest in the new model and renew my mj plan, good to know thanks!

Top Bottom