• 36 ---- 48

• 49 ---- 60

• 61 ---- 70

• 71 ---- 80

• 80 +

Results are only viewable after voting.

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
I guess this would have to be included in the classic 'pin-up' pics category! Though I don't believe this one was available in Athena, unlike the tennis one!

CK1963.jpg

Though I got the shock of my life searching Google for an image link, what ever you do don't
Google 'Naked girl in chair'...OMG!

And lets not forget the ladies...

article-1391658-0C4DA57C00000578-602_634x775.jpg

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
^^^In 'Jersey during the '70's I got up one morning in February at 4 in the morning with it being about 10 degrees out to wait in a 4 block long line, 2 hours to receive 2 gallons worth of gas...whoopee!!!:tup:

...while oil tankers heavily laden with oil sat in the Delaware Bay...FUCK the Dutch Oil Company (Shell) for starting that whole phony, bullshit shortage along with the other mother fucking companies that went along with the ruse...:bang::goon::goon::goon::goon:

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.

Mr. Me2

Right after I got my drivers license this happened. We had every other day gas allotment depending on your license plate - even or odd number or limited to 10 gallons. Gas started to go sky high in prices.
ap7306010161-043a4de622c4771515f2e3d9656073a15c9fee82-s40.jpg
I remember that too, and the price increases. But we haven't talked about the price of gas per gallon back then...

Mr. Me2,
Reactions: macbill

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The gas prices in my area during the early 70s was about .36 a gallon but the end of the 70s it shot up to .99 a gallon. My dad was pissed in the mid 70s the president switched the speed limit to no more than 55mph on freeways. They though the country could conserve energy that way.

My dad loved driving fast in his 1970 Grand Prix often faster than the speed limit. My dad would be behind a slow driver and he would pass going really fast sometimes recklessly with another car coming in the next lane. I would close my eyes.

He also smoked his cigarettes with the windows barely rolled down in the car. He was a very inconsiderate person to say it mildly. He possibly needed some kind of medicine like for bipolar.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
That's why I use my Solo as a desktop home vape pretty much exclusively. I don't have a discrete portable at the moment, but I still will use the Solo out and about in my car or whatever. If I had more portable needs, I would get the crafty/mighty (again), maybe in the summer or if there is a good sale. I tried the Air for out and about and it frustrated me to no end. Much rather have a crafty/mighty.

Thinking about shooting some .1g thick milk vids today! I'm starting to really favour tamping and packing coarse shreds with a nice 30sec+ presoak.
many may disagree as we all have our preferences!
I hate batteries and think they are old fashion.
The SOLO has batteries however you don't change them out between sessions.
I'll buy another SOLO when this one dies!

@Dr. Soxhlet in the early 70's we used 5.25 floppy disc and 640k ram and no hard drive!
The monitors produced a green and black image!
We have come so far in technology. (pong) was one of the 1st games!
For decades we rolled ZigZags and Bongs during the release of Bob Marley's Albums (vinyl).
I hated Bong's due to the large mouthpiece that I related to drinking fine wine in a styrofoam cup!
The strains have improved as well with all the cross breeding and gene splicing.
My OLD SOLO 113 seal PHVES GonG D series bubbler and GSC is as good as it gets!
With My Gizmo and Stand my SOLO will last a long time!

CANNABIS is the HOLY GRAIL and the SOLO helps us to enjoy the GRAIL!

Last edited:

OF

@Dr. Soxhlet in the early 70's we used 3.25 floppy disc and 640k ram and no hard drive!
The monitors produced a green and black image!

The first computers I used (aside from the big mainframes in college) were PDP8s. You'd boot up off punched tape (no floppies yet, nor hard drives for small computers?). Then you'd set the boot address with a row of paddle handle toggles (in binary of course), push the button and pray. I/O was by teletype.

We played a 'video game' called Star Trek on the teletype. The Universe was a grid 8 by 8 squares. Phasers did OK against the Klingons, but Photo Torpedoes were the call. We proved, experimentally, you couldn't wipe out your own Space Station (new fuels and weapons) with Phasers, but back off a few sectors and let loose a torpedo.......

The first Pong games came along a bit later, one in a local bar. We (4 of us) built one from TTL (Transistor Transistor Logic) ICs with an analog 'front end'. Took us months. About then we decided to go for on screen scoring (serious in hardware). We only got it partially working after 6 months or so of fiddling. Small processors (4004, 4040, 8008, 8080, 8086 and so on fixed a lot of those problems).

Fun times. IMO nothing like getting a new app today.

"When we were young we had to sleep 4 to a bed"
"You guys had a bed?"

OF

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
In the 1960s they still had some of these at restaurants.

Have you ever been to a cafe or restaurant with 1950s jukebox wallboxes in each booth? Wallboxes were an extension for a jukebox, making it more convenient to select music right from your table. You’d drop a coin in, choose a song from the flipbook behind the glass, chrome and plastics, and the machine would send pulses down a wire to the restaurant’s jukebox, where a stepper would decode the pulses and queue up the song you’d select.

Amoreena

Grown up Flower Child
In the 1960s they still had some of these at restaurants.

Have you ever been to a cafe or restaurant with 1950s jukebox wallboxes in each booth? ...
There's still one near us. We've been going to Johnnie's for almost forty years. They have wall boxes on each table identical to the one pictured. Excellent sandwiches/burgers and we always make sure to bring quarters. :tup: http://www.johnniespastrami.com/

Top Bottom