after drying then what?

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
i'm a little confused regarding the concept of drying and then the concept of storage of material.
let's say you dry out about a week's worth and then grind it, should you store that material in the open air for further drying or should you seal it up in an air tight container?

jeffp,

Beezleb

I would store it in a jar or the like but I wouldnt leave it exposed to the air once you have your desired dryness.

Beezleb,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Store it in a jar in bud form, don't grind a bunch ahead of time. Your bud does not need to be that dry

bluntfaced,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
from my experience different vaporizers like different degrees of dry - the PD works best if material is REALLY dry while whip based vapes function quite well with material that's either nominally dried or even not at all. regardless it's good advice to grind on demand.

jeffp,

lwien

Wow Jeff. I was looking for a small glass air tight container. Been using mason jars for storage, but for the amount I usually keep, even the small masons are too large. This looks to be about perfect. As long as they're kept in a cool, dark place, I don't think that a dark colored container is needed.

But if anyone knows of a dark colored container that is made from glass and is airtight and is this small, please let me know.

lwien,

lwien

Thanks Beez, but are those as airtight as the mVessel's ? They don't look like they are. They look like they just have a screw on cap.

lwien,

Beezleb

Yea, its not air tight. I use a cosmetic container for years and never had an issue. I looked at it again, its frosted enough that it should be more than good. Especially if stored in a dark spot but I was mainly thinking of when traveling.

Beezleb,

digglover

digglover,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Lo,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
i think this is cool - i agree about plastic though.
the way to do this right i think is to keep your herb sealed and airtight through the drying process, and then to return the unused herb into its airtight environment between uses.
my present procedure which i know needs refinement is to put a few buds in a shotglass, rest the shotglass on top of my PD and let it dry for a few hours.
then i grind it and what i don't use i keep in a small plastic vitamin jar.

jeffp,

NoSmoke

I used to keep my stuff in mason jars, burp it, this and that, worry about light, etc.... Now I just keep it in the ziplock I bought it in until its time for a refill, I don't mind my bud getting dry, unless I'm smoking, and its so stinky and crisp from being perfectly cured there's no issue letting it sit in a baggy, maybe lose a couple of crystals here and there big woop! :2c:

NoSmoke,
Top Bottom