Aero by Focus V

1love

When I turn mine upside down the top half of the mouthpiece falls off, the magnets are not strong enough to hold mine together and the gasket between the two mouthpiece halves is not set in place, it is loose and can fall out easily. I also can not remove the lower half of the mouthpiece (to expose the ovens) without needle nose pliers, it is set down in and there is nothing to grab onto so I grab one of the cooling chamber fins with the pliers and pull it, that’s the only way I could expose the ovens.
Unless I am doing something completely wrong this vape is not practical enough for me.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
When I turn mine upside down the top half of the mouthpiece falls off, the magnets are not strong enough to hold mine together and the gasket between the two mouthpiece halves is not set in place, it is loose and can fall out easily. I also can not remove the lower half of the mouthpiece (to expose the ovens) without needle nose pliers, it is set down in and there is nothing to grab onto so I grab one of the cooling chamber fins with the pliers and pull it, that’s the only way I could expose the ovens.
Unless I am doing something completely wrong this vape is not practical enough for me.

The two halves need to be threaded together with the silicone in between, then you'll be able to grip the mouthpiece and pull it off. The magnet is holding the mouthpiece to the unit to cover the ovens, the threading can be a bit tricky, but try to line it up and then keep turning until it screws all the way together even

Last edited:
Shit Snacks,
Reactions: 1love

1love

Thanks Shit Snacks for the advice, what you say makes perfect sense and I tried screwing the two halves together (even without the gasket in) and I could not get them to thread together, I can’t even see any threads to screw together on either half of my mouthpiece.

1love,

Shit Snacks

Thanks Shit Snacks for the advice, what you say makes perfect sense and I tried screwing the two halves together (even without the gasket in) and I could not get them to thread together, I can’t even see any threads to screw together on either half of my mouthpiece.

Yes they are tough to see and tough to thread, just keep playing with it, you will get it eventually (unless there is actually a defect with yours) and do leave the silicone in place, it is necessary for an airtight seal. The threads are silver metal as opposed to the black ceramic and they are in the center (inside the silicone ring)

Shit Snacks,

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Hi shoot me a message with a pic and I can help a bit more detailed! It sounds like you aren't seeing the threading at all?

FocusV,

1love

Thanks FocusV, you are correct I’m not seeing the threads at alll. I worked on it last night and by worked on I mean I pushed the two mouthpiece halves together and turned clockwise. I pushed very hard and turned I tried not pushing hard and turning, I even tried screwing the two halves together without the gasket (I know the gasket is required for an airtight seal) just to see if I could get it to thread. I seriously don’t think mine has threads. Thanks for your help.

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Thanks FocusV, you are correct I’m not seeing the threads at alll. I worked on it last night and by worked on I mean I pushed the two mouthpiece halves together and turned clockwise. I pushed very hard and turned I tried not pushing hard and turning, I even tried screwing the two halves together without the gasket (I know the gasket is required for an airtight seal) just to see if I could get it to thread. I seriously don’t think mine has threads. Thanks for your help.
Haha Yes shoot me a message and we will get you a few extra mouthpieces sent your way!

Choices

Shit Snacks how does this compare to other vapes? I still can’t get much of a feel for the size except it looks similar to a Solo. Is the convection aspect like a Fury2, MistVape Touch, or GH? Or perhaps something else? With the code it is $110 which seems a bargain in many regards....

Shit Snacks

Shit Snacks how does this compare to other vapes? I still can’t get much of a feel for the size except it looks similar to a Solo. Is the convection aspect like a Fury2, MistVape Touch, or GH? Or perhaps something else? With the code it is $110 which seems a bargain in many regards....

Well, though this isn't really the place to compare, I will say that the size is very similar to a solo without the stem. I should try to get some more pictures posted up here for size comparison.

This is session convection, but with its own heater design as far as I can tell. Compared to the ones you listed, it is the most like the Fury probably, though the Aero is much bigger. Here it seems the size actually means less radiant heat conducting into the bowl and overall a much larger heater (and then a spare bowl since there was room!) However it also means a slower heat up time... And I consider the GH and MVT to be instant on demand convection (though GH is not quite instant from cold and it could also have a bit more versatility if you can handle the heat) so even more different.

The Aero could probably compete with the Mighty (still never used one myself) pretty well actually, plus Solo and some others of course. At $110 it really blows a lot of the competition out of the water, and that is with me having only limited experience with it so far. Though not perfect, I am still pretty impressed.

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I've put the Aero in my "to review" pile

It seems like a casual session convection vape at a great price.
Vapor is soft and nice, although a bit slow.

its a fun vape to load. the two bowls in one loading area has a special satisfaction

haha your gonna end up getting stacked with Focus Reviews! better get on it lol the Carta will be at your door before you know it!

Got a livestream today IG and YT

hope to see you guys there!

1love

I received my replacement mouthpiece on Saturday, thank you Focus for the speedy, very easy to work with customer service.
I bought this with one use in mind, for on the slopes. I liked the idea of two chambers, should last all day and enough battery power to last as well. I had a chance to test it out on Sunday and it works great. Very smooth, great tasting vapor.

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Glad you are enjoying it! Let us know if you need anything else!

Also heads up I am doing a livestream today at 5pm CT / 3pm PST

there is the watch link!

Giveaway link is in the video description on YouTube!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Had some really nice use with the Aero yesterday, loaded up both bowls for the first time out and about. Perfect with someone who never really used herbal vapes before. First was a big bowl of dryer Chocolope before movie, then second bowl was a moister Cherry AK before brunch. Went pretty high in temperature actually, but it was fine outside in the LA winter cold. Didn't even need to stir and still had more left for later, very effective for the situation!

And now with RBT drydrotube:
25g3xps.jpg

Last edited:

Choices

Anyone else out there have this device in their rotation? I finally ordered one yesterday and I’m curious to see how it performs overall. I will post a review of it if there is interest. It can still be purchased at Focus V for $110 with code MikeV or MikeyV, can’t recall which at the moment. Others wanna take the plunge too?:nod:

mikeb6109

Mike's Vaporizer Review
Anyone else out there have this device in their rotation? I finally ordered one yesterday and I’m curious to see how it performs overall. I will post a review of it if there is interest. It can still be purchased at Focus V for $110 with code MikeV or MikeyV, can’t recall which at the moment. Others wanna take the plunge too?:nod:

Yeap the coupon code is MikeV for the additional rebate of 15% off.

mikeb6109,

dodgy_b

Would love to hear your review. Seems quiet here. This has been on my radar as well

dodgy_b,

Choices

After getting a couple of non-usable mouthpieces, and a tremendous stretch of great customer service from the folks @FocusV I was able to do a session with my Aero. It is noticeable in the hand, but not in a bad way. A solid heft to it. Buttons feel solid but you will want to check your starting temp inside before venturing out on a sunny day. The screen is barely visible at all. But I also own an HR Fury2 so it was an already practiced routine.
The heat up time was quick For a first experience I loaded in some Red Headed Stranger and tried it out. The taste was pleasant with no plastic or electronics essence anywhere. I did 3 max temp burn offs the day before so I know that helped a lot. The clouds were okay but my packing skills are subpar so there is reason to believe it could be improved if that is what you a seeking. I am more of a flavor then effect then clouds kinda guy. With that said, the effects were great! By this I mean I think this gives a pretty full extraction of things available. I started at 370 F (188 C) and stepped it up over two 5 minute sessions to 401 F (205 C). I will add more to my story as I get more familiar with it. I am a .1 to .3 a day user so it could take a bit, but at the moment, I like it very much! Plus for $110, if it proves reliable, it is a bargain.

Shit Snacks

Yeah its a very nice unit for the price! Nice to see some other owners in here. And the customer service is indeed phenomenal, helps offset the mouthpiece issues (seems to be the threading, so I think newer ones should be better)

I noticed a long slow draw can help maximize cloudage, though I believe you could get quicker thicker clouds with a finer grind. I have mostly been using a courser or more medium grind consistency, but have been meaning to try fine... Testing too many things at once makes it hard to devote solid quality time to each, quite a problem to have lol

MothChewMoth

Gamer Extraordinaire
Is this thing still in production? I haven't heard much at all about it, and it's not on their main site. Also doesn't look like it's in stock with PiU.

MothChewMoth,

Choices

Is this thing still in production? I haven't heard much at all about it, and it's not on their main site. Also doesn't look like it's in stock with PiU.
I am wondering if the success of the Carta led them to “back burner” the Aero for the time being if not for good. When I needed a new mouthpiece due to threading issues, they sent a new one ASAP and unfortunately it arrived with several pieces of zirconium cracked off such that it was not functional. Once made aware of this by me they sent another order out direct from the factory in China and I actually got three new mouthpieces. It works pretty well so I hope it makes a comeback but in the current under $150 vape market, it could struggle to get a foothold. It isn’t small and cute like a Miqro or as stealthy and convenient as a Fury 2. It produces great tasting vapor, better than either of these in my opinion but it requires a slow even draw speed and even then you won’t be billowing clouds all the time but you can if you’re patient. But patience is in short supply in our microwave always on news cycle world so who knows what will become of the Aero....

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
But patience is in short supply in our microwave always on news cycle world so who knows what will become of the Aero....
I was interested in purchasing one and asked a few weeks ago and they said they would be restocking them sometime this month who knows though

Top Bottom