Advice to new vaper trying to quit smoking

HighhVert

Hello all!

After reading through the forums and seeing all of the helpful threads and suggestions, I decided to join the forum! Perhaps it will help me quit smoking as well (tobacco and mj).

So I went to Toronto Vaporizer today and got swindled into buying the Utillian 720, which the employee said was a local product, after unwrapping the packaging I see its made in China on the back and started researching the vaporizer to see its a knock off (should have done this before buying, of course). So I haven't used the vaporizer at all or opened any accessories so I hope just unwrapping the box will still warrant a refund, it should at least so I'm running on the assumption that it will be returned tomorrow.

Anyways, I would like some suggestions on a vaporizer I should buy. I'm not really looking to spend any more than $300 and it could be either portable or desktop vaporizers. Since I am mainly smoking out of bongs atm and usually put some tobacco in there (which I want to quit ASAP), I think the best thing would be something that produces a lot of vapor. Do you guys have any suggestions on what I should be looking at since there are so many options?

EDIT: I don't really need stealth and want to attain big hits with this vaporizer.

So far I've looked at the following:

- E-nano
- Underdog
- Plenty
- Arizer Air
- Flowermate
- Boundless CF
- ETC

Any help is appreciated. Thank you and have a wonderful night!!!

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Welcome to FC @HighhVert
How about a VapCap plus one of the units you listed. You can get a VapCap M for $50 or $55. It uses a jet lighter to operate. I didn't like using a lighter. You might like it. It's similar to the act of smoking but it's vaporizing instead. We have several FCers that love theirs. Probably a good one to help a smoker quit.

I especially like the Enano log vape I have that one. I also like the Woodscents log vape. I have the Arizer Air. It's a good vaporizer to use. I use my Arizer Solo more though. The taste is better. The Solo 2 has just come out check out that one too. That's my next unit to buy. @PuffItUp should be getting them soon. @PlanetVape has them and Arizer is selling them so are other Canadian suppliers like @agracan.com he's an FC member.

Last edited:

Krazy

I don't really need stealth and want to attain big hits with this vaporizer.
That and your <$300 budget help narrow the field. Your budget means you can get all but the super pricey.

Im in the process of switching to the VapCap that Mz. King mentioned. For me it makes sense since I would rather mess with a lighter than a battery. And it plugs into my glass ware. For a smoker it has close to the same ritual which might help. And it's only a $50 investment for a quality device; something you can't do with an electronic vape.

I am very much in the middle depth of the wading pool NEXT to the knowledge base pool of electronic vaporizers. On th eoff chance you have not seen this handy dandy help thread:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/things-to-consider-when-purchasing-your-first-vaporizer.464/

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
The VapCap and the Solo are both worth looking into. They compliment each other nicely, in my opinion. Since you like smoking through bongs, I'd recommend the NonaVonG lineup of VapCaps. They use the titanium tip instead of the M's stainless steel tip, resulting in better airflow and heat transfer characteristics. Plus the NonaVonGs fit perfectly into a 14mm water piece.

As for the Solo, well, you can't go wrong with it. It's a tank of a vape, with great battery life, easy to use, and the flavor is incredible! As @CarolKing mentioned above, the Solo 2 just came out, which has a digital display with precision temperature control and better battery life than the original. And you can buy adapters to mate the Solo to a water piece.

You could get a NonaVonG VapCap AND the Solo 2 for around your $300 budget. Or if you don't want to spend that much, get any model VapCap (they're all good) and the original Solo. There's my :2c:, for what it's worth. Lol.

Good luck with your foray into vaporizing and quitting smoking. Keep in mind that the high from vaping mj is a bit different than smoking, because you're not getting all the nasty combustion byproducts. At first it might seem like you're not getting the effects you want. You'll get there, just keep at it. Try not to smoke at all during the transition to vaping, it'll make it easier in the long run. After a while you'll likely find the taste of smoke to be repulsive.

You'll also notice vaporizing uses significantly less herb than smoking. The money you save on herb will more than pay for your vapes. Just be careful, vaping can lead to Vape Acquisition Syndrome, or VAS for short. This condition, while manageable, is difficult to fully overcome. It can be hard on the bank account, however it does lead to awesome vape collections. :lol:

:peace:

Doktor Dub

As you are used to smoking Bongs, especialy with Tobacco, you will need some time to adjust to Vaping and in the first few days (perhaps weeks) you will feel like something is missing in your high.

IMHO, it is especialy important for the Transition to get a Vape which is a real Heavy Hitter, in your case i would chose something which is meant to be used with a Water Piece.

Although these are above your Budget, have a look at the Evo, Herborizer TI, Flower Pot, Sublimator just to know whats around.

The Flower Pot may be a VERY good choice for you - in your Budget, similar Experience as Bong smoking, you can use your existing Water pieces, you aso have a nice e-nail - what not to like :-)

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Wow, this "Toronto Vaporizer," has over 700 google reviews, and 90%+ of them mention a salespersons name specifically (Mike, Ali, Claire etc.)

Never seen that one before. Almost like there were a few hundred fake positive reviews. Impressive amount of fakery imo.

All these sites pimping the Utilian and Zeus products are shady as fuck I've noticed.

Wish we could shut them down somehow.

Squiby

I also recommend the Vapcap. They are a line of vaporizers made by Dynavap. The Vapcaps are manufactured, assembled and shipped out of the States. George, the inventor, offers the best customer service I 've experience with any product I have purchased, bar none.

This is a manual vape and IMO, one of the best vaporizers out there. No batteries to charge, rotate and replace. No cords that get tangled or lost and keep you close to an outlet. It is extremely reliable and simple to use, on or off the grid.

The Vapcap can be heated by just about any heat source, from a bic lighter, candle, campfire stick, lantern, stove element or flame, battery powered induction heater or the prefered jet lighter with one, two three or four jets.

The herb chamber is covered by a temperature indicating cap which clicks when the chamber has reached toking temps and that temp is determined by where on the cap you heat. You will NOT combust if you stop heating at the sound of the click.

The ritual is very similar to smoking a joint. The Vapcap is even the shape and size of a cigarette. It easily fits in a pocket and handles everything from flowers to hash or concentrates with ease.

Vapcaps are modular so you can expand your collection by swapping out condensers, mouthpieces and stems or bodies to create your custom look or for function like using it with a water piece. Vapcaps are LEGO for stoners and are really fun to use. They are without question the most attractive vaporizers on the market today.

The M model Vapcap is the entry level vape. It goes for $50. It is made out of stainless steel and a few orings. It is built to last a lifetime. Couple this with a two dollar jet lighter and you're good to go.

The Ti Woody models start around $180 and the indestructible titanium Omnivape is $160.

Check out the Dynavap thread here on FC.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-427#post-1078667

And the Dynavap website.

https://www.dynavap.com

Top to bottom.
The entry level stainless steel M model Vapcap.
The Ti Woody S model with a Blackwood body and a Burl mouthpiece.

NQFqX3j.jpg

howie105

Of the ones you have listed I would agree with the E-Nano however with a reservations, it not a big cloud machine. The small load size precludes that for most folks but it is dead on efficient and easy to use.

howie105,
Reactions: Derrrpp

HighhVert

Wow just log in to see all these helpful posts, thanks everyone!

I'm going to reply to everyone in a little bit when I have some time at work. But seems like everyone suggests the VapCap to help quit smoking. I will definitely check their products out!

HighhVert

Wow, this "Toronto Vaporizer," has over 700 google reviews, and 90%+ of them mention a salespersons name specifically (Mike, Ali, Claire etc.)

Never seen that one before. Almost like there were a few hundred fake positive reviews. Impressive amount of fakery imo.

All these sites pimping the Utilian and Zeus products are shady as fuck I've noticed.

Wish we could shut them down somehow.

Its pretty crazy how they did that and very sneaky, I don't want to deal with toronto vaporizer ever again. I was in the store and searched up all these positive reviews so I thought I was getting a good vape, but little did I know.

HighhVert,

duff

Well worn
Is it usually just you or is it more often groups? If it's more of a group situation consider the bowl size and learning curve.

Also, how often do you use water?

Of the ones you listed, you can't go wrong with the Plenty. I'd love an enano but don't think it is a cloud factory.

The Sticky Bricks, Milaana and Tubo are all pretty big hitters that I own and would recommend.

The Vapcap is not far behind, is quite beautiful, modular and totally portable. This vape replicates smoking the most.

All of these pair quite well with a water piece and are under $300 as well.

Have fun.

Last edited:

Smokinjoe

Don't buy a flowermate. I have a pax 1 and a flowermate pro with the digital adjustment

Neither hit that hard. Neither get me coughing.

My ooze pen meant for cartridges at max setting is the most potent vape hit I get.

Smokinjoe,
Top Bottom