Advice on vaping hash

Bojanglez

hey guys,

So, I recently came into possession of some hash and, having not had any since the old, dark days of joints and pipes, I am looking for advice on how to vape it.

The hash is quite hard and somewhat brittle and can be broken/crushed into little pieces/coarse dust and if I heat it a little with a lighter, it smokes and becomes way more malleable (but of course, I'm introducing combustion).

I have a SSV and Arizer Extreme Q (and am equally happy using whips and bags) and have been sprinkling a little on top of a layer of weed and then vaping - is this the most efficient way, or can someone recommend a different method?

thanks in advance :)

Bojanglez,

hogleg

crumble it between two elbow screens and drop in the cyclone bowl

hogleg,
Reactions: Stu

djonkoman

you can also very quickly heat it with a lighter without it getting to smoke, often just moving the flame over it once very quickly is already enough to make it softer.
IME, it works well to start with some chunks, then heat it by vaping from it, you will get taste but barely any vapor. then it becomes a lot softer and you can push it into smaller bits (with a stick/rod)
can't give you tips on your articular vapes, I use my VG and UD for hash. to get clouds you need a bit higher temp, hash can also handle higher temps as weed.
but also on regular temp it works well if it's broken up enough, just not big clouds
I get the idea tough, no idea if I'm right or not, that a smaller cloud with hash is as strong as a bigger clud as that with weed

personally I think mixing woth weed doesn't work as well, except in a joint. the hash keeps on giving vapor for a long time, while by that time the weed starts giving off the done-taste
also just hash ca withstand higher temps as weed, so if you mix it the weed limits the temp
I also don't like them combusted together in a pipe tough, the hash burns hotter I think, and the weed burns up first before the hash is burning well, so you get harsh ashtasting hits(more ashtasting than otherwise, since combustion ofcourse always tastes like ash)

cybervapor

大麻头
crumble it between two elbow screens and drop in the cyclone bowl
This is a great idea.

A lot of people simply heat it on a knife with a lighter (taking care not to scorch it) and then inhale the vapors. There is no mist and the taste is very light. It's hard to tell if you're getting all the vapor though so you might want to use an acrylic or glass stem like a straw. Hold it near the hash and it will help you slurp up the vapor.

If you have a clean glass pipe with a large enough hole in the bowl you can drop a bit of hash through the hole and then lightly heat the outside bottom of the pipe while inhaling slowly. This keeps the vapor from escaping to the atmosphere.

An exceptional way is to use the ThermoVape revolution with their high-resistance dart. A little expensive but a nice gadget. One of the better ways of on-the-go concentrate ingestion.

cybervapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I've only recently learned how to successfully vape hash, but I'm enjoying it a lot now and make sure I always have some handy since then.

My fav way is to start with a small layer of fresh weed (you can use ABV if you're out fresh herbs), slightly press/pack it, then add a small layer of crumbled hash and lightly pack another layer of fresh bud on top of that. When I stir I try to just stir the top two layers as long as possible and these bowls just keep going and going that way. I usually vape them at a slightly lower temp then when I only use weed.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I agree with OTA. Except for the fact that I usually vape hash at higher temps. But whatever works for you. Crumbling it to smaller pieces seems to help IME.

:peace:

Stu,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I've resorted to lower temps because the herbs stay better a little longer that way. After two third through the bowl I usually crank it up a bit (1 volt) since it's all just black powder by then anyways, and I don't mind going through the rest of it a bit quicker.

edit: I haven't figured out how to keep my screens clean when vaping hash just yet btw. I usually just swap the screen for a clean one after a bowl or two and dump the clogged up one in my reclaim container. Does everyone does this or do you guys have discovered a way of keeping the screen clean perhaps? I tried the long hard hits with an empty bowl on high temp, but that doesn't seem to do much for me.

OhTheAgony,

djonkoman

yes hash clogs screens quickly, my solution is just to often replace/clean them.
pipecleaner with alcohol wors reasonably but makes the screens unthread at the edges quickly. burning it clean is probably the easiest, just torch it with a torch lighter and when it has turned white it easy to blow/wipe out. but maybe not preferred for a vaporizer.
the cloged screens of the UD hashstem I've just been dumping in a small bottle wih alcohol so far, still enough new clean screens to procastriate cleaning them

djonkoman,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
Me I just toss a chunk of hash in the bowl then take one hit to warm it up then I just stir it till it sticks to the sides of the bowl and hit it. And u stir every hit or two.

ilovebOObs,
Reactions: Gonzo

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Me I just toss a chunk of hash in the bowl then take one hit to warm it up then I just stir it till it sticks to the sides of the bowl and hit it. And u stir every hit or two.

I use this same method boobs. Change the screen every few days and soak in ISO to reclaim the goodies.

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
The best way I have seen to ingest hard pressed concentrates is to put a little chunk directly onto the herb iron, or hakko, or embur, or whatever, then hold it under an hmk curve, or ti swing, or whatever you got. Basically, you end up doing "bots", instead of a cig as your heat source you use the herb iron, you catch the rising smoke with the bell curve and it gets filtered through the bong and your done in one hit!

The question still remains if this method would actually considered vaping though... I'm not sure if anyone has come to an actual conclusion about whether or not dabbing "liquid" concentrates on a ti pad is considered vaping or not, but if you think it is, then I would suggest that hash on the hi would have to be considered vaping too, as I'm sure the temPs involved would be quite similar.

notmyrealUSERname,

Bojanglez

So, I broke the hash down into tiny little pieces (started trying to crush between two elbow screens but the hash started to dent the screens so I stopped) until I had a good amount of dust in the cyclone and then I vaped, re-vaped, and vaped again - I think I got 4, rich, dense bags per cyclone and got nicely high from it. I stuck bits into my SSV with a layer of weed but as someone here posted, the weed was done before the hash so I wasted some.

nice high :)

Bojanglez,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
My fav way is to start with a small layer of fresh weed (you can use ABV if you're out fresh herbs), slightly press/pack it, then add a small layer of crumbled hash and lightly pack another layer of fresh bud on top of that.

This is exactly how I do it, sometimes without the top fresh layer. Just don't suck too hard the first few hits.

With the Extreme Q you can pack the cyclone bowl or the elbow screen with this method. When I first got my Extreme Q I tried putting the hash directly onto the elbow screen, it worked great but would eventually melt down into the side of the screen and make it unattainable and clog the screen bad.

As far as cleaning my screens, only thing I've found to do an adequate job is Alcohol and a toothbrush. You can scrub a little and/or try shoving the bristles into the screen holes.

Tweak,

Smallchangerain

I just vaped my first bowl of homemade ISO-hash. I collected the resin from inside all the glass parts, as well as my sticky grinder, doused them in ISO and kept all the alcohol after the glass was clean, it evaporated over about three days in a glass pan. I scraped all the resin and rolled it into a ball of hash. The ball also spent a fair amount of time in the bottom of my keif box, so I was hoping it was pretty potent.
I crumbled the ISO-hash into little pieces, and sprinkled it directly into the cyclone bowl. I let it get up to 390 farenheit and left it there before stirring and leaving it again for a few minutes, to get it all hot and soft. I the fired up the fan, and filled my first bag. It wasn't exactly thick vape, but I could taste it and smell it. My second bag I stirred again, and set it at 420. Bless. Got another bag, much thicker, but still not that cloudy. That one started to feel effective. Stirred and cranked it up one more time at 428, and boom! Thick, cloudy vape. Both of us got tanked and I can't do my laundry now. I'm going to try cleaning the screens in ISO again depending on how gunked up they are, because reclamation is dope yo.

Smallchangerain,

wiwipicker

So im vaping with a coil some hash for like 2 month with sticky hash !

hhR2zla.jpg

Im making some roll with it and cut is to make 3-4 piece with it.

gJjQeFi.jpg

To put some hash all over the coil ( not all at the some spot ! ) so its will make a lot of smoke.

hSlx3Rv.jpg

Inside the coil and each side we got some hash stick on the coil.

JaydvDu.jpg

If u push and the cool stay red like this it wil taste like shit ! so juste go easy to have a nice good heat !

R8M3s0a.jpg

3ea0185b-8bea-40ef-b759-281606adfac6

Enjoy !

wiwipicker,
Top Bottom