Advice on upgrade from Solo. Lots of small complaints, not sure which direction to go in

nsjaqson

I've had an Arizer Solo for about 2 years and have enjoyed it, but I've grown tired of some of its shortcomings.

I use it nightly, usually in bed just before falling asleep. I never travel with it so portability is not important, and I use it for only one session at a time (I don't take small hits over a long period of time). I only use flower, not concentrates.

Here's my issues with the solo:
  • Takes 2-3 minutes to heat up
  • Glass stem jiggles around and is loose, and feels bad in the mouth.
  • I have to use something to scrape out the material after a session. It doesn't just fall out and I'm afraid I'll break the stem if I hit it.
  • Have to use a screen, otherwise material comes through the stem and into my mouth. Screens get stuck, and are a pain to push into the stem and stay in place.
  • Takes about 3-4 minutes to clean, re-pack, and heat up. I have problems sleeping, and sometimes wake up in the middle of the night and would like to vape to go back to sleep. I woken up if I have to get out of bed, scrape AVB, push back in the screen, fill, wake for it to heat up.
Any suggestions? Budget is not an issue. A desktop unit would be fine, but it can't be huge because I have to hide it during the day because my kids are often in and out of my room.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
What about a log vaporizer for home? They are reletivley small. I have an Enano and a Woodscents. The Enano takes about 10 min to fully heat up and the Woodscents takes 5 min. You can leave an Enano on while not in use. The WS gets pretty hot. I turn mine off when not in use. The WS costs about $100 more than an Enano.

In the spring Arizer added another vaporizer to its line. You could upgrade to a Solo 2. It has a digital temp display. The stem doesn't fall out of the unit when you turn it up side down. Arizer fixed the thick milkshake draw. There really isn't much resistance. You can set your temp to the exact heat setting.
Also it's nice to tailor your session all the way to 15 min or you can have as little as a six min session.
The battery is a tank and will last 2 hours or more in the beginning. You don't have a heat drop after s draw. The heater doesn't need time to recover.

Since you already have a portable. I would buy a desk style unit for home. It depends on what would work best for you. The log vapes don't use a lot of product either and usually really great flavor. Mine uses less cannabis than my Solos and that's not a lot.

I like to switch off and use different vaporizers.

Edit
I think VapCaps are great for some folks. I prefer not having to use a butane lighter. There are plenty of folks out there that prefers using a lighter. I like the ease and relaxation of not having to fiddle with anything during a session.
I think VapCaps work well for someone that's transitioning from smoking their weed. Ive suggested a VapCap quite often.

I use my VapCap as a stem with my Woodscents and you don't need a lighter. Dynavape who makes the VC @VapCap as well as another FCer @phattpiggie makes some beautiful units. Im using the VC "M" as one of my WS stems. The carb hole allows you to get some pretty thick clouds.

@nsjaqson by the way welcome to Fuckcombustion glad you were able to find us. Its a great group of folks for the most part. Every so often we get a troll or two. Mostly everyone is nice.

I've had one of my Solos for 4 years and it's still working. Arizer makes some awesome products that will last you a long time.

My hardest hitting desk style units would be a close call between the Woodscents and the EVO. I like flavor not necessarily something that hits hard but the EVO and the Woodscents do both.

Last edited:

howie105

Hello nsjaqson hope you enjoy the board. I too will suggest the E-Nano.

I never travel with it so portability is not important,..Thats good its a plug in vape and while not large it is not a portable either.

I use it for only one session at a time (I don't take small hits over a long period of time)... I load from .04g to .07g at a time and get around three good hits.

Takes 2-3 minutes to heat up...E-Nano about the same, maybe a little longer. The way many people get around that is they just leave the unit running which has some level of risk but I have never heard of any fires yet.

Glass stem jiggles around and is loose, and feels bad in the mouth...The Nano stem is tighter then the Solo but they both need to be big enough to load and empty.

I have to use something to scrape out the material after a session. It doesn't just fall out and I'm afraid I'll break the stem if I hit it....I use a piece of bamboo skewer to dig out the used loads and have never broken a Nano stem doing it. The manufacturer uses good quality glass.

Have to use a screen, otherwise material comes through the stem and into my mouth. Screens get stuck, and are a pain to push into the stem and stay in place....The nano has an option of either a fixed glass stem or an adjustable wire screen. I use the wire one and seldom get blow by paste the screen unless I really over grind the load.

Takes about 3-4 minutes to clean, re-pack, and heat up. I have problems sleeping, and sometimes wake up in the middle of the night and would like to vape to go back to sleep. I woken up if I have to get out of bed, scrape AVB, push back in the screen, fill, wake for it to heat up....The time frame is similar for the Nano unless I pre-load stems so I have one ready to go in the middle of the night.

Good Luck

howie105,

Squiby

IMO there is nothing easier or faster than the Vapcap heated with the @Pipes Induction Heater.

- It takes only a few seconds to heat up. The induction heater is silent and the Vapcap makes a little click when it's almost ready to toke.
- The Vapcap is tiny, the size of a cigarette and is easily hidden or stored out of sight.
- The Vapcap is extremely durable. There are no worries about anything breaking.
- I use a hemp fiber filter in my Vapcap which filters fine particulates out of the vapor path. This also creates a very smooth vapor that causes no throat or lung irritation.
- You can vape herb or concentrates. With concentrates; shatter, wax or rosin, you can load enough for several sessions. Just call it an on demand all night supper.

I vape through the night sometimes and I can be medicated and back to sleep in less than a minute.

Stevies

Get a Mighty.

I have a E-Nano, Mighty and Pax 2.

E-nano is great but must be plugged in and repacked basically every 1-2 hits. Not a session piece. Big time cuts down on weed over-use though.. I leave it plugged in all day and doubles as an oil diffuser. Hit when I just want a pick me up and not a session.

Pax 2 is great cuz its small and stealth. Hit it at lunch at work. Stays in my lunch bag.

MIGHTY.... house session vape.. can use dosing capsules.. just pack a few in the AM.. ready to go all day.. i throw in a fresh capsule before bed and place it on my night stand.. smoke in any room cordless

Stevies,

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
@nsjaqson my advice is get a Solo 2 and several stems of your preferred length.

1. Solo 2 heats much faster and battery lasts longer.
2. Load several stems at a time and store them in tubes with rubber stoppers.
3. No need to remove filter to clean stem. No need to clean stem often. Easy to brush out ABV.
4. At night just grab a pre-filled stem and go.

:myday:

Little Bill,
Reactions: CarolKing

MinnBobber

I'm not a fan of the VapCap in bed, even with the battery heater box.

Mighty is a great choice as with your use, battery should last weeks between charging, you can fill dosing capsules ahead and have them ready. The precise temp control and readout is great. Flavor is decent. With its unique cooling unit, the vapor is very very smooth and tolerable where many vapes need a water bubbler to achieve such level of smoothness.

If supreme flavor is your goal, then the miniVAP BUT it is a chunk bigger than the Mighty so that may be an issue for you

MinnBobber,
Top Bottom