1. If the Herbalizer was a fortune cookie what would it say? Tell us and win it!
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

advice on scant supplies

Discussion in 'Ask FC' started by headdoctor, Dec 13, 2013.

1. headdoctor

headdoctor Well-Known Member

I'm sorry if this is a newbie question, but I'm down to very little material and I'm trying to figure out the best approach. I've got about half a Solo stem/bowl, which is enough for tonight--but the catch is that, for reasons I won't get into, I would rather use my Volcano. It's certainly not enough material to pack the Volcano bowl, barely enough to cover the bottom. So here is my question: assuming that I'm determined to use the Volcano, would it be more efficacious to spread just the material in the Volcano bowl, or would it make more sense to mix it into some abv, effectively filling the chamber? I'm wondering if the abv, even though it's spent, will help distribute the warm air. Or am I over-thinking this?

Thanks! (And sorry if this should be in the Volcano thread.)
  2. vorrange

vorrange Well-Known Member

The ABV will give you a better extraction at the expense of worse flavour. It's up to you.

I would consider getting a different unit other than the VOlcano, perhaps an EQ if you like bags. It is way to big, not that flavourfull and the vapour is a bit dry. Plus, you can only do bags and it uses a LOT of material for thick vapour. i use 0,05g a session and i get thick almost smoke like vapour with my HI.
    SSVUN~YAH likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors