• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Advice on first Enail Setup

BarkingSpider

Hello FC, Long time torch user looking to delve into the enail world. What I have come down to is between the Auber RDK-300A and the Highfive units either the LCD or LED models. My budget is around 350+- for everything i will need including the Dnail slim series and SiC halo with their forked dabber/cap.

I am aware that i will need a flat coil for the Dnail Halo setup, so what I am trying to figure out is which coil will fit the best excluding the actual Dnail flat coil. Unless I can plug and play the Dnail flat coil into an Auber RDK-300A I would like to either use the Auber flat coil with their controller, or the Highfive flat coil with their controller. I have heard that the Auber flat coil is slightly thicker than the Dnail flat coil and that it might interfere with the Dnail Halo setup.

So i am wondering if anyone has any experience with using either the Auber flat coil or the Highfive flat coil with the Dnail Halo setup, and if so how did it work out? Was it a tight fit? Did you have to alter the order of your nail to accommodate your heating coil, and if so did it make any noticable difference?

If I end up going the Highfive route I was planning on getting a controller, ebanger, and their flatcoil. The controller comes with a coil so i would go with the 20mm for that and chose a flat coil as an add on for the Halo. I like my quartz banger so I wanted to have that option with an enail as well. I looked at their domeless quartz, Pukinbeagle direct inject, and Dnail/Hive Ceramic nail but wasn't swayed by them or their lack of reviews.

If I go the Auber route I would get their 300 controller and their flat coil. Can anyone tell me if the Dnail flat coil plugs into the Auber without messing with anything? I am not versed with wiring units so id rather stay away from it. As a side note I do plan on getting a Liger V3 in a while, but i want to try the Halo setup first.

Any advice on the controllers, coils, nails are welcome. This is a awesome community and thank you to anyone who took the time to read all this. Happy dabbing

damm

Hello FC, Long time torch user looking to delve into the enail world. What I have come down to is between the Auber RDK-300A and the Highfive units either the LCD or LED models. My budget is around 350+- for everything i will need including the Dnail slim series and SiC halo with their forked dabber/cap.

I am aware that i will need a flat coil for the Dnail Halo setup, so what I am trying to figure out is which coil will fit the best excluding the actual Dnail flat coil. Unless I can plug and play the Dnail flat coil into an Auber RDK-300A I would like to either use the Auber flat coil with their controller, or the Highfive flat coil with their controller. I have heard that the Auber flat coil is slightly thicker than the Dnail flat coil and that it might interfere with the Dnail Halo setup.

So i am wondering if anyone has any experience with using either the Auber flat coil or the Highfive flat coil with the Dnail Halo setup, and if so how did it work out? Was it a tight fit? Did you have to alter the order of your nail to accommodate your heating coil, and if so did it make any noticable difference?

If I end up going the Highfive route I was planning on getting a controller, ebanger, and their flatcoil. The controller comes with a coil so i would go with the 20mm for that and chose a flat coil as an add on for the Halo. I like my quartz banger so I wanted to have that option with an enail as well. I looked at their domeless quartz, Pukinbeagle direct inject, and Dnail/Hive Ceramic nail but wasn't swayed by them or their lack of reviews.

If I go the Auber route I would get their 300 controller and their flat coil. Can anyone tell me if the Dnail flat coil plugs into the Auber without messing with anything? I am not versed with wiring units so id rather stay away from it. As a side note I do plan on getting a Liger V3 in a while, but i want to try the Halo setup first.

Any advice on the controllers, coils, nails are welcome. This is a awesome community and thank you to anyone who took the time to read all this. Happy dabbing

I use the D-Nail Halo (SiC) with the Auber RDK-300 using the Auber Flat coil without a problem. Didn't have to mess with anything in order to have it work.

To be honest I haven't set the PSL even; just turn it to 540 with PSL set to 1.0 and the SiC Halo dish is really really AMAZING.

You can do high temp or low temp and it's just amazing; it's not too tight. I don't have it coming undone or any tight fit

You will be VERY HAPPY with the RDK-300A and the Auber Flat coil with your SiC dish.

BarkingSpider

I use the D-Nail Halo (SiC) with the Auber RDK-300 using the Auber Flat coil without a problem. Didn't have to mess with anything in order to have it work.

To be honest I haven't set the PSL even; just turn it to 540 with PSL set to 1.0 and the SiC Halo dish is really really AMAZING.

You can do high temp or low temp and it's just amazing; it's not too tight. I don't have it coming undone or any tight fit

You will be VERY HAPPY with the RDK-300A and the Auber Flat coil with your SiC dish.

Perfect, just what I wanted to hear. I can't wait to have it up and running. Thanks for the response.

BarkingSpider,

fusion1990

I bought a auber 300rdk 2 weeks ago just like you I was deciding between the High5 and Auber and I'm so happy I chose auber it couldn't be easier to use and the overall quality makes me feel happy with my purchase i got the 20mm coil and am using a qx2s from Highly Educated overall don't know why i waited this long

fusion1990,

BarkingSpider

Are there any good ebangers out there that fit well with the Auber 20mm coil? Also I am planning on getting a Liger V3 eventually, so i would have the option to either get the flat coil or 20m version of the Liger.

BarkingSpider,

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
High 5 has their own pin layout, so you have to buy their coils in the future. Auber is the same standard pins as D-Nail and others.

I have had 0 issues with my 200 though, fwiw, and it is a fair bit cheaper.

Personally prefer the flat coils, but High 5 happens to have a 20mm quartz banger compatible with 20mm coils for sale at $9 if you prefer that route. I see they only have a 10mm joint though, which would be pretty tiny.

http://www.highfivevape.com/products/20mm_Quartz_Banger

fusion1990

I ve doing more reading and testing of what temps work best and it seams a flat coil w coil fastener may be the most efficient option available. that said with my 20mm coil i have to increase temps +30% to get to the desired nail temp compared to using a flat coil. Im currently dabbing at 777f but would prefer a more accurate experience where the display reflects the coil temp i can adjust the settings of the Auber 300 to do that however i need a k type thermometer. and my reasoning is still that i will be at a crazy hot coil temp to have the bowl at the desired temp which i feel is an added hazard. where i can be on a flat coil at 615f and the bowl is 550f-600f.

fusion1990,

Halfqq

Formerly Highland7
Is there a knockoff base that I can put the dnail SiC Halo on?

I think I read it doesn't fit in the auber universal nail that ships with their controller

Halfqq,

Likes2vape

Is there a knockoff base that I can put the dnail SiC Halo on?

I think I read it doesn't fit in the auber universal nail that ships with their controller
You should be able to use any of the hybrid bases. As long as the dish is removable the dnail dish should work.

Likes2vape,

Halfqq

Formerly Highland7
You should be able to use any of the hybrid bases. As long as the dish is removable the dnail dish should work.
You mean the dnail bases? I'm wondering if any other universal nails (like the auber one) would work with the SiC halo

Halfqq,

Halfqq

Formerly Highland7
Does the one you just posted a link to work with flat coils? It says it works with 10mm coil but I'm only familiar with 16mm and 20mm coils and the flat coil. One version looks like it works with flat coil but I'm unsure

2h58xw2.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Halfqq,

Likes2vape

Does the one you just posted a link to work with flat coils? It says it works with 10mm coil but I'm only familiar with 16mm and 20mm coils and the flat coil. One version looks like it works with flat coil but I'm unsure

2h58xw2.jpg
[/IMG]
The last 2 are for flat coils. China seems to call the flat coils 10mm for whatever reason.

The first 2 are for a 20mm coil and a 16mm coil

Halfqq

Formerly Highland7
The last 2 are for flat coils. China seems to call the flat coils 10mm for whatever reason.

The first 2 are for a 20mm coil and a 16mm coil

Thank you for your help. Two more questions if you don't mind.

1) the Chinese knock off seems to be missing one of the bolts that comes with the dnail base. I think it goes under the coil. Is that nut/bolt thingy necessary? I'm guessing I could order one from dnail if so.

2). Should I just buy the dnail base? Do you think there would be a difference in performance between dnail SiC halo on a dnail base, and dnail SiC halo on the knockoff Chinese base?

Thanks in advance and I promise no more questions :)

Halfqq,
Reactions: steama

Likes2vape

I have the dnail slim line base and do not have the extra washer/nut that they recommend and it works fine. Honestly I would just get the dnail base. The d-nail is only $40 and you would get it at the same time as the dish. Not saving a whole lot going with a China base.

Tony Timeless

I have the dnail slim line base and do not have the extra washer/nut that they recommend and it works fine. Honestly I would just get the dnail base. The d-nail is only $40 and you would get it at the same time as the dish. Not saving a whole lot going with a China base.

I also have the slim series base and I don't even know what a washer is?! I've heard of his before, but can find no pictures on the D-Nail site. Could you show what this is actually ? Thanks :)

Tony Timeless,

herbivore21

d-nail-web-halo-nail-sic.jpg

To the right of the above picture, you can see a diagram of all of the components used with slim series/sic halo setup. Between the flat coil and the heatsink/airpath pieces is the large round 'heater retainer' washer in question :)

Also @Likes2vape is right, the d-nail slim series is clearly a better design and is already approaching the low cost of China products. It'll ship long, long before you'll receive a DHgate knock-off. There's no justification to bother with a cheap knock-off base in this case IMO.

Top Bottom