• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Advice for someone with low tolerance

DolfLun

Lots of great suggestions here and I agree with many, particularly the vapcap. But I'll add the grasshopper. For me it's the perfect one-and-done vape.

With a "hits hard" reputation, should I be concerned with low tolerance?

DolfLun,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I have considered these but my state is Medical only and Carts are not legal here. I have a family member that lives in a state where carts are legal (CA) so I may get one of those in a few weeks during a visit. That sounds incredibly simple for use/experience. Any comments on how it "hits" regarding being low tolerance/microdosing?

If you get a good one it will hit perfectly for someone with low tolerance. It's how I first got into vaping over 5 years ago, my first introduction to vaporizers was with prefilled carts. They are amazing for low tolerance use because they are painless to operate, discrete as all get out, the battery lasts forever, the whole setup is super small, no mess. They are really cool for someone with a lower tolerance, take a puff or two. If you need another you can just take another puff. No reloading, I mean they are incredibly convenient. Plus they are a lot better now than the ones I used to get now that we have distillate and other extraction tech. Look for one with stainless steel and glass instead of plastic, the better cartridges tend to be made from that.

DolfLun

If you get a good one it will hit perfectly for someone with low tolerance. It's how I first got into vaping over 5 years ago, my first introduction to vaporizers was with prefilled carts. They are amazing for low tolerance use because they are painless to operate, discrete as all get out, the battery lasts forever, the whole setup is super small, no mess. They are really cool for someone with a lower tolerance, take a puff or two. If you need another you can just take another puff. No reloading, I mean they are incredibly convenient. Plus they are a lot better now than the ones I used to get now that we have distillate and other extraction tech. Look for one with stainless steel and glass instead of plastic, the better cartridges tend to be made from that.

The weirdest part while researching is that there is almost "no device" in the equation. You need to buy/provide your own battery (I think) but there is not a market or review culture around the 510 threaded battery right? Is there a market leader that you can just buy that battery, and then all you need is a high quality cart?

Thanks for any guidance

DolfLun

The Woodscents is about $100 more than the Enano. It comes with a big package. Also with some unique wood pieces. It works well with the Wooden stem that has a ti tip. The ti tip is a unique feature to a log vape, it allows you to use some of the VapeCaps. I prefer using the ti tip better than just using the wooden stem. The glass stem that comes with the Woodscents doesn't fit well over the top of the heater and needs to be held in place. That's the only draw back for me , I love a glass airpath. Like with most log vapes it doesn't use a lot of product. The WS uses less product overal than the Enano but not that much.

The Enano is a great log vape in its own right with the thick glass stems. The Enano as well as the Woodscents have awesome vapor flavor. The WS has a pretty strong heater and heats up a bit faster than the Enano by a few minutes. I take the stem out of my WS between draws, if I don't I use up too much product. The mouthpieces make these two units different. I love the Enano's thick glass stems that cools the vapor. You will have to read up on both. The WS is newer so there is less to read. You will see both units have very happy customers.

I love both units and they would make a good vaporizer for a medical patient or the recreational user. Log vapes make a good addition to any vaporizer's arsenal. They are very easy to use and clean without many little pieces to keep track of.

Here is the pic of the ti tip that can be screwed on the end of a wooden stem. This is the the ti tip that also comes with some VapCaps. You can see the special screen inside. It often comes down to personal preference with any vaporizer. It also can be a big investment.

VM5vnso.jpg

Thanks this start bit of info will help, I'm still surprised that a device (and I agree it does) which has this much love, there isn't a single youtube video of a person demonstrating it's parts, use and benefits. With battery vapes, and even the Vapcap, Vapman, MFLB, while so much is marketing fodder from resellers, at least you can spend 6 minutes and know exactly what comes in the box and how to use it. I would have expected that from a product marketing perspective a new comer to the market with an out of norm design/function would put out some explanation videos. (Vapcap has this problem but it was fixed by an influx of 3rd party reviews, specifically the awesome Sneaky Pete video)

Mr. Me2

With a "hits hard" reputation, should I be concerned with low tolerance?
I hope your question is directed to the grasshopper. If not, please correct me.

I find the gh one of the easiest vapes to use and maintain.

Those that say it hits hard, are based on using it at its top temperature (5). I tend to live at temperature 3, but you could go lower. I find it very easy and comfortable to use. Turn it on, wait for blue light (around 5 seconds), take a pull, and turn it off. Then repeat if and when you want to. Simple!

Baron23

@DolfLun - you have received great advise so far from many, and in particular @CarolKing.

These are my thoughts:

If you want very small loads, the ability to take a hit and set it aside for later, and ease of use then this speaks to getting a convection vape. Conduction vapes tend to take a while to heat up (need to heat soak the oven) and will continue to cook your herb as they cool off if turned off after a single hit. Also, tends to take a few draws to get them going (which is not unusual with any vape, really).

This speaks directly (to me) to a log vape (Enano, Heat Island, Under Dog, Woodscents, etc). I understand you want "portability" but are no going out and about vaping. So, maybe transportable rather than full portable will do. I.e. log vapes will require plugging in but they can be left on all day, can have very small bowl sizes (.05 g or even less), and work perfectly when just taking a hit and setting the stem aside.

If you can't tolerate needing a plug, then something like the Solo II, which to me is a battery powered log vape, and I'm sure others may come up with more models, may be the trick.

Now as to butane powered vapes: Vapcap (VCs) - I own multiple OG VCs (the glass ones) and a Ti Woody. I have loved VCs and DynaVap since I first came across them a year ago. Personally, I favor my OGs over the Ti Woody but that's a long story and I'm apparently in the minority on this. It is mostly conduction IME but cools very quickly and certainly you can take a hit and set it aside for later without much negative consequence. But I also don't think that they are the universal nut that fits all bolts which is the impression you can get if you read any "what vape to get" threads. LOL The issue here is that I don't really see butane vapes as "easy to use" for a once a week occasional vaporist. You can inadvertently combust, you must be able to hear the click (not easy in the wind, with outdoor noises, or if you are at all hard of hearing), and its a bear to try to heat up one in the wind (I'm sure you can imagine that its even more difficult than lighting a pipe bowl in the wind as you have to keep the heat on longer). I love them, suggest you get one, but not your only vape. Nice cheap addition to something more sophisticated IMO. But, the VC is another around .05 G bowl size vape so there is that.

I have also used the Sticky Bricks OG and Jr. I preferred the Jr and like this vape a lot. But the same caveats apply as its a butane powered vape.

Milaana and MFLB, and other non-regulated vapes: I have no personally used any of these. But they are unregulated which means that your control temp by draw speed, power cycling, etc. These again don't seem to fit the "easy to use" for a once a week occasional vaporist criteria, IMO.

Grasshopper - I own one, I love mine, I have not had a single problem with it. However, even though it comes with a life time warranty, too many people are still having failures and need to RMA their device. If in the USA, not that big a deal, but reliability and robustness issues cause me to only recommend the GH to an experience vaporist who has other vapes in their stables.

SwiftPro/CFV - this might be an idea. Full convection portable. Yeah, the oven size is bigger than you would clear in a one or two draw mini-session, it is full convection, will cool down quickly to preserve your herbs (fairly well), heats up very fast (sub-30 seconds), is small, and takes no technique. Something to consider, perhaps.

On the subject of pre-filled carts, was just in WA state recently and got a chance to buy a cart for the first time. My criteria was all cannabis derived therefore no PG/VG/PEG to thin and all terps used to thin and re-terp needed to be cannabis derived also. I ended up with a Nectar cart which is steel, glass, and I believe a ceramic wick (NOT a fiber wick which was another criteria). I brought my own box mod (variable wattage battery pack) and found it to be excellent for very stealthy occasional draws as I traveled and stayed with family members. It was a bit expensive ($70 for a 1 gram cart) but worked exceedingly well for its intended purpose. The thing is, that although it worked and got me medicated, the effects were a bit flat (common for some concentrates) and all in all I do find flower to have a much more well rounded effect. I like concentrates (off my Liger for example) for power and a load of flower for well-roundness. But that would probably put you under the table. Do buy a cart when in a legal state and try it. My advise is to NOT go cheap....cheap carts have artificial thinners in the product, are made of plastic, and have lousy cotton wicks that taste burnt after a bit.

Best of luck. Hope my random thoughts were useful to you....but keep in mind, this is only one man's opinion and not worth more than that.

Last edited:

Farid

I am in the process of trying to cut my tolerance, and an issue I am running into is anxiety from vaping, something which I haven't experienced with a higher tolerance. In the past I would just vape through the anxiety, but that leads to a cycle where my tolerance is always slightly more elevated than I want. What I've been doing is every time I feel anxiety do some light exercise (push ups, chin ups, easy stuff). I've cut down from around 8 vapcap sessions a day (1 pack per session) to 2. It's probably just a distraction, but so far it works every time.

To get a back on topic a bit, I find the best vaporizers for this type of use are logs and the dynavap line. I prefer the dynavap's portability, and vapor profile, but logs are easier to use.

The MFLB used to by my go to for this, but the inability to clean it makes it unusable for me now.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The weirdest part while researching is that there is almost "no device" in the equation. You need to buy/provide your own battery (I think) but there is not a market or review culture around the 510 threaded battery right? Is there a market leader that you can just buy that battery, and then all you need is a high quality cart?

Thanks for any guidance

It's because the batteries for prefilled carts are almost all the same, they've been using the same ones for years and years. If I went to go buy one right now it would be the same battery I bought 5 years ago that I still have in my closet somewhere. They are almost all rebrands so it's not really a big deal. Most places will give you a deal on the battery when you buy a cart I assume, at least that's how it always was. They used to give them away with a cartridge purchase back when I was buying them.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: flotntoke

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I think carts are great for occasional users. They are simple, seem to last for quite some time whether using them or not (couple months anyway), will hit as long (or as short) as you push the button and work well if the juice is well made (and what the label says). My only complaint about them is taste. This seems to be the case with most concentrates, but more so with these IME. I've had good ones and not so good while in legal states, but all of the ones I've got here in a not legal state tasted like ass. In truth, not really too bad if you're taking a hit or 3 every day or few days. You'll get the affects from something the size of a pen that you can pull out for 2 minutes and put away out of site. IME a glass of juice, piece of chocolate or a good mint will overcome the taste pretty easily.

You can get MANY hits out of a cart, but I still think they are more expensive than using flowers in a regular vape. Guess that depends on the vape, but my current regular line-up is pretty efficient (logs, VC, MVT). However, if you can pick up a good supply of refills from a legal state you could be good to go for quite some time without major concerns of storage. The better ones I've seen are in a sealed foil-pack and have an expiration date of a year out. And, if you're not using too much - taking a couple small hits every day or two - the cost difference could be outweighed by simplicity, convenience, and amount required to keep on hand.

I don't know what's available everywhere, but have found a good producer that uses CO2 extraction in the Denver area. EVOLab exclusively uses CO2 extraction and good starting product (not just trim or leftovers). IME their carts are about the same price as others, but better tasting, better mixed, better strain genetics (or feel more like the strains listed are supposed to). They don't sell to public themselves, but can be found in better med & rec dispensaries in CO. They are usually at the cutting edge of concentrate/oil production. More info about them can be found on their website, and I'll be glad to testify none of what is found there is bullshit. Not suggesting there aren't others that are just as good. I'd check out the EVOLabs website and use it as a guide for finding another. What you want, if you can find it, is pure CO2 extraction and no chemicals added for best pen oils IMO. So, a little research may pay off if you're buying elsewhere. Look for CO2 extraction (it's usually a big deal on packaging/promotion) and foil sealed carts. Both/either may add a buck or 2 to your purchase price, but well worth it IMO - especially for someone with little usage and longer storage.

I do kind of worry about the liquids used to make many of them (PG/VG - though EVOLabs and other high end producers use little or none). They are supposed to be safe, but new concerns are popping up about them. E-ciggers (especially those cloud blowers) are using much more of it in a hit than most likely would with a vap-cart in a session or two.

As a few people mentioned above, batts are relatively cheap, and seem to usually be provided for free (especially if you're buying 3 or more carts).

One other thing @DolfLun ... think I read somewhere above you were having problems finding vids on specific vapes. Here are some links to a few mentioned regularly above. Needless to say, I only included those that I think would be a good idea for you. The WoodScents video shows a glass bubbler being used. Not necessary, but can be had for pretty cheap from China and do add to the experience IMO. Once on YouTube, just type a vapes name & "review" in the YT search box.

Nano (start at :50 second mark)

WoodScents - with good view of the titanium tip

VapCap

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I'm with you...fuck PG/VG/PEG. I will not buy a cart with this shit in it. I really only want carts whose extract is thinned with cannabis derived terps and not so much of them as to make it taste like a lollypop.

Cheers

Have you seen anyone actually diluting cartridges with cannabis derived terpenes? Because 1mL of terpenes costs more than a 1g prefilled cart.

As far as I know, some of the better glass/stainless cartridges with ceramic element will work without diluting so long as the consistency is runny enough to flow somewhat, like the C02 oil in the Nectar cart you purchased.

invertedisdead,

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Have you seen anyone actually diluting cartridges with cannabis derived terpenes? Because 1mL of terpenes costs more than a 1g prefilled cart.

As far as I know, some of the better glass/stainless cartridges with ceramic element will work without diluting so long as the consistency is runny enough to flow somewhat, like the C02 oil in the Nectar cart you purchased.

Uh... yeah.... EVOLabs! Click the link I posted above and check out "FreshTerps".

I don't think you need the added terpenes, though. If they extract right with CO2 it can be liquid-y enough that it can go right in a cart and be ready to vape. I've seen the process at EVO (too long a story for here), and have watched them extract a goo that hardens to shatter within an hour or so, and have seen the liquidy trates processed the day before. Know many others are trying to copy their equipment and techniques and figure at least a couple have figured some of it out. I will tell you this... EVO makes a whole different product than a lot of what you'll find out there, and everything I've had from them is amazing.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Uh... yeah.... EVOLabs! Click the link I posted above and check out "FreshTerps".

I don't think you need the added terpenes, though. If they extract right with CO2 it can be liquid-y enough that it can go right in a cart and be ready to vape. I've seen the process at EVO (too long a story for here), and have watched them extract a goo that hardens to shatter within an hour or so, and have seen the liquidy trates processed the day before. Know many others are trying to copy their equipment and techniques and figure at least a couple have figured some of it out. I will tell you this... EVO makes a whole different product than a lot of what you'll find out there, and everything I've had from them is amazing.

Good to know. I didn't see anything about re-introduced terpenes on the Nectar site so I was curious. Looks like another cart called GenX out here is doing the same, distillate + cannabis terpenes. I just know you have to read the fine print as some of these companies are sneaky, saw one the other day of "cannabis derived terpene PROFILE" where they get the profile from the strain and match it with non cannabis derived terpenes. There's so many bunk cartridges you really have to do your due diligence. I've been wanting to fill my own but the terpenes are so expensive, I haven't been able to get very far. With terpenes prices currently, anything more than 1 drop would make it not cost effective.

I've been wanting to try the HTFSE prefilled carts but can't find them,

little maggie

Just want to bring up the tubo again. The reason is that among the available battery operated and on demand vapes like milaana and MVT the tubo is regulated with software that is often being updated. It's also great for micro dosing. Many people who have tried it have ended up using it as their primary vape.

Baron23

https://nectar-craft.myshopify.com/pages/about-us

It doesn't say reintroduced...its says "You won’t find any glycol, glycerin, chemical additives or artificial flavors here; our small batch, whole plant, strain specific oils preserve the naturally occurring terpenes so you can taste and experience the plant." which meets my criteria.

DolfLun

I hope your question is directed to the grasshopper. If not, please correct me.

I find the gh one of the easiest vapes to use and maintain.

Those that say it hits hard, are based on using it at its top temperature (5). I tend to live at temperature 3, but you could go lower. I find it very easy and comfortable to use. Turn it on, wait for blue light (around 5 seconds), take a pull, and turn it off. Then repeat if and when you want to. Simple!

you were correct - I meant your grasshopper suggestion. I did look into it and it looks like an interesting fit - tho the device seems to have a reputation for being unreliable/needing service. Has this been your experience?

DolfLun,

DolfLun

@DolfLun - you have received great advise so far from many, and in particular @CarolKing.

These are my thoughts:

If you want very small loads, the ability to take a hit and set it aside for later, and ease of use then this speaks to getting a convection vape. Conduction vapes tend to take a while to heat up (need to heat soak the oven) and will continue to cook your herb as they cool off if turned off after a single hit. Also, tends to take a few draws to get them going (which is not unusual with any vape, really).

This speaks directly (to me) to a log vape (Enano, Heat Island, Under Dog, Woodscents, etc). I understand you want "portability" but are no going out and about vaping. So, maybe transportable rather than full portable will do. I.e. log vapes will require plugging in but they can be left on all day, can have very small bowl sizes (.05 g or even less), and work perfectly when just taking a hit and setting the stem aside.

If you can't tolerate needing a plug, then something like the Solo II, which to me is a battery powered log vape, and I'm sure others may come up with more models, may be the trick.

Now as to butane powered vapes: Vapcap (VCs) - I own multiple OG VCs (the glass ones) and a Ti Woody. I have loved VCs and DynaVap since I first came across them a year ago. Personally, I favor my OGs over the Ti Woody but that's a long story and I'm apparently in the minority on this. It is mostly conduction IME but cools very quickly and certainly you can take a hit and set it aside for later without much negative consequence. But I also don't think that they are the universal nut that fits all bolts which is the impression you can get if you read any "what vape to get" threads. LOL The issue here is that I don't really see butane vapes as "easy to use" for a once a week occasional vaporist. You can inadvertently combust, you must be able to hear the click (not easy in the wind, with outdoor noises, or if you are at all hard of hearing), and its a bear to try to heat up one in the wind (I'm sure you can imagine that its even more difficult than lighting a pipe bowl in the wind as you have to keep the heat on longer). I love them, suggest you get one, but not your only vape. Nice cheap addition to something more sophisticated IMO. But, the VC is another around .05 G bowl size vape so there is that.

I have also used the Sticky Bricks OG and Jr. I preferred the Jr and like this vape a lot. But the same caveats apply as its a butane powered vape.

Milaana and MFLB, and other non-regulated vapes: I have no personally used any of these. But they are unregulated which means that your control temp by draw speed, power cycling, etc. These again don't seem to fit the "easy to use" for a once a week occasional vaporist criteria, IMO.

Grasshopper - I own one, I love mine, I have not had a single problem with it. However, even though it comes with a life time warranty, too many people are still having failures and need to RMA their device. If in the USA, not that big a deal, but reliability and robustness issues cause me to only recommend the GH to an experience vaporist who has other vapes in their stables.

SwiftPro/CFV - this might be an idea. Full convection portable. Yeah, the oven size is bigger than you would clear in a one or two draw mini-session, it is full convection, will cool down quickly to preserve your herbs (fairly well), heats up very fast (sub-30 seconds), is small, and takes no technique. Something to consider, perhaps.

On the subject of pre-filled carts, was just in WA state recently and got a chance to buy a cart for the first time. My criteria was all cannabis derived therefore no PG/VG/PEG to thin and all terps used to thin and re-terp needed to be cannabis derived also. I ended up with a Nectar cart which is steel, glass, and I believe a ceramic wick (NOT a fiber wick which was another criteria). I brought my own box mod (variable wattage battery pack) and found it to be excellent for very stealthy occasional draws as I traveled and stayed with family members. It was a bit expensive ($70 for a 1 gram cart) but worked exceedingly well for its intended purpose. The thing is, that although it worked and got me medicated, the effects were a bit flat (common for some concentrates) and all in all I do find flower to have a much more well rounded effect. I like concentrates (off my Liger for example) for power and a load of flower for well-roundness. But that would probably put you under the table. Do buy a cart when in a legal state and try it. My advise is to NOT go cheap....cheap carts have artificial thinners in the product, are made of plastic, and have lousy cotton wicks that taste burnt after a bit.

Best of luck. Hope my random thoughts were useful to you....but keep in mind, this is only one man's opinion and not worth more than that.
I think carts are great for occasional users. They are simple, seem to last for quite some time whether using them or not (couple months anyway), will hit as long (or as short) as you push the button and work well if the juice is well made (and what the label says). My only complaint about them is taste. This seems to be the case with most concentrates, but more so with these IME. I've had good ones and not so good while in legal states, but all of the ones I've got here in a not legal state tasted like ass. In truth, not really too bad if you're taking a hit or 3 every day or few days. You'll get the affects from something the size of a pen that you can pull out for 2 minutes and put away out of site. IME a glass of juice, piece of chocolate or a good mint will overcome the taste pretty easily.

You can get MANY hits out of a cart, but I still think they are more expensive than using flowers in a regular vape. Guess that depends on the vape, but my current regular line-up is pretty efficient (logs, VC, MVT). However, if you can pick up a good supply of refills from a legal state you could be good to go for quite some time without major concerns of storage. The better ones I've seen are in a sealed foil-pack and have an expiration date of a year out. And, if you're not using too much - taking a couple small hits every day or two - the cost difference could be outweighed by simplicity, convenience, and amount required to keep on hand.

I don't know what's available everywhere, but have found a good producer that uses CO2 extraction in the Denver area. EVOLab exclusively uses CO2 extraction and good starting product (not just trim or leftovers). IME their carts are about the same price as others, but better tasting, better mixed, better strain genetics (or feel more like the strains listed are supposed to). They don't sell to public themselves, but can be found in better med & rec dispensaries in CO. They are usually at the cutting edge of concentrate/oil production. More info about them can be found on their website, and I'll be glad to testify none of what is found there is bullshit. Not suggesting there aren't others that are just as good. I'd check out the EVOLabs website and use it as a guide for finding another. What you want, if you can find it, is pure CO2 extraction and no chemicals added for best pen oils IMO. So, a little research may pay off if you're buying elsewhere. Look for CO2 extraction (it's usually a big deal on packaging/promotion) and foil sealed carts. Both/either may add a buck or 2 to your purchase price, but well worth it IMO - especially for someone with little usage and longer storage.

I do kind of worry about the liquids used to make many of them (PG/VG - though EVOLabs and other high end producers use little or none). They are supposed to be safe, but new concerns are popping up about them. E-ciggers (especially those cloud blowers) are using much more of it in a hit than most likely would with a vap-cart in a session or two.

As a few people mentioned above, batts are relatively cheap, and seem to usually be provided for free (especially if you're buying 3 or more carts).

One other thing @DolfLun ... think I read somewhere above you were having problems finding vids on specific vapes. Here are some links to a few mentioned regularly above. Needless to say, I only included those that I think would be a good idea for you. The WoodScents video shows a glass bubbler being used. Not necessary, but can be had for pretty cheap from China and do add to the experience IMO. Once on YouTube, just type a vapes name & "review" in the YT search box.

Nano (start at :50 second mark)

WoodScents - with good view of the titanium tip

VapCap

Thanks a ton, this was a very useful post, I will continue to YT surf.. Must say tho, I still have no idea how the Woodscents works, is it wall powered? What does it need a Vapcap for then? (I'm going to go read up on the FC thread for it)

My problem with plugs is that I will not be vaping in the house, and I typically stand on the porch to smoke. I guess after getting a real vaporizer Wife and I may decide indoors use is ok, but this is definitely not a guarantee so I will need transportable for my first vape.

thanks again for so much quality thought and guidance. Lots of food for thought

DolfLun

Just want to bring up the tubo again. The reason is that among the available battery operated and on demand vapes like milaana and MVT the tubo is regulated with software that is often being updated. It's also great for micro dosing. Many people who have tried it have ended up using it as their primary vape.

You know... I read this thread and the replies maybe 5 times through since posting and my mind skipped over the Tubo as even an option. Not sure why - I went back and noticed it had been said earlier! After some research, it looks great!! Low profile, smart, good for perhaps microdosing. I've reached out to the maker on reddit and look forward to his response :-) This might be a winner for first purchase as I suspect it will be easy to use and perfect. I saw one mention that it was a bit complicated from a menu and tech perspective, but this is my field, I don't expect that area to trip me up.

i'm also strongly considering the Solo 2. I may purchase a Vapcap in addition, and for fun later on a bubbler and something unregulated or a wall powered log vape - but of course so many choices...

DolfLun,

DolfLun

All of you have been so incredible! I feel lucky to have had so many experienced users take my priorities and questions into account with this assistance. I'm going to go spend 2 - 4 more days researching and then I'll post back pics upon arrival! :tup:

Prolusio

Thanks this start bit of info will help, I'm still surprised that a device (and I agree it does) which has this much love, there isn't a single youtube video of a person demonstrating it's parts, use and benefits.

Keep in mind the WS just launched recently this year and there's not many retailers carrying it; not much time or incentive for reviews to get out! There's a thread full of great anecdotes and user reports though ;)

Must say tho, I still have no idea how the Woodscents works, is it wall powered? What does it need a Vapcap for then? (I'm going to go read up on the FC thread for it)

It is a wall powered vaporizer, but it is very small and easy to move. Comes with a dimmer nob to adjust the power to the heater core; which adjusts the temperature. You pack your stem (or vapcap) full of herb, place it on the heater core, then draw. BAM got your vapour!

There is no degree read out you just dial the feel for your preferred temp with some practise. It's very easy! The heat core is all Titanium (a unique feature of the WS logs) so it adjusts to temp changes very quickly; you'll find your sweet spot in a few if not the first bowls.

The WS does not need a Vapcap to operate. But it CAN use one as a stem. You pack the tip of the Vapcap with some herb then place that Ti tip over the heater core of the WS log. The big plus of the WS is each Vapcap you own also becomes a WS stem. Makes it the best log choice (imo) if you have caps or are planning on getting some. It is on the high end of the Log vape cost spectrum... but lifetime warranty, medical grade Ti, and matching stems in exotic hand crafted woods all make the WS well worth it.

If you're concerned with tolerance sounds like you'll be interested in micro dosing; the WS (or any log) excels at this. You can literally take a pinch of herb and get vapour with the WS! The Vapcaps are great for this as well. And as you've mentioned they very accurately mimic the ritual of smoking. The perfect combo IMO would be a WS kit and the Vapcap you think is the prettiest.

I also highly recommend taking the Tubo into consideration. It gives desktop performance in portable form. Customizable unit, on demand session hybrid with consistent software improvements. Removable batteries, easy to pack stems that works well with any amount of herb packed. Can't say enough good things about it! (as you'll soon see in it's thread I'm sure:D)

qPqDujh.jpg

RVP5pJa.jpg

Here I have the stems that come with the WS, and the Ti tip. And on the heater core I just have one of my vapcap stems I wanted to use with a Ti mouthpiecve. I like stems with a carb hole because then you don't need to remove the stem form the heater to get fresh air, but it doesn't really matter. It is not plugged in right now so you can't see any power cord, or the dimmer.

Hopefully that helps make things a little more clear when reading through the threads! Sometimes it's hard absorbing all the info from those sprawling pages of vaping knowledge (especially the VC thread :lol:).

Krazy

I'm a not quite daily user. Im right on the line between micro and small doses. I don't vape in the house.

The click on teh VC. No big deal in a quiet environment, might be a problem otherwise. I vape is a workroom standing by the door. Mountains of NM so we get Grrrr! wind. Standing the other side of the door and wind depending I can't hear the click.

The MFLB was what got me to reexamine the viability of micro dosing. High quality materials, minimalist design, super fast heat time. And it is a sipping vape.

Mr. Me2

you were correct - I meant your grasshopper suggestion. I did look into it and it looks like an interesting fit - tho the device seems to have a reputation for being unreliable/needing service. Has this been your experience?
I've had mine for a year. It did crap out after about 4 months, but it was a fast and painless warranty process. No problems since and it is my daily driver.

There is some history of reliability issues, but that seems to have calmed down on the FC thread recently. I find it interesting that there were a few fc'ers with multiple hoppers and many RMAs. I don't know why they were so unlucky.

I obviously can't give you any guarantees on the gh reliability. But it does come with a lifetime warranty and ghl stands behind its product. I'll say it again... I just LOVE my hopper!

My preferred vaping approach is one-and-done. So I've learned that conduction vapes are not best suited for me. So I keep looking for the next great convection Vape. 2 on the horizon are the Ghost MV-1 and the Nomad (a beautiful handmade vape).

I think you'll discover that you will want/need more than one Vape. Can't wait to hear what you decide on!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I was lucky enough that a friend gifted me their Grasshopper. I use mine almost every day for about 20 min. I really like the ease of use and how well it works with my micro shower water tube. I've had mine almost 3 months. I walked around using it at a park and nobody even noticed. From a distance it looks like an ecig. I live in a legal state.

It's the perfect On Demand vaporizer. As long as you get one without any issues. Things are looking up.

There are still folks having warranty problems but like @Mr. Me2 said the RMAs have slowed down. I have a problem with the company charging the customer to send the unit back if there is a problem that you need to use your warranty. After the customer paying for shipping one time a year that should be sufficient. After that, the company needs to eat the shipping costs IMO.

The lifetime warranty is something that most vaporizer companies don't have. That is a real plus.

Last edited:
Top Bottom