Advanced THC e-Juice / mods / tanks / coils / builds / recipes

Deleted Member 1643

I guess my research skills are shit to say the least. Looks like flavors are to be used at our own risk.

Don't sweat it - do this professionally. Laypeople shouldn't have to do their own toxicological research to feel confident that what they consume isn't killing them, but the e-cig market is still largely unregulated. For now, it does come down to a matter of risk tolerance. Personally, enjoy flavored DIY nic juice every day. Seemed like you were especially concerned about risk, which makes perfect sense for many. (Would have been very interested if the flavors you found were truly low-risk.)

Excellent statement; chemicals are even in the air we breathe. I think I may go back to the drawing board and phase out my use of flavors for no other reason than what you and I both already stated: The FDA has not tested food flavorings for inhalation.

There's an old saying in toxicology - the dose makes the poison. All consumables, even oxygen, have an effective range. Too much of anything could well be toxic. We're a little spoiled with cannabis, which seems to be especially benign.

FIY - FDA generally doesn't test for safety. It administers legislation which sometimes requires manufacturers to test in order to meet some standard. "Generally Recognized as Safe" for food use has a very low bar to meet, which is a subject of some controversy.

Deleted Member 1643,
Reactions: fernand

fernand

Yeah, @Accept, exactly. I remember running into inhalation testing of Ethyl Maltol. The conclusion was that it's OK. It was for one of the tobacco companies. They add Ethyl Maltol to their tobacco dung pile that's going to be burned and inhaled like a fire in a garbage can. A little like like adding strawberry flavoring to your hemlock, or 3 drops of organic vanilla extract to an underground nukular test.

fernand,

Deleted Member 1643

Yeah, @Accept, exactly. I remember running into inhalation testing of Ethyl Maltol. The conclusion was that it's OK. It was for one of the tobacco companies. They add Ethyl Maltol to their tobacco dung pile that's going to be burned and inhaled like a fire in a garbage can. A little like like adding strawberry flavoring to your hemlock, or 3 drops of organic vanilla extract to an underground nukular test.

A few years back, Altria did a comprehensive toxicological survey of additives in combustible cigarettes. Hundreds of inhalation studies, thousands of rats. Most actually lowered the risk of smoking by simple dilution of the toxicants already present in the cigarettes.

Another thing to keep in mind is that cigarettes are flavored, they just don't have "characterizing" flavors, meaning you can't by a cigarette marketed as black cherry flavored, for example. Glycols are also added as humectants. This experience is largely wasted because any hazard from these additives is overwhelmed the tobacco smoke.

Deleted Member 1643,

Island Andy

Don't sweat it - do this professionally. Laypeople shouldn't have to do their own toxicological research to feel confident that what they consume isn't killing them, but the e-cig market is still largely unregulated. For now, it does come down to a matter of risk tolerance. Personally, enjoy flavored DIY nic juice every day. Seemed like you were especially concerned about risk, which makes perfect sense for many. (Would have been very interested if the flavors you found were truly low-risk.)

There's an old saying in toxicology - the dose makes the poison. All consumables, even oxygen, have an effective range. Too much of anything could well be toxic. We're a little spoiled with cannabis, which seems to be especially benign.

FIY - FDA generally doesn't test for safety. It administers legislation which sometimes requires manufacturers to test in order to meet some standard. "Generally Recognized as Safe" for food use has a very low bar to meet, which is a subject of some controversy.
Interesting...Thank You for all your input.

Island Andy,

fernand

The V9 carts are allegedly very good, and run on temp control. Word is they work with even very thick stuff and in TC mode they don't require pre-heating and don't burn anything. I'll know soon.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-5ML-ITSU...ridge-Stainless-Steel-510-Thread/273417328367

A little tank that works really well would be gift from above. I've never liked regular tank RTA atomizer builds for cannabis, in part because cannabis is special, precise, and the big tanks are a bit like drinking really good wine out of a slurpee glass from the 7/11.

That and shoveling precious concentrates. Know what I'm sayin'? If you manage to mix up a good fill for a device, and it's going to taste great and have the right strain's effects, really nice, you really gonna schlep that into a big piece of plumbing? Naw, that's sacrilegious.

Besides, the idea is not to saturate those CB1 receptors, it works better if you don't build up a big tolerance, for the simple reason that our endocannabinoid systems need slack and room to work as a whole, and we're just starting to get an idea of how important that Endocannabinoid system is in being better human beings. I'm not of the holistic lettuce organic aura tribe, but damn! There's an intuitive wisdom to that whole "healing plant" aspect of cannabis, and now, in the lab, it turns out that these CB1 and CB2 receptors really are at a crossroads of how our whole bodies regulate emotional AND immunological health. We're lucky to be able to explore it. So, for me anyway, it's something to savor rather than gulp.

Didn't mean for that to apply to anyone else, really. I'm just thinking this through and "sharing" ... ... whoever invented that .. oy .. I mean the "sharing" thing!? you can say the dumbest most offensive stuff and it's probably OK as long as you're "sharing"? No I guess not right now, "sharing" is no longer the top social attraction.

And "better human beings" are sorely needed. You know, like healthy and strong and compassionate people.

Last edited:
fernand,

fernand

@Accept fer shure! All that prep of the tobacco and you burn it !? That's like building this elaborate funeral pyre, well, not literally, I mean in terms of the fancy preparation for ritual destruction. Cigarettes were cool in movies and black spy novels, too bad they turned out to be so incredibly unhealthy.

This guy, Edward Bernays, managed to get women smoking with a clever campaign. It was in 1929, apparently. He made cigarettes sound like emancipation. Called them "torches of freedom". He even pre-arranged a fake demonstration of women lighting up in the street in New York to show their independence and got it all over the papers. His uncle was Sigmund Freud. He lived to be 103, and was involved up to his eyebrows in countless world situations with his crafty talent for deception. It's fair to say that he did a LOT to saturate the planet with cigarettes. He worked hand in hand with the boss of American Tobacco to put Lucky Strikes on every desk and in every purse. Oh, yeah, for a while the Lucky pack was green, he couldn't convince American Tobacco to change it back then, so he made green the "color fashion of the year" in 1934. Fashion models, fashion shows, a huge ball and reception, and everything was green. Every gown, every shawl, every wall ... green.

He also apparently invented "plausible deniability".

Last edited:
fernand,

CrushnDevour

Hey all,

Just a quick update and findings/questions... Switched completely to vaping concentrates using wax liquidiser, I am combustion free for 25 days and feel great!

I've been using the Veco, 0.5 ceramic SS coils at around 25w and 390-410f. It's been great, I still can't quite believe this works, and how high I can get. I've made a 4:1 and a 5:1 ratio, with some decent shatter, and it's brilliant! High is lovely, think I will stick to 5:1, it's not too weak at all if anything it just wicks better.

Onto the wicking, mine does wick, very slowly, but I've found with this tank, every 4 pulls or so, to open the top cap just slightly, and it releases pressure and s couple of bubbles pop from the coil and it's wicked lovely. Just a quick simple way to ensure its well saturated.

I get 2ml through a coil before black stuff starts seeping from it and turning the rest of the juice in there much darker. I generally change the coil every 2ml, not great but it's cheaper than tobacco and rizzla still!

The tank works best with a fresh coil and topped up above half.

Any thoughts or tips with this tank would be much appreciated! Thanks

CrushnDevour,

fernand

Hello, @CrushnDevour , sounds great, but do you mean 5:1 as in 5 parts "liquidizer" and 1 part concentrate? With an EJ-Mix diluent I was using 1 part EJ-Mix to 4-5 parts concentrate. If the atomizer is reasonably oil-friendly that works, as long as you give it a little time to warm up so it can turn thinner and wick ok. I think if you're getting black stuff build up like that you're probably burning the bacon ;-)

fernand,

CrushnDevour

Hello, @CrushnDevour , sounds great, but do you mean 5:1 as in 5 parts "liquidizer" and 1 part concentrate? With an EJ-Mix diluent I was using 1 part EJ-Mix to 4-5 parts concentrate. If the atomizer is reasonably oil-friendly that works, as long as you give it a little time to warm up so it can turn thinner and wick ok. I think if you're getting black stuff build up like that you're probably burning the bacon ;-)

Yes 5 ml WL to 1g shatter .

I know what your saying, but I've been so careful not to burn the coil out. I figured, from what I read as well, it's inevitable to get the black goo, just wasn't expecting it so quickly . Is it not just remnants of juice being cooked on the coil? I have sacked my setting down considerably, hoping this will probably long the coil a bit longer.

Also, does it not need to be 360f+ in order to release the goodness from the concentrate?

Last edited:
CrushnDevour,

Island Andy

Yes 5 ml WL to 1g shatter .

I know what your saying, but I've been so careful not to burn the coil out. I figured, from what I read as well, it's inevitable to get the black goo, just wasn't expecting it so quickly . Is it not just remnants of juice being cooked on the coil? I have sacked my setting down considerably, hoping this will probably long the coil a bit longer.

Also, does it not need to be 360f+ in order to release the goodness from the concentrate?
The only time I've ever had black goo so quickly is when using shatter that has not been winterized. I would think the reason being that fats and waxes maybe vaporize at higher temps than the good stuff, leaving behind some of the black goo. Just my thoughts.

CrushnDevour

The only time I've ever had black goo so quickly is when using shatter that has not been winterized. I would think the reason being that fats and waxes maybe vaporize at higher temps than the good stuff, leaving behind some of the black goo. Just my thoughts.
I may have a look at winterizing or at least find out the process for making the shatter I'm using.

On another note however, I've kept my setting at 20w and 380f, and although a much much cooler and in some ways, less satisfying hit, the effects are still there and the coil is doing much better, no black goo and I'm 2ml in. Flavour is muted, but I expect that at such low, cool settings.

There's a lot of trial and error here . But winterizing may mean that I can up the temp slightly for that more satisfying feel, but not destroy the coil so quick.

Island Andy

I may have a look at winterizing or at least find out the process for making the shatter I'm using.

On another note however, I've kept my setting at 20w and 380f, and although a much much cooler and in some ways, less satisfying hit, the effects are still there and the coil is doing much better, no black goo and I'm 2ml in. Flavour is muted, but I expect that at such low, cool settings.

There's a lot of trial and error here . But winterizing may mean that I can up the temp slightly for that more satisfying feel, but not destroy the coil so quick.
right on, sounds like a plan. I use my Kayfun 5s on my dicodes dani box set at 26 watts and 390-400f for a perfect lung full with no coughing.

Island Andy,

Island Andy

Winterizing is really easy: Here is where I learned to do it. coloradobudblog.wordpress.com/2014/11/04/how-to-winterizing-bho-dewaxing/
Dispensaries in Detroit are just now starting to get regulated and I've been pulling wax out of shatter labeled as dewaxed for months, so now I just make my own from plant to wax to shatter to oil to brain.

Last edited:
Island Andy,

fernand

Hey @CrushnDevour I have a question. How many tokes do you normally take with your 5:1 Wax Liquidizer to shatter ratio? How many tokes would you take when you were smoking herb?

I still think that black goo after just 0.5g of shatter signaled overheating. People coming from combustion tend to naturally equate thick smoke/vapor with more effects, and it's not true. Even clear vapor can be loaded with actives.

Last edited:
fernand,

BCC

Hi all; my first post here. After doing a lot of reading on these forums and watching a bunch of YouTube videos, I purchased a CCell Palm and some Wax Liquidizer. Mixed it according to the directions using my homemade rosin. Took it on vacation with me and wow, I love this thing. Yes, it uses up the rosin pretty quickly, but that is not a big issue for me.

I thought I'd be using the CCell on the go and my e-nail at home, but I the Palm is so convenient, I'm not sure my e-nail will see much use anymore.

I purchased the Wax Liquidizer sample pack. It is a pretty good deal; 90 mg total/six flavors for $99. So far, I've tried the Lemon (pretty good), the Strawberry (reminds me of Tootsie Pop, but I don't like how artificial it tastes), and Regular (unflavored). I'm looking forward to trying some of the others, but when I run out, I will probably just get the Regular flavor, since my rosin tends to be pretty flavorful on its own.

It seems some people dissolve their rosin in terps without any other additives. I would like to give that a try too. Anyone have experience with that?

When I first got the Palm, the vape shop sold me some empty plastic cartridges. I think they were ceramic, but I can't be sure. I purchased some actual glass CCell carts online. They hit harder and taste better.

I notice that a lot of folks here are using box mods and devices with temperature control. Am I missing out just using the Palm?

BCC,

CrushnDevour

Hey @CrushnDevour I have a question. How many tokes do you normally take with your 5:1 Wax Liquidizer to shatter ratio? How many tokes would you take when you were smoking herb?

I still think that black goo after just 0.5g of shatter signaled overheating. People coming from combustion tend to naturally equate thick smoke/vapor with more effects, and it's not true. Even clear vapor can be loaded with actives.

Hey man,

When I was smoking herb I would smoke anywhere between 10-12 joints a day. King skin, they were mixed with tobacco but I was always told I loaded mine with too much weed (never understood 'too much weed' haha). I considered myself a fairly hardened toker.

With the 5:1 ratio, I start feeling he effects after 2 pulls, but a proper stoned starts coming in at around 10 pulls. I enjoy the vaping part of it as much as the effects, I don't think I would want a one hit wonder, I enjoy the process too much. That being said, I think I will be reducing back to 4 or 4.5 ml per gram, as I tried my friends and that did hit quite hard (3:1 ratio). The effects are still there with more dilutant, just takes more puffs to get it, which is fine as I have more juice at that mix. Less dilutant is less juice, but less hits needed.

Over heating was Def one of the issues, dropped my temp down to 370f and it's lasting much better! But still the same affects. I would prefer it warmer as it gives a more satisfying hit, but can cope fine with it lowered .

CrushnDevour,
Reactions: fernand

Island Andy

Hi all; my first post here. After doing a lot of reading on these forums and watching a bunch of YouTube videos, I purchased a CCell Palm and some Wax Liquidizer. Mixed it according to the directions using my homemade rosin. Took it on vacation with me and wow, I love this thing. Yes, it uses up the rosin pretty quickly, but that is not a big issue for me.

I thought I'd be using the CCell on the go and my e-nail at home, but I the Palm is so convenient, I'm not sure my e-nail will see much use anymore.

I purchased the Wax Liquidizer sample pack. It is a pretty good deal; 90 mg total/six flavors for $99. So far, I've tried the Lemon (pretty good), the Strawberry (reminds me of Tootsie Pop, but I don't like how artificial it tastes), and Regular (unflavored). I'm looking forward to trying some of the others, but when I run out, I will probably just get the Regular flavor, since my rosin tends to be pretty flavorful on its own.

It seems some people dissolve their rosin in terps without any other additives. I would like to give that a try too. Anyone have experience with that?

When I first got the Palm, the vape shop sold me some empty plastic cartridges. I think they were ceramic, but I can't be sure. I purchased some actual glass CCell carts online. They hit harder and taste better.

I notice that a lot of folks here are using box mods and devices with temperature control. Am I missing out just using the Palm?
Hello, I also have a Ccell Palm, but now I only use it when I need to be discreet or when walking and don't want a mod in my pocket. I got tired of the lung restriction, I felt like I was always wrestling to get a satisfying hit. The vapor is more concentrated too which I think is why I cough more with the Palm. I now use a box mod with temp control and an RTA atomiser with Stainless coil wire. The atomisers are nice IMO because I can make a full tank (2mL) using 1 g of shatter (or less if you like) and it lasts one to two weeks. On top of that I like the open airflow; I have it adjusted so that with a whole lung full of air I get a full rich hit with no cough. Yes it's more expensive to get started, but once you're set up, you wind your own coils and make your own wicks which saves money in the long run. I've been combustion free since Jan 1 of this year. :rockon:

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Hello, I also have a Ccell Palm, but now I only use it when I need to be discreet or when walking and don't want a mod in my pocket. I got tired of the lung restriction, I felt like I was always wrestling to get a satisfying hit. The vapor is more concentrated too which I think is why I cough more with the Palm. I now use a box mod with temp control and an RTA atomiser with Stainless coil wire. The atomisers are nice IMO because I can make a full tank (2mL) using 1 g of shatter (or less if you like) and it lasts one to two weeks. On top of that I like the open airflow; I have it adjusted so that with a whole lung full of air I get a full rich hit with no cough. Yes it's more expensive to get started, but once you're set up, you wind your own coils and make your own wicks which saves money in the long run. I've been combustion free since Jan 1 of this year. :rockon:

I really think the Palm's problem is the magnetic ring on the cart.
I tried diff one's and got better air flow.
The ccell works best on a good mod, control the flow of power better.
On a pre-heat battery is 2nd best to mod & the little black original
puff activated pen is even better than the palm, hitwise not talking
stealth & cool factor. Damm mag connector ruins it, I feel anyway.
Best mod if your really into carts & LAYG atty's is the I Stick Pico,
you won't be buying any more dying batteries, lol.

Looks cool with a ccell cart also, small for a full powered 18650 Mod

https://www.fasttech.com/product/4849000

tennisguru1,

Island Andy

The ccell works best on a good mod, control the flow of power better.
On a pre-heat battery is 2nd best to mod & the little black original
puff activated pen is even better than the palm, hitwise not talking
stealth & cool factor. Damm mag connector ruins it, I feel anyway.
Best mod if your really into carts & LAYG atty's is the I Stick Pico,
you won't be buying any more dying batteries, lol.

Looks cool with a ccell cart also, small for a full powered 18650 Mod

https://www.fasttech.com/product/4849000
I have one of those....that color too, lol. great little mod and quite consistent.

Island Andy,

BCC

Thanks for the advice. Will look into it. I have no issue with airflow on the Palm, but it does make me cough. I was assuming that was due to the Wax Liquidizer, but it sounds like maybe the Palm is at fault.

BCC,

BCC

The ones that came with my Palm work well as long as they are on tightly. If it is at all loose, it makes a whistling sound and does not flow. What magnetic ring did you switch to?

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
The ones that came with my Palm work well as long as they are on tightly. If it is at all loose, it makes a whistling sound and does not flow. What magnetic ring did you switch to?

One from my friends Rove worked better, fits diff on diff carts.
I think the Magnets are a Stupid Gimmick that the peeps fell for & it ruins the pull.
Give me a solid screw in connection with top airflow no leaky please & keep the BS gimmick crap.

fernand

AH, yes @tennisguru1 , the little wonder Pico. I just sent back a fake.

They let me keep a Pico Mega that, well, I HAD to get a couple "5000 mAH" piggy 26650s for, it's a stupid combo, heavy and toady. I keep dropping it. Not recommended. The dual 18650 Pico Dual seems silly too. Little 75W Pico, way to go. I can turn it to watts mode in seconds for carts, and various TC mode TCR settings for different atomizer contraptions.

I was vaping 5mg/ml nic e-juice on a Pico in a Chinese restaurant on the sly, but they don't kill you in the Bay Area as long as they don't think you're vaping NICOTINE!!! So, just in case a friendly crowd with torches and pitchforks surrounded our table to say I'm SMOKING, I promptly changed the Pico settings and screwed on an ABX cart. Nyet, comrade, I'm MEDICATING!

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
AH, yes @tennisguru1 , the little wonder Pico. I just sent back a fake.

They let me keep a Pico Mega that, well, I HAD to get a couple "5000 mAH" piggy 26650s for, it's a stupid combo, heavy and toady. I keep dropping it. Not recommended. The dual 18650 Pico Dual seems silly too. Little 75W Pico, way to go. I can turn it to watts mode in seconds for carts, and various TC mode TCR settings for different atomizer contraptions.

I was vaping 5mg/ml nic e-juice on a Pico in a Chinese restaurant on the sly, but they don't kill you in the Bay Area as long as they don't think you're vaping NICOTINE!!! So, just in case a friendly crowd with torches and pitchforks surrounded our table to say I'm SMOKING, I promptly changed the Pico settings and screwed on an ABX cart. Nyet, comrade, I'm MEDICATING!

Are you running AF on Pico?
Only thing no hood, 10 sec cut off.
Like Myevic for 20 sec default/

fernand

No AF yet.
Is there a way to recover if the Pico gets bricked?

Yeah, 10 sec is too short.
Can AF set a different than 10s timeout or is that in the hardware layer?

Top Bottom