• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Advanced THC e-Juice / mods / tanks / coils / builds / recipes

Chinggwow

Hi all. Read through info and decided to.get the vaporesso veco from Vapordna.com

When you buy it offers different coil replacements and wick replacements. Does.anyone know which is best ie .3 or .5ohm ceramic coil. And japanese cotton or platinum mix wick?

Also I want to get a pre made ejuice for simplicity. Anyone object to wax liquidizer?

Thanks for the help
It all comes down to the quality of your product have to say wl is better and not better than others. I use 3 diffrent brands and some work better than another due to the quality of your product you have. Just my 2cents.. check out wax liquidzer post for some info as well

Last edited:
Chinggwow,
Good morning people.

I need your help for the following:
I have a mod box for e-liquids and would like to join some terpenes and cbd or terpenes cbd and concentrates (rosin press). As things I bought are a bit expensive, at least for me, and lack of time to research under conditions, because of the work I wanted your help if possible.
The stuff I have is the following:

1. Gorilla Glue (Cali Terpenes) 1ml / Critical (Cali Terpenes) 1ml
2. OIL Black Leaf Rosin Press
3. Enhances Cbd 99% crystals
4. Hashish
5. Eleaf Invoke 220W with It T
6. Best sellers liquid (70/30)

Ps: I just need to get the filters bags.
I was thinking of buying at rosintechproducts.
Do they know if they are good?

Thanks in advance for your attention!

greetings

N1ghtWalker,

DTLA

It all comes down to the quality of your product have to say wl is better and not better than others. I use 3 diffrent brands and some work better than another due to the quality of your product you have. Just my 2cents.. check out wax liquidzer post for some info as well

Thanks. Will try Strawberry WL. Unless that Shatter batter is better? I just see reddit has alot of complaints about the owner of the SB company..so not sure.

Cant find the vaporesso veco anymore. In searching I.found the veco devil. Anyone.have experience.with it? Seems like the.holes.don't reach the bottom.of tank but there are more.of them. Also.has .6ohm ceramic

Last edited:
DTLA,

CYarbs

DIY Distillate Cartridges

I’ve been lurking on here for a few years now but have never actually posted anything myself, so I figured I’d try and contribute.

Some background:
The idea of a concealed device to vape cannabis (specifically concentrates) has intrigued me since I first heard about them 6 or 7 years ago, and I’ve been hell bent on finding the best device/method ever since.

I’ve had the opportunity to try a number of different products, most of which are LAYG (load as you go) cartridges like the W9Tech KISS carts, Yocan Evolve, G-Pen, and even the W9Tech Hercules (not really LAYG). They work decently, but other than the Hercules, the flavor tends to deteriorate pretty quickly and the coils never last very long. The Hercules is a neat device, but in my opinion it is entirely too difficult to use.

LAYG devices are fine, but I didn’t want to deal with all of that.. So I tried pre-filled cartridges, which at first I wasn’t impressed with, but a couple of years ago I was given a 710 Kingpen cartridge.. and I knew that I had found what I was looking for. The only problem is that they are quite expensive, and difficult to get in a non-legal state, so I went back to the drawing board. I knew what I wanted, but I wasn’t sure how to make it happen.. But after many many hours of reading through these awesome forums and Reddit, and several wasted grams of beautiful shatter from trying to use something nasty like EJMix or Wax Liquidizer.. I think I have something worth sharing.

I’ll just shut up and get to the recipe..
  • Raw Distillate (92% THC)
  • 6% Terpenes (I use ‘Bloom Terpenes’ that I got on eBay. Blue Dream and Lemon Haze)
  • 4% Propylene Glycol (PG)
  • 3% Flavoring (I use concentrated vape juice flavoring. Lemonade, sour candy, green apple, and blueberry)
For example, if you’re mixing 1000mg of Distillate, you’d use:
-60mg Terpenes
-40mg PG
-30mg Flavoring

I use a MG scale to weigh the ingredients as accurately as possible. You can obviously try different ratios of ingredients to match your desired viscosity and flavoring.

I know that several of you are going to be against using PG or artificial flavoring, but the amount used is extremely small.. and I like it.

I mix it all together in a silicone jar (that way I can throw it in the freezer and reclaim anything left in the jar when I’m done) while lightly heating with a hair dryer (a magnetic stirrer/hotplate would be amazing). Once mixed, I typically let it sit for a few hours (overnight is better), then I lightly heat it again, suck it up with a glass syringe, and fill my cartridges. It mixes well and doesn’t separate at all.

As for cartridge choice.. I’ve been using the Vape710 carts from Canada, and they are awesome. They’re reusable, the airflow can’t be beat, and they work great with thick distillate like this stuff. Plus the owner Mark is really helpful. I also have a few ccell cartridges and they’re alright, but the Vape710’s are just better. The Vaporesso Veco seems great as well, but I didn’t want something with that large of a capacity.

The final product is almost identical to the '710 Kingpen' brand prefilled cartridges in both taste and effect. The only difference is the superior Vape710 cartridge.

I was in a rush to get this posted so I apologize if I skipped over anything. I can put together a more detailed post with pictures if people are interested.

Last edited:

Vape Donkey 650

All vape, no smoke please.
Hey all my tank people and coil builders,

It's been a while since I posted here, but that hasn't meant my various tank projects had been at a standstill.

After enjoying great success and enjoyment with the dual 10mm donut and quad 7mm donut builds with the RBA coil on the X-baby tanks, I wanted to do something to keep my many beloved cubis pro mini tanks, which I've continued to use, to be relevant and competitive.

The solution?

Triple 7mm stacked donut coil on the cubis RBA coil! :rockon:

So my original donut coil, the stacked, donut-on-top-of-donut coil, using the default cubis BF coils, drilled with holes in the case for extra oil wicking, had worked effectively and faithfully for me in 4 different tanks with different oils, with both high and low resistance 7mm donuts. Perhaps the main design drawback I noticed is that when the oil level on the tank was lower, 30% or so, and the top donut and wick was dry, vapor production could plummet significantly, and taste could suffer if you repeatedly dry-fire that top donut without swishing the tank to get it wet again. :( So that's why I'm thinking multiple donuts stacked lower at the floor, to be closer to the oil. :sherlock:

My first cubis tank available for this build was my trusty pink / red eleaf pico pair. It has vaped a respectable 5 grams, in 4 refills, of that thick sticky "california sap" co2 oil, and it's tank level was getting very low and the clouds had become pretty wispy on the near-empty tank. I didn't have any more grams of that brand or a similar oil to refill with, so it seemed like a good time to break this one down, clean it and get it ready for the new coil. :nod:

wA9aKmI.jpg

qzzJfGe.jpg

These "RBA" coils for the cubis are a little larger in diameter, and have a screw-open top to give you better access for building. I used this coil case for my first attempt at a cubis-donut build, but using only a single donut, floating high in the middle of the case with a poorly-placed cotton swab, (not really knowing what I was doing at the time) that first build 2 years ago was a failure and a let down...now I know more what to do...

WxvMqqa.jpg

Looks like coil calamari. Just to show you how all the wires are routed before they are cut.
Three of the wires must contact to the outer metal case for the negative current, the other 3 wires go in the middle, to be separated with the silicon plug for the positive flow.

MXGziPd.jpg

Snip snip snip, make sure the negative wires touch the case solidly, the positives in the middle are ready for the plug

2hZyqFV.jpg

And then ready for the metal pin to seal the bottom.

BDIzuDI.jpg

Coil all built and sealed, a side view lets you see how all those donuts are as low to the floor as possible.
A strand of readyXwick stands ready to be inserted. And yes, extra holes are drilled in the metal case, 4 on this one.

Pz007Y0.jpg

The other side. All 3 donuts make a bit of a tilt on 1 side, and the wick shows prominently on the lower side

MsMRPKz.jpg

Loop-de-loop. All ready to test-fire and fill up the tank.

CebliKC.jpg

The vaping contents for this sub-project will be some half gram pucks of a thick, viscous co2 oil "wonder og kush" strain. :suspicious: This had been sitting in my shelf waiting to be vaped for too-long a time, so maybe it was less viscous when it was new? Maybe a chemical reaction with the silicon container thickened it? Perhaps it was this way all along? Who knows? I got to filling it in the syringe.

FRb7an2.jpg

I took the little silicon jar and heated it over my volcano to melt the co2 oil and it took up to my syringe without much trouble. But for the next puck of co2, being so solid, I realized it was just easier to remove the plunger from the syringe, take the solid puck of oil, bend and shape it to insert it whole into the syringe tube, and just fill that way without having to heat the whole jar. I started the fill with 2 0.5g's

py5gB0t.jpg

hdmiQ9W.jpg

Thick stuff, dribble down. I did some more volcano hot-air-blasting on the tank to warm things up and help it settle down.

mF7PrEP.jpg

I fill the tank through just 1 side to minimize oil wasted sticking to the top

bNfjMrl.jpg
UYH7VFL.jpg

All filled! Silicon sleeve removed for this pic

nKFvDe4.jpg

Final coil came in around 0.42Ω with 3 high-resistance donuts. Using 42w, it warms up to temp in under 2 seconds, my standard goal. (it says 12w on the screen as that was last watt output during the last firing)

TCR 245, standard for the small donuts. Temps in the upper 300's made the clouds come instantly with the well-drilled & wicking coil

Clouds were very nice and voluminous to start, :o very smooth and substantial at low temps! :p

The let-down? It didn't taste very good! Tasted like not much at all, a very mild sweet-kushy taste, but just not much there. :shrug: It didn't taste bad, but just not a whole lot of good. Clearly, this is the fault of the (old?) co2 oil I had fed to this new coil. Plenty of smooth, repeat, rapid-fire vapor, just not much flavor on the input material to really let the potent coil shine. :( (I use donuts rather than metal coils primarily for flavor and longevity)

How bout a few more tank pics?

iQF1QuU.jpg

7NYBjvD.jpg

How the oil settled in the tank after a few puffs...

krU1bKI.jpg

3giIKGg.jpg

Peek down the barrel, I see...wet donuts! :D

So I'm declaring this new triple donut cubis coil a success, despite the flavor letdown in the co2 oil I used. :\ It feels like it's making more vapor than the double donut coil, and I think it may be performing better at low tank levels too. After making this coil in early January, I puffed this tank low and re-filled it with my final 2 half-g pucks already, and it was doing well at low fill levels even with this thick oil.

This 3x small donut coil is also more battery and small-mod friendly compared to my bigger x-baby RBA tanks as well. It only takes about 10 amps at the coils, which is fine for a single decent 18650 cell. I'm even logging 120-140 puffs on a full charge, between charges, with a VTC5, not bad!

So I'm just keepin' puffin on this pink triple donut tank, looking forward to it being empty to I can fill it with some better, tasty co2 oil. :evil: And this success has spurned me to plan triple donut coils for some of my other cubi as well.... :sherlock:

Still not tested the TC mode with the Veco and use it at 15w for now, do you have any settings to share for TC use? which is the best mode to use with ceramic (my mod is a Evic Mini)?

Coming back here very late on you PPN, but you can use the pre-set TC-SS mode on your VTC mini and it should work fine on the ceramic coils for the veco. You can try Steven's TCR 140 for a slightly more accurate temp on the screen, also. (Pre-set TC-SS mode is ~120)

Then you want temps in the 400's F (low 200's C?) and about 25-40w max in TC and that should help those little coils fire a little more reliably, without running the risk of overheating the coils and getting burned hits.

2 months later you're probably not even using your veco any more? :D :doh:

Read through info and decided to.get the vaporesso veco from Vapordna.com

When you buy it offers different coil replacements and wick replacements. Does.anyone know which is best ie .3 or .5ohm ceramic coil

Also getting back very late here, but the 0.3 or 0.5 ohm ccells are very similar in performance, but the 0.3 will just use a little more battery. They are essentially the same, the 0.3 only has a thicker SS wire gauge wrapped inside the silica ceramic cylinder, or less loops of it.

I.found the veco devil. Anyone.have experience.with it? Seems like the.holes.don't reach the bottom.of tank but there are more.of them. Also.has .6ohm ceramic

There are more holes on the veco devil, but they are more narrow and restrictive, and all the holes do not reach to the bottom as you note. With the type of thicker fluids that people like us are trying to fill these tanks with, I would expect that to severely limit the performance of this tank with concentrates. The regular veco is already significantly wicking-hole limited, IMO.

I’ve been lurking on here for a few years now but have never actually posted anything myself, so I figured I’d try and contribute.

CYarbs! Nice post to introduce yourself! Great that you have a formula and set-up that works for you.

The one thing I find somewhat odd is how you use PG in your mix, but so little? :huh: Only 4%? With such a small amount maybe you can get by without that? But maybe you've tested enough to know better than me, with the vape710 carts. I've heard good stuff about those. I'm skeptical of leaking with those, with bottom air, but with a thick oil and some luck and discipline, I guess you've managed to avoid that? :tup:

Last edited:

DTLA

Hey all my tank people and coil builders,

It's been a while since I posted here, but that hasn't meant my various tank projects had been at a standstill.

After enjoying great success and enjoyment with the dual 10mm donut and quad 7mm donut builds with the RBA coil on the X-baby tanks, I wanted to do something to keep my many beloved cubis pro mini tanks, which I've continued to use, to be relevant and competitive.

The solution?

Triple 7mm stacked donut coil on the cubis RBA coil! :rockon:

So my original donut coil, the stacked, donut-on-top-of-donut coil, using the default cubis BF coils, drilled with holes in the case for extra oil wicking, had worked effectively and faithfully for me in 4 different tanks with different oils, with both high and low resistance 7mm donuts. Perhaps the main design drawback I noticed is that when the oil level on the tank was lower, 30% or so, and the top donut and wick was dry, vapor production could plummet significantly, and taste could suffer if you repeatedly dry-fire that top donut without swishing the tank to get it wet again. :( So that's why I'm thinking multiple donuts stacked lower at the floor, to be closer to the oil. :sherlock:

My first cubis tank available for this build was my trusty pink / red eleaf pico pair. It has vaped a respectable 5 grams, in 4 refills, of that thick sticky "california sap" co2 oil, and it's tank level was getting very low and the clouds had become pretty wispy on the near-empty tank. I didn't have any more grams of that brand or a similar oil to refill with, so it seemed like a good time to break this one down, clean it and get it ready for the new coil. :nod:

wA9aKmI.jpg

qzzJfGe.jpg

These "RBA" coils for the cubis are a little larger in diameter, and have a screw-open top to give you better access for building. I used this coil case for my first attempt at a cubis-donut build, but using only a single donut, floating high in the middle of the case with a poorly-placed cotton swab, (not really knowing what I was doing at the time) that first build 2 years ago was a failure and a let down...now I know more what to do...

WxvMqqa.jpg

Looks like coil calamari. Just to show you how all the wires are routed before they are cut.
Three of the wires must contact to the outer metal case for the negative current, the other 3 wires go in the middle, to be separated with the silicon plug for the positive flow.

MXGziPd.jpg

Snip snip snip, make sure the negative wires touch the case solidly, the positives in the middle are ready for the plug

2hZyqFV.jpg

And then ready for the metal pin to seal the bottom.

BDIzuDI.jpg

Coil all built and sealed, a side view lets you see how all those donuts are as low to the floor as possible.
A strand of readyXwick stands ready to be inserted. And yes, extra holes are drilled in the metal case, 4 on this one.

Pz007Y0.jpg

The other side. All 3 donuts make a bit of a tilt on 1 side, and the wick shows prominently on the lower side

MsMRPKz.jpg

Loop-de-loop. All ready to test-fire and fill up the tank.

CebliKC.jpg

The vaping contents for this sub-project will be some half gram pucks of a thick, viscous co2 oil "wonder og kush" strain. :suspicious: This had been sitting in my shelf waiting to be vaped for too-long a time, so maybe it was less viscous when it was new? Maybe a chemical reaction with the silicon container thickened it? Perhaps it was this way all along? Who knows? I got to filling it in the syringe.

FRb7an2.jpg

I took the little silicon jar and heated it over my volcano to melt the co2 oil and it took up to my syringe without much trouble. But for the next puck of co2, being so solid, I realized it was just easier to remove the plunger from the syringe, take the solid puck of oil, bend and shape it to insert it whole into the syringe tube, and just fill that way without having to heat the whole jar. I started the fill with 2 0.5g's

py5gB0t.jpg

hdmiQ9W.jpg

Thick stuff, dribble down. I did some more volcano hot-air-blasting on the tank to warm things up and help it settle down.

mF7PrEP.jpg

I fill the tank through just 1 side to minimize oil wasted sticking to the top

bNfjMrl.jpg
UYH7VFL.jpg

All filled! Silicon sleeve removed for this pic

nKFvDe4.jpg

Final coil came in around 0.42Ω with 3 high-resistance donuts. Using 42w, it warms up to temp in under 2 seconds, my standard goal. (it says 12w on the screen as that was last watt output during the last firing)

TCR 245, standard for the small donuts. Temps in the upper 300's made the clouds come instantly with the well-drilled & wicking coil

Clouds were very nice and voluminous to start, :o very smooth and substantial at low temps! :p

The let-down? It didn't taste very good! Tasted like not much at all, a very mild sweet-kushy taste, but just not much there. :shrug: It didn't taste bad, but just not a whole lot of good. Clearly, this is the fault of the (old?) co2 oil I had fed to this new coil. Plenty of smooth, repeat, rapid-fire vapor, just not much flavor on the input material to really let the potent coil shine. :( (I use donuts rather than metal coils primarily for flavor and longevity)

How bout a few more tank pics?

iQF1QuU.jpg

7NYBjvD.jpg

How the oil settled in the tank after a few puffs...

krU1bKI.jpg

3giIKGg.jpg

Peek down the barrel, I see...wet donuts! :D

So I'm declaring this new triple donut cubis coil a success, despite the flavor letdown in the co2 oil I used. :\ It feels like it's making more vapor than the double donut coil, and I think it may be performing better at low tank levels too. After making this coil in early January, I puffed this tank low and re-filled it with my final 2 half-g pucks already, and it was doing well at low fill levels even with this thick oil.

This 3x small donut coil is also more battery and small-mod friendly compared to my bigger x-baby RBA tanks as well. It only takes about 10 amps at the coils, which is fine for a single decent 18650 cell. I'm even logging 120-140 puffs on a full charge, between charges, with a VTC5, not bad!

So I'm just keepin' puffin on this pink triple donut tank, looking forward to it being empty to I can fill it with some better, tasty co2 oil. :evil: And this success has spurned me to plan triple donut coils for some of my other cubi as well.... :sherlock:

Coming back here very late on you PPN, but you can use the pre-set TC-SS mode on your VTC mini and it should work fine on the ceramic coils for the veco. You can try Steven's TCR 140 for a slightly more accurate temp on the screen, also. (Pre-set TC-SS mode is ~120)

Then you want temps in the 400's F (low 200's C?) and about 25-40w max in TC and that should help those little coils fire a little more reliably, without running the risk of overheating the coils and getting burned hits.

Also getting back very late here, but the 0.3 or 0.5 ohm ccells are very similar in performance, but the 0.3 will just use a little more battery. They are essentially the same, the 0.3 only has a thicker SS wire gauge wrapped inside the silica ceramic cylinder, or less loops of it.

There are more holes on the veco devil, but they are more narrow and restrictive, and all the holes do not reach to the bottom as you note. With the type of thicker fluids that people like us are trying to fill these tanks with, I would expect that to severely limit the performance of this tank with concentrates. The regular veco is already significantly wicking-hole limited, IMO.

CYarbs! Nice post to introduce yourself! Great that you have a formula and set-up that works for you.

The one thing I find somewhat odd is how you use PG in your mix, but so little? :huh: Only 4%? With such a small amount maybe you can get by without that? But maybe you've tested enough to know better than me, with the vape710 carts. I've heard good stuff about those. I'm skeptical of leaking with those, with bottom air, but with a thick oil and some luck and discipline, I guess you've managed to avoid that? :tup:

I gave up on the veco a looong time ago;)

Have the best game in town for Wax Liquidizer at the moment - Aspire Skystar with Revvo 3/1 ratio, 35.5W with soft curve. I have it and some other awesome reviews and blog coming in early April! Yay

Would like to test your coils too. Could you also do one you think would play nice with Wax Liquidizer? I'm working on one;)

DTLA,
Reactions: florduh

Vape Donkey 650

Ok tankers.... I have built and put into service another triple 7mm donut RBA coil for the cubis, and it's going great now, better than the first one, with a tastier oil filled on the tank :brow:

I want to get this update out of the way because I have some more updates with the RBA coils for the smok x-baby tank as well. Even though I'm finding the x-baby tanks built with donuts to be slightly more potent and effective and easier to build compared to coils for the cubis pro, (and perhaps a better tank overall) I still want to keep my cubi goin.

Why build coils for the cubis still? It's got a few good things going for it still....

• smaller overall tank size & diameter (22mm vs 24mm for x-baby)
  • doesn't require as much watts & battery to power a decent ceramic build
  • Still one of the few viable, leak-free RTA platforms I know of that can be effectively built with your own donuts & ceramic heaters
  • I still have a bunch of these tanks filled, and extra cubis tanks & parts lying around to keep this line going, so why not?
Note: "cubi" is plural of cubis....cacti, cactus, right?

xpLjVKv.jpg

So of my several cubi I have going, this old tank that I had built around a year ago, and had filled with & vaped up 3 grams of "pure cure" concentrate seems to have run its course. The tank level was pretty low (much lower than the pic above) but it still had some dark stuff clinging to the corners of the glass. This brand of concentrate, at 71% thc, seemed to have been generating more gunk and reclaim compared to my other co2's and distillates. Instead of just re-filling fresh oil into the old, this seemed like a good time for a new, fresh coil and clean tank.

This was one of my first coils I built using the high-resistance 7mm donuts, which proved they work just as fine as the high-resistance, so this old coil being sent into early retirement helped pave the way for this current build in some small sway.

Now back to the current 3x 7mm donut coil: I just showed you guys how to build that in my last post, so no need to repeat that all

I2h1apN.jpg

But the one main difference in how I'm setting up this coil: wick-free

With the first triple donut cubis I set up, I feel like the loop of ceramic readyXwick I put lying on top of the donuts is acting like less of a conduit for oil and more like a dam, and a reclaim sponge, (with that particular type of thick, mid-grade co2 oil I have on that tank) as much as it's acting as functional wick. The good part is that I was getting close to zero splashing with that wicked-build, which was partially my intent with the wick. But I feel that as the wick got crusty, it was also acting to obstruct free oil flow across the coil as my fill level got lower. So I'm going to roll the dice with a wick-free donut this time...

QKvqUhr.jpg

There's a little hole in the case bottom for each donut to ground one of their wires for the negative current

As for the stainless steel little old pico that had been vaping my pure-cure for me, I had re-purposed it for another tank in the meantime, and I'm looking to get rid of some of my picos. I've been enjoying my new eleaf invoke with my Divine Tribe Quartz Quest and a few other atomizers, it's a pretty good mod with twice the batteries and larger screen being barely larger than the pico, so I bought a couple more for this tank project.... stainless with black trim on top right here.

Stainless tank+stainless pico is an easy match, but I just picked up this crinkle black cubis tank to try also, and I have a dilemma, match the stainless or crinkle black tank with the new mod and new coil? :D

x4Oi0bl.jpg

Tuh6cbA.jpg

You can get a nice view of the donuts on the stainless tank

23FZzj2.jpg

But damn...that crinkle black tank looks sharp, matching the black trim on top of the mod :cool:

KsKorQq.jpg

My original stainless cubis, making a strong case though...

MyXg94s.jpg

dpABaGM.jpg

How bout we split the difference? Top part of the black crinkle tank on the bottom half of the stainless tank to match the colors on the new invoke vape? :D Ok, getting silly here, sometimes I overthink these aesthetic issues. We're going with the new crinkle black tank

3FdLZbk.jpg

dVirk7X.jpg

Pure cure, alcohol-extracted, not sure how it's post-processed. Has a very nice taste to start out with, but it tends to degrade and get reclaim-ish and not as good-tasting somewhat more quickly than most other co2 & distillate oils I've tried. But I still have 3 grams of this stuff that I bought over a year ago, so I'm gonna vape it up as best I can still! Then I think I'll be done with this brand and move on. I can still buy more, but they've upped their price alot since, and their product is good, but far from the best for tanks. :shrug:

5LrqoEV.jpg

Where's my customary, open-top, tank being filled with a syringe pic? Forgot to get one this time. Watch my oil dribble down my tank instead. This pure cure has a nice, light, honey-ish consistency at room temp. It flows like a thin co2 oil, much faster than any proper distillate oil.

rahEksq.jpg

No syringe-fill pic, but I do have... a peek-down-the-barrel, oily donut peeper :brow: :cool:

q1ngUv5.jpg

nx3EOqb.jpg

Tank's filled! 1.5 grams of pure cure offered little resistance to settle into place like this. You can see my drilled wicking holes through the amber oil, but the donuts are saturated, not visible...now I'm ready to vape this tank... so how'd it work?

success ! ! ! :clap::science:

This new coil instantly served up thick, chalky, tasty hits at my preferred low temp range of around 370-380F. With all the donuts so close to the oil, easily accessed through the multiple holes, there was no need to prime the coil or wick up & wait.

And contrary to my concerns, the wick-free gamble paid off because this build is showing itself to be spit-free too! :rockon:I even have the air throttle open 2 or 3 / 5 holes open, huffing the drip tip pretty hard, and I haven't gotten any oil bubbles on my lip or tongue at all, after a couple hundred or so puffs! There is no ring of spit oil underneath the drip tip when I pull it out and inspect it, so that's a big relief and success. (going wick-free here)

With so much oil on the tank, the larger coil, and the top-airflow, I was a bit concerned that I could "flood the coil" and draw excess oil into the middle (causing spits) if I stored the mod & tank laying sideways for a prolonged period. I was being guarded about storing it upright, and only letting it sit sideways for several minutes or a few hours at a time, at most, while I was using it, so this could help avoid flooding the coil & spitting maybe. It may be natural for alot of people to want to store their tanks & mods laying on their side when they're not using it, also. But as I have vaped the oil level down some, I have taken to laying this tank on it's side for hours or overnight, to purposefully swish oil across the donuts, and it's helping to re-saturate the donuts and serve up more thick hits when I do this, but still no sptting! Impressive!

BgYhV6g.jpg

Dozens of hits after the initial fill, sideways-lain tank, still going strong!

So, it seems like this triple donut cubis RBA build is quite potent, and gives the x-baby some serious competition. It's hard to quantify tank performance with so many factors, including using different concentrates on different tanks/coils, but I'd estimate the 3x donut cubis is blowing at least 60-70% as hard at peak puff as some of my larger ceramic coils on the X-baby tanks. That's only commensurate with the general level of heater I'm stuffing into the coils, so I can't complain about that. :tup:

Hopefully I'll post some updates about some other new ceramic builds I've been messing with on the X-baby RBA soon enough...

Also, I try to make these long-ass posts to be detailed in a way that can help any of you reading this to make your own donut coils at home if you want. Any of you can feel free to hit me up and ask me about any questions or omissions I may have left out that could help you build these coils. At least one guy that I know of has copied my work and built a quad 7mm donut coil for the x-baby tank, and it seems like he's quite happy with the build, generally matching my good results! Excellent! :)

If this coil building seems too intimidating for you, or too intricate for your abilities, but you still want to try out some of these coils yourself, or you're just too lazy to try building, or to buy all the parts from 3-4 different places, :D you can also reach out to me to build some coils for you also :tup:

tank on, people.....

Last edited:

Deleted Member 1643

Thanks to @florduh's rehabilitation of PEG, decided to whip up a batch of e-juice.:science:

WoTTSU5.jpg

Nic juice on the left, canna on the right in the EHPro Fusion mod. This mod powers two chambers independently, so you can have PEG-PG canna juice in one and 100%VG nic juice in the other.

Ockf4VU.jpg

Credit for this idea goes to @Filhote, many pages back.

Forgot how pleasant his experience can be.

Filhote

Credit for this idea goes to @Filhote, many pages back.
Thanks @Accept
i use the ehpro fusion nearly allday... since we tested here :D . Most oft the time i use my standard concentrate mix with PG/PEG in chamber 1 and 80/20 VG/PG nic juice with 1.5mg nicotine in chamber 2. The coils and diameters depents, but mostly i prefer standard ss316l 22ga with 2.5mm ..may 6 wraps and cottonon bacon "prime" and a 4x ss316l 300 mesh rolls (inside the chamber).
I fire with 22W on camper 1 and 28W on chamber 2. the resistance is 0.2 - 0.8 Ohm.

Filhote,
Reactions: florduh

PPN

Volute of Vapor

I'm not going so fast through devices, I still use my Veco paired with the tiny mod which comes with the Dabstorm 2.0 from Vapefiend. Still work well enough for me and I'm still using my first ceramic heater, vaped around 3-4g of my homemade mix (winterized reclaim,PEg&terps and nic juice), this is my vaping joint (EU style) at work, medicates me rather well but only get through 3-4 puffs per day in average.

Thanks for the TC infos, I will try it for sure!

SmokinOnLaoD

Mo9LX81.jpg

EHa6oLd.jpg

bojDxsU.jpg

lrVKO6a.jpg

I am using a Kanger tech Vola 100W . I got this as a gift and just started vaping and decided to give all of this a shot.

QWET bubble hash+ PG.
Don't know how well I did it or if it was proper. I haven't really been measuring the amount of the material I'm melting into the PG. I just blend 10ml PG with whatever finished product and add 1ml to my tank every morning with flavored juice I normally vape and be good the whole day.

SmokinOnLaoD,

CrushnDevour

Hi all, long time lurker. There has been a lot to read!

Long story short, I gave up smoking cigarettes 2 years ago and switched to a ecig. Im in the UK and general practice when smoking weed is to roll it in a joint with tobacco, and I never managed to give that up though. Evenings were still spent filling my lungs with tobacco/weed joints. And during the day at work etc I would quite happily vape.

The time has come though where I need to stop the smoking all together. I have several vape tanks and am well versed it basic ecig knowledge, so when I found that there are products available to help mix concentrates to use in a vape tank, I started getting excited. I don't really have many other options, to be honest. Concentrates are difficult to obtain where I am and making them is also out of the question in my current situation. However, I have recently sources some shatter, and will get a regular supply, seems decent, got me well and truly baked, quite pricey.

My intentions so far are to mix a gram with either 2ml or 3ml of wax liquidiser, I'm not sure yet. O can handle a smoke but I know this stuff is stronger, and I'm used to smoking it mixed with tobacco. So thinking 3:1 ratio and see how that goes.

I have several tanks, but the one I want to use is the Tobecco Super Mini Tank, with vaporesso cell ss316 coils (they fit it, amazingly!). Using temperature control. I love the little tank and with normal ejuice and it's own cotton coils it works simply and brilliantly, and the original coils last an age! It has bottom airflow, but I've never had it leak on me with the original coils. I don't know if this will be the case with ceramic coils or not? Everyone keeps talking on here about leaking from bottom airflow tanks, is that common purely with THC infused juices?

I'm hoping that will give me a good start anyway, if someone wants to chime in and give me some advice I would appreciate it greatly. It's difficult with the limited resources I have etc.

Thanks

CrushnDevour,

DTLA

Long story short, I gave up smoking cigarettes 2 years ago and switched to a ecig. Im in the UK and general practice when smoking weed is to roll it in a joint with tobacco, and I never managed to give that up though. Evenings were still spent filling my lungs with tobacco/weed joints. And during the day at work etc I would quite happily vape.

The time has come though where I need to stop the smoking all together. I have several vape tanks and am well versed it basic ecig knowledge, so when I found that there are products available to help mix concentrates to use in a vape tank, I started getting excited. I don't really have many other options, to be honest. Concentrates are difficult to obtain where I am and making them is also out of the question in my current situation. However, I have recently sources some shatter, and will get a regular supply, seems decent, got me well and truly baked, quite pricey.

My intentions so far are to mix a gram with either 2ml or 3ml of wax liquidiser, I'm not sure yet. O can handle a smoke but I know this stuff is stronger, and I'm used to smoking it mixed with tobacco. So thinking 3:1 ratio and see how that goes.

I have several tanks, but the one I want to use is the Tobecco Super Mini Tank, with vaporesso cell ss316 coils (they fit it, amazingly!). Using temperature control. I love the little tank and with normal ejuice and it's own cotton coils it works simply and brilliantly, and the original coils last an age! It has bottom airflow, but I've never had it leak on me with the original coils. I don't know if this will be the case with ceramic coils or not? Everyone keeps talking on here about leaking from bottom airflow tanks, is that common purely with THC infused juices?

I'm hoping that will give me a good start anyway, if someone wants to chime in and give me some advice I would appreciate it greatly. It's difficult with the limited resources I have etc.

Thanks

Hi,

Most tanks will not work for full spectrum THC e juice, unfortunately.

I have found one, however. The Uwell Fancier. You can read about it in the "Best Tank for THC/CBD E juice" article here: https://www.waxliquidizer.com/category/happy-vaper

I've got 5 pod systems I'm testing right now, 3 of which are doing an excellent job. I'll have that article soon. The previous Pod article was a first attempt and I wasn't thrilled...so continued searching.

I also have other new tech inbound to me for testing.

Check back and enjoy:)

DTLA,
Reactions: Hogni

Vape Donkey 650

Hey tank people, during my long silence on this thread, I've been happily vaping, refilling, and servicing my ever-expanding fleet of ceramic tanks, and I've made a few atomizers for some friends too. Hopefully I can get around to documenting most of the interesting stuff, tons of pics to dig through, but perhaps I should start with this: an ambitious idea for a new smok RBA build using a new type of ceramic heater

The
quad rod ! ! !

These are the new alumina ceramic heaters used in @divinetribe's Quartz Quest. About 0.5Ω each, they are used to heat a quartz bucket in that case, but since they are made of hard alumina with wire leads soldered in, (just like donuts) not with a metal coil wire inside of a pile of silica like a ccell, (lame) and they also temp control, I figured I had to give them a try for a tank. :sherlock:

The space on the X-baby RBA is tight but the build is straightforward and it helps how the leads for the rods are one on each side, naturally fitting the posts.

Bottom row first
rcr0cj.jpg

2z7o8wn.jpg

2v8pthe.jpg

Then top row

2nlzdkm.jpg

It will take alot more watts than this to make quad rods heat up in an instant; this build will require amp-ish batteries

20q1g75.jpg

Then add readyxwick, not cotton or regular silica, unless you like burned fibers, or silicosis. The wick is critical in conveying the oil from the wicking holes on the floor up to the deck where the rods are. I don't think enough oil will enter the RBA case by itself with no wick

At this point I dry (test) fired the coil and observed normal discharge characteristics on the mod screen (as you should always do with DIY-type builds like these) so I know it's good to fill.

To go with a new type of build, for the filling contents, I wanted to try something new. I kept thinking of the idea @invertedisdead planted in my head a few months back.... distillate + terp sauce

In my earlier builds with the smok x-baby tank, I had no problem running thick distillate besides needing patience to fill the tank. Not only can the terps make my distillate less viscous, but will add plenty of full spectrum, real canna-flavor! :p Not fake-tasting like perfume or processed food additives:puke:

28t9iqh.jpg

So I started with 1g of raw distillate

2zf8uvt.jpg

And I added in about 0.5ml of this "kosher kush" htfse, at a ratio of 2:1, heavier on distillate.

rr4d5c.jpg

I did not want to allow for the possibility of the 2 parts not mixing well if I filled them into the tank separately, so I blended them in a glass jar first. The 2 layers you can see here

2mctx6e.jpg

What a lovely hue it took after stirring with a needle! Smells great too

2m5xik6.jpg

Syringe ready with the final product to fill up the new coil...

ac5phc.jpg

2hdd3zp.jpg

This mix moved into the tank easily at room temp, no extra heat, nearly racing down to the floor. Go terps!

2ely4go.jpg

And quickly settled

anbq06.jpg

153pa0y.jpg

Anticipating the battery demands for this build, I went with a new wismec RX2 20700. This is my first mod with larger batteries, and I'm loving it. It is big, but actually smaller than any dna250c I've seen and even some dna75 boxes! I like the 20700 batteries as well, with 30 amps & 3000mah x 2, it gives me a safe cushion as I draw 30amps to the coil! I tested this build on the 18650 x 2 invoke, and it fired ok, but it was more taxing on the batteries and mod.

The feel & grip of the mod, the button, and the TC function is great with AF. I would recommend it (or the 21700 version) to anyone looking for a serious, ampy mod.

I actually went with 140w, not 125 in the pic. To obtain a usable, accurate TCR figure, I test-dabbed with a rod and also observed it with an IR gun and came up with TCR 140.
nb2gjb.jpg

2428v7q.jpg

Lookin good....

So how did it work? :huh:

whldlh.jpg

After initial puffs...a huge bubble just popped :D

:o amazing!!!:brow:.....(but with one problem!):bang:

I started getting clouds around 350-360F, and at 370-380F, I was getting lung-stuffing yet smooth, easy clouds from short (3-6 seconds) draws! :spliff: The taste of the kosher kush HTE was so luscious and strong also, even for being old terps! I took about 15 or 20 puffs over the course of several minutes, and I felt like I was hitting myself with sledgehammer blows of kush! :whoa: I was getting super blown away like i hadn't been in a quite a while, and I found myself pacing around in existential crisis mode "damn i'm high" :uhoh: :ko: haha

The initial potency and cloud production on the quad rod seemed much greater than even my quad 7mm donut coils, maybe double the cloud volume with equal smoothness and taste.

But what was that one problem? Splashing! :cuss: (arg) :rant:

The first few cautious puffs were perfect, but as I got more greedy, and the contents of the tank warmed up, I puffed harder and pulled a fine spray of oil bubbles onto my lip and the drip tip. :doh: If I puffed moderately, this was avoided. But if I puffed real hard, I got even moar oil splits! :cry: Closing the air throttle helped, but you still had to avoid fast-draw puffs. I eventually adapted to a "MTL" or cigar-like draw on this quad rod tank to reliably avoid spits, and the problem receded even more as the oil level on the tank got lower. But it was almost always possible to induce a spit by puffing hard, and this is unacceptable to me.

The success and potency of this build encouraged me, and I had an idea to stop the spits: a top layer of anti-splash wick, like on my quad donut builds. I don't know why I didn't think of this before I started?:shrug: Damn, well I vaped this tank down to empty so I can clean it, break it down & add that top wick...next time?

Last edited:

Vape Donkey 650

So that quad rod project got started 4 months ago as I look as the date taken on those pics...dam...it will take me forever to catch up on tank projects here at the speed I write :\

But if I can pivot for a minute...I have been setting up some people with ceramic donut tanks too. Here's my friend @looney2nz' potent lineup of 510 vapes, tank or load-as-you-go.

j6l5wl.jpg

The classic DTV3 donut on the left, which is the inspiration and key part supplier to my tank project.

Next, the evic with the cubis pro mini is loaded up with CBD co2 oil :p with one of my new triple donut RBA coils

2nd from right, his new eleaf invoke 220w, dual 18650, with one of my trusty, quad 7mm donut RBAs on a purple x-baby tank with 'stiizy' distillate (bold color choice)

These quad donuts at about 0.3-0.4Ω will even fire on a single, strong 18650, I've tested them on some VTC mini's as well. (60-80 puffs per charge?) But 2 cells will give you more life and help you fire at high watts with less abuse

And on the right, another evic, with the DT-QQ, the parts source of my new ceramic rod tank RBAs :tup: (that one can get sticky if you don't wipe it often)

I sent him a triple 7mm donut RBA for the cubis earlier, and I was so embarrassed when it wasn't firing right and the Ω on the coil was higher when he installed it than when I sent it. :bang:

It should have been around 0.53Ω but showed up as 0.7Ω. This led me to believe one of the wire leads for a donut had broken contact with the metal casing on the coil, breaking the - current and partially shorting it. :( Major bummer, being that I even test-fired it first, and had success using the same method building three different triple donut coils on cubis tanks myself.

But I used the mistake to think of a better way to build these 3x donut RBAs, by tucking in all the wire leads firmly into the silicon gasket instead of having the negative leads loosely contact the metal casing. (hope to show this in a future post) It's much harder to assemble, but it worked, and after scraping up & recovering the oil (sorry again :D) looney is all set up with my latest cubis build, puffing strong! :tup:

Hey there, welcome to the FC's. Wanting to give up smoking and switch to vaping is a noble pursuit, so good luck with that, however you achieve it. Your familiarity with e-cig is a good knowledge base, and means your body is used to vaping glycerin fluids. But as you have only shatter available to you in the UK (i've never heard of co2 oil or distillate being widely available out there) I'd challenge you to re-examine your assumptions: why tank?

shatters can be liquidized and vaped in a tank, but it's much more complicated and less effective than simply breaking it off in little shards and vaping them one at a time, with load-as-you-go atomizers like the DTV3 or QQ pictured above, or many other worthy 510 vapes. If you want to dab on the go and can be bothered to load up a little dot of oil whilst about in public and even manage to wipe it clean after each load, you may be very happy. If that seems like too much fuss, or you just really want the convenience of a tank, then you can go the solvent route too. That's not what I'm in to, and solvents are not necessary for me to vape concentrates on a tank, but there is plenty of info and people here to help you with that.

Thanks

The diy / alumina ceramic builds aside, some of the vaporesso offerings would probably be what I would use if didn't know how or didn't want to make my own. I've used their ccells in different tanks before, and been frustrated by leak-downs on bottom airflow tanks. The top-air veco takes care of the leaks pretty much, but requires too much of a minimal oil level on the tank to use (it won't vape "down to the last drop" or even close)

You might check out the vaporesso drizzle tank if you don't mind a restrictive MTL draw. 'The best cartridge for distillate' thread has pretty much degenerated into an all out lovefest for the drizzle now, as if it's the only good option out there. :| It seems good in how it supposedly can work well with a low oil level too, and also can work in TC modes, is leak resistant, and you can even change coils without touching the juice / oil in the tank too. Not bad. I've been tempted to try one out just out of curiosity, but restrictive air is a turn-off to me, plus I have way too many tanks going right now, and knowing it's 'just another ccell' I can't imagine it will taste that great.

6367401-7.jpg

If you're ok with smaller tanks, you might also check out the itsuwa liberty v9 tanks. They're cheap and small, but they can even run in temp control too, won't leak out on you with top air, and they vape decently with the generic, industry-standard ccell heater.

s-l300.jpg

And just if anyone reading this thinks so, there is no such thing as an "authentic" ccell :rolleyes: ccell is just a generic phrase for a hollow, porous, soft silica ceramic cylinder with a metal lead wire coiled inside that ceramic, with lots of exposed surface for the metal coil to directly contact your oil. They can vape decently, but also impart a noticeable metallic aftertaste, which is absent when using alumina ceramic heaters with solders instead. :2c: Their porous nature tends to foul flavor with reclaim more quickly over long term use, also.

Just because a company prints "ccell" on their tank or claims "authentic" doesn't make them own it or make theirs better. These little heaters are being churned out by the tens of millions in the same chinese factories and sent out to all manufacturers. Some tanks use the coils better than others, but don't be a sucker for exclusive, hollow marketing phrases. Now some company just needs to make a tank with alumina heaters for concentrates already! :(

@DTLA , I wonder how those tanks & coils I sent worked out for you? If I recall, you were having some difficulties setting it up on your dna mod, experiencing some spitting, but you were really enjoying the flavor?

I wonder if my ceramic donut & rod builds are more likely to spit oil with WL & solvent / glycerin type mixes as opposed to the co2 & distillate oils that I use them with, since your stuff can get so much more runny.

I can see you stay busy testing so much different gear, but it would be great to get some feedback! And you're the guy to help out @CrushnDevour if he needs help with WL ;)

Last edited:

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
Geez man, you're already working on the next one... it sounds good too.
As I retire and gift the VTwo Mini's and Cubis Mini's (gotta replace the readywick for the previous atomizers), should I look at this Wismec rather than the Invoke?
I've got the 2nd SMOK tank waiting (I'm LOVING the 1st one), just saving my pennies :) I'm thinking I will at least need a larger external battery charger, and if the larger cells require it, something that is compatible with them as well.
30A in the palm of your hand, pretty mind boggling. The Stiiizy stuff is CO2 oil, not distillate... one of the few that passed muster with our Instagram friend. I put GDP in the SMOK tank, and used Honey Vape CBD in the Cubis Mini tank, also passed muster with external testing.
Last I heard PopNaturals was supposed to be awaiting certification on their new manufacturing facility, I hope that happens soon... I liked and bought a LOT of their product.
I figured Purple was appropriate for that tank since I like to use purples so much :)
I tried to get their green tank, but they were out :(
@divinetribe tried to get your card in the shot, kinda washed out a bit :)
@Vape Donkey 650, yeah, bust me on the shot when I DIDN'T have it clean... gotta get some of that fine steel wool too. But aside from the occasional burn-off, the precision q-tips with some organic everclear do a fairly quick job of it. Previous ones I used the 91% ISO, I think the Source can process ISO, right? (I've collected the used qtips, as there is a LOT of cannabinoids left in the oil)

Last edited:

TomBstoned

0511180205b_zpsaojpeyyq.jpg
0510182254a_zpsscydpeic.jpg
Vape Donkey, prolly me that sent best cart for distillate in that direction. Obviously shoulda started a new thread.
The drizzle is awesome! Uses same 1.3Ω Ccell coil that work excellent.
Where do you get the donut coils? Fasttech?
Couple drizzle pics.. Filled and partly used and empty. Amazing how low they can go. I did wollow out the bottom of the oil holes so there's no lip. It dosent leak, and yes, coils can be changed with zero mess!

Vape Donkey 650

Vape Donkey, prolly me that sent best cart for distillate in that direction. Obviously shoulda started a new thread.
The drizzle is awesome! Uses same 1.3Ω Ccell coil that work excellent.
Couple drizzle pics.. Filled and partly used and empty. Amazing how low they can go. I did wollow out the bottom of the oil holes so there's no lip. It dosent leak, and yes, coils can be changed with zero mess!

Hi Tom, nice to have you with us, no worry on the drizzle love-fest on that other thread over there. :D It is relevant to that topic, obviously; you don't have to start a new thread but welcome to if you want. The topics and conversation on these sub-forums aren't tightly controlled and are pretty free-wheeling. People get distracted and off-topic all the time, and the same questions and answers (and mistakes) are often repeated in many threads / places on this FC forum. I think alot of people can avoid mistakes & problems if stuff was more organized, but it's also incumbent on people to do a little research sometimes instead of expecting all the best answers to be delivered to them on a platter, at their request.

But OTOH, when you have some threads dozens+ pages long, with lots of irrelevant messages & old info, I understand why people may be deterred?

Anyways...drizzle! I did see your pics, right on for posting that, it shows well how low your oil can go.

Can you even get clouds at the lower oil level, or is that dry? That's about as low as my SMOK RBA's will go, (I'll vape mine to even a little lower) but lesser cloud production and gradually drier wicks occur when you try to vape with oil that low, so I usually refill before that point.

Also, you say you lightly grinded / opened up the sharp corners on the outer, metal chimney on the drizzle tank? To help the oil flow to the inside, where the coil is, more easily? Interesting...quite bold. Where you able to achieve clouds with low oil levels in your pic also before you smoothed out the big holes?

I just want to caution you, you do not want to drill new holes in the metal chimney of the drizzle tank (or veco tank) because you will break open the jacket to the air path, allowing your oil to get in the airflow which is supposed to be separate, and it will allow oil to leak into the bottom of the airflow path, underneath the coil. I found this out the hard way with my failed attempt at drilling a hole in the veco. Since the top-airflow path and position of the atomizer coil is pretty much the same on these 2 tanks, I think you would have the same fatal problem if you did add holes. (glad you didn't repeat my mistake here)

Where do you get the donut coils? Fasttech?

I get my donuts from divine tribe (ineedhemp.com) They can also be bought at "fat daddy vapes" but only DT has also the larger 10 & 13mm donuts, as well as the new, proprietary ceramic rods. I've also seen you can get alumina ceramic donuts (and TONS of different interesting sizes & shapes) in BULK thru many vendors on alibaba...directly from the factories in china! But they usually make you buy at least 1,000 or so pieces, minimum :( And the payment / shipping / negotiation process seems complicated and opaque, so I haven't tried that yet...but you would get a much better deal potentially if anyone wants to go in on a 1,000 pack of donuts with me and split em up :lol: :rolleyes:

5146100-2.jpg

No donuts at fasttech....but I did come across these interesting (alumina) ceramic cylinders. Bigger than DT's ceramic rods, the size on these look like they will barely fit in my larger cubis RBAs, probably the smok x-baby RBA as well, but I don't think they have an ideal shape / size for that tank? Gotta test fit to see....:sherlock:

They have solders, supposedly tungsten leads, and can be TC'd, so I have some coming in for yet another experimental tank RBA....:\

That leads me to the last thing I want to drop on you now, Tom...
temp control! :D

I see you're using an old 50w eleaf mod, that's a little better than an un-regulated vape pen, perhaps, but not much. Even with the proper watt setting, it could be possible to overheat your coils and get harsh, burned hits if you take puffs too long, and it's easier to get dry hits.

Do yourself a huge favor and get yourself a TC mod, brother! It works vastly better than watts mode, better flavor, longer atomizer lifespan, smoother feeling clouds, dry hits aren't as bad. It's really easy to set up, also. Just click a few buttons initially, setting 3 different parameters when you start, (TC wire type / mode, watts, and temperature) and after that it's just click and puff, consistency!

Geez man, you're already working on the next one... it sounds good too.
As I retire and gift the VTwo Mini's and Cubis Mini's (gotta replace the readywick for the previous atomizers), should I look at this Wismec rather than the Invoke?
I've got the 2nd SMOK tank waiting (I'm LOVING the 1st one), just saving my pennies :) I'm thinking I will at least need a larger external battery charger, and if the larger cells require it, something that is compatible with them as well.
30A in the palm of your hand, pretty mind boggling.

Yea, just about any idea for a ceramic atomizer for a tank that might seem feasible or hold novelty over my existing successful builds, I can't help but to try building it & filling it with oil. There's a few more builds I want to show here if I get around to it....glad to see you're enjoying the new big smok tank & RBA. When you get a little more time & experience gathered with it, it will be interesting to see you compare it to your cubis donut coils, the new and old ones. :hmm:

As for the wismec RX2 mod, it is pretty nice, and if you are looking for a bigger mod to replace the vtwo mini, more for around the house maybe, and you don't mind a little heft and weight, the RX2 20 or 21700 could be good for you. (the color choices are a bit weird though, brown looked best to me, whatever) The eleaf invoke is a pretty nice mod also, I think you'll agree? But that one emphasizes small size & compactness, even though it still packs 2 18650s in just about the smallest case possible. Unless you're foolhardy to want to try out that quad rod :evil:I don't think your vaping needs really require dual 20700 batteries, but they sure don't hurt. :shrug:Not really needing 30 amp CDR x 2, you can also get 4250 mah, ~18 amp CDR batteries, times two, it's still plenty enough amps for most any atomizer you'd pair with it, and 8500mah could last you for daaaays, even with the hungry QQ.

Good thought on the charger...my nitecore D2 charger i use for 18650s simply will not fit the 20700 cells. I also have a xtar VC2 which seems to allow the larger batteries to slide in there, but I haven't tried charging in there. I just charge thru the RX2 mod. I'm skeptical of in-mod 2 amp charging because it can get the CPU and cells pretty hot, but with AF, you can limit charging to 0.5, 1, 1.5 or 2 amps on mods that support it. I set to 1.5a (750 mah per cell) charge and it gets a bit hot, but not too much. (sometimes i cool the mod with a fan as I charge :D)

The Stiiizy stuff is CO2 oil, not distillate... I put GDP in the SMOK tank, and used Honey Vape CBD in the Cubis Mini tank, also passed muster with external testing.
Last I heard PopNaturals was supposed to be awaiting certification on their new manufacturing facility, I hope that happens soon... I liked and bought a LOT of their product.

@Vape Donkey 650, yeah, bust me on the shot when I DIDN'T have it clean... gotta get some of that fine steel wool too. But aside from the occasional burn-off, the precision q-tips with some organic everclear do a fairly quick job of it. Previous ones I used the 91% ISO, I think the Source can process ISO, right? (I've collected the used qtips, as there is a LOT of cannabinoids left in the oil)

Hmm, from their website, stiizy claims they have distillate? With 80%+ potency and those light hues, it looks like distillate to me. (co2 distillate? :uhh: I still don't know the exact difference?) But as long as it works good in the tank, it's clean, and it gets you medicated, that's what matters!

Up north here lately, I've only been able to source "jetty extracts" for full-spectrum, runny CBD extracts, around 65% with 5 or 4:1 thc, about $50/g, pretty good.

The pop naturals were nice, and ahead of their day with some of their labeling / testing, but some of their co2's potency was not up to current standards. I had a few of their old syringes that were only about 55-60% cannabinoids, left a little extra residue on the LAYG donut. :\ It would be nice to see them back in the market, hopefully with 70%+ potent products soon! Competition is good, and I think our state market is in risk of becoming captured by a limited oligopoly for certain cannabis products. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

Yea, you got busted on the reclaimed' QQ shot. :D It's not hard to keep clean, really. I've been trying too hard to get the last marginal puff too much, getting a dark crusty in the middle almost every time. Maybe I should sacrifice that last puff for easy swabbing.

Can the source process iso? IDK what you mean, but I do believe you can get some use out of those old q-tip swabs, somehow...:shrug:

Last edited:

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
Hi Tom, nice to have you with us, no worry on the drizzle love-fest on that other thread over there. :D It is relevant to that topic, obviously; you don't have to start a new thread but welcome to if you want. The topics and conversation on these sub-forums aren't tightly controlled and are pretty free-wheeling. People get distracted and off-topic all the time, and the same questions and answers (and mistakes) are often repeated in many threads / places on this FC forum. I think alot of people can avoid mistakes & problems if stuff was more organized, but it's also incumbent on people to do a little research sometimes instead of expecting all the best answers to be delivered to them on a platter, at their request.

But OTOH, when you have some threads dozens+ pages long, with lots of irrelevant messages & old info, I understand why people may be deterred?

Anyways...drizzle! I did see your pics, right on for posting that, it shows well how low your oil can go.

Can you even get clouds at the lower oil level, or is that dry? That's about as low as my SMOK RBA's will go, (I'll vape mine to even a little lower) but lesser cloud production and gradually drier wicks occur when you try to vape with oil that low, so I usually refill before that point.

Also, you say you lightly grinded / opened up the sharp corners on the outer, metal chimney on the drizzle tank? To help the oil flow to the inside, where the coil is, more easily? Interesting...quite bold. Where you able to achieve clouds with low oil levels in your pic also before you smoothed out the big holes?

I just want to caution you, you do not want to drill new holes in the metal chimney of the drizzle tank (or veco tank) because you will break open the jacket to the air path, allowing your oil to get in the airflow which is supposed to be separate, and it will allow oil to leak into the bottom of the airflow path, underneath the coil. I found this out the hard way with my failed attempt at drilling a hole in the veco. Since the top-airflow path and position of the atomizer coil is pretty much the same on these 2 tanks, I think you would have the same fatal problem if you did add holes. (glad you didn't repeat my mistake here)

I get my donuts from divine tribe (ineedhemp.com) They can also be bought at "fat daddy vapes" but only DT has also the larger 10 & 13mm donuts, as well as the new, proprietary ceramic rods. I've also seen you can get alumina ceramic donuts (and TONS of different interesting sizes & shapes) in BULK thru many vendors on alibaba...directly from the factories in china! But they usually make you buy at least 1,000 or so pieces, minimum :( And the payment / shipping / negotiation process seems complicated and opaque, so I haven't tried that yet...but you would get a much better deal potentially if anyone wants to go in on a 1,000 pack of donuts with me and split em up :lol: :rolleyes:

5146100-2.jpg

No donuts at fasttech....but I did come across these interesting (alumina) ceramic cylinders. Bigger than DT's ceramic rods, the size on these look like they will barely fit in my larger cubis RBAs, probably the smok x-baby RBA as well, but I don't think they have an ideal shape / size for that tank? Gotta test fit to see....:sherlock:

They have solders, supposedly tungsten leads, and can be TC'd, so I have some coming in for yet another experimental tank RBA....:\

I see you're using an old 50w eleaf mod, that's a little better than an un-regulated vape pen, perhaps, but not much. Even with the proper watt setting, it could be possible to overheat your coils and get harsh, burned hits if you take puffs too long, and it's easier to get dry hits.

Do yourself a huge favor and get yourself a TC mod, brother! It works vastly better than watts mode, better flavor, longer atomizer lifespan, smoother feeling clouds, dry hits aren't as bad. It's really easy to set up, also. Just click a few buttons initially, setting 3 different parameters when you start, (TC wire type / mode, watts, and temperature) and after that it's just click and puff, consistency!

Yea, just about any idea for a ceramic atomizer for a tank that might seem feasible or hold novelty over my existing successful builds, I can't help but to try building it & filling it with oil. There's a few more builds I want to show here if I get around to it....glad to see you're enjoying the new big smok tank & RBA. When you get a little more time & experience gathered with it, it will be interesting to see you compare it to your cubis donut coils, the new and old ones. :hmm:

As for the wismec RX2 mod, it is pretty nice, and if you are looking for a bigger mod to replace the vtwo mini, more for around the house maybe, and you don't mind a little heft and weight, the RX2 20 or 21700 could be good for you. (the color choices are a bit weird though, brown looked best to me, whatever) The eleaf invoke is a pretty nice mod also, I think you'll agree? But that one emphasizes small size & compactness, even though it still packs 2 18650s in just about the smallest case possible. Unless you're foolhardy to want to try out that quad rod :evil:I don't think your vaping needs really require dual 20700 batteries, but they sure don't hurt. :shrug:Not really needing 30 amp CDR x 2, you can also get 4250 mah, ~18 amp CDR batteries, times two, it's still plenty enough amps for most any atomizer you'd pair with it, and 8500mah could last you for daaaays, even with the hungry QQ.

Good thought on the charger...my nitecore D2 charger i use for 18650s simply will not fit the 20700 cells. I also have a xtar VC2 which seems to allow the larger batteries to slide in there, but I haven't tried charging in there. I just charge thru the RX2 mod. I'm skeptical of in-mod 2 amp charging because it can get the CPU and cells pretty hot, but with AF, you can limit charging to 0.5, 1, 1.5 or 2 amps on mods that support it. I set to 1.5a (750 mah per cell) charge and it gets a bit hot, but not too much. (sometimes i cool the mod with a fan as I charge :D)

Hmm, from their website, stiizy claims they have distillate? With 80%+ potency and those light hues, it looks like distillate to me. (co2 distillate? :uhh: I still don't know the exact difference?) But as long as it works good in the tank, it's clean, and it gets you medicated, that's what matters!

Up north here lately, I've only been able to source "jetty extracts" for full-spectrum, runny CBD extracts, around 65% with 5 or 4:1 thc, about $50/g, pretty good.

The pop naturals were nice, and ahead of their day with some of their labeling / testing, but some of their co2's potency was not up to current standards. I had a few of their old syringes that were only about 55-60% cannabinoids, left a little extra residue on the LAYG donut. :\ It would be nice to see them back in the market, hopefully with 70%+ potent products soon! Competition is good, and I think our state market is in risk of becoming captured by a limited oligopoly for certain cannabis products. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

Yea, you got busted on the reclaimed' QQ shot. :D It's not hard to keep clean, really. I've been trying too hard to get the last marginal puff too much, getting a dark crusty in the middle almost every time. Maybe I should sacrifice that last puff for easy swabbing.

Can the source process iso? IDK what you mean, but I do believe you can get some use out of those old q-tip swabs, somehow...:shrug:

working backwards :)

The Source, the ethanol based vacuum assisted concentrate system (there is a large thread here on FC), worth looking at. Wash all those q-tips, reclaim it, make concentrate... bet it will be GOOD too :)

PopNaturals stuff was a bit lower overall, because he blended fully decarb'd with non-decarb'd (with terpenes), I didn't find that out until much later, but I liked the quality and 'feel' of most of the concentrate I bought from them. I'm looking forward to them re-emerging.

Honey Vape is good (clean), I have some of their CBD in the tank, they have a BUNCH of strains available, but the place I've been building a new relationship with hasn't been able to get it yet.

I think I sent you this, but just in case: according to our instagram friend (DatDude41510), the following are CO2/Distillate tested clean by an independent 3rd party (this guy has been paying out of pocket! there is a LONG list of companies that have failed!):
Honey Vape
Interstate 710
Jetty
NativStiiizy

Live Resin/Rosin/Sauce: Raw Garden!!! (made with certified clean green organic grows!!!)

PopNaturals (awaiting new manufacturing facility certification)

not sure about these... California Dab Company?
Care By Design? (I'd used a lot of their product when PopNaturals became scarce)
Naked THC?

check out the posts, lab tests galore, I think SC Labs is no longer taking 'private' clients now because he's making their bigger client look BAD). https://www.instagram.com/p/Bjknj9IhgO-/?taken-by=datdude41510

TomBstoned

5146100-2.jpg

Nope. Its empty. Just showing how low it can be vaped. I just took a tiny grinding wheel and took the lip off. It wouldn't go that low otherwise. But it's less than a 1/16" I removed. Definitely wouldnt drill more holes in the chimney. Its top air flow. Air path is where the holes aren't. TC. I have 2 dna200s and a dna133. Just worked so well on that little guy, or eleaf 20w. And it's small. I'll put it on temp control sometime. I had every intention when I got it. I just really didnt need to. Devine tribe...ofcourse! Ty! Did I answer everything? Vape donkey, your posts look amazing! I'm not as proficient using fc! Your coils look freaking awesome. I'm sure they work amazing! I have xwick already!

Vape Donkey 650

Ok, as implicitly promised, let me finish telling the story of the quad rod atomizer, what I did to address the earlier spitting problems, my results and general conclusions, but if you're impatient:

• Adding an extra row of anti-splash wicking on top of the rods did help to lower oil spitting alot, but not entirely
  • Adding extra anti-splash wick restricted airflow coming out of the RBA, but still allowed enough flow for rich, MTL-style hits
  • Spitting was still possible to induce by intentionally puffing too hard
  • The entire atomizer, tank, and mod get pretty hot with sustained use (~10 hits in 3 minutes?) more so than my other tanks, but not quite excessively so
  • Don't over-fill your large tanks like this, it may induce terrible oil-splashing spray puffs instead of vapor on large atomizers like this

So if you didn't skip to the end or want to see all the details / pics along the way, here we go:

2hy7zpe.jpg

db0pj.jpg

sl4odf.jpg

So after vaping only about 2.5-3ml of my oil (not alot of usage to break down by my standards) the rods and wick looked like they are in pretty good shape still, not very crusty or darkened at all. I was impressed to see the oil seemed to have no problem climbing the wick to move up the top pair of rods as well. I wasn't sure if alot of oil would go that high, but it did, apparently, so all 4 rods were contributing somewhat equally to vaping.

Inside the top metal cap for the RBA, just a little bit of oil around the edges, not so much. I scraped up and recovered what I could.

112etg4.jpg

I removed the RBA from the base of the tank and soaked it good in alcohol, changing the alcohol as it got dark a few times till it's pretty clear, rinse it with h2o, and let it air dry. Then I plug it back into the mod, (same Ω, good) and I "soft burn" it clean, by dry-firing it in TC mode up to 500-600F (not glowing red). Most but not all of the little bits of crusty lines were removed. What's left doesn't bother me.

I left the readyxwicks right as they lay throughout this process. If you do want to red hot burn your donuts / rods clean to really make them white again, make sure you remove the wicks first.

108ir9g.jpg

At this point, I might have made a minor error: I cut a short strand of the biggest, 4mm readyxwick in order to stuff it in the cavity between the rods and posts, supposedly to help stop oil splashing? I found out it's pretty hard to cut the 2.7mm or 4mm bigger readyxwicks in small lengths, it tends to unravel into its' skinnier, constituent woven threads. Stuffing it into the cavity only made it more a mess. IDK if this actually helped to stop splashing, or just acted as a magnet, or pool for oil to collect, to make more splashing? :huh:

2myn8qo.jpg

But this, more successfully cut & laid short piece of 2.7mm readyxwick, will be instrumental in keeping the oil inside the RBA, as I would later confirm.

1z14ow8.jpg

So cap that thing down already, I'm ready to fill it. With the quad rods sitting tall in the deck, and the wick on top, it's a tight fit (little clearance) between the wick and cap for the RBA.

25jujhj.jpg

2j2ahae.jpg

Skipping more oil jar & syringe pics, same tasty mix of distillate & HTFSE leftover from the first test, I eagerly filled up the tank. But can anyone call out my FATAL ERROR that I committed here?

OVER-FILLED TANK! :o :bang: :cry:

You can't see any air at all in the glass on my tank here, and that was a big mistake. As soon as I started trying to draw puffs on this, the super-vacuum suction into the wicking slots, from the lack of air in the tank, aided by the substantial heat from this hearty build, over-loaded and completely flooded my RBA coil & deck right away. :( It was shooting either large hot bubbles or a steady, fine oily mist onto the mouthpiece and my teeth / lips. Trying any possible position on the air throttle, on unreasonably, high, hot temps would not stop the spraying. It wouldn't even make any vapor at all! Just oil spits. This was highly frustrating & humbling. :cuss:

fo0lco.jpg

This is how it looked after several attempted puffs. A large volume of oil was just heated and spit thru the top, no vapor. The whole tank, coil and oil got very warm, and the splashing made the top airflow section of the tank soaked & sticky with oil. It got so bad, that when I tilted the tank, oil actually seeped out from the top airflow vents. :o I guess you might call that a "leak" but what I just forced into this tank I wouldn't call "normal operating parameters" - user error you might say. :\

embarrassed, but not yet ready to give up, I broke open the tank, collected alot of oil back into my jar, and gave everything a good soak in isopropyl yet again. :rolleyes: The foolish over-filling, and perhaps the sloppy jumble of wick in the bottom floor / middle of the RBA deck were the mistakes I made. And I was ready to try again and to avoid those mistakes after I got everything clean again....

2mwfjgy.jpg

Very same RBA, rods and wick. No messy jumble of frayed 4mm wick on the floor this time. Just a short piece of 2.7mm.

awdi0j.jpg

Cap it up, yet again...

vr7jph.jpg

And this time, I cautiously filled only a small amount to start... I filled about 1ml of my mix into the tank this time. Just enough to cover all 4 wicking holes on the floor and be a little higher than that when it all settled....

Started puffing again, and a large portion of that oil in the tank instantly got sucked up to the inside of the RBA, onto the wicks (thems some hungry wicks) and...success?? :suspicious: :D Yes!

Drawing at a restrained speed, I was pulling some very nice, thick, tasty clouds, :p in the range of 370-380F. However, with the added wad of wick on top, the airflow felt a bit restricted coming out of the RBA coil, which felt like it was dampening the cloud production somewhat. :( (15-20% less?)

But the good part is how I was able to draw dozens of puffs, and I had pulled no oil bubbles, spits or sprays! :clap:

So finally, I was able to simply sit back & enjoy puffing on this quad rod build! :cool:

Nearly all of the oil filled on that glass disappeared after that first successful 'session' so I promptly re-filled it (no pic here, but I did not overfill this time, not even close) and the cloud production actually went up a little. Having a little extra air pressure & gravity pushing oil into the wicking holes, rather than having them scavenge & suck up oil from the floor, really helps this RBA deck stay well fed & saturated.

So the downsides?

It was finally a success, but not perfect:
  • Quad rod + anti-splash wick could still splash if you puff too hard. Much less than my 1st attempt without splash guard, but still possible. When I pass it to my e-cig toking friends without telling them about it first, they would puff hard by default and pull a little spray :uhoh: (can't blame them really)

• The whole tank, glass, coil, and top part of the mod get pretty hot with rapid-fire use. Mod cpu gets to 120F pretty quickly with 10-15 hits or so. This is not extreme, but much more heat than is generated by my more modest builds

• More "back-flow" or darkened oil exiting from inside the RBA & wicks and re-mixing with the lighter colored oil in the glass & tank. All of my tanks do this to a small extent, but quad rod did it the most

• Battery hog still; at a bare minimum, you need 2 strong 18650s for this build. 2 larger batteries or more than 2 18650s recommended

• I was logging about 120-140 puffs per charge. Not bad, 140w considered, but not that great for 6000mah also!

Last edited:

Vape Donkey 650

Ugghh... I was trying to get that all into 1 post, but over 10,000 characters as usual. :rolleyes: Idk if I was 10 letters over or 1,000 so I just break it into 2 posts and carry on....:\

efhs9i.jpg

Here's how much splash oil accumulated underneath my drip tip adapter week after 1 week of "normal use" . Much of that splashing is probably from my friends. I later put a small, mesh screen on the top of the chimney here, underneath my drip tip, and this took care of the splashing reaching your lips pretty much. Oil collects on the screen, but you can reclaim that oil and you must change the screen once in a while. Better than hitting your lip still.

v5g0bd.jpg

The rest of the pics earlier above are 2-4 months ago, but this is my 3rd fillup on this coil once I finally got it right, just last week. The layer of old, darker oil on the bottom can clearly be seen distinct from the fresh, light oil on top

2zptbus.jpg

And then take a puff, mix' em up
2cpxrhe.jpg

And one more....

I know many of you may look at this and think that's pretty gross, I don't want that. I wouldn't blame you for thinking that. It was actually vaping very nice & fresh & tasty with the refill. (and not bad right before the re-fill, at low oil level too) Maybe 80% of the original freshness was restored? :D

So this ended up being a pretty fun, functional, powerful build for a tank....a wild ride...:brow:

:huh: but should you build it? :huh:

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend it.:shrug:Even though this coil did produce some of the thickest, most satisfying vapor I ever huffed from a tank, this build did seem to be a bit sensitive & temperamental with the heat & spitting potential. The spitting was brought "under control" but never fully eliminated, which I did not like. The radiant heat generated from the ceramic rods, while not ruining the oil on my tank, was more harsh than my smaller builds. And compared to the very substantial clouds I was already enjoying from my quad donut (and also, spoiler: dual rod RBA!) it just seemed like this quad rod wasn't worth the trouble. :shrug:

But hey, if you're really determined to build one of the most powerful, cloud-potential tank builds that can still make civilized, smooth vapor, as some sort of cackling, mad-vape RTA scientist :science:...this is one the best ideas I've come up with so far. :lol:

But really, quad rod ended up as a mere, potent novelty, to be enjoyed but phased out. When vaped down to empty again, I'm planning on switching this one to dual rods, to be more reasonable, as I've already proven the more modest, dual ceramic rod build on another X-baby RBA already. :evil: For the next update?

Nope. Its empty. Just showing how low it can be vaped. I just took a tiny grinding wheel and took the lip off. It wouldn't go that low otherwise. But it's less than a 1/16" I removed. Definitely wouldnt drill more holes in the chimney. Its top air flow. Air path is where the holes aren't. TC. I have 2 dna200s and a dna133. Just worked so well on that little guy, or eleaf 20w. And it's small. I'll put it on temp control sometime. I had every intention when I got it. I just really didnt need to. Devine tribe...ofcourse! Ty! Did I answer everything? Vape donkey, your posts look amazing! I'm not as proficient using fc! Your coils look freaking awesome. I'm sure they work amazing! I have xwick already!

So the low oil level in your pic is about where you stop puffing, or where it might start to dry puff. (not bad)

But if you didn't smooth out the edges on the big wicking holes like you did, you wouldn't be able to puff your tank to an oil level that low? (not as good :()

If that's the case, it seems the drizzle is about as good / bad on it's minimum, necessary oil fill level as is the vaporesso veco tank, to which it is very similar.

2ntzg41.jpg

I put 1g of co2 oil on this veco, and enjoyed a few dozen pretty good, yet inconsistent clouds. But after this pic, the cloud production gradually declined, even though as much as maybe 400-500mg of oil was still stuck inbetween the glass and chimney? :doh: I didn't like that, and the flavor was only good (not great) so that led me to try the failed hole-adding experiment, which ruined this tank and made me go back to my cubis tanks. :) So it seems like the drizzle is a downsized, MTL version of the veco, that works a little better with low oil level?

That's good you didn't have to try that silly idea of drilling holes to see it was a bad idea like I did. :tup: Cool you got some DNA mods as well, my bad to presume you didn't know about TC or want to run TC mode :D I guess your old eleaf mod in the pic threw me off.

With the drizzle ccells @ 1.3Ω, I'm not sure if you can TC those on the older DNA mods? Many TC mods that are a couple years or older only TC coils up to 1.0Ω. The newer DNA 75/250 chips, and any mod that can run arcticfox can TC coils (of the right metal, like SS) up to 1.5Ω, and I've confirmed that with little tanks like the liberty V9. :nod:

True, you don't "need" TC for your drizzle tank; perhaps you're not as sensitive-throated as I am. :uhoh: I also don't vape nic juice too. But I bet you'll find the vapor quality can be better & more consistent with TC over watts mode, especially if you like to take big, long drags & push your gear to the limit without combusting or dry hits.

Thanks for the kind words too, comments like that keep me going here on FC. It's exhausting but also fulfilling in a weird sense after these long ass posts? :huh: Vaping & making RTA coils is a hobby, sucking up alot of my free time, so I feel a weird sense of obligation to put it out here, in this obscure little corner of our inter-tubes, since I'm unaware of anyone else doing something like this?:huh:

If you're handy with building coils, you got a sense of ohm's law, and you feel hungry for even moar good! out of your concentrate tanks, I'd encourage you to give a donut tank a try. :tup:

Last edited:

TomBstoned

Ugghh... I was trying to get that all into 1 post, but over 10,000 characters as usual. :rolleyes: Idk if I was 10 letters over or 1,000 so I just break it into 2 posts and carry on....:\

efhs9i.jpg

Here's how much splash oil accumulated underneath my drip tip adapter week after 1 week of "normal use" . Much of that splashing is probably from my friends. I later put a small, mesh screen on the top of the chimney here, underneath my drip tip, and this took care of the splashing reaching your lips pretty much. Oil collects on the screen, but you can reclaim that oil and you must change the screen once in a while. Better than hitting your lip still.

v5g0bd.jpg

The rest of the pics earlier above are 2-4 months ago, but this is my 3rd fillup on this coil once I finally got it right, just last week. The layer of old, darker oil on the bottom can clearly be seen distinct from the fresh, light oil on top

2zptbus.jpg

And then take a puff, mix' em up
2cpxrhe.jpg

And one more....

I know many of you may look at this and think that's pretty gross, I don't want that. I wouldn't blame you for thinking that. It was actually vaping very nice & fresh & tasty with the refill. (and not bad right before the re-fill, at low oil level too) Maybe 80% of the original freshness was restored? :D

So this ended up being a pretty fun, functional, powerful build for a tank....a wild ride...:brow:

:huh: but should you build it? :huh:

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend it.:shrug:Even though this coil did produce some of the thickest, most satisfying vapor I ever huffed from a tank, this build did seem to be a bit sensitive & temperamental with the heat & spitting potential. The spitting was brought "under control" but never fully eliminated, which I did not like. The radiant heat generated from the ceramic rods, while not ruining the oil on my tank, was more harsh than my smaller builds. And compared to the very substantial clouds I was already enjoying from my quad donut (and also, spoiler: dual rod RBA!) it just seemed like this quad rod wasn't worth the trouble. :shrug:

But hey, if you're really determined to build one of the most powerful, cloud-potential tank builds that can still make civilized, smooth vapor, as some sort of cackling, mad-vape RTA scientist :science:...this is one the best ideas I've come up with so far. :lol:

But really, quad rod ended up as a mere, potent novelty, to be enjoyed but phased out. When vaped down to empty again, I'm planning on switching this one to dual rods, to be more reasonable, as I've already proven the more modest, dual ceramic rod build on another X-baby RBA already. :evil: For the next update?

So the low oil level in your pic is about where you stop puffing, or where it might start to dry puff. (not bad)

But if you didn't smooth out the edges on the big wicking holes like you did, you wouldn't be able to puff your tank to an oil level that low? (not as good :()

If that's the case, it seems the drizzle is about as good / bad on it's minimum, necessary oil fill level as is the vaporesso veco tank, to which it is very similar.

2ntzg41.jpg

I put 1g of co2 oil on this veco, and enjoyed a few dozen pretty good, yet inconsistent clouds. But after this pic, the cloud production gradually declined, even though as much as maybe 400-500mg of oil was still stuck inbetween the glass and chimney? :doh: I didn't like that, and the flavor was only good (not great) so that led me to try the failed hole-adding experiment, which ruined this tank and made me go back to my cubis tanks. :) So it seems like the drizzle is a downsized, MTL version of the veco, that works a little better with low oil level?

That's good you didn't have to try that silly idea of drilling holes to see it was a bad idea like I did. :tup: Cool you got some DNA mods as well, my bad to presume you didn't know about TC or want to run TC mode :D I guess your old eleaf mod in the pic threw me off.

With the drizzle ccells @ 1.3Ω, I'm not sure if you can TC those on the older DNA mods? Many TC mods that are a couple years or older only TC coils up to 1.0Ω. The newer DNA 75/250 chips, and any mod that can run arcticfox can TC coils (of the right metal, like SS) up to 1.5Ω, and I've confirmed that with little tanks like the liberty V9. :nod:

True, you don't "need" TC for your drizzle tank; perhaps you're not as sensitive-throated as I am. :uhoh: I also don't vape nic juice too. But I bet you'll find the vapor quality can be better & more consistent with TC over watts mode, especially if you like to take big, long drags & push your gear to the limit without combusting or dry hits.

Thanks for the kind words too, comments like that keep me going here on FC. It's exhausting but also fulfilling in a weird sense after these long ass posts? :huh: Vaping & making RTA coils is a hobby, sucking up alot of my free time, so I feel a weird sense of obligation to put it out here, in this obscure little corner of our inter-tubes, since I'm unaware of anyone else doing something like this?:huh:

If you're handy with building coils, you got a sense of ohm's law, and you feel hungry for even moar good! out of your concentrate tanks, I'd encourage you to give a donut tank a try. :tup:
Man, I LOVE your posts! I diy a lot of stuff. Reason I have the xwick. I just don't think subΩ is necessary for concentrate. TC is a must for subΩ and concentrate tho.imo I use tc always with ejuice. Your correct about older DNA chips not working with higher Ω so I didn't try. My shitty state isn't medical:bang:so conservative is a little more important, and I'm kinda over experimenting. The builds you make look amazing and I'm sure the work awesome. I have a veco. I didn't like the fact it needed refilled with a lot in it. And the space between the chimney and coil is large. Fine for eliquid. Not fine for concentrate.imo the drizzle has very little room between the coil and chimney. Its 18mm and 1.8ml veco is 22mm and 2ml. The drizzle is taller and skinnier. Better for concentrates, imo. Its basicially a Ccell cart, but a tank. Uses the same coil as Ccell carts, but replaceable and a very quality construction. I realize this thread is for advanced diy and coil builds. The drizzle is for anyone that wants a tank that will very effectively and easily vape concentrates at a thinner viscosity or thicker. It's an eliquid tank, so it works strait out the box with thinner viscosity, but uses their Ccell cart coil and can take very thick oil too. Ccell carts ALWAYS leaked with thinner viscosity. Drizzle it taf, and you can turn off the airflow almost completely. Only drawback is you can't buy just the tank. The supplied battery is to powerful for thick concentrate. Only learning curve is what power to use with the viscosity your using. It just works. Empty pic shown has about .1ml left. I'm usually refilling with a canna derived terp/bho mix and prefer to not have a lot on the tank when refilled. 5 pack of coils is $6 and change super easy and clean. Not much room between coil and chimney and it's all vaped out when the tank is empty.Tc could be used on a mod with a tcr function I believe, but I gave my rx200s to a friend. Basicially the driz is very efficient and effective and user friendly. Sorry for the long post about a non advanced tank.

Top Bottom