Advanced jar curing

kellya86

Herb gardener...
That seems a bit chillie for my liking. I wouldn't be happy with that.

I may be completely wrong and it may all be fine. But I'm sure that when iv let my herb get that cold in the jar before, water definitely started to condensate inside the jar. Boveda will help combat this.

But for peace of mind I would keep my herb In my house. In a safe.

Weed is supposed to relieve stress, not add to it. Do yourself a favour and keep your weed at a constant room temp and stop worrying.

TeeJay1952

Three shelf dresser.
Top shelf - 14 mini jars of current stable.
Middle shelf - 20 jars of various strains that need to be lid popped twice a week.
Bottom shelf - 16 jars that need to be popped every day. Get moved to middle as room permits.

I am finishing a Bubba strain this morning that is so Tangy and dank it would be impossible to describe....except I just did.

harmless healing

That's a healthy selection teejay. Wish mine would compare. Guessing the ones that need to be opened once a day are just a bit damper than the nugs opened twice a week?

I someday hope to have built up a selection like this. Jealously ain't even the word

harmless healing,

TeeJay1952

I get to cackle and touch My Precious. It takes 3 minutes to do it all. I do before morning shower. I am retired and it is WHAT I do.

TeeJay1952,
Reactions: Squiby

MinnBobber

@TeeJay1952. That sounds like alot of effort. Why not just stick boveda in the jars and save yourself the hassle?
Boveda is not designed to skip the first steps after harvesting, initial drying period, and initial jar storage where you burp burp burp it. Once the herb is past intensive burping and close to final rH target, then Bovedas work their magic---

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I was assuming that the drying stage had been completed if he is burping twice a week.

kellya86,

TeeJay1952

You perceive burping as a negative thing. I feel it is more like Scrooge McDuck diving into swimming pool of gold and cash.

TeeJay1952,
Reactions: kellya86

kellya86

Herb gardener...
No don't get me wrong. I don't see burping as negative. I have always burped. It's only recently iv moved to boveda in search of the perfect cure.

I am a busy person, between work and kids and home improvements, I could easily forget to burp and end up with mould. I am finding the boveda to be very good so far.

I am trying to figure out if the boveda will draw excessive moisture slower than burping, therefore giving a better cure and more potent herb.

I still burp my jars quickly once every 2 weeks with the boveda for the first 6 weeks after the dry.

kellya86,

harmless healing

bought a mini fridge that has accurate temp readout from 8-18C had originally just bought for concentrates but had a thought that I could possible find a sweet spot and keep both in there. What's the thoughts on herb in a wine cooler? I know it's helped the consistency of my concentrates. Not had long enough to notice possible longer storage.

Namaste

harmless healing,
Reactions: grokit
Top Bottom