• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Advanced E-cig users and oil/wax, how-to "one-hitter-quitter"

Ninja_Dude

So I got a few things I wanna share with you guys idk if this stuff was already posted guess I could search it or comb tons of pages, lol. But I'm not going to.
So first off checkout
http://www.technicalglass.com
You can order quartz crystal rods the 2-3mm are super handy and easy to cut (take not the slightest etching or cracking will split when heated)
I've been curious about their fritted disk also it seems like I could make a huge skillet by coiling around or on a 10mm disk.

Another thing I just found not to long ago and I'm planning on ordering are some of the www.sourcevape.com
They have titanium tc nails
Triple quartz crystal rods atomizer
And some sweet bubbler attatchments
source-10-29-0547_6ad29ba7-fdcc-4d3d-8d24-989ef56973c1.jpg

i-csRc8xn-XL_1024x1024.jpg

i-JzFFndc-XL_1024x1024.jpg

Ninja_Dude,

Hoosier

So I got a few things I wanna share with you guys idk if this stuff was already posted guess I could search it or comb tons of pages, lol. But I'm not going to.
So first off checkout
You can order quartz crystal rods the 2-3mm are super handy and easy to cut (take not the slightest etching or cracking will split when heated)
I've been curious about their fritted disk also it seems like I could make a huge skillet by coiling around or on a 10mm disk.

Another thing I just found not to long ago and I'm planning on ordering are some of the www.sourcevape.com

fyi- from my experience, that source nail is about the worst portable erig device on the market right now... the ceramic heating elements are very, very fragile and the overall design is inferior to the devices like the errlmod/kt 510nail (which is the same as the dabado bolt m or the dr dabber boost mobile, but cheaper)

MySega

fyi- from my experience, that source nail is about the worst portable erig device on the market right now... the ceramic heating elements are very, very fragile and the overall design is inferior to the devices like the errlmod/kt 510nail (which is the same as the dabado bolt m or the dr dabber boost mobile, but cheaper)

of which you can get on dhgate for even cheaper

MySega,

Ninja_Dude

Just built a stovetop jig and wrapped up a coil for my hannya rda tested it with some e-juice rips like a champ.i plan on breaking it in tonight. Any good alternatives to cotton? Besides threading the wire through silica. Reading out at 0.5 22G kanthal
DSC_0228_zpsn3lq2ykf.jpg

DSC_0226_zpsfwlajd5m.jpg

DSC_0227_zpsvt9cdos9.jpg

DSC_0229_zpshgxci8sn.jpg

Ninja_Dude,
Reactions: 2clicker

Hoosier

Good to know! Cheers, I'm usually leary buying Chinese ti nails. Can't troll dhgate enough tho
Personally, At this point I wouldn't buy a 510nail of any variety on dhgate, only because they tend to have a high failure rate. Good luck getting a replacement atomizer from a dhgate seller. On the other hand, edabs and Errlmod have both been awesome at keeping me running and honoring the warranty. Greenlight and source, not so much.

Ninja_Dude

Personally, At this point I wouldn't buy a 510nail of any variety on dhgate, only because they tend to have a high failure rate. Good luck getting a replacement atomizer from a dhgate seller. On the other hand, edabs and Errlmod have both been awesome at keeping me running and honoring the warranty. Greenlight and source, not so much.
I'll have to check Em out I don't really use enails ever just cause of the restricted airflow otherwise I can usually rebuild just about anything

Ninja_Dude,
Reactions: Hoosier

Ninja_Dude

This is a concept I've been toying with and it actual ended up working better with a dual set up but I don't have a pic. Accidently busted a ceramic cup trying to put in a chalice build in. So I modded it
DSC_0113_zpsjh8492nk.jpg

Ninja_Dude

Found this a week or so ago going to order on asap it's dual post but convertible to postless and has airflow on the side and top
mutation-x-v5-660x330.jpg

As well as one of these fishbone plus with the ceramic deck
AT299-2.jpg

Ninja_Dude,
Reactions: 2clicker

Farid

So I've been using a velocity clone and a VTC mini, and it's been treating me great.

I was wondering if anybody knows of an RDA that has a very wide and tall build area? Like 1.5'?

Thanks.

Farid,

Ninja_Dude

There's not alot of tall rda's especially since the past year mini rda have been trending. Here's a few that I could think of
So horney rda
Newest-Top-Vape-So-Horney-Rda-Atomizer-510-Thread-Coil-Replaceable-Copper-electrode-airflow-control-PK.jpg_640x640.jpg

Rofvape dac
2016-Rofvape-Mini-Size-RDA-DAC-Dual.jpg_640x640.jpg

Rampage rda
maxresdefault.jpg

So I've been using a velocity clone and a VTC mini, and it's been treating me great.

I was wondering if anybody knows of an RDA that has a very wide and tall build area? Like 1.5'?

Thanks.

I think you might have better luck getting on building an rta, if you get on fast tech you can choose a base for an rta that is compatible with kayfun parts ie silverplay, kayfun monster, Orchid, Russian 91%, kayfun v1-v4
Then you'll wanna find rta Tank pieces that you can stack to a desired height you could also do the with the 30mm kayfun attachment
These come in almost any material and color
4185100-1.jpg

Farid

I'm experimenting with a build that uses a reservoir of oil. It's a design I came up with that I want to test. Basically there's a glass tube of oil that sits in a coil that heats up to a temperature which can melt the oil, but not vape it. Then there would be a regular coil, which would heat to vaping temperature. Air flow and the pressure inside the atomizer would be balanced so that sucking hard would pull oil out of the tube onto the red hot coil, but sucking lightly would just pull vapor. Hard to describe, but on paper it doesn't seem impossible. Only one way to find out.

Basically I'm trying to come up with a self loading design that doesn't vape a huge volume of oil at a time, doesn't require you to pack a large quantity at a time, and can be easily reloaded with prefilled tubes of oil.

Ninja_Dude

Oooo I like it. It'd gimme something to do with all these lil tunes of wax I keep getting. You should sketch it up and post it

Ninja_Dude,

Ninja_Dude

So first off checkout

source-10-29-0547_6ad29ba7-fdcc-4d3d-8d24-989ef56973c1.jpg

So Ive done a crap load of research an I still think I'm going to buy these just cause they all look simple to rebuild (npthing compared to early pro tanks)

Ninja_Dude,

2clicker

Observer
I'm experimenting with a build that uses a reservoir of oil. It's a design I came up with that I want to test. Basically there's a glass tube of oil that sits in a coil that heats up to a temperature which can melt the oil, but not vape it. Then there would be a regular coil, which would heat to vaping temperature. Air flow and the pressure inside the atomizer would be balanced so that sucking hard would pull oil out of the tube onto the red hot coil, but sucking lightly would just pull vapor. Hard to describe, but on paper it doesn't seem impossible. Only one way to find out.

Basically I'm trying to come up with a self loading design that doesn't vape a huge volume of oil at a time, doesn't require you to pack a large quantity at a time, and can be easily reloaded with prefilled tubes of oil.

interested to see what you come up with!

my Goon RDA should be here any day. ill get the post trimmed up and post some pics. ended up getting the 22mm version to hack into. the rafale x 24mm is large. every build ive thrown at it had room to spare. so if the posts are spread far enough apart a 22mm deck should work for just about anything.

Ninja_Dude

Got me think could I just could around a borosilicate tube full of wax and just stuff the ends with ekowool?

Ninja_Dude,

2clicker

Observer
Got me think could I just could around a borosilicate tube full of wax and just stuff the ends with ekowool?

if im understanding you correctly you want to wrap wire around the outside of a small boro tube. then put ekowool on one end of the tube, fill the tube with oil, then put ekowool on the other end...? is that right?

2clicker,

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
So quartz rod wicks are the latest thing? Sorry; late to the party here.
Quartz rod =/= wicks. They are solid, non absorptive, they do not have any wicking ability. You could use a wick, or you could use a quartz rod. When oils are vaporized, then are repelled due to heat output from the wire, the wickless design won't have the same flavor as one that feeds oils to the heater continuously.

wrigleyvillain

A Song of Ice and Vapor
Well "wick" is used loosely here. I really mean the "thing one wraps the coil around". I guess I don't fully get how (well) this works either as the ceramic rods, for example, are porous and the material melts into it.

2clicker

Observer
i find having the wire do both jobs of wicking and heating to be ideal.

ive tried a lot of wicks and while they can work great they are just another piece to have to clean.

i should add that they are best suited for those who dont want to worry about loading often. but also know that comes with flavor loss. if you build a rig to vape one dab atta time youll get a much more flavorful experience.

wrigleyvillain

A Song of Ice and Vapor
Ok thanks. Small dab at a time then? If there are any pics posted here already would love to see but don't go out of your way for me.

wrigleyvillain,
Top Bottom