Advanced E-cig users and oil/wax, how-to "one-hitter-quitter"

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
i forgot to ask you, what the hell is that thing? im not familiar with it
Yep it is a portable enail which is basically a very thin titanium (?) Nail over a ceramic rod....kinda like the naked tip of a soldering iorn. It hits hard as shit though and it would be dope if it was built on a atomizer to make it more portable

cg5071

interesting... i dont have any PG, but i do have Liquidizer ejmix of which is a PG/VG blend. i suppose this would work as well.

does the SS mesh look covered in carbon? so you know its ready or do you just know its done after 4 or 5 "burn ins"?

suppose i finally have to buy a proper torch. and an RBA/RDA. does anyone offer a mini RBA/RDA? something like the size of a protank mini?
I know this is old and I have just a small exp. With this but the premix ejuice maker seems a waste. Just buy vg from riteaod or pg/vg either or at your pharmacy. A pint or was it quart for 12$

rick simpson oil is the sht. RUN FROM THE CURE doc shows how oil is being used o fight cancer and working! taste is nothing of good wax cause it is decarboxalated which requires a lot of heat which in turns kills a lot of terpenoids. great healing powers ive seen for my own eyes
exactly.RSO would taste horrible on any atty probably. It has a ton of plant matter in it. It works great for eating.

this is trolley a work of art! love it but damn those health stones r expensive! im assuming the fish bubble stone would work fine as well?
ioffer dot com has cheaper "health" stones. Still lava or ceramic but cheaper.

Well. Went ahead and pulled the trigger on my order from fasttech. They go on holiday on the 25th so hopefully they will get my order shipped by then. But probably not.

Didn't order batteries from there though. What is the cheapest online source for batteries in the U.S.?
shop for batteries. Sales ECT have been a good way to buy authentic. Try Pegasus vapor academy you tube.

I can get a few thicknesses of ti plate, and nearly any size chunk of ally, alloy, stainless steel all the way down to a thick foil as well as a few sizes of mesh and steel rope as my honorary uncle is a backyard machinist/mad scientist and has a good size lathe and lots of scrap bins for me to trawl. So once i have the basics down I will start on the tinkering.

I am interested in the launch box design, how the mesh is the resistance wire. Is that nichrome mesh or can we just zap the mesh? Also, in your wick design above is a layer of oxides all that is stopping the stainless mesh wick from shorting the circuit?

What do you reckon the perfect one hitter temp range would be?
anything launchbox and I'm in. They of course figure wire sizes, mesh sizes and battery.

Last edited by a moderator:
cg5071,

chainz

I got mine yesterday, but I was having issues getting both wires in the positive post. I got frustrated and went with one large fc2000 for now. I am going to drill this biotch out i think next.

But so far, I really like this design. :tup:
I agree its hard to get two wires in those small holes, did you twist the leads of the coils together? are you going to drill it for better airflow? or where the wires go in?

rBVaG1ZVzLuAPC4BAAFwjgtAu1k556.jpg

I'm wonder if this thing will be a one hitter quitter likely everyone claims... I have one on the way, so we'll see.
I believe the future version may be 510 threaded .
But just a nail, no coil, no wick seems like it should be nice, just isn't as practical or discreet as the ecig set up...
I doubt it's as powerful either.
Will report back.

i bought one from greenlightvapes called the G9 H-ENAIL, it uses an 18650 and a ceramic heating rod with a little Ti dish on it. it works alright but i think it will work better with a different battery.

iv seen the same ceramic rods used in the H-ENAIL on 510 connectors sold on dhgate or alibaba in the past. Im not sure the H-enail is safe though, the ti dish is put over the ceramic rod and wedged in a white plastic. I emailed the company and they said it was teflon but it still makes me nervous.

chainz,

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
I agree its hard to get two wires in those small holes, did you twist the leads of the coils together? are you going to drill it for better airflow? or where the wires go in?
I twisted the wires on my first failed attempt but left them untwisted on my second successful try. I have not drilled any holes as of yet, I was going to drill the wire holes, but the air holes could use some drilling for sure.

Joel W.,
Reactions: 2clicker

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
i bought one from greenlightvapes called the G9 H-ENAIL, it uses an 18650 and a ceramic heating rod with a little Ti dish on it. it works alright but i think it will work better with a different battery.

iv seen the same ceramic rods used in the H-ENAIL on 510 connectors sold on dhgate or alibaba in the past. Im not sure the H-enail is safe though, the ti dish is put over the ceramic rod and wedged in a white plastic. I emailed the company and they said it was teflon but it still makes me nervous.
I know what it is, I'm not too worried about it at the moment. I don't seem to get any off gassing. Where have you seen the 510 version? That would be nice! I doubt the 510 version would have a plastic base (or teflon)

WakeAndVape,

Joel W.

Accessory Maker
Latest build. 2) 26g ti wires twisted together from post to post with one FC2000 wick in the middle

My last build with dual separate coils/wicks, the ends of one coil started glowing when I had a lead loosen up and I accidentally over powered it when it jumped from Tc mode into power mode.
30upybt.jpg

chainz

I know what it is, I'm not too worried about it at the moment. I don't seem to get any off gassing. Where have you seen the 510 version? That would be nice! I doubt the 510 version would have a plastic base (or teflon)
i cant find the 510 version anymore unfortunately.

chainz,

2clicker

Observer
Latest build. 2) 26g ti wires twisted together from post to post with one FC2000 wick in the middle

My last build with dual separate coils/wicks, the ends of one coil started glowing when I had a lead loosen up and I accidentally over powered it when it jumped from Tc mode into power mode.
30upybt.jpg

what atty is that?

2clicker,
Reactions: Joel W.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I swear I need some more wire...have been needing some for quite some time.
Where is a reliable source for good ti right now?

WakeAndVape,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I am using this stuff. I do have to hit it with a lighter to wrap it easy though.
http://www.kbeevapes.com/category-s/1877.htm
What type of coils are you doing?
For the best clapton, it would be a 22ga canter with 22ga wrapped right? I have been wrapping for a minute but my knowledge still isn't extensive

EDIT:nevermind on the coil question, I just saw it.

Have you used the stumpy or wider rda in the past?

WakeAndVape,

Joel W.

Accessory Maker
What type of coils are you doing?
For the best clapton, it would be a 22ga canter with 22ga wrapped right? I have been wrapping for a minute but my knowledge still isn't extensive

EDIT:nevermind on the coil question, I just saw it.

Have you used the stumpy or wider rda in the past?
This was just 2 26g wires twisted, I may try to wrap one wire around another soon (clapton type?)

I'm new but the clapton wire pics look like they hold a ton of oil.

I have tried an evil monk, and this rose v2. other than that I was retrofitting uptechs 1701 atty wih my coils.

Joel W.,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
This was just 2 26g wires twisted, I may try to wrap one wire around another soon (clapton type?)

I'm new but the clapton wire pics look like they hold a ton of oil.

I have tried an evil monk, and this rose v2. other than that I was retrofitting uptechs 1701 atty wih my coils.
So between the evil monk and the rose v2 clone, which do you n prefer and why? These were two I have been particularly interested in...looks like the rose has less space for builds and a smaller well for build up?

Joel W.

Accessory Maker
So between the evil monk and the rose v2 clone, which do you n prefer and why? These were two I have been particularly interested in...looks like the rose has less space for builds and a smaller well for build up?
The evil monk has a ton of floor space but I was uncomfortable with how close the 1/8" wick was to the nylon? mouthpiece/cap.

I really like the rose v2. Id like to find a similar cup setup with maybe a little more room but actually the small space really limits splatter to a small area and i like that.

Edit: next up. 2 twisted wire with a 3rd wire wrapped around the first 2. Then that around a 1/8th wick a few times.
2yv4hdz.jpg

Last edited:

nikcorda

ive been using titanium 24 and 22 gauge wire from lightning vapes, its been pretty clean, but i will always clean my wire before use. it seems very stiff, but i have nothing to compare it to.

ive been using 32 gauge from unkammen, etsy dealer. it comes pretty dirty, but it cleans up well. i just ordered some 24 gauge from them, we'll see how it is.

all i use now are fused claptons, usually 2 24 gauge wires wrapped in 32. its a huge pain in the ass, and i have to get so baked before hand so i dont lose my mind, but its worth every minute in the end. ive tried twisted 24 and some others, and the amount that the fused claptons holds faaar exceeds anything else ive made. i dont use wicks, fwiw.

current setup. @ixtapa style coil. i get a little splatter but its because im sloppy and usually
load too much. nothing drips down to the deck of my evil monk though, just condensation build up from the vapor.

nikcorda

finally got a coil on my aeronaut clone rda. took three tries, kept getting hot spots, working with these captive screws suck. i definitely need to make an authentic style plate soon.

honestly, i dont notice much of a difference from the evil monk ive been using. but its nice to have options. and hopefully this design eliminates all splatter. i wasnt getting much with the monk but there was a little.

and the current evil monk setup since i cant edit my old post

Last edited:

gladthaturaglide

finally got a coil on my aeronaut clone rda. took three tries, kept getting hot spots, working with these captive screws suck. i definitely need to make an authentic style plate soon.

honestly, i dont notice much of a difference from the evil monk ive been using. but its nice to have options. and hopefully this design eliminates all splatter. i wasnt getting much with the monk but there was a little.

and the current evil monk setup since i cant edit my old post

Hey awesome man! I really like the hot plate design. I'll have to try that out. That might be the reason you were already experiencing a superior hit than I was with the monk. I have noticed overall that with the standard wick less coil design, even with the likes of aeronaught where the top and bottom airflow immediately gave me a better hit and less splatter. That the older the coil gets and more use that it takes, the less it wants to hold the oil and the more splatter I get. Anyone else noticing more splatter with older coils? Also what temp/wattage/joules are you using with the hot plate design?

gladthaturaglide,
Reactions: WakeAndVape

lapsda00

thanks everybody for inspiration and your coil designs. I´ve got some titanium yesterday so i tried to make some ixtapa coil. First time making fused clapton - so the quality isn´t good but works well. I´ll have to order some more titanium to improve my clapton.
bit of rosin in Pi2 rda clone 2x24ga+32ga 0,11ohm -- 305°C/581F
EIWCHRW.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom