• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Advanced E-cig users and oil/wax, how-to "one-hitter-quitter"

mplx

@mplx honestly your question is too general to be tackled here. You need to do some reading and research. If by marroc you mean Kief then the answer is not really, you can burn it but it does not evaporate.
Thanks for your reply. I will do some more reading;). By marroc i mean solid. Kief is the same but than in powder-form. I`m looking for a good way to vape solid hash in a portable like a pen.

mplx,

kingtut106

I ripped out my quad coil setup after I went through half a gram of wax on saturday. The clouds were huge, but conservation wise it was not an optimal setup. I made the switch back to a dual coil setup, except I switched the diameter of my coils. Previously I went with 2mm (one wick) for each coil, but this setup is 3mm (two wicks) with 10 wraps each (1 ohm). This is the easiest setup for loading up, the extra surface area allows for globs to be loaded up and minimal dripping onto the deck. I think this setup might stay with me for more than a week.
UVdXBMt.jpg

2clicker

Observer
@2clicker 0.8ohm load = 5.25 Amps @ 4.2V
If you have the Efest IMR 18350 800mAh (purple shrinkwrap) rated at 10.5A continuous, you have plenty of headroom.

thanks, but im using the red shrink wrapped 18350 800mah IMR EFEST cells. the one before the purple cells came out.

2clicker,

215z

@2clicker The red Efests will work, and will not suffer undue stress. At 5A discharge from 4.2V to 3.3V, the red cells yield ~530mAh whereas the purple cells yield ~550mAh. Only at higher discharge rates do their performance diverge significantly.

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
Any suggestions on a low cost mech mod that won't easily get stripped? Because I just stripped the threading on my K100 and can't seem to find replacement parts for it. I have a purple e-fest 18350(got it today), aw18500 and Kamary 18650.

lesvape,

arrr

Any suggestions on a low cost mech mod that won't easily get stripped? Because I just stripped the threading on my K100 and can't seem to find replacement parts for it. I have a purple e-fest 18350(got it today), aw18500 and Kamary 18650.

I have thishttp://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10005773/1448300-nemesis-style-mechanical-mod. Fastech sells cheaper nemesis's which some say are just as good but I personally own this one. If you want a cheaper one click the drop down menu. Also some use magnets for their switch. I just use the spring. Use the drop down menu for the magnets.

arrr,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
That looks pretty nice, but I went with a eLock, which telescopic model similar to the K100, but lighter. I paid $28 for it for a kit with another 18650 battery and charger. Plus a drip atomizer. I plan to baby this one even more.

lesvape,

adizzle

Baby dabber
Hi everyone... after reading this entire thread, I thought I'd contribute a bit. I used to use a simple coil+cotton setup for dabbing on the go, but it sucked... the concentrates would eventually gum up the cotton, and I wouldn't get as much out of it. Here's some pics of that setup: http://imgur.com/a/mZg11

My setup for my one-hitter-quitter is a dual stovetop coil on my igo-w. Hits super hard, and nothing has a chance to fall to the deck. Even if it does, it gets vaped by the coil right on top of it.

XdcmagN.jpg

2clicker

Observer
Hi everyone... after reading this entire thread, I thought I'd contribute a bit. I used to use a simple coil+cotton setup for dabbing on the go, but it sucked... the concentrates would eventually gum up the cotton, and I wouldn't get as much out of it. Here's some pics of that setup: http://imgur.com/a/mZg11

My setup for my one-hitter-quitter is a dual stovetop coil on my igo-w. Hits super hard, and nothing has a chance to fall to the deck. Even if it does, it gets vaped by the coil right on top of it.

XdcmagN.jpg

nice first post. what ohms are those coils? and what size wire is that? is it kanthal?

also, do you think that those coils may get too hot too fast and actually burn the oil?

2clicker,
Reactions: arrr

adizzle

Baby dabber
The whole thing is at .8 ohms, and it's 28 gauge kanthal.

It does get pretty hot pretty fast, so I usually just pulse the current. Pulsing doesn't burn anything, and I get some really great flavor.

If I want huge clouds, I'll keep the power on... but that does tend to burn things after a moment. Once I've vaped a good amount, and there's maybe some residue on the deck, I'll power up until it gets vaped too.

DabComa

Stuck in Dab Coma
As per others suggestion I purchased some ready wick, and holy shit, it's exactly what I've been looking for, good bye silica. The taste off of ceramic is night and day. No more burnt taste whatsoever, and the coolest part of the 2mm sized wick is the middle is pretty much hollow, allowing much more wicking action to occur. Thanks for the suggestion guys, any more good ideas keep em coming...

@2clicker I'm still interested in those Igo-w gaskets if you wound up with them let me knew

Edit: @adizzle kudos on the amazing stovetop coil, that's exactly what I've been trying to do except with one in each side almost touching the deck, so every last drop could be caught, regardless of viscosity. If you would be so amazing as to reveal to us here your method for coiling the stovetop coil so perfectly I'm sure many many thanks would proceed.

Last edited:

2clicker

Observer
The whole thing is at .8 ohms, and it's 28 gauge kanthal.

It does get pretty hot pretty fast, so I usually just pulse the current. Pulsing doesn't burn anything, and I get some really great flavor.

If I want huge clouds, I'll keep the power on... but that does tend to burn things after a moment. Once I've vaped a good amount, and there's maybe some residue on the deck, I'll power up until it gets vaped too.

ive been hesitant to build a stovetop for oil, but your post makes me wanna experiment some more.

As per others suggestion I purchased some ready wick, and holy shit, it's exactly what I've been looking for, good bye silica. The taste off of ceramic is night and day. No more burnt taste whatsoever, and the coolest part of the 2mm sized wick is the middle is pretty much hollow, allowing much more wicking action to occur. Thanks for the suggestion guys, any more good ideas keep em coming...

@2clicker I'm still interested in those Igo-w gaskets if you wound up with them let me knew

yeah im using the 3mm and it wicks well. now im wondering if one could thread kanthal through the readywick... and then build the stovetop...? oh my.

regarding the igo orings... im def still down. was thinking about that earlier today in fact. both my igo-l and igo-w have shit seals.

Last edited:

arrr

again something prebuilt: 11$ waxpen setup http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10008356/1749600-yo-zap-evod-vv-1100mah-rechargeable-starter-kit
have one of these atomizers, they are a little step up from the globes because of geometrics of the bowl (bit easier to fill, splashprevention), can recommend

I have one. Just don't load to much wax at once as it will not work well. I filled it to the brim and could barely get a hit and when I did it was burnt. Airflow was fine just no vapor. I would like to see if these can be rebuilt. Maybe a stove top coil in there.

2clicker

Observer
does anyone know where to get those little ceramic cups being used in some attys? just the cups.

different sizes perhaps?

2clicker,

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
I have one. Just don't load to much wax at once as it will not work well. I filled it to the brim and could barely get a hit and when I did it was burnt. Airflow was fine just no vapor. I would like to see if these can be rebuilt. Maybe a stove top coil in there.

I pulled a vhit type b coil head apart a while back and they are not rebuildable. The vhit type b appears to be the same parts just rebranded.

MileHighLife,

215z

@2clicker Stormy's Vapor Cellar sells replacement cups for Rainbow Heaven's Terminator, Hercules, and Euforia atomizers. Those are 1:1 clones of Golden Greek's Odysseus, Ithaka, and Penelope tanks. They have only one hole at the bottom. W9's KISS cart uses ceramic cups without outside grooves for the wick/wire, and has three holes at the bottom. You could ask them to sell you a replacement cup, they have always been good to me about supplying spare parts.

215z,

dankity3

Don't like box mods huh? I dunno what to finish this with, a usb charging circuit, a vamo pcb, or solder in a kick for safety/regulation. The expoxy is drying as we speak :)

This is my almost complete, but still working, one hit-and-quit dab box... made mostly from hand me downs and spare parts.
D3aKm7B.jpg
What thread size is the snoop dogg herbal tank? I tried my 510 to ego/510 and 601 to 510 and 510 to 601 adapters, and they don't fit. Seems to only work on the oddly 510 threaded snoop dogg battery..? My 510 threaded itaste vv 3.0 doesnt screw into the herbal tank. Any and all help is much appreciated, thank you

dankity3,

2clicker

Observer
@2clicker Stormy's Vapor Cellar sells replacement cups for Rainbow Heaven's Terminator, Hercules, and Euforia atomizers. Those are 1:1 clones of Golden Greek's Odysseus, Ithaka, and Penelope tanks. They have only one hole at the bottom. W9's KISS cart uses ceramic cups without outside grooves for the wick/wire, and has three holes at the bottom. You could ask them to sell you a replacement cup, they have always been good to me about supplying spare parts.

right on! i am going to attempt to slide kanthal into my ready wick and then build a stovetop coil. the idea of a stovetop covered in ceramic is sounding pretty nice.

if that doesnt produce decent results i will then be looking into the cups. maybe a stovetop parallel to the bottom of the cup...?

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
does anyone know where to get those little ceramic cups being used in some attys? just the cups.

different sizes perhaps?
think this is the cheapest to pull apart: https://www.fasttech.com/products/1411/10008215/1734906
they are for the bulbstyle atomizers. i ordered me some of these https://www.fasttech.com/products/1411/10008215/1734903 prebuilt stovetops for bulbstyle atomizer (sadly i doubt they fit the previously posted yo-zap)
read on the fasttechforums they can be rebuilt though, guess in a similar way like bulbs

funkyjunky,
Reactions: 2clicker

adizzle

Baby dabber
right on! i am going to attempt to slide kanthal into my ready wick and then build a stovetop coil. the idea of a stovetop covered in ceramic is sounding pretty nice.

if that doesnt produce decent results i will then be looking into the cups. maybe a stovetop parallel to the bottom of the cup...?

Here I put together a ceramic cup, some SS mesh, and a stovetop: http://imgur.com/a/rV7Bq

I haven't tested it yet, because I don't have an RDA that it will fit into.

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
Finally got around to playing with some ceramic but I wasn't able to get very good hits. I tried a stove top coil but I think it just made to much of a hot spot in the middle because at lower wattages it doesn't vape and at higher wattages it tastes like crap and very little vapor.

I also tried a loosely wrapped stove top style coil which didn't really produce any vapor even at higher wattages.

I've been using 28 ga kanthal so I just ordered some 22 gauge to see if that wont help out and am going to play with other style coils and possibly make some wicks with holes dirlled through them to weave resistance wire through the ceramic wick.

If anyone has suggestions I am very open to them.

Top Bottom