1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Advanced E-cig users and oil/wax, how-to "one-hitter-quitter"

Discussion in 'Concentrates' started by TrueNorthStar, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Vapology

Vapology Member

The level 2 doesn't look to bad actually but I found out that these coils are a little bit to complicated for a noob to start with. The taste was bad so I definitely had hot spots :suspicious:

Really? So you have never seen a coil like that? Strange ... I just started to twist the wire around the needle and then it was kind of obvious what I had to make :)

Maybe it's the coffee-table-coil or the pivot or pirouette-coil ...?!
    [​IMG]

That's the pro stuff :tup:

2clicker likes this.
  2. Accept

Accept Well-Known Member

Trudat. Sorry for your sacrifice to the canna goddess. Hotspots are inevitable. To fire properly, none of the levels can touch at any point. If that happens, and it always does, the effect is usually devastating.

Tonight's slightly out-of-focus coil, inspired by your efforts.

[​IMG]

Before each use, you need to get the coil firing like this. You'll know it when you see it.

@Boden's are contact coils. Haven't worked much with these. Also uses kanthal, popular with pre-TC mech mod vapers. Are these coils essentially one big hotspot?

Don't think so. You, @2clicker?

One vote for pirouette.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    Vapology likes this.
  3. 2clicker

2clicker we out there Accessory Maker

ive seen something similar. when i used to run wire through ReadyXWick and make stovetops from that (the DBC) i would make them sometimes with another mini stovetop just below the center of the main one. resembling this, but not out of exotic wire. also that is more than a mini stovetop below it so i can say no. lol

jpdnkstr likes this.
  4. Accept

Accept Well-Known Member

Tried wrapping something like this last night, but couldn't get it.The coil above is one of the best. Even using it after cleaning. (The two-step ultrasonic treatment got it shining like new in 30 minutes.)

@Vapology, have you read this entire thread, from the beginning? It's a history of e-cigs from the POV of stoners adapting the gear.

2clicker likes this.
  5. 2clicker

@Accept... so youve already tried the two step ultrasonic cleaner method?

30 mins? how gunked was the coil going in?

6. Accept

Accept Well-Known Member

Had done it a few times previously, with metal detergent followed by oxide remover - emptying the basin in between. :doh: Almost bought a second ultrasonic cleaner.

The coil wasn't bad. Tried a little too hard to get an in-focus glow shot.

2clicker likes this.
  7. jpdnkstr

jpdnkstr Well-Known Member

I want a hat trick coil, that looks excellent, keep us posted.

2clicker likes this.
  8. 2clicker

it works really well. ideally each coil would act as a revior holding the oil in between the wraps as well as inside the tube of the coil. i still havent loaded it up fully because im not a super cloud chaser. im not looking to waste any meds here ya dig? lol. but if youre into the super clouds itll do that to. i guess what im saying is i load what fills my lungs nicely and its not even close to filling the HTC up.

it tastes great and starts vaping instantly when you hit the button. true on demand dabbing. but that goes for any wire or mesh build really. anyway in short she performs great. that coil in the pic lasted from when i posted that pic to just a few hours ago. so a few days before needing to be swapped out.

jpdnkstr likes this.
  9. 2clicker

i made a smaller version of the hat trick coil last night and this fucker RIPS!!! i wrapped it on a really small drill bit. easily less than 1mm. ill put the calipers on it later. so i think the small wrap of the micro coils account for its super quick heating. i had to back off the wattage and pre-heat settings a bit to get that low temp dab, but its there now. 18watts, .18ohms, 380F and its still a cloud maker. first rip on this coil was at 35watts! lol and it kicked my ass. thick white clouds. at 35watts the flavor was lacking, but lower wattage has fixed that. this one may be a bit small for those looking to load monster dabs, but it holds more than i need from a dab a time and will choke you out if you let it. instant clouds.

jpdnkstr likes this.
  10. Accept

Accept Well-Known Member

Yet another sacrifice to the canna goddess. Tried to wrap a long micro-coil into a coil. Something like a 26g core-less clapton. Inspired by HTC.

Didn't get it working and no more shatter for weeks. :(

2clicker likes this.
  11. 2clicker

just now seeing this. dont remember seeing an alert.

anyway... that sucks! but youve got flowers til then yeah?

i have also attemped the coreless clapton wrapped into a coil, but couldnt get it to stay put.

12. Accept

Accept Well-Known Member

It's okay - a much needed t-break. Inhaling a full bag of smoky, flower vapor produces barely noticeable effects. Freeze-drying some popcorn buds for QWET. Home-grown probably isn't as strong as what most FCers get.

Try tempering the wire first. Shatter definitely needs to be melted in before hitting. Need one of these gizmos.

Click to play YouTube Video

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors