Advance EJuice tech for cheap cartridges

MarkTheSavior

The objective of this thread is to discover a powerful, discreet, smooth ejuice recipe for concentrates to be used in cheap disposable cartridges and ego style batteries.

What ive learned so far

My Objective:
1/3 hits to be fully medicated
510 open dank tanks cartridges
Ego 510 batteries
low scent and clouds
smooth experience

My Process:
BHO concentrate: its easy and maintains a full flower profile
5 Coffee filters using a 28g glass blaster gets me 15-17% yield
freeze ground bud and blaster over night
simple purge, double bath water heated to 120f max (maintains terps) until no rainbow colors on bubbles
20 min sun bath for clearing up color and good vibes
Mix ratio is 0.5g solution to 1.0g concentrates
Solution mix is 40% terps solution (norcobargains) ratio to 60% Puff Majik and flavor.
Mix in terps and concentrate and leave over night
Mix in Puff magik and flavors then double bath at 120f until mixed (stir after 30min if needed)
let mix settle 2 hours done.

i used Diamond OG fresh whole buds, got a 16% yield, i used bubble gum flavored terps with 6 drops of sweetness flavor.

Results from 1 hit nice powerful muscle relaxer combined with a rush of happiness and euphoric, focus lasted a good 2 hours all from one hit. its a beautiful experience and very powerful, im very happy with the results but its not smooth at all, very harsh cough.

Whats next
try to isolate whats causing the harshness by first trying another terpene profile. Could it be the sweetener? any tips on making it smoother would be appreciated.

i learned a lot from randomtoker at http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/advanced-thc-e-juice-mods-tanks-coils-builds-recipes.20529/

Deleted Member 1643

In just the right frame of mind for this sort of challenge. :science: Not much help on butane, but are you sure it's fully purged? Your rainbow bubbles don't sound trustworthy. Maybe @herbivore21 (oink, oink) can weigh in.

Why are you combining so much additional terps with Puff Majik? It sounds like you should have plenty of terps to begin with. On best QWET preps, vaping e-juice is like huffing lysol.

You're on the right track with isolating the cause, but it doesn't sound like you're ready to try another terpene profile just yet. What about loading a cart with just Puff Majik? (Not even BHO, although that might be a next step.) Many find PEG/PG irritating, others have no problem with it. If you find it harsh, you might be able to add some VG, especially with a cart. (Not much help with carts, either.)

Remember "terpene" comes from "turpentine". Some are vaping concentrates dissolved in terpenes, but wouldn't dream of it. And is it pure terpenes, or is it diluted in something? If so, what?

Flavors, as well? These can be irritating, and some come with legitimate health concerns, IMO.

Your ratio seems high, but if you like the effects, that's what counts. Could try diluting a little more. You might be surprised to find you like it even more - but figure out the mix first.

Such a good time working on e-juice. :luv: Might need to work on a more potent version...:hmm:

Last edited:
Deleted Member 1643,
Reactions: JBO

MarkTheSavior

Yes im excited i got a response :) Yes @[URL='http://fuckcombustion.com/members/accept.28821/']Accept[/URL] accepted my challenge sweet!!!!

I posted these results because they where the first which nailed almost all my objectives but i have been doing tons of test and reading to reach this point, 6 weeks worth. im thinking if we use the same cartridges then we can isolate the perfect recipe. i am open to some other not as cheap disposable cartridges like the wickless ones but these open dank tanks are so cheap, but i will do test later to see if we get any mayor differences.

here are some answers Accept

-Are you sure it's fully purged?

After reading so mush it seems like this is a controversial topic, the pattern ive seen is yes some butane is left but you consume 100%s more eating processed foods. If you want to be in the cannabis cup then vacuum purge is a must but ive seen some high tech labs skip vacuum unless they want to make wax, butter or honey. My experience is after the rainbows leave the concentrate not much changes but it could darken.

-Why are you combining so much additional terps with Puff Majik?

i tried Puff majik at a 1.5/1 ratio and it seemed weak and hard to mix. so i thought adding terpenes could make it even easier to mix at even lower ratios and i was right. i bought terpenes from norcobargains.com which seem like the cheaper version of Connoisseur Concentrates these guys claim to make terpene solutions using a combination of terpenes and natural oils (secret formula) they recommend a mix ratio of .5/1 to answer your other question, so yes the terpenes seem diluted.

-Flavors, as well? These can be irritating, and some come with legitimate health concerns, IMO.

The puff majik seems smooth to most, i tried another terpene profile called skywalker and it was much smoother. as of now i think its the bubble gum flavor added to the terps that make the harshness. To describe the harshness it kinda stays at the throat and hurts but most seem to get used to it after the first puffs.

i really think the future is in the terpenes but we are missing the something else. Mixing pure THC oil with terps seem to be the high tech solution today but those concentrates feel too clean and dont even get close to my good old BHO.

also i want it to be strong because taking anything more then 3 puffs is not discreet. i love taking this to the movies or even for shopping at costco.

keep the feedback coming everyone and i hope to inspire some to try and post results
Happy puffing all :)

Deleted Member 1643

Yes @Accept accepted my challenge sweet!!!!
embarrassed emoji

Have you made solid concentrates? Just started to and love 'em! Well worth it, IMO. Don't use a vacuum pump, just a cheap faucet aspirator and FoodSaver container. Working out the details for a post.

i tried Puff majik at a 1.5/1 ratio and it seemed weak and hard to mix.

Surprising. Recommend getting some PEG400 and PG from an e-cig shop. Much cheaper, and you can dissolve anything in PEG400. Typically, use 0.5ml/gram concentrate, then add 1-3mls PG. Most importantly, you know exactly what you're using.

these guys claim to make terpene solutions using a combination of terpenes and natural oils (secret formula) they recommend a mix ratio of .5/1 to answer your other question, so yes the terpenes seem diluted.

Very suspicious of "secret formula". Would never use terpenes unless sure of what and how much. You're placing a lot of trust in this supplier. Be careful!

as of now i think its the bubble gum flavor added to the terps that make the harshness

Could be, but you need to simplify more to isolate the cause as you suggest.

This is a list of the chemicals comprising a "bubblegum" flavor used in e-juice. Flavor Apprentice is the only supplier that even provides this information. It includes a few terpenes. Do you know enough about each of these chemicals to feel safe about heating and inhaling them? It's not just bubblegum flavor - it's true of just about any flavor.

Mixing pure THC oil with terps seem to be the high tech solution today

None of this is regulated. There's plenty of cause for concern. Relatively few people have been doing this for only a short time. It's entirely possible that some proportion of them will get sick.

Don't mean to be a downer, but it's best to know exactly what you're using. Not just for safety, but also to understand and optimize your process.:peace:

Last edited:

JBO

Thread murdered, happy puffing all
Nooooooooo! Lol. I finally just now had a chance to go through this thread and this is what I've been doing for the last year or so. I started out with RTAs but kept getting to much leakage. I figured out that most of my leakage came from the terpenes separating from the wax after a few days, it would leak a sticky dark liquid and then it would look like almost sand left in my tank. So I decided to go with smaller tanks. I also started to play with my mixture some more. I've got it pretty down pat for the most part. I do use basically the nicest 510 tanks I can find though. Usually something like this
http://sc01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1_nTpMVXXXXbDaXXXq6xXFXXXQ/Cbd-oil-cartridge-510-glass-tank-A3.jpg
I get mine from ebay, usually they are about 5 for $20 and you can keep reusing them like an RTA. I also purchased the PEG that I use off of eBay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/252506607272?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_ref=http%3A%2F%2Frover.ebay.com%2Frover%2F1%2F711-117182-37290-0%2F2%3Fmtid%3D1588%26kwid%3D1%26crlp%3D112804766169_324272%26itemid%3D252506607272%26targetid%3D289112640916%26rpc%3D0.27%26rpc_upld_id%3D114214%26device%3Dm%26mpre%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.ebay.com%252Fulk%252Fitm%252Flike%252F252506607272%253Flpid%253D82%2526chn%253Dps%26adtype%3Dpla%26googleloc%3D9016969%26poi%3D%26campaignid%3D634648316%26adgroupid%3D33575462889%26rlsatarget%3Dpla-289112640916%26gclid%3DCjwKEAjwh9PGBRCfso2n3ODgvUcSJAAhpW5oOlhKcDBj1jVsXrk_hI7UI_XJ8rj__qmE_vLvV7JUnBoCFhzw_wcB%26srcrot%3D711-117182-37290-0%26rvr_id%3D1188634087726&ul_noapp=true

My procedure has greatly simplified now as well. I start off with shatter from my dispenserary and I usually add at a ratio of 5 drops to .5 grams. 3 drops of terpenes (Tangerine from CC) 2 drops of PEG. So I stick the wax in the fridge for a minute so I can roll it into a worm to get it into the jar easier. Then add my terps and PEG. Finally I heat it up with a little torch until it bubbles just a little in the corner that I'm heating, then stir. It doesn't need to be crazy long like some others practice. I just repeat the heat and stir 2 or 3 times and I'm done. I find that this ratio has been perfect for me. It seems like the PEG is my trick to "keep the juice together" and not seperate. In it's "solid state" the ejuice didn't move, but after a few puffs on the pen it's becomes liquid and will move. I have had no problems with leaks since down sizing and figuring the formula that works for me. Back in mid January, I made a 5 gram batch And I still have about 2 grams left of it. All I have been doing is heating it up enough for my syringe to pick it up then fill my tank and I'm good to go. It takes all of 1 minute to fill your tank if you make a larger batch to last.

BTW it's probably the mix that your adding that is causing the throat burn, those premade mixes are usually mostly PEG which many find to burn the throat. I noticed it in one of my batches that I went heavier with the PEG than normal. That's why I keep the PEG to a minimum.

I hope this helps and I hope I'm not to late!

Last edited:
Top Bottom