• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

ADD - PI, which strain is more helpfull?

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Hey everyone,

I was reading about Attention Deficit Disorder, the predominantely inatentive type and many people were saying it helped a lot. I am not sure about this because of the different types of ADHD and also because some folks have other underlying conditions that can interfere as well.

For me, i find it gets me less motivated, although at times i feel i locks me in and i can work without interrupting myself.

I am thinking it has to do with the strain, maybe a sativa will do more good than an indica.

What is your take on this?

vorrange,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I do find my motivation can suffer whether sativa or indica tbh. But I think that's because I vape too much of the stuff. I do find that just a very small quantity can help with focus. Very easy for me to overdo it though and mong out daydreaming on more interesting thoughts than the task at hand.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I do find my motivation can suffer whether sativa or indica tbh. But I think that's because I vape too much of the stuff. I do find that just a very small quantity can help with focus. Very easy for me to overdo it though and mong out daydreaming on more interesting thoughts than the task at hand.

Yes, that seems to be my experience too. But since i usually don't know for sure which strain i am getting, i was wondering if the "small quantity" you talk about is the trick, or does the strain play an important role.

vorrange,

djonkoman

if I have a real sativa, I can be cleaning for a few hours untill I fully realize what I'm doing/have done. it can also make me really focus on one thing and loose track of time and everything else untill it's done. that's one of the effects I really like, as a kid I used to be able to get that when reading, I would just completely zone out, not even realise it if people talked to me. but at one point I just couldn't dp that anymore, and soon after that I akso stopped reading. now can sometimes find the same sensation in cannabis, most pften with a sativa that has the thoughtprovoking effect, but not racey and not as activating, but more relaxing, thoughtprovoking, a little dreamy but still completely without the indica tiredness and want to stay in one place. the kind of sativa where you can sit still, but if you want or need to getting up is no problem too. that kind of effect combined with an interesting documentary can also achieve the zoning-out-at-everything-else-effect.
I find that often with sativadominant hybrids the sleepiness/tiredness and want to stay in place still takes over if you vape more of it, but there are strains where that isn't the case, but often I don't even vape that much of those since if I achieve zone-out-high, I also forget about vaping more. or with other sativa's I'm busy cleaning/doing things

for me the strain matters a lot.

djonkoman,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Thats about it Djonkoman, I need that focus and attention!

Some info i gathered in another forum:

"ADD: Focus: Catalyst, Billiejack, Jack Herer, C99, Thai, Haze, Elvis, Dogshit....."

"ADD/ Focus: Billiejack, Jack Herer, C99, Thai, Haze, Elvis, Dogshit.....

Alert/Cerebral: AK-47, Dankouver, Cambodian X Orange Peako. "

I believe most of these are problably sativas, some of them i tried, others i haven't.

I am having trouble finding stuff about this since people don't know the difference between the hyperactive ADHD and the Inattentive ADHD. From my research, i believe a sativa because of the high THC/CBD ratio will have positive effects in inattenttive ADHD, and an Hyperactive ADHD will benefit from Indica Strains or hybrids with a lower THC/CBD ratio.

vorrange,
Reactions: jhake

djonkoman

most or all of those indeed seem sativa's, but for example jack herer is a sativadominant hybrid, but still makes me sleepy if I vape a little more of it.
so far the best sativa-effects I got from my own harvest, from sativadominant strains grown outdoor. (and the strains were thyphoon and UK08xThyphoon)
in some cases I've also had similar effects from weed bought at coffeeshops, but most often those still have noticable indica in it. wich is one of the reasms I really miss my own harvest this year(last year failed), hopefully I'll make up for it this year.
one of the strains that I bought that did give a good sativa-effect without the indica was haze(wich is also logical since pure haze has no indica in it)
nepal(hash) also has a good sativa effect, but I can't really remember if it also had the focus, is a while since I last had it, there was a period where I only vaped/smoked nepal, but then one time when I wanted to get some new nepal, it turned out no shop had it anymore... then I got some maroc, wich is nice too annd also has a nice high, but I don't like it as much as nepal. the high from maroc is more a bodyhigh(especially with not so much vaped), and a bit subtle, so I have to vape more to really notice it.

a good example of the other kind of sativa-effect is some skunk#1 I once had, gave a really energetic activating effect, the kind were it's hard to sit still. while walking my walking was more like hopping, since regular walking was to slow for me, couldn't invest enough energy in it, so with each step I would put so much energy in it I bounced up from the ground with every step

right now I have some dieselhaze, wich once put me into cleaningmode, but at other moments when I am already a bit sleepy it can also make me more sleepy

also a moment where I had a really good focus was when I had taken magic truffles, beforehand I had rolled a joint with UK08xThyphoon with some powerafghan hash in the middle. took a few puffs and I got so focussed on the lavalamp in front of me I forgot about the joint in my hand, and a half hour later or so I ooked at my hand and found out I still had a joint, smoked some again and the cycle repeated, eventually I still had half of that joint remaining the next morning

djonkoman,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Nice, i think i'll go with a super silver haze. Do you know this website: www.leafly.com ? it is very helpfull with finding the right strain for what you need. Whatever it is, medically speaking of course.

vorrange,

djonkoman

no, didn't know it, I usually use http://en.seedfinder.eu/ if I need information on a strain.
seems like a nice site

funny tough, I'm now looking at the page about white widdow and the last effect mentioned is 'energetic'... not what I know from whte widdow, I remember white widdow as more couchlock etc, not energetic at all, maybe not as tired/sleepy/couchlock as some other strains but certainly not energetic

I can also see it's focussed on the US, lot of strains I often see mentioned online by americans but never see around here(all those kush-strains for example, you'll sometimes see a kush-variety around here but they are far from common)
the dieselstrains have become more common around here tough, the last 2 strains I bought were dieselstrains(red diesel&dieselhaze)

djonkoman,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I'm quite sceptical about a lot of the descriptions given by seed banks and websites. A lot of it is just marketing IMO. Not to dispute that there aren't very different affects obtained from the different cannabinoid and terpenoid profiles between the different cultivars, but the role of the environmental component in achieving that cultivars 'typical' cannabinoid and terp profile, and the associated effects, is ignored with these descriptions. Plus the time component of course- the profile is changing over the life cycle of the plant and early harvested characteristics can be very different to those got from a later harvest of the exact same strain IME.

I believe it's very hard to predict the particular cannabinoid, terpenoid and effects profile that you will get based purely on strain alone. I think you actually need to be a grower and to know your strain and how you like it, or to know a consistent grower as supplier.

WatTyler,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
snip>

"How Accurate are the Labs' Numbers?

When a dispensary displays the cannabinoid content of buds or other products they're selling, there is a misleading implication of pinpoint accuracy. The weak link here, according to sources we trust, is the use of questionable standards. A chemical "standard" is utilized as a benchmark, to which an unknown sample is compared, so that a precise content of a given component can be ascertained. An inaccurate standard will skew results.

Source: http://projectcbd.com/LabNotes/LabNotes.html

smokum,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Great site too djonkoman, didn't know it yet. :D

Wat, you are maybe right but it should at least give an estimate of what to be expected and it would help narrow down the choice. i was already thinking a needed a dominate or pure sativa because i need focus and concentration most of all, and in the sativas there sure are many of them that would not fit my issues.

vorrange,
Top Bottom