Adapt Volcano bag to Arizer Extreme Q

geezer

Hello, everyone. I'm new here, looking forward to joining discussion, and have a tip that some may like.

A friend's Volcano convinced me that vaping is the way to go with herbs, but my budget only allowed the purchase of an Arizer. For the last 18 months I've been really pleased with the Extreme Q, but jealous of the valve on the Volcano bags, and not liking having to hold my finger over the end of the tube, especially when sharing with friends.

I finally got my friend to give me one of his used up bag/valve assemblies, and after a little experimentation came up with an adapter that lets me use the Volcano valve on my Extreme Q.

At Home Depot I found a neoprene washer with a diameter of about 1 5/8". The center hole fits loosely onto the Arizer's glass collection tube, and stretches over the bulb portion with a little effort. Two o-rings that came with the tube are used as spacers to get the proper distance from the bulb portion, but anything about 1/8" wide will work. I then glued the washer and o-rings in place with some Loctite seal for extreme situations (seemed like a good choice) and let it sit for 24 hours to cure. It also seals the small gaps between washer and glass. Here you see the finished adapter in place on the vaporizer.
pQz4EHc.jpg

After the glue dries thoroughly simply insert the tube into a short hose on the Arizer's elbow, remove the black portion of the Volcano valve assembly, and push the bag assembly onto the tube. It will lock fairly snugly onto the tube, and the washer seals it nicely. Start the Arizer's fan, let it fill, remove the bag assembly, insert the valve portion, and enjoy your chosen vapor. Here you see the bag assembly attached to the adapter.
n4iobJj.jpg

I hope others find this useful.

RodMunch

No comments?

I just ordered an Arizer and was sad to see their balloon’s anti-leak feature is basically your thumb. I enjoy the Volcano bags, so your solution is excellent.

I know this response is like what, nine years later? I hope you see this. I hope you’re alive.

RodMunch,
Reactions: BigJr48
Top Bottom