Activated Carbon and Vaping

MoltenTiger

powders anyone should be inhaling
Using granulated activated carbon (molecularly dissimlar to charcoal, it is a complex graphene crystalline structure after heat treatment 'activation') does not introduce any visible powder to the mix, unless you're doing it wrong, which is easy enough. If you have loose graphene degrading from the granules, it's only a concern when you can see it (which you can see in abundance in unwashed loosely stored packets of granules).

There is more graphene inhaled after a heavy drawing session with a soft weight pencil, you can smell and detect it easily.

And you still won't have visible deposits like the outlandish case in that article. That is bad.. and unequivilant to filtering vapour with a properly prepared set up.

4 to 25% of patients administered activated carbon regurgitate and inhale a bunch. That is unequivocal to proper gaseous filtration, and shows that even in a worse case it is not a rare implication, actually quite common.

virtualpurple

Using granulated activated carbon (molecularly dissimlar to charcoal, it is a complex graphene crystalline structure after heat treatment 'activation') does not introduce any visible powder to the mix, unless you're doing it wrong, which is easy enough. If you have loose graphene degrading from the granules, it's only a concern when you can see it (which you can see in abundance in unwashed loosely stored packets of granules).

There is more graphene inhaled after a heavy drawing session with a soft weight pencil, you can smell and detect it easily.

And you still won't have visible deposits like the outlandish case in that article. That is bad.. and unequivilant to filtering vapour with a properly prepared set up.

4 to 25% of patients administered activated carbon regurgitate and inhale a bunch. That is unequivocal to proper gaseous filtration, and shows that even in a worse case it is not a rare implication, actually quite common.

I think I misunderstood the OPs post and where he had planned on putting the powder. I should have read more closely, I was having the visual of a small amount of powder going onto the screen above the herb in the pathway, which gave me the image of powder being directly inhaled.

I apologize for not reading more closely, I should’ve kept it for when I was a little less distracted. My post was not as helpful as I had anticipated. Thank you for setting me straight.

MoltenTiger

I think I misunderstood the OPs post and where he had planned on putting the powder. I should have read more closely, I was having the visual of a small amount of powder going onto the screen above the herb in the pathway, which gave me the image of powder being directly inhaled.

I apologize for not reading more closely, I should’ve kept it for when I was a little less distracted. My post was not as helpful as I had anticipated. Thank you for setting me straight.
No need to apologise! I still think it is worth highlighting the MSDS and the associated risks clinically as such.

This stuff needs to be handled with some care after all, but it is reasonably safe, relatively harmless (arguably harm reductive) when used appropriately. But it can pose its own risks just as anything can.

jimbosmoke420

I was changing air and water filters today in the house. I have some activated carbon. Was thinking about adding a pinch on top of the screen above the heater in the tiny might. Wonder if filtering the air going into the herb would improve flavor? The air filters in my house are less than 1/4 " thick so it doesnt take much activated carbon.

Might soften Tiny Might's tendency to cook the herb closest to the heater more than the rest.

Any safety issues? I dont think so, but figured I ask. People regularly swallow activated carbon for poison treatment and heating it I dont think does anything that inhaling the vapor without carbon would do.
I pre-prepare my bongs with the required amount of water, add a couple of drops of cooking oil and rip shit outta the bong, empty it and add distilled water. Best bong for vaporiser my thoughts are on a 25cm or close enough to 10". Arizer Solo 2

jimbosmoke420,
Top Bottom