Ack!!! Help!!! Poll: E-Nano, TWAX Flower Pot, EVO

Which Desktop Vape?

• E-Nano (Your initial instincts are correct...)

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • TWAX Flower Pot (You know you want it... just do it, man!)

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • EVO (Full glass path mega-clouds goodness!)

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • They're all great! Just flip a coin and buy one...

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • You really need to grow a brain and widen your horizons, there are better vapes than those!

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • What's a desktop vaporizer?

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Uhhh... continue your "portable" trend... Solo II for the win!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Alexis

Wow!
Thank you all for the great feedback on my search! :)

I learned a lot by reading this thread. I also have a confession of sorts to make as well.

I made a decision yesterday evening, after contemplating a few of the replies to this thread. I finally realized exactly what it was that I was struggling with... and it has to do with choosing between two options that AT FIRST, you think are roughly identical in purpose... only to later discover are actually distinct and different by nature. Reading through this thread has made me aware that the flower pot is actually kind of a different class of vapes, the "connoiseur" vape.

While having the very best of equipment is all fine and well, especially if it can be had at a similar (or lower) price than it's competitors, there is another factor to consider. The "best" product is not necessarily best at everything, and we all have differing values with respect to these subtle differences in performance and utility.

I sat under a tree yesterday evening considering all of my combusting friends, and considered which of the two vapes I was considering buying MIGHT convince one or more of them to abandon their joint rolling ways and see the light of the vapor. When considering this question, the E-Nano suddenly became the only real choice for me, for that factor alone. While it's true that maybe one or two of my more "techie" friends might prefer the Flower Pot, I think that most of my family and friends would probably warm up MUCH faster to the warm, simple, direct ease of use of the E-Nano over the complex operational nature of the Flower Pot.

Is that it then for the Flower Pot? Well... I will say this about it: I had enough of a difficult time trying to make my decision. Difficult enough that the FP continues to be in my thoughts... and just might eventually make it into my rarified minimalist vape world, along with my other 3. In any case, it is a GREAT testament to the company (NewVape) that I sent in a request form saying that I was considering one of their vaporizers but wanted to talk with someone over the phone, and to my surprise this morning, the owner himself had sent his personal phone number! Badass customer service, NewVape... keep it up... you might just win me as a customer after all! :)

Is this how VAS starts? :D
I wonder which path you eventually strolled down, and whether it brought you the happiness and satisfaction you were hoping for?;)

Chicken #420

I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!
I wonder which path you eventually strolled down, and whether it brought you the happiness and satisfaction you were hoping for?;)

I'll bet you do! :D

Folks... went with the FlowerPot, and everything else went out the window! :o

Well... not everything. My Sticky Brick Jr. still holds a special place in my heart, and a permanent place in my pocket for on-the-go tuneups! :)

I'm here to tell you, folks, the FlowerPot TWAX is THE cure for VAS... knocks it stone-cold dead! :D

Of course... then you'll have the NVAS to deal with... :o

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I personally like something small and easily put away. I don't like butane either, that's just my preference. I wouldn't like all the stuff I would need to have out for the Flowerpot. I have an EVO that works for me for those times I want to get blasted. I use cannabis during the day and want to be able to function, I have things to do and get done. I don't need to get wrecked every time I use cannabis.

I'm satisfied with my Enanos and my Woodscents by @Ed's TnT that's a hard hitting log vape. I love a log vaporizer.

The Flowerpot sounds great but it's not for everyone. I also mainly use flowers. I don't want to have water filtration every time I want a session. I'm afraid I would set my hair on fire with the butane. Some folks are using regular torches. While using cannabis we also need to be safe.:lol::2c::leaf:

Last edited:

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I don't know much about the TWAX, so you'll need someone else to describe and compare it, but I got the EVO and E-Nano, so I'll do with those.

I got the EVO first when I was into luxury all-glass tasty huge clouds.
I loved how I could load anywhere betwwen 0.05 and 0.5 grams and it would always vape it all excellently without any stirring.
Awesome taste and impressive cloud, especially on the bigger loads.
It's large and pure convection, so you need a large long hit to really get it going. Large lungs are great for this unit.

Then I started microdosing and got the E-Nano.
I love how simple, beautiful, easy to clean, ready 24/7 and reliable and indestructible that thing is.
It put my mind at easy that I have a vape next to me that could be ready all the time and neven break or fail.
And it could be immediately loaded, hit, and emptied within a minute or two.

You requirements are kind of mix of both:

#1 most important... I want to avoid VAS and buy ONCE... I am not made of money and I want to buy one ideal desktop unit, just once, and walk away. Too many other interests and demands on my cash to play the "vaporizer of the month" game! :)
I though EVO ended my VAS for a logn time and it did for about 2 years, until my requirements have changed.
Now I'm more into microdosing, less into luxury and taste, and want peace of mind of not worrying that it will break.
So I got the E-Nano and if my new requirement stay, then I'll not get anything else for a long time or ever.

Other wants:
* Fixed electric table unit, to be used with and without glass water pipes.
- Both EVO and E-Nano equally great at this. But both can also be quite intense and hot and dry when used without water.
- So I prefer them both with water.

* Ability to use as much, or as little material as desired.
- EVO, E-Nano is for small load only, but can be reloaded very quickyl and easily and it vapes one load very quickly.
- But E-Nano also might lose some heat after one or two loads if you go too fast on it and you might have to wait a minute for it to reheat if you want to vape a lot in a row.

* Excellent flavor and cloud volume.
- Both great, but the EVO is 10/10 at this.

* High reliability and high quality materials. I HATE the warranty repair game!
- E-Nano! EVO has a glass core and if it breaks you'll have to send it in to get it repaired and its not that cheap.
- Also EVO is more complicated, so there might be defective units, E-Nano is so simple theres not much to go wrong.

* Good aesthetic looks and fit/finish.
- Both look great, but the E-Nano is beautiful. Some other logs can be even artistic. But I like the simple E-Nano.

* Whipless, Bagless design with short, clean vapor path.
- Both EVO and E-Nano.

* Ease of use and maintenance, though I'm not opposed to a bit of tinkering if the unit is worth it!
- Also both, but the E-Nano is smaller and cleaning its bowl is quicker and easier to me.

Whissmu

Hope we're not getting too far OT for @Chicken #420 . First post states that he/she doesn't want a "12V unit" - which would be all logs I know of other than nano.

But, by cup I mean the inside of the log. If you look down from the top at heating element, the nano has a metal liner that goes from top to bottom. Part of the nano "magic" as I call it, is that your intake air goes to the bottom of the cup and in at the bottom of the heating element cover. HI & WS do the same. UD's seem to have the same on some units (most smaller ones?), and on others have a shallower depth. Because your airflow with nano is in through the top, then in a metal enclosed area, then into intake - there is no air going through a heated wood area - so no wood flavor imparted to vapor. AFIK, nano is only log to do this - and to avoid adding any wood taste or scent to vapor.

Another benefit to this is that air is preheated as it is being taken in. I think this leads to more consistency, a smoother hit and better extraction. Vapes without the metal cup inside also benefit from this to varying degrees, but are picking up the flavor of the hot wood inside cup. And, it seems the nano is pre-heating intake better because the metal cup inside is warmer than wood would be and probably transfers the heat to the air better.

The WS heater reaches higher temps quicker (is a super heating element compared to others). Because of this, I usually keep my WS turned off and hit it a few minutes after turning on. Using like this the wood isn't as hot as it gets when left on for a while, so it imparts less of the wood flavor. I also enjoy the wood flavor sometimes, so let it heat up for a while to get that. WS also costs a bit more, though there are lovely wood options and Ed turns some absolutely beautiful pieces. Mine is gorgeous!

The wood flavor is something I don't see discussed often on FC and should probably be added to the comparison thread in resources. However, I think that thread is only nano vs UD, and I don't think this is as much a difference with all UDs to nano, as much as some UDs to nano - and all HIs & WSs.

Sorry, but I'm not as familiar with UDs and going by pictures and reports. Whatever the case... I think my statements above stay true. Logs, other than nano, impart some wood scent/flavor to your vapor. nano does not, so therefore leads to "purer" hits with no wood flavor added. Different strokes for different folks, but when I spend top dollar on material, I usually want to experience the awesome flavor with the effects for whatever strain - untainted by wood flavor.

Though I will admit the Thuya Burl of my WS imparts a flavor that goes well with a few of the strains I've put through it. However, it also can make vapor a bit harsher and hasn't paired well with other strains on my taste buds. I often use a VC with the WS, so have a condenser in place. When I use the "naked" wood stems that came with my WS (no condenser), there is usually much more wood flavor.

Most other vapes I'm familiar with don't impart wood flavor, depending on how they are used. For instance, VCs with a condenser don't impart much because heated air (and vapor) don't come in contact with the wood. I've never used mine "naked" but know some of the stems being produced by others have a metal "liner" (tube inside from tip to mouthpiece), and others do not. From some reports, and what I would guess is the heated air/vapor traveling through bare wood on those, a slight wood flavor can be detected. But, even in these cases it is unlikely as much of a wood flavor will be imparted (depending on wood) because you are not inhaling air that is coming into contact with very well heated wood (as you'll find inside the cup of all logs other than nano).

thank you very much @flotntoke for his extensive explanation! :tup:

I was looking for a long time the diferences between the ENANO and the WS, including the UD :hmm: , now I know what the main difference of my nano is against the other wooden records! :clap: I will always be grateful to finish my the search for comparison between these vapes... :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Baron23

I voted but I have all three (!!) so I'm probably not a good one to ask! LOL

Baron23,

Slothington

Passive Member
Because your airflow with nano is in through the top, then in a metal enclosed area, then into intake - there is no air going through a heated wood area - so no wood flavor imparted to vapor. AFIK, nano is only log to do this - and to avoid adding any wood taste or scent to vapor.
No, UD's are the same. There's no wood in the vapor path. Just stainless steel, a stainless steel heater cartridge (used to be a ceramic resistor?) and whatever stem you use.

Slothington,
Top Bottom