Ack!!! Help!!! Poll: E-Nano, TWAX Flower Pot, EVO

Which Desktop Vape?

• E-Nano (Your initial instincts are correct...)

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • TWAX Flower Pot (You know you want it... just do it, man!)

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • EVO (Full glass path mega-clouds goodness!)

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • They're all great! Just flip a coin and buy one...

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • You really need to grow a brain and widen your horizons, there are better vapes than those!

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • What's a desktop vaporizer?

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Uhhh... continue your "portable" trend... Solo II for the win!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Chicken #420

I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!
Whew... this has been a hard week for decisions!
First-world "problems" and all... ;)

OK... here's the deal.
I have an old (8+ years) chinese plug-in conduction vaporizer with crappy tasting vapor path and nasty looking/tasting whip tube. I hate the thing so much that I just combust most of the time... and rarely use the vape.

Recently, I decided to upgrade my vaping experience, as I find that the older I get, the more that combustion smoking disgusts me. Tired of the taste, smell, and mess of bongs and joints... not to mention the negative health aspects! :(

Anyway, I decided that I wanted a portable butane convection solution (Vapcap "M"), a quick hits "tuneup" full-flavored semi-portable badass glass path rig (Sticky Brick Jr.), and an anchored to the tabletop home vape. I have already purchased the first two, but the last one is giving me decision fits! Yeah... those gnarly and weighty first-world problems I was talking about! :D

Soooooooo....

I initially decided that the E-Nano log vape would probably be everything I wanted in an anchored home rig, but now I'm not so certain. With accessories, my E-Nano purchase would be pushing $300+, which puts it up in the territory of a few really good vapes that I've also considered. The decision is suddenly difficult... as I see the TWAX Flowerpot and the EVO as being other viable options for my purposes. The Solo II is also still in the running (just barely...), but I don't necessarily want/need its portability as a main feature.

WHAT I WANT:

#1 most important... I want to avoid VAS and buy ONCE... I am not made of money and I want to buy one ideal desktop unit, just once, and walk away. Too many other interests and demands on my cash to play the "vaporizer of the month" game! :)

Other wants:
* Fixed electric table unit, to be used with and without glass water pipes.
* Ability to use as much, or as little material as desired.
* Excellent flavor and cloud volume.
* High reliability and high quality materials. I HATE the warranty repair game!
* Good aesthetic looks and fit/finish.
* Whipless, Bagless design with short, clean vapor path.
* Ease of use and maintenance, though I'm not opposed to a bit of tinkering if the unit is worth it!

I do NOT need/want portability, quick heatup, small size, 12V power, or super gimmicky "features" and accessories of dubious value.

Please help me obtain the info I need to make the right decision. Any suggestions or thoughts?

P.S. Sorry about the novel, folks! ;)

Last edited:
Chicken #420,
Reactions: Alexis

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
No matter what you choose man, you know what they say, "The grass is always greener," And you will always wonder if something out there is better. Hence once the idea of having the "best," (aka, once you've let the creature known as VAS creep inside,) it never really crawls away, but nibbles a bit each night upon your dreams.

Tread softly. :) (Probably would choose the flowerpot atm, for whatever that is worth... though VAS claimed my soul long ago.)

Chicken #420

I don't need "the best" (whatever that currently is... Hexnail maybe?).
I only need "really, really good" that doesn't need constant repair or upgrading to something else..
I suspect that the 4 vapes I'm trying to choose between are probably ALL capable of fulfilling my needs, to varying degrees of aesthetics vs clouds vs reliability vs whatever from unit to unit. I'm sure I would probably be happy with any of them and not find the "need" to keep searching for perfection.
I'm still leaning toward the E-Nano, but man... that Flower Pot is sure calling to me enough to get my attention! :D

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Keep in mind the form factor differences between the E-nano and the Flowerpot. E-nano is tiny, one cord; FP has a control unit, heater coil, uses a separate stand to sit the hot coil head on when not in use. It's gonna take up more space and require a "vape station." Something to consider.

If I was to pick one it would be FP, but that's because I prefer concentrates. Honestly I feel like if I didnt dab, the FP would be a little quirky though, using a carb cap to hit flower, and having to set the coil head somewhere after each rip.

Chicken #420

steama,
Would you be kind enough to take the time to elaborate?
I'd like to be convinced before I buy, one way or the other. :)

Chicken #420,
Reactions: steama

howie105

I am glad you asked about the vapes you selected for comparison, it will be an interesting thread. However I can only comment on the E-Nano because its the only one of the listed vapes that I use.

Fixed electric table unit, to be used with and without glass water pipes....The Nano works very well with the glass pieces I use. High or low diffusion in medium to small vapes is good. For bigger party vapes I prefer a different unit.

Ability to use as much, or as little material as desired....Small sized loads work really well larger loads need more management, so get a good stir tool, pay close attention to grind and find a draw rate that works best for you. For me the upper limit on load size is still relatively small.

Excellent flavor and cloud volume......Rocks the flavour, one of my favourite aspects of the vape. Cloud volume not bad for the load size but the load size is what it is.

High reliability and high quality materials. I HATE the warranty repair game!....So far real happy with my unit. Haven't had to do a return yet but additional purchases (screens, glass, ect) have always been smooth. A recent negative for me was a water tool adapter that was incorrectly sized, but stuff just happens.

Good aesthetic looks and fit/finish.....Not a big fan of wood which seems to be a big aesthetic draw for many people. Visible fit and finish as good as most everything on the market but I haven't taken it apart to look inside yet and that is where fit and finish really counts most for me.

Whipless, Bagless design with short, clean vapor path....The out of the box dry stem is very short and clean.

Ease of use and maintenance, though I'm not opposed to a bit of tinkering if the unit is worth it!...The glass is about the only thing I clean after use, but how often and how well is user preference. The wood I clean about once a month with the same stuff I use my gun stocks and at that time I brush out any MJ crumbs, its all easy.

Wish you luck with making your selection.

Chicken #420

Awlrighty...

EVO and Solo II are now out of the running. EVO seems overpriced by comparison to the other contenders, and the Solo II seems more geared towards portability, which is not my main goal with this purchase. Besides... nobody is voting for them! ;)

After reading this thread so far, I'm still leaning ever so slightly toward my original pick (E-Nano), but the TWAX Flower Pot continues its siren call! :)

Looking forward to further input!

Chicken #420,

Chicken #420

Concentrate use is not my goal with this purchase... flower only.

I have other rigs for concentrates that I'm happy with. If I decide on the Flower Pot, it might or might not become my new fave for wax, but that's not really any kind of factor in this purchasing decision. I'll be using this vaporizer mainly for flowers.

Chicken #420,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Not to take anything away from the FP, but for flower only I might consider the Herborizer Ti (which also does concentrates but not to the level of the FP.)

invertedisdead,
Reactions: MrMonss

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Concentrate use is not my goal with this purchase... flower only.

I have other rigs for concentrates that I'm happy with. If I decide on the Flower Pot, it might or might not become my new fave for wax, but that's not really any kind of factor in this purchasing decision. I'll be using this vaporizer mainly for flowers.

Flower only? nano FTW. It checks all your boxes nicely as @howie105 laid out in detail above.

Don't think I have too much to add to that, based on what you're looking for. But, will say I've been running nanos pretty much daily for more than 4 years (4 1/2?). First one (Cherry - think it was one of first 20 units) used pretty much everyday for more than 3 years. Had to send it in for cord repair (V1 has non-detachable cord - all detachable for years since) a bit more than a year in. I used to take it out quite a bit, and probably wasn't as careful with cord as I should have been.

Got a nice custom wood (Amboyna Burl - fucking GORGEOUS) about a year ago. No issues at all. Also, have one with a prototype heater that I beta-ed. It's been going strong for 2+ years at girlfriend's house. It was on pretty much all the time until she started a T-break about 6 weeks ago. Since then I kick it on on Friday and usually shut it off on Sunday. Amboyna Burl at home stays on pretty much all the time, and usually gets a few hits even on weekends when I'm passing through or home to do shit. Not many days go by where she doesn't get a load or two, no matter what other vapes I'm also using. And yes, nano is still the standard I judge every other vape by - and the first I use to check out any new batches of stash.

Get your nano for $200 - ish. Get 2 GonG adpaters of chosen size. I'm going more and more 14mm these days and would suggest getting it instead of 18mm depending on what glass you have already are are looking at. Much more stuff is 14 mm these days, and the easiest way to adapt between two sizes is to put 14mm into an 18mm using a simple glass bushing (14 > 18mm adapter). Pick up a set of replacement screens for $5.

You'll be all set with this other than what glass you want to put under it. Many cheap Chinese pieces that work great with it, or as you probably know, you can find beautiful glass that will take you into the $1,000's. IMO keep the perc simple. More diffusion usually leads to less flavor. And, nano is one of the most flavorful vapes out there. Way better flavor than you're getting out of your "M", and maybe better than your sticky brick (without inhaling butane exhaust). I've never hit an SB, but played with the Daisy for a while when a friend had one. IME nano hit it with consistant, easy to repeat flavor, every time. Not so much with the Daisy.

One other suggestion.... check and keep an eye on the classifieds. nano's pop up there often enough. While I hate to encourage anyone to go that way, instead of a fresh sale to Andy (AceofVape - THE nano dude - creator and still sole nano builder), I see some pretty nice kits going for great prices on a regular basis. Then again... one might not pop up for another 6 months or more.

Almost forgot..... nano probably isn't going to compare to FP for concentrates, but she does them pretty well and can give many good hits on small amount of trate. nano looks like it will DEFINITELY use much less flower than FP. Haven't used one myself, but from looking at vids it seems most people load 4x what I load in my nano for 2-4 great cloudy hits - or, more than double what I use for a load that will give 6-10 good hits (stirring as necessary).

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
(without inhaling butane exhaust)

:shrug: Need a better lighter or better butane.

I voted Flowerpot but I'll change it to E-Nano (or any other log vape... Ed's woodscents would work to heat up your vapcap as well) now that i know you're going for flowers only.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
:shrug: Need a better lighter or better butane.

I voted Flowerpot but I'll change it to E-Nano (or any other log vape... Ed's woodscents would work to heat up your vapcap as well) now that i know you're going for flowers only.

Yeah... I've seen much on that whole discussion. Don't know if I'm a believer that everything is burnt with good butane and a good torch, but really doesn't matter either way. Whether it is 99% clean, 99.9% or even 100% clean after ignited, it's still butane exhaust you're inhaling, right? Don't think you can use an SB or any similar vape without shooting the flame into the glass while inhaling (as opposed to vapes you heat THEN hit). Or, am I missing something?

howie105

Butane and risk tolerance go hand in hand, some folks don't care about exposure unless they are exploding or on fire and some folks have to be well below standard thresholds of exposure to feel good about using butane. Most folks I suspect fit somewhere in between those two positions where they are OK with the risk level. As long as you are happy with what you are doing you are right.

little maggie

I don't understand why you haven't looked at other logs. The underdog is less expensive than the enano because the accessories are included. I have several logs (I compared them on the compare vape thread) underdog, enano, woodscent, hi and tt. They are all great and virtually unbreakable because they are so simple. But considering price and availability, I think the underdog is as good as if not better than the enano. I know someone compared both several years ago but and preferred the enano but I found I disagree with that post. Maybe underdog has made changes over the years. But, depending on the wood you choose you can get one for less than $150 with choice of 4 stems. They do have some that are much more expensive as well.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I agree its a moot point about the butane, really.

I'd also agree that you should check out the Underdog log vapes. Pretty sure they have a fairly big sale still going on at the moment, but not positive.

muunch,

MinnBobber

Hi,
late to the party but I'd suggest the miniVAP AC unit. Quality build of machined aluminum, reliable performance, super efficient with any size load, SUPERB flavor, easy easy to use with hydratubes or inverted into a bubbler, IMO absolutely the best loading system out there (the Flexicone wire basket modules with silicone cap), chamber almost never needs cleaning, only vape other than the Volcano to get "clean clean vapor certification" from German university testing, ability in future to add a battery for arguably the longest battery life of any vape, super easy to add a tiny hemp fiber filter- to filter out those nasty little ABV particles that get sucked downstream, etc.

Their AC puck model is cheaper than the battery unit and very compact/ lightweight.

Note--I'm not a fan of glass stem loading systems

MinnBobber,

CalyxSmokr

I haven't used the others but I would say enano. I microdose so it is perfect for that. Plus it has low power consumption so I don't feel guilty having it running between microdoses. If I had to get another log I might consider the woodscents but I love my nano.
Now if you want larger rips I would look at the twax - but a log is more than adequate for my needs in that regard.
If you are getting more than 2 people buzzed a lot then maybe not the nano. Honestly those are all good choices though.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Nothing against other log vapes - I have both a HI & WS in addition to nano. Enjoy them both - WS a bit more. But, nano is the only one with metal in the cup. This gives a "cleaner" flavor, letting the flavor of your strain come through. The others (and pretty sure the UD) have a simple wood cup, and some of the flavor of that wood tends to be present in every hit. Not necessarily a bad thing, but not as pure of flavor, either. Something worth consideration IMO - especially for flavor chasers like myself.

little maggie

Nothing against other log vapes - I have both a HI & WS in addition to nano. Enjoy them both - WS a bit more. But, nano is the only one with metal in the cup. This gives a "cleaner" flavor, letting the flavor of your strain come through. The others (and pretty sure the UD) have a simple wood cup, and some of the flavor of that wood tends to be present in every hit. Not necessarily a bad thing, but not as pure of flavor, either. Something worth consideration IMO - especially for flavor chasers like myself.
I don't understand what you mean by "cup". If you mean the cylinder then the UD does not have a simple wood cup. It's closed off by metal about an inch down. That works to block the wood scent. It also keeps the ash or any debris from falling down the cylinder.
On the other hand most of my vapes now are made of wood and like the wood scent coming through. I love my HI and the only reason I didn't suggest that as an enano alternative is the wait for it.
Unfortunately the UD sale is coming down tomorrow.

little maggie,
Reactions: Prolusio

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Hope we're not getting too far OT for @Chicken #420 . First post states that he/she doesn't want a "12V unit" - which would be all logs I know of other than nano.

But, by cup I mean the inside of the log. If you look down from the top at heating element, the nano has a metal liner that goes from top to bottom. Part of the nano "magic" as I call it, is that your intake air goes to the bottom of the cup and in at the bottom of the heating element cover. HI & WS do the same. UD's seem to have the same on some units (most smaller ones?), and on others have a shallower depth. Because your airflow with nano is in through the top, then in a metal enclosed area, then into intake - there is no air going through a heated wood area - so no wood flavor imparted to vapor. AFIK, nano is only log to do this - and to avoid adding any wood taste or scent to vapor.

Another benefit to this is that air is preheated as it is being taken in. I think this leads to more consistency, a smoother hit and better extraction. Vapes without the metal cup inside also benefit from this to varying degrees, but are picking up the flavor of the hot wood inside cup. And, it seems the nano is pre-heating intake better because the metal cup inside is warmer than wood would be and probably transfers the heat to the air better.

The WS heater reaches higher temps quicker (is a super heating element compared to others). Because of this, I usually keep my WS turned off and hit it a few minutes after turning on. Using like this the wood isn't as hot as it gets when left on for a while, so it imparts less of the wood flavor. I also enjoy the wood flavor sometimes, so let it heat up for a while to get that. WS also costs a bit more, though there are lovely wood options and Ed turns some absolutely beautiful pieces. Mine is gorgeous!

The wood flavor is something I don't see discussed often on FC and should probably be added to the comparison thread in resources. However, I think that thread is only nano vs UD, and I don't think this is as much a difference with all UDs to nano, as much as some UDs to nano - and all HIs & WSs.

Sorry, but I'm not as familiar with UDs and going by pictures and reports. Whatever the case... I think my statements above stay true. Logs, other than nano, impart some wood scent/flavor to your vapor. nano does not, so therefore leads to "purer" hits with no wood flavor added. Different strokes for different folks, but when I spend top dollar on material, I usually want to experience the awesome flavor with the effects for whatever strain - untainted by wood flavor.

Though I will admit the Thuya Burl of my WS imparts a flavor that goes well with a few of the strains I've put through it. However, it also can make vapor a bit harsher and hasn't paired well with other strains on my taste buds. I often use a VC with the WS, so have a condenser in place. When I use the "naked" wood stems that came with my WS (no condenser), there is usually much more wood flavor.

Most other vapes I'm familiar with don't impart wood flavor, depending on how they are used. For instance, VCs with a condenser don't impart much because heated air (and vapor) don't come in contact with the wood. I've never used mine "naked" but know some of the stems being produced by others have a metal "liner" (tube inside from tip to mouthpiece), and others do not. From some reports, and what I would guess is the heated air/vapor traveling through bare wood on those, a slight wood flavor can be detected. But, even in these cases it is unlikely as much of a wood flavor will be imparted (depending on wood) because you are not inhaling air that is coming into contact with very well heated wood (as you'll find inside the cup of all logs other than nano).

Alexis

Yeah... I've seen much on that whole discussion. Don't know if I'm a believer that everything is burnt with good butane and a good torch, but really doesn't matter either way. Whether it is 99% clean, 99.9% or even 100% clean after ignited, it's still butane exhaust you're inhaling, right? Don't think you can use an SB or any similar vape without shooting the flame into the glass while inhaling (as opposed to vapes you heat THEN hit). Or, am I missing something?
Easy! I was interested in the Sticky Bricks last year. As you know I have the most insane allergies and am ultra sensitive to trillions of substances others have no reaction to.
I am especially sensitive to bad, man made, chemical, toxic unnatural shit.

Like cigiarettes for example. I became so allergic to tobacco smoke in 2005 I had to avoid it ever since, I really can't go in a house where there is smoke, or stand near people smoking outdoors.

However, ready rolled cigs are 100 × worse than rolling tobacco! Literally, so unnaturally toxic and poisonous.

Not being judgemental, I firmly beleive that smoking cigiarettes is arguably the most insane thing anybody does regularly.

Natural tobacco on the other hand, I can get, but sure a debate could be had on what place it holds in the ideal world.

Anyway, just an example. I am a real mining canary for bad stuff. But I also react severely to many harmless things too. I can usually tell if it is just a harmless inconvenient reaction, or a case of toxic assault. But not always in every case obviously.
So I wanted to try the Brick, but was unsure whether the butane would cause me any issues. So I did some trials with my dynavap quad torch through a bubbler.

And sure enough, there was a major respiratory reaction. I used the cleanest butane going. Im not saying the the butane is harmful or toxic, but there was plenty of stuff there for me to react to at least.

And that is my simple point! Thank you for listening, have a good day. :)

Chicken #420

Wow!
Thank you all for the great feedback on my search! :)

I learned a lot by reading this thread. I also have a confession of sorts to make as well.

I made a decision yesterday evening, after contemplating a few of the replies to this thread. I finally realized exactly what it was that I was struggling with... and it has to do with choosing between two options that AT FIRST, you think are roughly identical in purpose... only to later discover are actually distinct and different by nature. Reading through this thread has made me aware that the flower pot is actually kind of a different class of vapes, the "connoiseur" vape.

While having the very best of equipment is all fine and well, especially if it can be had at a similar (or lower) price than it's competitors, there is another factor to consider. The "best" product is not necessarily best at everything, and we all have differing values with respect to these subtle differences in performance and utility.

I sat under a tree yesterday evening considering all of my combusting friends, and considered which of the two vapes I was considering buying MIGHT convince one or more of them to abandon their joint rolling ways and see the light of the vapor. When considering this question, the E-Nano suddenly became the only real choice for me, for that factor alone. While it's true that maybe one or two of my more "techie" friends might prefer the Flower Pot, I think that most of my family and friends would probably warm up MUCH faster to the warm, simple, direct ease of use of the E-Nano over the complex operational nature of the Flower Pot.

Is that it then for the Flower Pot? Well... I will say this about it: I had enough of a difficult time trying to make my decision. Difficult enough that the FP continues to be in my thoughts... and just might eventually make it into my rarified minimalist vape world, along with my other 3. In any case, it is a GREAT testament to the company (NewVape) that I sent in a request form saying that I was considering one of their vaporizers but wanted to talk with someone over the phone, and to my surprise this morning, the owner himself had sent his personal phone number! Badass customer service, NewVape... keep it up... you might just win me as a customer after all! :)

Is this how VAS starts? :D

Top Bottom