ABV question on volcano

baurman

I was just wondering, if I only used 2 bags on my Volcano and I stopped... can I re-use those same vaped buds the next day and get to the same level I was? If so, what settings do I use? I did a session last night and I grinded up my weed super super fine, almost til it was like salt. I covered the screen and filled a turkey bag at 369*F and then I re-grinded my weed and did a bag at 374*F but after that I was really, really stoned. I was going to finish it off at 390*F but after the 2nd bag, I couldn't. I was already where I wanted to be so I just put everything away.

But now, I am ready to vape again.. and I am wondering how to go on about in doing this to be at the same level I was at last night. Should I grind up the same weed a little more, and then start where I left off and vape it at 390*F? Or should I start off at the setting I last did it, 374*F? Or will that not give any effect since I already vaped it at that temperature last night? Should I mix last night's with more ABV buds from my stash? I'm clueless. Help me out FC...

baurman,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Depending on how much herb you used, there might not be all that much left. Certainly a lot of the aromatics will be gone. If you already ground, vaped, reground and vaped a second bag, I don't think that grinding a third time would yield better results than just going ahead and vaping a 3rd+ bags w/o regrinding. Try going up to 390 and find out what a bag is like.

I can almost guarantee that what you get out of it won't be the same as the first 2 bags. But it can still be very, very good.

Experiment; there is no 'proper' way to go about it. But it sounds like you are on the right track.

Tom

tdavie,

luchiano

baurman said:
I was just wondering, if I only used 2 bags on my Volcano and I stopped... can I re-use those same vaped buds the next day and get to the same level I was? If so, what settings do I use? I did a session last night and I grinded up my weed super super fine, almost til it was like salt. I covered the screen and filled a turkey bag at 369*F and then I re-grinded my weed and did a bag at 374*F but after that I was really, really stoned. I was going to finish it off at 390*F but after the 2nd bag, I couldn't. I was already where I wanted to be so I just put everything away.

But now, I am ready to vape again.. and I am wondering how to go on about in doing this to be at the same level I was at last night. Should I grind up the same weed a little more, and then start where I left off and vape it at 390*F? Or should I start off at the setting I last did it, 374*F? Or will that not give any effect since I already vaped it at that temperature last night? Should I mix last night's with more ABV buds from my stash? I'm clueless. Help me out FC...
Like tdavie stated, it would be no reason to grind it again if you did a good grind like you stated and if you vaped out the aromatics(essential oils that vape at low temperatures) there would be no need to vape at those temperatures the next day. You need to raise the temp to get the other chemicals that vape at higher temperatures.

Just vape at 390f until you get no vapor and then eat some nuts, seeds or avocado anyway you like and just ingest the abv. I don't think you would want to mix it with your food because you might not like the flavor but I wouldn't throw it out because there is still more nice relaxing oils left like beta carophyllene that vaporize at a higher temperature but I explained this already in your other thread.

Also, you might not like the taste of the vape when rasing the temp to 390f so a good tip would be to put some type of flavored water in a bong such as green tea or chamomile tea without the sugar and put your bag into the bongs bowl and inhale. This will give it a better taste and add some moisture. Using a small bong would be better than a big one because you can keep the vapor concentrated which means less exhaled and more inhaled.

I'm assuming my directions worked and you like the volcano now?

If you keep going and not stopping at 374f in a session you would get even higher than you already were. Also the small inhale tip I gave will raise the already potent high.

I'm glad to see you high and not feeling like you wasted money because I know how that feels and I hate it that's why I posted such a long post in your other thread to help you because the volcano is a good product and since you already have it no need to get rid of it especially for vapes with no temp setting because temperature will come in handy for vaping different herbs.

Stay high and healthy.

luchiano,

baurman

Luchiano, thanks for the tips. You really helped me understand a lot more about vaporizing at the different temperatures going deeper into the plant. The main problem I think I did was not grinding the weed enough. The grinder I have is a 4pc kief grinder that has huge holes in it, so whenever I grind the weed, it just falls through the big holes and never grinded properly (like salt), so what I did was, I grinded it in the kief grinder, then cut it up with scissors until it was like salt. That was the key. and sure enough, I also read that not properly grinding your weed will not give you good results. But I also covered the whole screen of the Chamber so I used a little bit more than normal. I ordered a replacement volcano acrylic grinder for $12 shipped because I read that this grinder can get you better results then the kief grinder with holes.

I tried using last nights bowl again at 390*F but unfortunately, it didn't do anything. When you exhale your vapor... do you just exhale it in one breath or slowly exhale? Because I slowly inhale and then hold my breath for about 5-10 seconds to let the THC absorb, and when I release my breath I just blow it all out. Does it matter how you exhale?

I have a tupperware of all my AVB because when I save up about 15 grams I'm gonna use it to make brownies. Which I am very excited to do because I've always wanted to eat edibles, but never wanted to put 5 grams of weed and would rather of smoked it. Now I can vaporize and cook with the remains. I'd have to say last night is the most high i've gotten, and it was due to very crucial steps that I wasn't doing properly... having the weed be cut up as much as possible where it's fine like salt and re-grinding again after the 1st bag.

baurman,

luchiano

baurman said:
Luchiano, thanks for the tips. You really helped me understand a lot more about vaporizing at the different temperatures going deeper into the plant. The main problem I think I did was not grinding the weed enough. The grinder I have is a 4pc kief grinder that has huge holes in it, so whenever I grind the weed, it just falls through the big holes and never grinded properly (like salt), so what I did was, I grinded it in the kief grinder, then cut it up with scissors until it was like salt. That was the key. and sure enough, I also read that not properly grinding your weed will not give you good results. But I also covered the whole screen of the Chamber so I used a little bit more than normal. I ordered a replacement volcano acrylic grinder for $12 shipped because I read that this grinder can get you better results then the kief grinder with holes.

I tried using last nights bowl again at 390*F but unfortunately, it didn't do anything. When you exhale your vapor... do you just exhale it in one breath or slowly exhale? Because I slowly inhale and then hold my breath for about 5-10 seconds to let the THC absorb, and when I release my breath I just blow it all out. Does it matter how you exhale?

I have a tupperware of all my AVB because when I save up about 15 grams I'm gonna use it to make brownies. Which I am very excited to do because I've always wanted to eat edibles, but never wanted to put 5 grams of weed and would rather of smoked it. Now I can vaporize and cook with the remains. I'd have to say last night is the most high i've gotten, and it was due to very crucial steps that I wasn't doing properly... having the weed be cut up as much as possible where it's fine like salt and re-grinding again after the 1st bag.
I don't know why you aren't getting high after raising the temperature and you're still getting vapor. The only thing I could think of is maybe you didn't eat before puffing and it affected it?. I don't know, that's weird. Have you tried raising the temperature up to 400f because thc will be released at around 392 and in a curve meaning it won't be released all at once so a few bags will get it all out if you use 390f

I do like you do with the inhale but I exhale through my nose. Maybe you should mix some of your abv with some fresh herb and that may help but I also think you should separate each strain you get because some strains are gonna react different from others and if you put all of them together you won't know what temperature works with what strain.

As far as grinders I heard the volcano grinder is good but for a really good grinder you should get the easyleaf electric grinder it really is perfect for vaporizing but it is also good for smoking because it grinds the herb very fine. The motor is replaceable and it separates the kief for you like manual grinders do. They also sell a rechargeable battery charger that comes with a battery so you don't have to keep buying batteries.

Metal version
http://www.easyleaf.co.uk/online_store/easyleaf_electric_grinder.cfm

Antishock version:
http://www.easyleaf.co.uk/online_store/blue_plastic_grinder.cfm

luchiano,

Raf007

Retailer
Did you vaped it until you had no more vapor at all ?

Last time I did that, cranked the Cano at 7 (was on 6 the previous evening), did not get any high, but I just continued to vape until I could not see any more vape. I then realized I was, not high, but tired and with a slightly buzz that lead me to a small nap.
I think, it's because in your bowl the only remaining active ingredients, are CBN and sedative components. So there isn't really any high anymore.

But that also really depends on the amount, the number of balloon, the quality of weed and yourself.

Raf007,

luchiano

I did more thinking about why you didn't get high even though you raised the temperature and realized the reason is because a lot of the thc degraded into cbn and this chemical gives a tired lethargic feeling but no high. This why Raf007 felt like he did.

When you vaporize you are bringing a lot of oxygen and light into your herb and overtime it degrades the oils such as thc. Now this doesn't happen right away but overnight will be enough time for it to happen when you consider you are bringing heat along with the oxygen and we know heat speeds things up. Plus oil absorbs oxygen like a sponge so being that thc is an oil you can see why leaving your bud in the vape chamber overnight will degrade the thc into cbn(cannabinol)

This is why you should vape small amounts and use the right temperatures because if you don't you end up wasting herb if you want to get high. Using just enough to satisfy your needs for a specific time keeps your usage low and abv low.

As far now you can load a big bowl of your abv and it should give some type of high because I doubt all of the thc degraded into cbn but your best bet would be to eat it the way I described and just start using small amounts and vaping at low temperatures and raise the temperatures up to 400f to get blazed as much as possible while only having a small amount of abv to give a nice little relaxation to the body due to the beta carophyllene left over.

luchiano,
Top Bottom