Abv+iso question w/pics

BL4sT

Hi!

I had probably an ounce vaped that I save.. I vaped it till dark brown.. so probably not much potency left!

I decided to try something for fun, I used iso70% , the 30% more is water, so i don't think it's a problem. I mixed it and hardly shake for a minute.. and extract the liquid with a coffee filter. Take about 24h to evaporate, and it seems that it maybe worked. It gives some dark resin.. really sticky and smelly.. and I don't trust it. So I wanna have your opinions. I did that as a fun test haha And now, I'm thinking about smoking it.. but, is it safe? any potency remaining?

Thank's!

41572546.jpg

98761799.jpg

68857947.jpg

BL4sT,

Anthony

Anthony
+1 to this, if it is safe and works good I have 4 ounces of vaped bud im waiting to use!

Anthony,

Nosferatu

Maybe it needs a little more time to evaporate ALL the alcohol, I thought you were sposed to wait 3 days, but I'm not certain. But if you are certain it is evaporated than there is no reason it would be UNSAFE, the only thing is it might not be too potent. But only one way to find out... :brow:

Nosferatu,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
looks like its almost completely evaporated, the rest will be a bit of water. leave it overnight next to a medium speed table fan. before you smoke be sure to smell it to be certain your evaporated all the alcohal.

if you fan it overnight it will probably be ready by morning.

gettin lifted,

Nosferatu

That sounds smart just wait one more night cuz you used alot of bud and might as well be sure.

Nosferatu,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
By what you have described and posted...it looks like a successful QWISO batch. Should smoke great....might not taste great though. Just let it go over night to be safe...and then have fun tomorrow.

finchrock24,

BL4sT

Thank's all for your answer, that forum is awesome.

I'll try it probably soon. I still have wand hash from my buddha.. and damn, I'm afraid now to try it... the first time I tried that , it knocked me out on the floor haha

That one will be probably less potent... i'll give some news!

BL4sT,

OO

Technical Skeptical
looks good, interesting how low the quantity is from so much, and yet it appears honeyish when spread out,

nice.

OO,

BL4sT

It was an ounce of weed, and not of ABV.. So i guess after vaping it's about .. 10g of abv?

Is it normal that it's sparks as hell when smoking? A friend of me wanted to test it, so he did. The high wasn't that great, think it's normal due to the ABV.. all darkbrown, maybe 4-5moths old.. But the sparks was intense, i don't trust that. Any explaination? Ty!

BL4sT,

Hery Vappy

I've seen sparks from resin scraped from multiple bowls. We called it the sparkle. 3 of us smoking it turned us into crazy people for about 20 minutes. If I only had that conversation on tape:lol:

Hery Vappy,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
try adding ABV back into the ISO and stirring just as it finishes drying out, then you can put it back into your vape, and you will get more out of it that trying to smoke it in a regular pipe. I find i need to turn my vape up just a bit, and put less, and each bowl lasts about 1.5x as long, and is stonier than my home mids (but, yeah, nasty taste usually).

VWFringe,

treecityrnd

BL4sT said:
But the sparks was intense, i don't trust that. Any explaination? Ty!
Any more tests runs (or sparking)? I want to do the same QWISO but don't want to waste the ABV. The coconut oils i've been making with half/half are great. Thanks.

treecityrnd,

Brenard420

Creepin in the shadows!
I tried this and got a thick black chuncky consistency. almost like resin. it looked and smelled disgusting. i left it for a few days but nothing changed and i could still smell alcohol in the mix. I through it out. Gonna try baking with my ABV next time.

Brenard420,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
as far as sparking with your oil, i have never seen this! what are you using to ingest your oil? i think you may be getting metal shavings in your oil (resin from scrapings from a metal pipe?). are you using a bic lighter?

if there was alcohol left in the oil it will catch on fire, not sparkle.

blast: i have found that 1gram of fresh meds = 0.65grams of abv. however, i am sure if do this measurement again i will get a different number depending on all sorts of variables, such as, how much you grind, vape, revape, regrind, etc.

notmyrealUSERname,

treecityrnd

No sparking here :lol: or :uhoh:
Anyway, I posted this earlier in a different thread (double post, sorry) but this seems like the proper place to ask:

Did a QWISO last night with 50/50 White Widow/ABV. 28g total mass, 91% Iso, 40 sec wash, fan dry, no heat.

I did notice that as my ISO was evaporating under fans I got a milky white substance before it finally evaporated into a beautiful dark amber. After a lot of research, I've only found one pic of someone doing the slow/fan evaporation process that actually showed this milky color. Most of the "quick" dry methods (heating, etc.) dont ever show this effect.

There is also some white reside on the pyrex dish (where oil is not present) which would signal to me impurities in the process. I used 91% Iso, but did squeeze the unbleached coffee filters to remove all the extra iso extract. I've heard that the "squeeze" could potentially add unwanted matter to my extract. Its not something that I can even really "scrape" with the razor, but there appears to be some very, very fine particles in there (which is why i suggest the impurities from the squeezing).

Any advice or ideas would be much appreciated before my next run...Thanks.

Sorry no pics, camera is charging after all my documenting last night...

EDIT: BTW - this is my first oil/concentrate experiment. As I said in another thread, I'll try BHO when it's not -25 degrees outside (and now 8+ in. of snow...SNOW DAY!). Someday...Simpson Oil medicine :cool:

treecityrnd,

treecityrnd

Dried, scraped, collected 2.6g from original 28g = 10% yield. Ok, sounds low to me, but i'll try it...
:ko:
exactly what i was looking for, bedtime medicine
I think I like the 50/50
I gotta go learn how to post pics.
Thanks for the info/tips! Now I'm all excited to try it again...

treecityrnd,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
you can do the same with grain alcohol and then redissolve the goo in butter or other fat and bake with it!

herbgirl,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
you could also re-vape that if you disolve it again in 91% and dry it again, but just before it's completely dry add a pinch of ABV and stir gently (I reconstitute my cleaning ISO, after it's dark, onto ABV).

i wash my ABV in water for a day or so (gallon of water) - it's like ice tea that i throw away, and cleans it of tastes and smell

i have to pour gently to avoid losing my fine particles, like filter bed in the strainer, pouring slowly

if you water cure your ABV it'll taste cleaner when you use it for whatever - i powder mine and add it directly to a half batch of brownies (3 finger lid)

VWFringe,
Top Bottom