ABV in smoothies?

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
Has there been discussion in FC about using ABV in smoothies? Seems like it might work and I am just ramping up on making healthy smoothies. I would be excited if that would work. Anyone? Bueller?

Didn't find anything with the FC search engine but it looks like Google is my friend. :doh:

Philreal187

@Little Bill I make a weed shakes all the time in fact i did a really strong one friday. They work well and are just a bit chunky depending on your ratio. I use a nut milk like cashew and peanut butter maybe some hemp protein powder and blend her up!

I think two regular spoon fulls is a good start, I think i was five deep in my last one and it was border line too much haha.

C No Ego

Has there been discussion in FC about using ABV in smoothies? Seems like it might work and I am just ramping up on making healthy smoothies. I would be excited if that would work. Anyone? Bueller?

Didn't find anything with the FC search engine but it looks like Google is my friend. :doh:

a good way is to first add your abv into a nut butter and add lots of lecithin and oils to give the thc/cbd something to bind to as a carrier. add some raw honey too... now add that nut butter mix to your smoothie. . consider dilution ratios by not having to much liquid etc...

a great enhancement is to add some black pepper oil or orange oil in there to increase the bio actives... even grinding up some fresh black peppercorn can work too... this helps ABV because all th eterpenes have evaporated from the ABV when you vaped the herb initially... you are in effect adding terps back in with the essential oils... just do not add to much as it could be to strong

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Milkshakes work with ABV so I'm assuming a smoothie would as well. I made a peanut butter chocolate milkshake and used too much ABV. I was too high initially for the first 12 hours after the 2-3 hours kick in time. The next 12 - 16 hours I just was too tired. I didn't realize that the ABV is very strong.

Be careful to start out with a small amount and work your way up. Start out with a tablespoon or a teaspoon. Often the granular ABV will accumulate at the bottom of your smoothie or shake so keep stirring.

The THC sometimes takes longer than an hour to start working so be very careful when deciding to take more. Do this at night in case you get too high. Then you can sleep it off. Don't plan to go anywhere, no driving to be on the safe side.

Last edited:

C No Ego

Thanks for the replies. I have read somewhere about mixing the ABV with a nut butter to bind it. I am just sorry it has taken me two years to decide to save the ABV.

I gave all my abv away for years... now it gets used in edibles. as @CarolKing mentioned do not do to much and have panic attacks or lethargy! you can use citicoline alongside thc to alleviate the effects of thc... you would need 3 to 5 times more citicoline than thc to be effective at changing the thc effects

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
Milkshakes work with ABV so I'm assuming a smoothie would as well. I made a peanut butter chocolate milkshake and used too much ABV. I was too high initially for the first 12 hours after the 2-3 hours kick in time. The next 12 - 16 hours I just was too tired. I didn't realize that the ABV is very strong.

Be careful to start out with a small amount and work your way up. Start out with a tablespoon or a teaspoon. Often the granular ABV will accumulate at the bottom of your smoothie or shake so keep stirring.

The THC sometimes takes longer than an hour to start working so be very careful when deciding to take more. Do this at night in case you get too high. Then you can sleep it off. Don't plan to go anywhere, no driving to be on the safe side.
Sounds like very reasonable advice. I'll start with a rounded teaspoon some evening next week. Thanks.

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
All I can say now for sure is that I will never discard ABV again.

My first experiment was very promising. I had a smoothie recipe that called for a tablespoon of peanut butter. I got a petite dessert bowl and mixed exactly .25 gram ABV into 1 tablespoon of peanut butter. I let that mixture set for a few hours. When I prepared the smoothie I used baby spinach to wipe the peanut butter from the bowl. The effects were noticeable within an hour. Mostly a body high as expected. Pretty mild so I'll try .4 gram next time and have the smoothie before bed or a nap.

Top Bottom