ABV in hot melty sandwich?

Baked-not-fried

riding the Cannabreak train...
So, is it just a medium with high saturated fat all I'm looking for to cook in? I have lots of ABV and am in the mood for a hot and melty Italian sub. Could I just sprinkle that chit on like herbs and oil and munch it up? Or does it actually have to soak up into something like melty PB and dry crackers. I get that you can do all kinds of wonderful things cooking with canna. I just want that sanny and if I can get my edible fix doing so as well, that's what I'm goona do! Figured I'd just sandwich the ABV in between some cheese slices. Thanks for any input. Stay up!

D

Baked-not-fried,

Andorinter

Abv is already activated. You can indeed eat it that way and you'll get lifted.

Personally, I'd go for it. There is more you can do, like water cure it and infuse it into coconut oil. But if you're just looking to quickly make food, regular abv sprinkled in will do the job.

Andorinter,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I see people complaining about the taste of ABV. You just have to grind it into a flour-like powder, and mix that into a medium that overpowers it. I ate a half-oz of ABV on Sunday in the form of a vanilla/peanut-butter/Nutella milkshake, and I barely tasted the ABV.

That was interesting.

Yes, you can put it in the sandwich, but be careful if it's a heated sandwich, as you don't really want very high temps to damage the remaining cannabinoids.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
FYI
A half ounce of ABV can be too much for some folks to ingest depending on the quality of the ABV. ABV can be very potent and debilitating if it’s too much for your body.

I had an ABV milkshake before and was too medicated. I had far less than a half oz. I was too medicated 20 hours later. I will never do that again. I thought ABV wouldn’t be that potent. I was wrong.

I’m not sure how much I ate? It was ground up like flour it’s was about a 1/4 cup. Go slow when eating ABV. The milkshake that I made was peanut butter chocolate and you couldn’t taste the ABV. It was great tasting. It depends on how you use ABV as to it tasting too over powering. There are flavors that will hide the taste.

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
FYI
A half ounce of ABV can be too much for some folks to ingest depending on the quality of the ABV. ABV can be very potent and debilitating if it’s too much for your body.

I had an ABV milkshake before and was too medicated. I had far less than a half oz. I was too medicated 20 hours later. I will never do that again. I thought ABV wouldn’t be that potent. I was wrong.

I’m not sure how much I ate? It was ground up like flour it’s was about a 1/4 cup. Go slow when eating ABV. The milkshake that I made was peanut butter chocolate and you couldn’t taste the ABV. It was great tasting. It depends on how you use ABV as to it tasting too over powering. There are flavors that will hide the taste.

I was going for too much on purpose this last time. I wanted to see what the upper-end dosage size would do. I went into it expecting to have a bad experience...but didn't. I enjoyed it.

It was a learning experience that convinced me that I'll never get that high with AVB, because I have no interest in eating larger quantities, and that half-oz only gets me to a [6]. A quarter-oz got me to a [5]. So, it would seem that, with my digestive system, anything over a quarter-oz has diminishing returns as I increase quantity. I'll probably just stick to ten-gram doses once in a while when I want to ensure that I get a good night's sleep/when I'm in pain.

Baked-not-fried

riding the Cannabreak train...
Well, I had the melty sandwich sans ABV. Between the puking pic and the thought of farkin' up a good sanny, I opted for a longer wait and steeped it in coconut oil. The sanny was the bomb and so was the hot chocolate with cannaoil later that evening. I bet that smoothy trick works like a champ for a quickie though!

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
FYI

I agree with @CarolKing about going slow when eating ABV. I think it depends on the strain, what temp it was vaporized at, and how you eat it.

I vaporize my weed at 170c-185c and even 1/4 heaping teaspoon (.25 gram?) of ABV gives me several hours of relaxation. It is fine ground and I usually mix with peanut butter and eat on toast (waffle). I get the effect within 60-90 minutes. Yesterday I poured the spoon into a smoothie with veggied and frozen fruit. It took at least 3 hours to take effect.

ABV is less predictable than my weed but it is free. Waste not, want not.

UnevenPizza

I dream of Pizza
I agree with @CarolKing about going slow when eating ABV. I think it depends on the strain, what temp it was vaporized at, and how you eat it.

I vaporize my weed at 170c-185c and even 1/4 heaping teaspoon (.25 gram?) of ABV gives me several hours of relaxation. It is fine ground and I usually mix with peanut butter and eat on toast (waffle). I get the effect within 60-90 minutes. Yesterday I poured the spoon into a smoothie with veggied and frozen fruit. It took at least 3 hours to take effect.

ABV is less predictable than my weed but it is free. Waste not, want not.

Another factor I'm only starting to consider paying more attention to is what you eat/ate during the day, and when.
I had about 3g of AVB in Gel Caps the other day, and only had a mild head buzz - but was more or less out of action the next day, sleeping most of it and through to the next day haha. I had already eaten and also ate more later that day, which may dampen the effect.

And yesterday, I tried a small amount, few tablespoons of oil mixed into yoghurt, and 4 little avb-caps, on a fairly empty stomach (it had been several hours since my last meal). And I was really nicely buzzed for the rest of the evening, and now woke up several hours later still quite baked!

I'm just now reading up on all the interesting AVB threads, up until a week ago I was just throwing it on a peanut butter sandwich (not even ground up finely)...

Top Bottom