ABV Hash/BHO/Oil

treecityrnd

I have not had the courage to destroy my screens (yet) with crumbled brick hash as most report work well in any vape, including the MFLB (interesting...). Thus, I have no experience in vaping hash/oil/bho/etc.

My question:
What does straight brick (bubble) hash ABV look like? I would assume chemically there should be some "remains" as there is some carbon when combusting.

What about BHO ABV? Would it be staight oil w/o any THC? And if so, how would you ever know you vaped all the THC and not starting to vape oil?

And finally, what would Simpson oil look like after vaped? I would assume the higher the THC:plant material/oil ratio, the less ABV would be produced. Thus, Simpson oil being the most potent reduction/form of THC that I currently know of (please correct me or point me in the right direction if I'm wrong, always want to learn more) would thus produce the least amount of ABV.

I'm interested in the VAAAPP but wouldn't know when to "stop" applying heat to a hash/oil (i.e., when all the THC has been vaped). This is just a general guestion about all hash ABV types though, not thread specific or anything. What does a volcano do to oils/hash? I have no experience with this unit but it seems to be the only real vape for oils and dry material (VAAAPP aside as I don't believe the drymaterial reviews are consistant enough to say positive or negative). Please educate me about other home vapes that can do oils and dry material if I'm mistaken. Need to learn :)

treecityrnd,

djonkoman

in my VG I have tried hash, pure it doesn't work(only clogs the screen, mixed with or on top of weed it does work, but doesn't work perfectly
I do get the hashy taste tough and the bowl lasts a lot longer with thicker vapor, but often I feel like there's still more in the hash if the bowl is finished so often I just resort to smoking if I have hash

djonkoman,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
OK I'm French and I consume hash daily. I also consume MJ, my wife though is 100% hash.

When I'm talking of hash these are the concentrates I use:

Imported hash: Traditional Marocco & Afghan hash: resine + pollen + khieff on which pressure/heat or both, has been applied: you'll get a block of yellow, brown, black sticky/flexible material. This has resinous & flower flavors. It's potency is variable.

Qwiso: clean my vape accesories with absolute ethanol (drinkable), after evaporation: collect what is left. Flavor is not the interest, potency is high. I sparkle some on my MJ bowls. No combustion in my ABV so there shouldn't be any carbone, right?

"Skunk Hash" : Pressed khieff: I use both methods (traditional press for pallets or the iron + cano balloons plastic/sandwich plastic method). I do this because I harvest A LOT of khieff and I am afraid of oxydation/alteration of the trichs when stocked for too long in the powder mode. Pure trichs, half green half brownish, flavor/smell IMPRESSIVE. Potency too of course!

Oil: From time to time I get oil (I suppose it's what U call "Simpson Oil"). Very concentrated, liquid, brown, unflavored.

For all of these, I have chosen the Cano. As I also use the Cano for MJ and knowing the concentrates will leave resinous flavors in the balloon and alterate the flavor of your next MJ balloon, I decided to have a double setting:

Solid Chamber + SS screen with its own balloon: for MJ

AND

Solid Chamber + SS "liquid pad" with its own balloon: for 80% of the imported Hashs, for Qwiso, for Pressed Khieff OR Liquid Chamber + SS "liquid pad" with its own balloon: for the 20% remaining imported hash that are too gummy/liquid and for the oil.

And yes sometimes I use my SSV with hash but I'll build a sandwich: MJ/hash/MJ in my bowl to prevent from any clogging issue.
But IMO, the volcano with specific hash & liquids settings is the most efficient: for example, with 0,1 g of hash, I can do 5 very tasteful, and very thick balloons...
It's the only setting where you can use liquids & concentrates PURE with no issues. The secret IS the SS Liquid pad and the design of the liquid chamber for oils!

FLskwat,

treecityrnd

^^^what is left on the pad after you vape it (oil or press) with the Cano? Is there any, what would be considered ABV or residue? Id love to see a picture of some pure hash that has been vaped (and temp at which you vaped it for reference, as i hypothesize it may drastically alter look of hash ABV similar to plant ABV).

If you can easily find Rick Simpson's oil, then youve got a gold mind my friend! Thats REAL medicine.

treecityrnd,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Oil: nothing but a brown coloration of the pad...when cold, nothing comes out of the pad.

pressed: if previously broken, almost nothing: it will go in the pad's guts + coloration of the pad// if not broken, like if you put a chunk...you will see it melt and incorporate the first layer of the pad, the left overs will be so thin you'll only see the brown coloration. When the pad is cold, both will deliver a thin powder, when you "clean" the pad.

Pictures...I'm not very fund of... the French legislation etc... but maybe I will!

And yes oil: I don't get it easily and and it is so expensive!!!! So when I get 5 ml. I take extra care of it! I've been sitting on a few gold mines for decades LOL but stopped considering them as incomes a few years ago! Only personal pleasure now! ;)

FLskwat,

treecityrnd

max said:

Thanks. The second and third links are where I did a lot of my research, and love the Hakko/Phedor + hash/oil method. Very efficient IMO. However, if your are touching the ceramic element to the hash/oil, you are combusting. The Phedor is temp rated well above combustion temps for plant materials & THC. Thus, not true vaporization unless used as directed (hover over bowl without combusting and use inhale like whip system).

Maybe I didnt make myself clear. I'm not asking about making hash from ABV (already done that with all the great info here at FC, thanks to everyone!). I want to know:

What does hash look like after its been vaped? There is carbon in hash, so there must be some vaped hash residue IMO unless you combust it.

treecityrnd,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
treecityrnd said:
What does hash look like after its been vaped? There is carbon in hash, so there must be some vaped hash residue IMO unless you combust it.

Normal traditional hash: organic black powdery to sticky (it depends how dry to gummy your product was) residue... It will not melt nor clogg your pad: you can "take it out" with your fingers at the end...

The rest, as described in my previous post...

FLskwat,

treecityrnd

FLskwat said:
treecityrnd said:

Normal traditional hash: organic black powdery to sticky (it depends how dry to gummy your product was) residue...

The rest, as described in my previous post...

Thanks! So there is ABV hash (to be differentiated from hash made from ABV). Its just difficult to picture it in my head since the press hash is usually brownish to begin with. As for oil, I woild have no idea when all the THC was vaped but oil was still present (i.e. ABV BHO or ABV Simpson). Temp control would help, keep it below the flash/boil/vapor temp of the oil but in the 170 - 240C range for THC vaping (big range for different subjective and physiological effects)...thinking out loud...

treecityrnd,

max

Out to lunch
treecityrnd said:
Maybe I didnt make myself clear.
It looks more like I didn't take the time to get a clear understanding of what info you were looking for. ;)

max,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
treecityrnd said:
So there is ABV hash (to be differentiated from hash made from ABV). Its just difficult to picture it in my head since the press hash is usually brownish to begin with. As for oil, I woild have no idea when all the THC was vaped but oil was still present (i.e. ABV BHO or ABV Simpson). Temp control would help, keep it below the flash/boil/vapor temp of the oil but in the 170 - 240C range for THC vaping (big range for different subjective and physiological effects)...thinking out loud...

Yes there is ABV hash... it looks like the tar chunks on a beach after a boat fuel leak (half sandy, half sticky) :D and its structure depends on the original product's moist/oiliness.
For Oil: with the Cano's pad: the liquids will go inside in 2 mn. (plus with heat the oil becomes even more liquid...). You won't be able to control it visually and you'll have to control the temperature of your pad's stainless steel mesh!

FLskwat,

OO

Technical Skeptical
the best stuff i have made which is quick melting, and quick boiling is the condensed vapor that i ISO wash off of my HA. it resembles amber sap. after vaping, there is no residue.

OO,

Nosferatu

OO said:
the best stuff i have made which is quick melting, and quick boiling is the condensed vapor that i ISO wash off of my HA. it resembles amber sap. after vaping, there is no residue.

How do you make it into oil form?

Nosferatu,

treecityrnd

OO said:
How do you vape it? Cano? VAAAPP? Im trying to get the most data possible to see if my theories pan out. :cool:... :rolleyes: im a dork

treecityrnd,

OO

Technical Skeptical
Nosferatu said:
OO said:

when the alcohol evaps off the oil is left behind.

treecityrnd said:
OO said:
How do you vape it? Cano? VAAAPP? Im trying to get the most data possible to see if my theories pan out. :cool:... :rolleyes: im a dork
i personally take the sap, scrape some on to a pile of ultrafinely ground herb then i roll it into a cylinder and put it in my glass straw vape, i've also put it on top of herb and put it in the herbalaire, or put it in the glass straw straight up, but the last option is the most difficult, because it has a habit of running.

OO,

Nosferatu

OO said:
Nosferatu said:
OO said:

treecityrnd said:
OO said:
i personally take the sap, scrape some on to a pile of ultrafinely ground herb then i roll it into a cylinder and put it in my glass straw vape, i've also put it on top of herb and put it in the herbalaire, or put it in the glass straw straight up, but the last option is the most difficult, because it has a habit of running.

Oh I thought you made it into oil oil like hash oil whatever its called that you melt off a pin. If you just meant the way it is right after the evap I do that too, but if your making it into BHO like oil let me know!

Nosferatu,

OO

Technical Skeptical
Nosferatu said:
OO said:
Nosferatu said:

treecityrnd said:

Oh I thought you made it into oil oil like hash oil whatever its called that you melt off a pin. If you just meant the way it is right after the evap I do that too, but if your making it into BHO like oil let me know!
they're one and the same.

OO,
Top Bottom