ABV Flour

vape4health

I know that I and a few others have posted about just putting your abv staight into whatever your making . I think jeffp was one of the first I remember posting about not staining your abv and this is like another step in that direction . I tried making the butter but Im not very gifted in the kitchen area so it turned into a great big mess and I'm not sure how much of the goodies I really got back , I may have cooked it too hot or long or something but I didnt like all the hassle . I know some of you guys think its crazy to just eat the abv but it works for me and just about anyone that I have given a cookie .

So I have cut it down to just the nitty gritty , no homemade batter , no butter . I start with my ABV , mine is close to cooked , mostly brown but still a few greener piece's but no black . I use a Mr. Coffee 12 cup grinder ( 15-20 bucks from waly if I remember ) it holds around 15 grams and still grinds it up right . I set the grinder on fine , it has fine , med and coarse , it will only run for so long then stop I have to release to button then hold again , I do that like 3 times per grinder full mixing and cleaning the walls of the grinder inbetween times , I'm sure you could do it longer but 3 times seem to get it into fine enough powder for me . After I have my abv flour I add about 30 grams to the dry ingr of a Betty Crocker Peanut Butter bag of cookie mix and mix it really well because it hard to get it blended in after everything is wet . I then just make the cookies as the directions say . I have tried the flour with brownies also but I like the cookies because they only cook for 8-10 min.

I'm gearing up to make like 8 batch's for a trip , I mean a real travel trip not :whoa:

The amount of abv you use depends on a bunch of things , how cooked is it , how good was it befor vaping , how much do you vape , how fucked do you want to be , a hole bunch of stuff . You can always eat another piece or another cookie but once you realize " oh shit , this is too much " there is nothing you can do but ride it out . :peace:

Edit : I tried Betty Crocker sugar cookies around a month ago , to me the taste is like fucking terrible , I think because their is no real strong taste in the sugar cookie but it didnt taste like ABV it was a weird almost a little bit sour kinda , bad real bad . My friends eat em up but I dont see how .

vape4health,

Nosferatu

The only downside I have heard people say about eating ABV(versus straining it out like in most recipes) is that you get nasty ABV smelling burps and farts. But Ive never tried so you didnt hear that from me.. ;)

Nosferatu,

vape4health

Im a bit gassy as is :p not sure I would notice , but good point .

I can see that could be a big problem , I have made somewhere around 10 batch's in the past year , I eat em and share with people that I have let slip , all the time they are like " hey man you got any cookies " . No one has said anything about it , not sure if they would though .

vape4health,

lepstadder

The taste as well

I am looking to experiment with watercuring

Maybe ill try that then this

lepstadder,

vape4health

Ok , I didnt get to make all that I wanted tonight but I did get 3 batch's done .

1) Peanut Butter cookie mix and I added around 1 cup of white chocolate , half got pressed with a fork and the other half got divided into kiss like cookies , some mini reece's pb cups , some hershey hugs and some regular kiss' . I added 20 grams of ABV flour . They taste ok . The ones with the pb cups are the best .

2) PB mix I added around 1 cup of peanut butter chips , they are just like chocolate chips , this batch got spill 3 ways , pb cups , kiss' and hugs . 20g ABV flour , the pb cup ones are fucking bomb . I dont mind the ABV taste but still I think most people would say yeah them are ok .

3) Just regulare chocolate chip , added 20g ABV flour , they are ok-ish . For some reason they almost taste like the chocolate burned , I may have over cooked them , its my first time making c. chip cookies so maybe thats it .

Im done baking tonight but I think the rest that I make will be PB mix with PB chips and PB cups on top . I must have a peanut butter thing :lol:

vape4health,
vape thats gr8 what temp did u cook em? always thot that cookie wud b better because lower temp/time may b ok, than say brownies dependin on thickness , lower temp may need mor time??thcx???????????????

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

vape4health

I cook at 375 as the bag says but your right its only for 10 min at most and the center of the cookie never really getts up to that temp . I tried doing some at lower temp like I started at 325 then up to 350 but the I couldnt get the lower temp ones to cook right , the middles were still like fresh batter .

Again , I have no skill at all in the kitchen , Im learning to bake with ABV .

And I take no credit for any of the ABV stuff , if it wasnt for FC I would probobly be throwing it out .

vape4health,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
the pb seems to be the right way to go. since you aren't doing an extraction first, my guess is that the fat of the pb may do the extracting for you - in situ if you will.
i don't do mixes, but i'm sure some of the mistakes i've made things i've learned about baking scratch cookies over the years could apply here. since you 'have no skill in the kitchen' lol i'll start with the basics...
so here goes...

make sure you preheat the oven. yeah, easy i know, but something i forget often :)

the 20 grams of ABV flour may not seem like much, but baking is all about precision. throwing more dry ingredient in there without balancing it out with some more wet ingredients *may* cause problems. I knock back the flour in my recipe when i add the abv, by that amount. in your case, you may want to consider adding a bit of melted butter or some oil to the recipe's required liquid if the dough seems dry. but then again, i could be talking out of my ass, as i'm not familiar with mixes.

the center of the cookie will never be as done as the edges, they may burn if you try to get the middle 'done', i actually kinda like my cookies a lil soft in the middle. i pull them from the oven when they look like 90% - 95% done and the edges are set.

they continue to cook on the sheet as they are cooling, so take that into consideration. generally, they need to sit on the sheet for a few minutes (to cool, set and finish with carry over cooking) before being transferred to a cooling rack for a bit.

remember *cooling is a very important part of the baking process*

try to start fresh cookies on a cooled cookie sheet. the cool uncooked dough will melt and spread on a warm sheet and affect the final texture of the cookie. all the leavening goes away before it can be trapped in the baking dough and you get a flat greasy cookie. yuck. i have four same sized sheets that i rotate when i do big batches so there are always two cooling and two baking.

as for the underdone cookies, ovens vary quite a bit in temp. your oven may run cool, or you may have had your cookie sheet in a cooler spot of the oven. believe it or not, even a dirty oven can knock back it's temperature by enough to make a difference. even something as simple as the color of the cookie sheet can influence bake time. dark nonstick sheets have a shorter baking time than my beat up old cheapie aluminum ones, but the aluminum ones are thinner and will burn cookie edges quickly if i get :ko: distracted :brow:

not sure about lowering the temps, never done that. cookies need a certain temp to set properly. maybe make them smaller so the dough can be done at a lower temp?
while you are experimenting, i wouldn't change more than one factor at once so you can really track what is going on from specific changes. the chips, pb cups and such will also play a part in the heat distribution in the dough. if there are too many chunks in there, it affects how they cook.

oh, yeah, and the chocolate chips - did you use milk chocolate, semi sweet or dark chips? i prefer a blend of 1/3 milk and 2/3 semi sweet. all milk is too sweet and all semi is not quite right. dark chips always taste burnt to me.

good luck with the last batch and keep reporting results and asking questions!

herbgirl,

vape4health

Thanks herbgirl , that may be what I needed , all of it . So far Im just kinda mixing the shit up then setting a timer so I dont burn them , I cant tell from looking if they are done so I set a timer for 9 min ( bags says 8-10 min ) and pull them out when the timer says to .

I was woundering what kinda good advice you have , I seen from other post that you are a REAL chef , not just some stoner trying to not burn stuff .

Shooting for another 5 batch's today , its starts to get hard after you sample too many :ko:

Edit : about the c chips cookies , I dont know what kind of chocolate they are , they come in the bag of mix .

vape4health,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
vape4health said:
I was woundering what kinda good advice you have , I seen from other post that you are a REAL chef , not just some stoner trying to not burn stuff .

Aww, vape, that's sweet!

Not a real chef by any means, just a mom and homemaker that has screwed up more times than i care to remember. I figure my goof ups can benefit somebody. the real telling is in the experience. the more times you see a properly baked cookie (or an all out fucked up one for that matter) you get better at judging that type of stuff. Plus i have a bent for making almost everything from scratch - way easier to fuck up, but also better for learning, and your health.

and you do have the right idea mixing the abv flour with the dry ingredients. a lot of baking recipes (muffins, cornbread) start with thoroughly mixing the dry ingredients, thoroughly mixing the wet ingredients and then barely combining the two for a batter or dough. it has something to do with a gluten matrix and leavening - and is really beyond the scope of this post, but there you have it. it works.

one thing i forgot - when working with multiple sheets, don't center them both in the oven, stagger them - push one slightly to one side and one to the other, never touching the walls, and rotate the sheets (by turning the sheet so the front is the back and then switching their rack positions and sides - i hope that makes sense) halfway through cooking. try to do it as quickly as possible so you don't lose heat. this will even out the heat and will prevent burnt in the back/raw in the front.

as much as i would like to i can never do more than two sheets at a time. My gas oven is huge, and performs well, but won't bake evenly if the sheets are placed on the racks 'on top of each other' or if i have three or four sheets in there. i guess it messes with the airflow or something.

many, many innocent cookies were sacrificed to gain that knowledge, lemmetellya. took a while to get through my thick skull, so i kept doing it and wondering why my cookies were so burnt/raw/unevenly browned. :lol:

I probably shouldn't sample while i bake with abv - that would be like a recipe for disaster. I can see small kitchen fires, second degree burns, 240 grams of sugar instead of flour or falling asleep while they are cooling to wake up to the dog licking his crumb covered chops :o - no bueno!

as for furthering your baking knowledge, Alton Brown's show Good Eats on the food network is where most of my knowledge base comes from - dude is a food genius, taught me damn near everything i know about baking and cooking.

I think i covered everything, let us know how it goes!

herbgirl,
Top Bottom