• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

ABV Crystal Pie

Vitolo

Vaporist
Morning Vaporists! Hope you are all as waked and baked as I am today. All of my recent testing and experimenting has left me with a nice sized pile of ABV.
I am happy that it is ABV time again here at home! I will give you a brief recipe that I will be starting on in a while, and will show you the results later on.
Todays recipe is called "ABV Crystal Pie". This is sort of a large cookie that I call a pie because I make it in a pie pan. Crystal, because when it is done you will see a sparkle layer across the surface of the cookie, of flat shiny crystals that develop from the evaporation that will take place in the stove during baking.
I begin with 12 grams of ABV (I was shy 2 grams from tradition... no biggy)
I begin with this jar.
Photoon2011-07-27at07422.jpg

My 12 grams are in this jar covered with everclear (about $15 a liter).
I shook the jar heavily, and will be leaving it in the 113 Arizona sun for a couple of hours.
I will then pour the contents through a coffee filter and will squeeze it out well. I will NOT discard the weed.. it is good fiber, and very digestible, and is a part of this recipe.
I will place the alcohol in a large pyrex measuring cup, and sit that cup inside of a large pot of barely boiling water to evaporate (keep flame low.. everclear is 191 proof!)
In a mixing bowl... I will put:
*1/2 cup brown sugar
*1/8 cup of soft butter (1/4 of a bar)
I will mix this together, until blended and add
*1 egg
I will blend with spoon until even
I will then add
*1/2 cup flower
*pinch baking powder
*pinch salt
*1 teaspoon cinnamon
*The wad of squeezed out ABV
Mix well.. It will be thick like cookie dough
*Pour on the everclear solution when it has reduced to 1/2 its volume.. and mix well.
It will now be a thinner mixture.
Place in 350 oven for 18 minutes
It will be flat and very even due to the alcohol used. I will show you when this one is done!

Vitolo,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Woot! Hurry up and cook that pie... Want to see :D Sounds lovely!

Lo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The iMac cam just wont give me gorgeous closeups like you guys take.
I tried my very best to angle the pastry so that the crystals would show, but could not get up close, or it blurred out.
Trust me, it is very pretty up close!
Photoon2011-07-27at11394.jpg

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Exactly!
4 doses is the plan.:) iwien hit the nail on the head.
I will eat two doses, an hour or two apart, and be pretty well medicated.
What you can't see is the pretty crystals.. the iMac wont let me get any closer.
There is a cookie called a "Florentine Pogen"... the less you evaporate the alcohol before you bake, the more bubbling occurs, making it more like a "pogen". In the recipe I said evaporate the alcohol to half volume. I cheated a bit, and reduced it only by 1/3.
mom.. next bite's for you (one bite for lwien too!)

Vitolo,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
:cool: Yummy! Thanks! Now I want a crystal pie ROFL!!

Lo,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Tell you what, I have a shit load of abv saved up again. I might just have to try this, although my last experience with edibles was a bit scary. The problem that time, I think, was that the kief I had mixed in with my brownie mix didn't get dispersed well. Whew! Big lesson learned there.....always mix it in the butter first!

But this looks interesting. And hell....nothing ventured, nothing gained. :brow:

momofthegoons,

Smokey

Cloud Master
Hahahah mom I remember your story xD
Vitolo this recipe is very interesting! Well done! :p I love ABV time!

Smokey,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Damn 3g per serving?! That pie looks killer tho Vito!!

My Flight Cookies w/ Sam Jackson Butter work out to 1g per cookie and 1 whole cookie gets you borderline scary high! That's not just me speaking that's everyone that eats them. Can there really be that much difference in potency with method of preparation? My ABV isn't super light/green or anything standard LB ABV.

Edit: high.

JDSupreme,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Difference may be tolerance and habit of eating weed.
I have been medicating with ABV and other medibles for a very long time.
I ingest an average of 5-6 grams a day, when I am not making a special pastry.
I ate 2 and a half of the four pieces in an afternoon.
Most new medible eaters, are served a half a "slice o' crystal pie"

Vitolo,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Vito, very nice recipe and illustrations, as always!!

Only one concern... No sun light during swamp water process...this is lowering potency of your mixture for sure! ;) Pretty interested about the rest though, well done man!

FLskwat,

Vitolo

Vaporist
FLskwat said:
Only one concern... No sun light during swamp water process...this is lowering potency of your mixture for sure! ;) Pretty interested about the rest though, well done man!
You get a choice during the heating. A couple hours under the sun (in a jar with a top AND a label.. which got peeled off for the picture) or a couple of hours on a low heat stove .. carefully monitored.
The sun can't overheat it or be forgotten as one can forget a stove... so for the past 15 years I use jars and sun when it comes to heating my everclear solutions.

Vitolo,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Vitolo said:
FLskwat said:
You get a choice during the heating. A couple hours under the sun (in a jar with a top AND a label.. which got peeled off for the picture) or a couple of hours on a low heat stove .. carefully monitored.
The sun can't overheat it or be forgotten as one can forget a stove... so for the past 15 years I use jars and sun when it comes to heating my everclear solutions.

THC is "light sensible"...and there is some sort of oxidation (I am not a scentific guys so please confirm/infirm) with the light (even confirmed by the amber color jars for buds or amber color dropper... That's why I always do my evap. at natural temp in a dark environment... I'd love to have someone doing potency comparisons on swamp water protected from light vs. swamp water not protected to confirm this!

FLskwat,

Vitolo

Vaporist
FLskwat said:
THC is "light sensible"...and there is some sort of oxidation (I am not a scentific guys so please confirm/infirm) with the light (even confirmed by the amber color jars for buds or amber color dropper... That's why I always do my evap. at natural temp in a dark environment... I'd love to have someone doing potency comparisons on swamp water protected from light vs. swamp water not protected to confirm this!
I repeat.... This is the reason that I leave a label on the jar during heating. I have a brain injury, and am not safe to heat alcohol solutions on an actual heat source, as I forget if not involved directly with the task.

Vitolo,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
I repeat: "I do my evap. AT NATURAL TEMP. in a dark room" so no heating source involved!!!! LOL...
Anyhow, as stated previously, very interesting recipe...I shall try it soon and give some kind of feedback; thanks again Vito!

FLskwat,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
:lol: Looks like more than one of us has some memory problems! Glad I"m not alone!

I haven't tried this yet, but I'm glad that I re-read about the potency. These do sound strong. I need to take baby steps my next venture with edibles.... So maybe a dose for you Vito would be two for a person with "typical" to low tolerance?

momofthegoons,
Top Bottom