1. Thanks to some very special members we were able to help those in need.
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

ABV capsules

Discussion in 'Cooking with Cannabis' started by Mckdenton, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Lefthook

Lefthook VapoMiner

Just a quick update, took 3 capsulse early monrning before my afternnon flight and it gave me a nice mellow buzz.
    :)
  2. colly

colly Active Member

how long was the flight
  3. Lefthook

Lefthook VapoMiner

hey colly, sorry for the delayed reply, flight was just over 4 hours .
  4. smarc

smarc Well-Known Member

Was thinking of using BadKat's method. Grinding up ABV really fine and mixing it with coconut oil and heating. Anything think this would be a waste?
  5. lepstadder

lepstadder Well-Known Member

No it wouldnt, add some lecithin if you got it
  6. stygian16

stygian16 Active Member

Sorry for necro, super inspiring thread though![​IMG]
  7. battle born

battle born New Member

If I were to extract oil from my ABV using everclear, for the purpose of edibles, is water curing still recommended to clean up the taste/gas?
    Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  8. PPN

PPN Well-Known Member

Why do you mix with coconut oil? Abv capsules work better with it?
    Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  9. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl 200% THC

Coconut oil has a lot of the fats that cannabinoids really like to bind to, moreso than butter and oils. If you can get it, add a little bit of soy lethicin to help emulsify and to help raise bioavailability of cannabinoids. My next cannabis capsule method will be with ABV oil, coconut oil, and soy lethicin. I expect that working with oil instead of plant matter will be much easier, as well as simpler to make the capsules more potent.
    CarolKing and vapor33 like this.
  10. HSIHP

HSIHP Well-Known Member

How do you plan on making the Abv oil?
  11. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl 200% THC

Solvent extract, probably 99% ISO.
  12. HSIHP

HSIHP Well-Known Member

A quick wash or do you let it sit? Sorry if this is not the right thread for this but I've wanted to try this for a while
  13. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl 200% THC

I'll let this stuff sit for a bit. Quick washes are more for when you work with fresh material, where the point is to dissolve the trichomes while minimizing the absorption of water-solubles.
    Deadhead101 likes this.
  14. HSIHP

HSIHP Well-Known Member

And do you let it evap on its own or do you have a special technique?
  15. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl 200% THC

Cheesecloth to cover my Pyrex dish, and a fan at a distance blowing in an open well-ventilated environment. I'm not sure how much I want to play with refining the oil, a complete purge is obvious/necessary for edibles but I'm not sure if it's worth trying winterization (remixing with alcohol and freezing the fats). It'll set me back a day or so at least.

May as well detail the rest, I'm not sure how much oil I will pull as I haven't even weighed my container, but hopefully I can use an equal amount of coconut oil to infuse, add a little bit of soy lethicin. Mix until completely even, maybe add a little bit more coconut oil to thin it out. This will go into some caps while warm and then into the fridge. I'll be using a 3ml syringe to dispense even doses into the caplets, not sure what size I'll get. I'm going to stop by a store or two tomorrow and look at sizes. I'm hoping to find something big enough so that I don't need many caps, and not so big it sucks to swallow. Might give it a shot this weekend.
    CarolKing, Deadhead101 and HSIHP like this.
  16. HSIHP

HSIHP Well-Known Member

Awesome. I'll be right behind you and will try to make a batch this weekend. :tup:

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors