ABV and me, finally ready?

BSki

Correct me if I am wrong, but I read that CBD concentrate pills will actually reduce the THC effect and are a good idea to have on hand in case of accidental over medication.

BSki,
Reactions: grokit

slick

It's been about 5 months since my first attempt with edibles. I recently ran across a post that was about tincture. I figured my next foray into edibles would be with a alcohol extraction.

This time I have about 1.5 grams sitting in about 8 floz of 75% grain alcohol. I let it sit for about a month, the end result was a yellow/brown "morning pee" color with some barely held together plant material on the bottom. Easily decantable.

Figured I would try about 1.5 floz mixed with some soda.
Results: mostly mild but surprisingly potent for an approximate dose of 0.28 g of avb. At a 4 for ~3-4hr. Taste was awful, but that was probably the grain alcohol. Will try it with a more palatable spirit next attempt.
Conclusion: not a bad idea for a nice drink with decent buzz.

lemmeadem

@slick, in my experience tinctures are a little trickier to get results consistently. Have you tried coconut oil? For me it's the easiest way to do edibles/ABV stuffs.

lemmeadem,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

slick

@slick, in my experience tinctures are a little trickier to get results consistently. Have you tried coconut oil? For me it's the easiest way to do edibles/ABV stuffs.
I've thought about it, but based on the amounts I have to work with, it didn't seem practical. Mostly a few grams or less. My impression is that you need 10ish grams or more to make it reasonable extraction. Of course this is just the vague idea I have from reading around. If it's wrong please let me know, I'm always up for experimenting.

slick,
Top Bottom