About to buy a solo, advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

drgreen

So after months I'm gonna buy me a sexy arizer solo,
Then I learn a lot of people complaining of plastics n glues https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/2cea7v/arizer_solo_plastic_smell_toxins/

Now I'm concerned and worried wtf do I get now, I had my heart set on it hoping to ditch my tobacco
Now I feel like not buying it ,

The vape I need was sorted here I'm after
Portability,
Not burning my smoke in 2seconds
Taste
And the ability to have a 1 hit ko vape cloud

Feeling deflated

drgreen,

bellas

You are referencing a post made on Reddit two years ago. I would suggest that you go to the Arizer section and go back thirty pages and read. Just to get yourself caught up on what might have changed over two years.
You might want to check the Arizer Air.
Otherwise you should poke around in some different forums here and see if anything jumps out at you. You may find you're a torch guy and the Supreme is perfect for you. You may want small and portable with torch and so check the Vapman. Maybe you want instant on demand so check Firefly 2 or Mi threads. Maybe your a session girl so hit the Mighty.
It can be daunting at first. Ask lots of questions and bare with us as we pick your brain for things you may find silly or useless. Watch lots of videos on usage and try to understand that there is no ONE vape that is perfect for everyone. That's what can make this journey so exciting and frustrating at the same time.

Last edited:

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Now I'm concerned and worried wtf do I get now, I had my heart set on it hoping to ditch my tobacco
Now I feel like not buying it ,
Do not get downhearted, I quit tobacco by getting an Arizer Solo and I couldn't be happier. I do not recall there being any glue or even 'new vape' smell, unlike my Davinci Ascent, that was decidedly 'new vape' till a few burn offs and sessions.

I didn't read the reddit thread, so don't know if they had a real or potentially fake Arizer, but this is not something I have heard the FC community complain about. It's always good to do a few burn off's with any new vape, as there is always likely to be a little manufacturing residue that needs to be eliminated before proper use.

I take it you always wash new cutlery / crockery before using it for the first time?

As @bellas states, there isn't one vape fits all, and that's not just about how it is powered, I couldn't take my Solo down the pool house on a Friday night and be stealthy, that's what my dab pen is for.

However, the first thing I do when I get home it crack out the Arizer Solo and my bubbler and take a big rip.

I have a friend who has a Solo who is trying to convince me I need an EQ for at home... so I may have more vapes to buy yet... If you get the Solo, you won't be disappointed, but it also won't necessarily mean it's the only vape you'll buy ;)

Good luck with kicking the dreaded tobacco, you've certainly come to the right place and looking at the right tools to achieve it. And I'm speaking from experience of going cold turkey, haven't had a single fag since (wow I just realised, it's been a year this month - really, that went fast - thank you so much FC!!!!!), and all I had was a Da Vinci Ascent and an Arizer Solo, plus the nice folk on FC supporting me all the way!

Jethro

My Solo is the best, I love that thing and use it pretty much every day. I taste nothing but pure, clean, tasty cannabis vapor. Just like 1DMF I get home, feed the dog, while she's having dinner I'm loading up the Solo and then it goes on my D020-D bubbler. Every day. I'll buy another one eventually as a back up but I just bought an Evo so, who knows.

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
@drgreen - I've had my Solo for a long while now and turned 2 other folks on to the Solo. No bad smells and no bad taste.......ever.

IMO - The Solo is an excellent way to get into vaping. It's inexpensive, built like a tank, has excellent battery life, one of the lowest learning curves there is, very efficient with the herb and with all the different ways to use it you'll never get bored. Some folks start out with one and stay with it as their daily driver.

As long as you buy from a reputable retailer (I always suggest Puff-it-up for the Solo because they treat us like family and will price match or even work out a deal of your own if you call them) so you don't get a fake........you won't be sorry.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
If you visit the Solo thread you will see how long it is. There is a lot of useful info but I don't expect you to read the whole thing. I've probably read about 3/4 of it but I can't remember everything that I've read. There are a lot of happy owners. Most of the posts are very positive. We love the Solo so much we want everybody else to love it too.

The Solo and the Arizer products are well made and the real deal. They are made with great materials and a minimal amount of glue.

I use my Solo the most of any of my portables. I have dropped mine and it still works. Also when the battery gets weak you can change it yourself for around $45. I have one Solo that's 3 years old and I still have almost an hour of battery life. A new Solo has 2+ hours of battery life.

You really do get more bang for the buck with a Solo. It will last it's owner a long time. It will still be working when the other portables are dead, broken and thrown away.

A Solo will be a good investment in your health and your cannabis budget. Vaporizers use way less product to get the job done. The Solo will pay you back depending how much cannabis you use within the first few months.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
My Solo is going on 3-1/2 years with flawless ironclad performance. It still looks and performs like brand new. There are no adverse health concerns or issues associated with the Arizer Solo. Look at my signature and see what I have to choose from... Solo always gets the first nod.:nod:

drgreen

thankyou very much for all the replies, it has helped alot,
@bellas if you wana know my brain il tell you my brain :p
type of smoker i am...
medical pain/anxiety/few other conditions too lol and ofc FUN i love it its my way of life cannabis
my meditation my waking bake my nighttime smoke, i smoke 2 joints before i smoke 2 joints and then i smoke 2 more (- sublime lyrics) ;)

basicly i smoke, 3-4 grams a day, but i am awake medicaly from 7am til 3-4am thats right 4 hrs is my max sleep,
tobacco 25grams a week (only with spliff no fags)

i like the taste, i like the feel of it on my chest i love to sit there and toke toke toke,
i got a SSV vape, its good.... but i find all weed tastes the same? is that normal i miss joint flavour
but most annoying bit is i can kill 1 gram in 5 mins, 1 bowl easy, and u need a full bowl to use it,

i like the pax 2s ability to toke all in 1 toke or have 10 small tokes like a spliff, i wana sit there n have a ''joint'' like session 2-3 times an hour which is why i looked at the pax,

the solo seems to match this aswel, altho less discreet, stil portable and easily taken with me and used out n about and ive seen reviews 1 big ass toke and loads small smokey tokes which i liked,

so the solo and the pax seem like bang on to me, i guess model version matters, so solo shop better vs 2nd hand ebay ?
if you know any others that match my messed up typing let me know xD
meantime im checking out the others recomended,

drgreen,

Squiby

i like the pax 2s ability to toke all in 1 toke or have 10 small tokes like a spliff, i wana sit there n have a ''joint'' like session 2-3 times an hour which is why i looked at the pax,

If you are looking for a joint - like experience, nothing would come closer than the Vapcap. It is the size of a cigarette and the ritual is similar to smoking. It is very fun to use! You can microdose and toke all day long or you can pack the bowl and rip it.

Check out the Dynavap thread.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-236

bellas

thankyou very much for all the replies, it has helped alot,
@bellas if you wana know my brain il tell you my brain :p
type of smoker i am...
medical pain/anxiety/few other conditions too lol and ofc FUN i love it its my way of life cannabis
my meditation my waking bake my nighttime smoke, i smoke 2 joints before i smoke 2 joints and then i smoke 2 more (- sublime lyrics) ;)

basicly i smoke, 3-4 grams a day, but i am awake medicaly from 7am til 3-4am thats right 4 hrs is my max sleep,
tobacco 25grams a week (only with spliff no fags)

i like the taste, i like the feel of it on my chest i love to sit there and toke toke toke,
i got a SSV vape, its good.... but i find all weed tastes the same? is that normal i miss joint flavour
but most annoying bit is i can kill 1 gram in 5 mins, 1 bowl easy, and u need a full bowl to use it,

the solo seems to match this aswel, altho less discreet, stil portable and easily taken with me and used out n about and ive seen reviews 1 big ass toke and loads small smokey tokes which i liked,

so the solo and the pax seem like bang on to me, i guess model version matters, so solo shop better vs 2nd hand ebay ?
if you know any others that match my messed up typing let me know xD
meantime im checking out the others recomended,
That actually does help quite a bit. I would recommend a torch vape for you. Honestly from your description it just sounds like a better fit. You may not find it as portable or stealth as you like (that can be debated heavily once you get your routine down).
Look at the Daisy a huge heavy hitter. The new version would be the Stcky Brick. (I own a Daisy) This is more a home vape but it will give you a routine similar to that of combustion and serious heavy hits. The lung crushing kind.
As well the Vapcap is definitely something up your alley as well. Super easy with the click sound and you can keep temp low or go full Boom Thunder. Very similar to the old school one hitters.
If you haven't tried a torch vape yet then for $30 the basic Vapcap is a steal. At that price it's worth it just for the experience.
If you decide to go with the Solo I suggest going to the Classified section as there are a few for sale from members that have been around a while. Many good deals can be found.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
the ability to have a 1 hit ko vape cloud

That actually does help quite a bit. I would recommend a torch vape for you. Honestly from your description it just sounds like a better fit. You may not find it as portable or stealth as you like (that can be debated heavily once you get your routine down).
Look at the Daisy a huge heavy hitter. The new version would be the Stcky Brick. (I own a Daisy) This is more a home vape but it will give you a routine similar to that of combustion and serious heavy hits. The lung crushing kind.
As well the Vapcap is definitely something up your alley as well. Super easy with the click sound and you can keep temp low or go full Boom Thunder. Very similar to the old school one hitters.
If you haven't tried a torch vape yet then for $30 the basic Vapcap is a steal. At that price it's worth it just for the experience.
If you decide to go with the Solo I suggest going to the Classified section as there are a few for sale from members that have been around a while. Many good deals can be found.
I second the torch vape. The VapCap can give that one hit ko, it's the strongest conduction vape I've tried. I also find it great for insomnia, the best of any vape I've tried. It's probably a combination of my high temp extractions and the conduction heating. Most of my vapes are convection which provides a less sedative effect in my experience.

The Sticky Brick is also awesome and can provide a one hit ko. It's probably my biggest hitting vape. The brick is pure convection, and is great for pain relief in my experience. The only downside to the brick is it's not very portable. It's more like a cordless desktop. The Junior is on the way soon and will fix that right up. :D

The best thing about a good torch vape is you have no electronics to worry about breaking or being in the airpath. Also, the materials are generally nicer; glass, metal, and wood and no plastic for obvious reasons. And they never run out of batteries, just make sure you have butane on hand.

I have nothing against electronic vapes, 3 out of my 5 vapes are electronic. I think it's best to have a well rounded collection, and torch vapes are great for power outages, camping, and long trips. And they can't be beat for raw extraction power. Check out the Supreme V3 if you want to see power.

Everyone has had great recommendations so far. I say get a Solo and a VapCap. That should get you going until VAS sets in fully. :lol:

uhranium

That you get turned off by the reddit thread is sad, since the Solo is a vape that has been endurance tested for years by all of us. When Carol King tells you the Solo fell down and still works, you can take it serious. I dropped mine 20 times and the only thing that's not working anymore is the small beeper. After 4yrs of daily usage.. You just cant go wrong with a Solo

max

Out to lunch
Not burning my smoke in 2seconds
Don't crank up the temp to near combustion level. Proper vaping temps don't combust herb. Reckless vaporists do. And "not burning my smoke" is impossible, since smoke is already a byproduct of combustion.

Hope you realize by now that the Solo isn't toxic. You can find claims on the internet that aluminum is dangerous to vape from, or that vapor is less healthy than smoke. Don't believe everything you read. Get a consensus before you make up your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom