1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

About the sticky brick and oxygen

Discussion in 'Ask FC' started by Saulsaul, Feb 13, 2018 at 1:44 PM.

?

Is there any connection between 0 resistance vape to the amount of oxygen in the vapor

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Saulsaul

Saulsaul Member

Does the brick vapor contain less oxygen in vapor because he burns the butane that is possibly lowering the amount of oxygen in the vapor?

And what do u think about inhaling directly from the electric oven which is in 99% of all vapes? .

Does 0 resistance will usually mean more oxygen?.

And why i got cough from my eq+ddave mod but never from my hydrobrick
    Thank s.

Feel free to correct my English

StormyPinkness and steama like this.
  2. steama

steama Well-Known Member

Coming from the Flower Pot Shower Head camp I would say that an unrestricted draw likely has more 'air' rather than oxygen. Anything powered with a burning flame will consume oxygen and moisture.

A vape powered by a burning butane flame firing into the air path like the old Triihouse Daisy is likely to have much less oxygen because it would be burnt away along with any moisture in the air. I had to give up on vapes of this type because it caused a tightness in my chest. I am not making any claims whether these types of vapes are safe or not. I just find their vapor uncomfortable.

:2c:

just_the_flu and Alexis like this.
  3. Used2use

Used2use Landrace racer

Theory would say for butane C4H8 + 6 O2 = 4 CO2 + 4 H2O so it is actually water(steam) created by combustion, but in the real world it doesn't happen to 100% - i bet there is even some CO present, but that's probably below .1 %...
    Another thing is that CO2 carrys more energy than O2...

4. steama

steama Well-Known Member

Think for a minute now, a 2500F flame is not going to add any moisture to anything. A 2500f flame is only going to make the air completely moisture free within the air path. As dry as dry could possibly be.

Saulsaul likes this.
  5. Used2use

Used2use Landrace racer

Don't know if we're talking past each other - yes, the relative humidity of the air goes down in general as the air heats up, but the inhaled gas will have more H2O than the surrounding air due to the combustion process, the Hydrogen has to go somewhere and doesn't disappear bc its hot...

6. steama

steama Well-Known Member

A torch makes the air 'hyper dry' especially within a constricted place like the air path. This is because of the high temperatures of the torch flame, usually 1800f to 2700f. Any moisture at all would becoming from the herb and not the high temperature torch flame.

All I have is my personal anecdotal evidence, but I think the tightness I have felt in my chest when I was frequently using the Daisy/Lily was caused by the dryness of the vapor from the torch. No other type of vape has caused this tightness in my chest, which is weird considering some of my butane powered vapes. The vapor genie glass sherlock does not cause the same tightness in my chest feeling as the old triihouse vapes. I think this is because the vapor genie uses a ceramic wafer that breaks the direct flame, which for some reason the VGGS does not cause tightness in my chest.

Tightness in the chest only occurs with direct torch flames in the air path vapes. Why I ended up selling mine. It was not that I did not love these vapes it was that they hurt me.

Saulsaul, Alexis and Used2use like this.
  7. Used2use

Used2use Landrace racer

Hm, i would guess that chest tightness has more to do with the different air composition, maybe those jet torches produce more CO than we think?(and ex smokers are more used to it) Don't know how much difference soft/jet flame makes, and don't own a VG, but imo eg the Plenty vapor is more dry than the SBJ

Saulsaul likes this.
  8. steama

steama Well-Known Member

"different air composition" do you really believe that?

What I am saying my friend is that a torch flame as hot as we are talking, 1800f to 2700f focused into the air-path removes almost any effect the ambient air moisture has unless you are under a waterfall. The fact is that using a torch pointed into an air path 'hyper-dries' the air. That is just a physical fact.

:peace:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018 at 7:54 PM
    Saulsaul likes this.
  9. Mulchmaker

Mulchmaker Veni Vidi Vapi

I'm not so sure about that. Chemistry is chemistry and physics is physics, and air's vapor capacity increases with temperature.

I think what you're experiencing is the sensation of drawing in air that isn't "hyper-dry", but rather "uncomfortably hot". This superheated air is evaporating water from the surface of your mucous membranes, which produces a feeling of "dryness" in your throat and bronchial passages.

10. steama

steama Well-Known Member

'air's vapor capacity increases with temperature'

A 2500f torch flame shot into a vessel removes moisture not adds it. NO, uncomfortably dry is exactly what I mean. The heat dries the air of course which is removing moisture. Yeah, whatever :cool:

Super-dried air is evaporating water from the surface of your mucous membranes. I am not complaining about the heat and never have because heat never was the issue for me. With this style of direct butane torch flame straight into the air path caused me huge discomfort in the chest. To feel better I just stopped using these style of vapes. That is all I did to get back to normal.

I am only sharing my experience because it is the topic and I realize my positions are unpopular with many. That is okay, I just wanted to share my personal experience in hopes it may help someone to stop and think about this. Peace and love to all.

:myday:

11. asdf420

asdf420 Well-Known Member

@steama as far as I know, when hot air with some humidity is cooled, eventually it will be able to hold less and less moisture (relative humidity will increase) and the water vapors will begin to condense. But it may be better to just use a water piece with a little bit of water. If air is heated, I don't think it loses any amount of water vapors? But hot air will have more capacity to absorb moisture.

Of course inhaling really hot air is going to be harmful..

Saulsaul and Gray Area like this.
  12. Used2use

Used2use Landrace racer

Yes, everyone has to go with his own experience ;) - but... :lol:
    Those temps are only at a tiny spot of the flame and no inhaling of those temps nor does it hit the herbs with that temp, the combustion gas (mainly CO2+H2O) is mixed and cooled with fresh air as u know - maybe to clarify if u fill a bag with hot 'exhaust' from a butane torch the relative humidity inside will be pretty low(0%) while the gas is hot (hot air can hold a lot more water than cold), when the air inside cools down the relative humidity will go to 100% at some temp and the H2O condensates (modern house gas-heaters even use that condensation energy).
    So maybe the condensation point is the lungs in this case :evil:

Saulsaul, Gray Area and Boden like this.
  13. NizzyJones

NizzyJones Well-Known Member

Also cannabinoids are themselves a respiratory irritant. Thick hits are going to dry you out no matter what the RH of the air involved is.

Mulchmaker likes this.
  14. Andreaerdna

Andreaerdna If God is the answer, then the question is wrong

Vapor from sticky bricks has more moisture than regular vape, this is sure.

This is evident because not only chemistry says so but also SB reclaim is watery, you can clean it by simply using a paper towel. Despite its name sb reclaim isn’t sticky at all

Edit: This plus no restriction make SB rather comfortable to me to inhale

asdf420 likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors