• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

About the sticky brick and oxygen

Is there any connection between 0 resistance vape to the amount of oxygen in the vapor

• Yes

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

Saulsaul

Does the brick vapor contain less oxygen in vapor because he burns the butane that is possibly lowering the amount of oxygen in the vapor?

And what do u think about inhaling directly from the electric oven which is in 99% of all vapes? .

Does 0 resistance will usually mean more oxygen?.

And why i got cough from my eq+ddave mod but never from my hydrobrick
Thank s.

Feel free to correct my English

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
Theory would say for butane C4H8 + 6 O2 = 4 CO2 + 4 H2O so it is actually water(steam) created by combustion, but in the real world it doesn't happen to 100% - i bet there is even some CO present, but that's probably below .1 %...
Another thing is that CO2 carrys more energy than O2...

Used2use

Don't know if we're talking past each other - yes, the relative humidity of the air goes down in general as the air heats up, but the inhaled gas will have more H2O than the surrounding air due to the combustion process, the Hydrogen has to go somewhere and doesn't disappear bc its hot...

Used2use

Hm, i would guess that chest tightness has more to do with the different air composition, maybe those jet torches produce more CO than we think?(and ex smokers are more used to it) Don't know how much difference soft/jet flame makes, and don't own a VG, but imo eg the Plenty vapor is more dry than the SBJ

Mulchmaker

Veni Vidi Vapi
"different air composition" do you really believe that?

What I am saying my friend at is that a torch flame as hot as we are talking, 1800f to 2700f focused into the air-path removes almost any effect the ambient air moisture has unless you are under a waterfall. The fact is that using a torch pointed into an air path 'hyper-dries' the air. That is just a physical fact.

:2c:

I'm not so sure about that. Chemistry is chemistry and physics is physics, and air's vapor capacity increases with temperature.

I think what you're experiencing is the sensation of drawing in air that isn't "hyper-dry", but rather "uncomfortably hot". This superheated air is evaporating water from the surface of your mucous membranes, which produces a feeling of "dryness" in your throat and bronchial passages.

asdf420

@steama as far as I know, when hot air with some humidity is cooled, eventually it will be able to hold less and less moisture (relative humidity will increase) and the water vapors will begin to condense. But it may be better to just use a water piece with a little bit of water. If air is heated, I don't think it loses any amount of water vapors? But hot air will have more capacity to absorb moisture.

Of course inhaling really hot air is going to be harmful..

Used2use

Yes, everyone has to go with his own experience ;) - but... :lol:
Those temps are only at a tiny spot of the flame and no inhaling of those temps nor does it hit the herbs with that temp, the combustion gas (mainly CO2+H2O) is mixed and cooled with fresh air as u know - maybe to clarify if u fill a bag with hot 'exhaust' from a butane torch the relative humidity inside will be pretty low(0%) while the gas is hot (hot air can hold a lot more water than cold), when the air inside cools down the relative humidity will go to 100% at some temp and the H2O condensates (modern house gas-heaters even use that condensation energy).
So maybe the condensation point is the lungs in this case :evil:

NizzyJones

I'm not so sure about that. Chemistry is chemistry and physics is physics, and air's vapor capacity increases with temperature.

I think what you're experiencing is the sensation of drawing in air that isn't "hyper-dry", but rather "uncomfortably hot". This superheated air is evaporating water from the surface of your mucous membranes, which produces a feeling of "dryness" in your throat and bronchial passages.

Also cannabinoids are themselves a respiratory irritant. Thick hits are going to dry you out no matter what the RH of the air involved is.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Vapor from sticky bricks has more moisture than regular vape, this is sure.

This is evident because not only chemistry says so but also SB reclaim is watery, you can clean it by simply using a paper towel. Despite its name sb reclaim isn’t sticky at all

Edit: This plus no restriction make SB rather comfortable to me to inhale

Top Bottom