• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

A vape to replace my bong habit

m0j0h4nd

I'm looking for a vap to replace my bong habit. I smoke a lot and all day long and usually by myself. Stealth and money not an issue. Efficiency and ease of use are necessities. What is the best vap available on the market today?

I have a VB but I've never been able to use it well. I keep reading things about turning the dial to a position on the clock, ie 11am. The question I have about this is, if you turn the dial to 11, at what point on the clock is the off position?

m0j0h4nd,

Nosferatu

Look into the Da Buddha Vaporizer, the Silver Surfer Vaporizer, The Life Saber Vaporizer, or maybe even a bag vape. But those first three are actually from the same company and are the hardest hitting vapes I ever used, all can be easily attached to a bong. I think those vapes will provide the closest sensation to smoking. I would recommend the Da Buddha if price is a concern, but the Lif Saber is best in my opinon if you can afford it.

Nosferatu,

lwien

Yeah, it's kind of a catch-22 with ya. While you say that you want efficiency, you are also a heavy smoker that probably has a pretty high tolerance.

For efficiency and ease of use, I would recommend either a Purple Days or a Myrtlezap, but being that you are a heavy smoker (with an assumed high tolerance) that wants to transition to vaping, I would go with the recommendations that masbanji92 mentioned above.

lwien,

m0j0h4nd

Yes, I have a very high tolerance. And like I said price is really not a concern.

m0j0h4nd,

Nosferatu

But dont forget even the vapes I mentioned will be 2-3 times more efficient than smoking, while the vapes lwien mentioned will be 4-5 times more efficient than smoking(more or less). So its all relative, all good vapes are efficient, to my budget at least. I pack .1 in any of those vapes I mentioned, and get as high as I would wanna be, and I have a high tolerance. I pack .03 in the vapes lwien mentioned, but dont quite get where I want to be, so it depends on your body type and tolerance. Being a big smoker, I say look into the Life Saber to use with your bongs, you wont be dissapointed! ;)

Nosferatu,

lwien

If price is not a concern, you should also check into the AroMed and the Vaporfection which are also very good whip based vapes but a bit more expensive than the mid range whip vapes like the Buddha and Silver Surfer...........or, if you can wait a bit, check out the "Cloud".

lwien,

Nosferatu

Oh missed the price thing. I honestly must say the only thing I can think of is the LSV. Yes you can pay more for a better vape, but I personally couldn't ask for more than this vape. Its the closest sensation to smoking, my friends say it hits like a blunt, and boy it does, but its all pure vapor. So tasty, warms up in 2 minutes, is easy to use with a bong, I think you would love it. Or the Da Buddha or SSV, they are basically all the same vape, in a different form so to speak, but the LSV is the newest, and best design in my opinion.

Nosferatu,

Raf007

Retailer
knowing that you like bongs and are a heavy use I agree with above.

So If you are on a hurry I would also go with the LSV

if you can wait a few months, then wait for the Vapexhale Cloud for your bong, and go for an aromed or SSV, or Extrem Q or...there are so many good (and bad) choices as mentionned above.

Raf007,

max

Out to lunch
What is the best vap available on the market today?
Like our forum sub-title says, that question can't be answered unless you qualify it. ;)

I keep reading things about turning the dial to a position on the clock, ie 11am. The question I have about this is, if you turn the dial to 11, at what point on the clock is the off position?
There isn't a blanket answer to that either. Generally, if the unit switches on at 7-8, 11-1 is a good range, but you need to find the vapor range for each particular unit. Start low and see where you start to get vapor. Turn it up high and see where your weed starts to blacken. The vaping range is in between those points-your choice, according to how hard you like to hit. Keep in mind that really hard draws on the whip will drop your vaping temp, sometimes too much.

if you can wait a few months, then wait for the Vapexhale Cloud for your bong
If you're used to a bong and like that style, the Cloud will probably be the closest thing to one on the vape market. Unlike most direct draw vapes, you'll be able to hit it as hard as you like without significantly changing the temp, and the glass you'll get with it (Hydratube) will be top quality. You can get in on the pre sale list and get a better price as well.

max,

m0j0h4nd

Thanks for the title change, I guess that really does sum it up better.

Also thanks for the tips on the VB, at some point right after I got it I pulled the dial off (don't ask why, I really don't know) and then blindly put it back on and then didn't use it very much. Every time I've tried to use it I've been less than satisfied with the results. This could be from my lack of experience with it and vaping in general, I really know it's healthier but never got the same effect (or even close) as smoking. It's always a headier feeling and doesn't seem to last very long.

I've checked out the Cloud and from everything I can tell from the videos and pictures it could be an ideal setup.

As far as using anything with my existing bong, that's not a concern it really isn't that nice and not even glass. If I'm going to spend the money on a high end vap then I'll get the glass to go with it.

So, another question...if you were to own two vaps, one being the cloud, what would the other vap be?

m0j0h4nd,

max

Out to lunch
I really know it's healthier but never got the same effect (or even close) as smoking. It's always a headier feeling and doesn't seem to last very long.
It doesn't last as long because you're including the effects of the smoke byproducts as part of the cannabis high. Those are mostly going to contribute to the drowsy feeling, or couchlock, you get with smoking. Top off your vapor with a little carbon monoxide and you should be close to the smoker's high. ;)

Most people feel like something's missing from vapor at first. But most are only missing the toxins that come with smoke, and if you vape into the high temp range, near combustion, you'll approach the smoker's high. The nice thing about vapor is that you can choose your effects by using the temp range that suits you. Vaping isn't for everyone, but once you get used to it, it generally stretches your supply and a lot of people prefer the high, to the point where they don't go back to smoking. If you really want to give vapor a good tryout, stick to it for a week or two, without smoking, and see if your perception changes.

if you were to own two vaps, one being the cloud, what would the other vap be?
If I could only have two, that would be tough, since I consider a portable to be a necessity. As far as two home vapes, I'd choose the log style vape as the other. But someone who wants variable temp with any vape they use would choose something else. There are quite a few high quality options, so you're getting into personal preference more than narrowing down performance. You should do some reading in the vape discussion section and see which popular models have the features you're looking for.

max,

m0j0h4nd

I have been reading the discussion section but every thread about all the named vaps have people raving about them. I know I said money wasn't much of an issue but I don't have enough to buy them all. I'll keep reading and try to sort through it all though.

m0j0h4nd,

midnight rider

m0j0h4nd--

dude i feel your pain... :mad: started out with a vb myself. max is right about the sweet spot for the temp dial being about the 11 o'clock position to just shy of 1 o'clock and the off position was at about 7. i would start at the low end of the range and finish up at the higher end for last couple hits.
was a decent hittin vape but hated how the mouthpiece wasn't screened, had to bend a small screen to fit around the end and use tape to hold it down...but the alternative was suckin down bits of plant material.
and like you say the effect just aint the same :rolleyes:
next i got an herbalaire, little beast heats up quick, very accurate temp, delicious flavor, fills bags quick but where's the warm fuzzy you get from a bingo? somebody may be gettin a sweet buy on that ha and some glass...
maybe i been in this game too long, jimmy carter was in the white house when i first combusted, mates :peace:

midnight rider,

Qbit

cannabanana
m0j0h4nd said:
I have been reading the discussion section but every thread about all the named vaps have people raving about them. I know I said money wasn't much of an issue but I don't have enough to buy them all. I'll keep reading and try to sort through it all though.

If you're a heavy smoker and you don't grow your own weed (ie you pay for it), then if you do take up vaping, you will have enough money to buy several vapes after a few months. If you feel so inclined, that is.

Qbit,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Im surprised that noone has mentioned the Cloud or even the Vrip as well. He said he likes bong rips - they are/will be popular amongst bongers no?

At a minimum, I would suggest an SSV or DBV. :2c:

AGBeer,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
AGBeer said:
Im surprised that noone has mentioned the Cloud or even the Vrip as well. He said he likes bong rips - they are/will be popular amongst bongers no?

At a minimum, I would suggest an SSV or DBV. :2c:

The Cloud HAS been mentioned a few times. I love hitting my bong with my Extreme Q, but I'm sure the wand vapes and DBV and SSV would do as nicely with glass.

As far as having only two vapes goes...well I love my portable, so the MFLB is the way to go for your on-the-go needs. But why limit yourself to two? I plan on building a nice collection to meet all my needs.

:2c:

Cheers!

Stu,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
i am surprised the Supreme Vaporizer hasn't been mentioned! it will give the biggest vapor-bong rips anyone can handle!

some people think its a little tricky to handle because you need to heat it up with a torch, but i think it adds to the experience. i think it may be easier to use with bongs because its hand held, no power cords, and fits 14mm downstems. once loaded, you don't have to stir, or learn how to coordinate pulling the tube from your vape, then pulling the tube from the bong, to be able to clear your bong, while trying not to knock either down.

if i could only have two vapes i would choose the supreme and the herbalaire. the sv is almost indestructible, its reliable, variable temp, and ridiculously hard hitting! the ha is the most efficient vape our there for getting every last bit of goodness out of your medicine. it can do whip, bags, or direct inhale, and vape-bonging. its very durable too. lots of options between the two vapes.

notmyrealUSERname,

HyzerFlip

Oh MAN do I feel your pain...My problem is that I can afford one really good vape now..and maybe more down the line...

If the Supreme wasn't 200$ I'd buy it...but I can't justify spending that much a vape with no heat sourse...I'm sure I'd change my tune if I could try one in person...but it seems i'm the ONLY PERSON in my entire CITY that vapes. Talk about annoying.

So far it looks like I'm getting a VHW..maybe...But I like whip style vapes too? And I want to have a vape that will do more than one thing?

I'm more confused than before reading this thread.

HyzerFlip,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
HyzerFlip said:
Oh MAN do I feel your pain...My problem is that I can afford one really good vape now..and maybe more down the line...

If the Supreme wasn't 200$ I'd buy it...but I can't justify spending that much a vape with no heat sourse...I'm sure I'd change my tune if I could try one in person...but it seems i'm the ONLY PERSON in my entire CITY that vapes. Talk about annoying.

So far it looks like I'm getting a VHW..maybe...But I like whip style vapes too? And I want to have a vape that will do more than one thing?

I'm more confused than before reading this thread.

Then get yourself a whip based vape. SSV or DBV (I suggest)
If you want to add more functionality, then look at one of the Multifuction vapes (EQ or HA)

Im still biased towards my SSV personally. That thing hits like a tank.

AGBeer,

greystr0ke

If you like hitting bongs then the Herborizer might be a good choice as well. However, if you want a vape that does more than just hooks into a bong I would also recommend the Supreme.

greystr0ke,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
m0j0h4nd said:
Thanks for the title change, I guess that really does sum it up better.

Also thanks for the tips on the VB, at some point right after I got it I pulled the dial off (don't ask why, I really don't know) and then blindly put it back on and then didn't use it very much. Every time I've tried to use it I've been less than satisfied with the results. This could be from my lack of experience with it and vaping in general, I really know it's healthier but never got the same effect (or even close) as smoking. It's always a headier feeling and doesn't seem to last very long.

I've checked out the Cloud and from everything I can tell from the videos and pictures it could be an ideal setup.

As far as using anything with my existing bong, that's not a concern it really isn't that nice and not even glass. If I'm going to spend the money on a high end vap then I'll get the glass to go with it.

So, another question...if you were to own two vaps, one being the cloud, what would the other vap be?

Before you buy another vape, try preparing your herb before vaping and you might see a dramatic difference.
First, dry it. Take a bud or two and put it on top of any free heat source like a cable box and leave it overnight. Something like that, others may have better drying suggestions.
Do this before grinding. The dryer the better. Then grind it to a nice fine consistency. Then you are ready to use your VB.

If you haven't done this yet you may be in for a surprise as to your VB actually hits like a motherfucker!

One tip is to raise the back end of the unit up with a book or something so there's little chance of the herb falling out of the wand onto the heater.

If that doesn't work - if your unit still doesn't produce great vapor which is should because in truth the VB is pretty much as good as the best of the whip vapes in my opinion,
because it actually is one of the better whip vapes, you should send the unit back to the manufacturer for a repair. I've done this with my VB and after the heater was replaced
it worked as good as you would want it to.

Let us know how that works for you...

jeffp,

Nycdeisel

Off the top of my head, honestly, what I think of when I see your used to bong rips and want vapor as close to that

Vriptech, Supreme, Cloud(Im getting one of these!), LSV, DBV/SSV, all good choices.

Personally, I started with a VB myself, then got a similar type vaporizer with a better design, the DBV. I have different kinds of units for different experiences, the ones I mentioned above are most similar to the experience of hitting a bong.

I think you will end up with at least a couple of the units mentioned, once you get into vapor :cool:

Nycdeisel,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Nycdeisel, I agree that the DBV/SSV are better designed than the wood box vapes but I don't experience much difference in terms of hitting quality. Maybe a little. At the least the OP should be getting substantial quality hits with his/her VB. I think it's either that the herb is not properly prepared or the heater/internals need to be replaced and if so VB provides good warranty repair service. I think it would be a waste for the OP to buy another vape and get the same minimal results.

jeffp,

OO

Technical Skeptical
there is one that is essentially just a metal cap and GonG bowl that go right on the bong, and you heat the metal cap up with a torch lighter.

sounds just right.

OO,

m0j0h4nd

My VB is very old, I think 4 years at least. It is not one with the new ceramic heating element. I don't know if that makes a difference.

I decided to buy a log style vap for now. I'm waiting for a shipping confirmation from the order I placed Mon. I'm very interested in the Cloud and going to wait till it's released before doing anything else.

m0j0h4nd,
Top Bottom