A Vape Emulator?

Scrimshaw

Vaped Crusader
As vaporization technology progresses, people increasingly seem to notice individual vape 'signatures' reflecting taste, heat retention and other factors. As certain models inevitably become outdated and get discontinued, some may find themselves feeling nostalgic for a favorite old vape.

When digital audio came along, while the signal clarity improved, many claimed (and still claim) that it sounds sterile compared to the warmth of analog. Despite the use of sample rates that can reproduce a dog whistle (out of human hearing), analog stalwarts still love that 'toasty' tape sound...and if you like anything recorded before the mid 80's, so do you! Question is, do you still love that 'toasty' vape taste?

A Vape Emulator (VE) would do for vaporizers what analog emulators have done for music tech. Instead of modeling the distortion a vacuum tube amp gives your guitar sound, a VE would model the heat retention and temperature response of classic vaporizers. While a modern halogen-based micro-controlled vape (lookin' at you, herbie!) might provide the utmost in temperature control technology, people may want to change up their vape's taste profile. While using a "Purple Days Modeler" preset, the heater would respond more like the classic out-of-production vape. Instead of actively adjusting the temperature many times per second, the vape would just blindly put out heat, allowing the user to really roast their product.

Obviously this would be a total luxury on a high-end niche product, but it would be cool, right?

JCat

Accessory Maker
An interesting concept ... not sure it would be achievable as there is more than heat profile to be considered (such as bowl material, air turbulence, etc) ... could maybe do a "best fit" w/ a combination 2+ heater combo that offered different levels of convection/conduction ... could maybe have something that adjusted constrictions to different spacings as well to modify the air turbulence ...

Scrimshaw

Vaped Crusader
@natural farmer: Some things that are now science fiction can become science fact sooner than you think!

@JCat: True, air flow/draw resistance would have to be controlled as well. I haven't tried the Haze, but I like that they have swappable conduction & convection screens. (or are most users putting herb in the cans?) Regardless, seems like a good trend to me!

Scrimshaw,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Scrimshaw,

As vaporization technology progresses...

Relatively speaking, i can't but notice too many manufacturers remain stuck in some obsolete soldering iron world. Lets just take the 1st commercially-available IH Dabber, for example: it's exactly that, a heater for soldering irons while its designer managed to sacrifice most of the potential benefits from Induction Heat technology, euh... M'well, if it had been implemented in a very satisfying manner i guess we'd all know about it by now anyway! Right?

65.gif

...individual vape 'signatures'...

My proposal would be that sessions are monitored, for starters, then we can begin talking about shaping those via user-friendly scripts, perhaps fashioned after musical partitions... But there would also be a need to control some parameters mechanically i think, using telescopic and variable restriction paths or else i suppose.

While a modern halogen-based micro-controlled vape... ...might provide the utmost in temperature control technology...

The utmost thermostatic scenario is one with no auxiliary technology at all, e.g. sensor(s) + controller and FirmWare bound to fail, etc. How about on-demand instant thermostatic heat at the point of contact, made availabe within a fraction of a second?...

26.gif

It exists although it's not for us somehow! Follow the rabbit if you dare...

Obviously this would be a total luxury on a high-end niche...

Or maybe that's what manufacturers unwilling to evolve would expect us to believe as they'd already get their hands full just trying to provide bio-feedback over WiFi!!

:peace:

Top Bottom