1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

A valid method to lower tolerance?

Discussion in 'Vaporization Discussion' started by Beluga, Nov 25, 2014.

1. chillersnov8p

chillersnov8p Well-Known Member

I combined the 30 day cold turkey with this 72hr method to come up with a vape every 72 hr for a month. On week number 4 now. I'm not following the one pull then wait method just having a normal sesh. Really started to feel a much lower tolerance on week three although all the breaks have felt beneficial as far as tolerance goes. It's great to feel like a newbie again, more creative and active effects then before using same strains.

2. biohacker

biohacker #dablife

Good thread, felt it deserves a bump! This method has been around before even Dr Sulak, and works wonders! Dr Sulak is extremely knowledgable in the field of Cannabis!

3. swifty17

swifty17 Member

Just found this thread, but I was already in the process of a t-break (started 2 days ago) so I figured I'd give this a shot. Decided to take 2 little puffs an hour ago since I needed relief (medical user) and see how I feel off that. Effects were light but somewhat noticeable. Gonna take 1-2 more puffs later on tonight before bed and then repeat the same tomorrow. Fingers crossed this will work even though I didn't follow everything to a T.

4. biohacker

biohacker #dablife

I'm going to be implementing this within the next couple of weeks. I'm a daily concentrate user, and am going to follow the technique exactly as directed. Anyone else in? :lol:

guyonthecouch, Joaon, florduh and 2 others like this.
  5. lazylathe

lazylathe Almost there...

I stick by my method that works extremely well for me.
    No herb till I am done work and at home, so from the time I wake up till about 6pm is herb free.
    I will usually have a few bowls a night and end at around 9:30pm.

Effects are always very good and mind bending and a little goes a long way.

Unfortunately I have been off work for almost a year now...
    Now I start at Noon and go till 9:30pm...
    I sometimes push it till 3pm but it is there and it's so easy... That's where i need to control the urges and I can usually reason that there is nothing else to do...:\

Starting work again, so that will make it easier and give me a good reset!:D

Abstaining for as long as possible during the day and not overdoing it at night, works wonders for me!
    Sticking to it when I am home 24hrs a day...impossible!:rofl:

6. biohacker

biohacker #dablife

That's why i'm so interested in this method. It sure beats coming out of retirement in order to lower tolerance! :lol:

7. lazylathe

It just sounds like torture to me...
    I still get seriously medicated every day by starting at Noon! LOL!
    Another reason for me to stay away from concentrates, those suckers fill my receptors so quickly!

8. biohacker

biohacker #dablife

If you think 2 days without medicating is torture, don't even consider the 3 months that I did last year!! :lol:

And micro-dabs! My consumption has not increased since quitting weed according to my wallet, but my health certainly has. Only you know all too well what i've dealt with for years with chronic night sweats. GONE!!! :)

16 hour T-Break... complete! :D

9. lazylathe

That's just crazy bro! And I remember it well!
    I have been vaping for around 10 years now and the only breaks I take are forced, holidays etc...
    If herb is available, i will of course partake! LOL!

It's awesome that your night sweats have gone!! Especially now!!:brow::cool::nod:

These mini breaks are all we require! Keeping on top of our health is also key!

10. mccringleberry

mccringleberry Well-Known Member

This. In order for me to get enjoyment out of cannabis I have to balance it out by being sober for at least 50% of my waking hours before firing up the vape. 75% is better. Plus its just nice to have something to look forward to. Granted I am a rec user only.

11. biohacker

biohacker #dablife

It's been a few years.... good motivation:

12. Joaon

Joaon Well-Known Member

just found out the program, and then that thread!
    Started my 2 days cannabis fast! Seems interesting
    :myday:
    Sensitization WorkBook: CLICK HERE
    Other programs: https://healer.com

I love how Dr. Dustin Sulak talks about endocannabinoid system, the relation it has with Cannabis and the interactions on medical appliance.
    To say short:
    A little herb activate or improve our own endocannabinoid system, producing more receptors;
    Too much, and we naturally destroy some of our receptors, to try to return to balance ..
    This program is all about educating ourselves, and finding each one our optimal dosage, maximizing desired effect :tup:

13. thestallion69

thestallion69 Member

I saw the video on the inhaling technique and seems really interesting. I'll try it the next time I vape.

I was checking out the website @Joaon linked and it looks inspiring. Has any of you ever tried the first program they offer (Introduction to Cannabis)? Does it make sense to check it out and follow it even as a regular user for a while?

guyonthecouch, Joaon and biohacker like this.
  14. Joaon

Joaon Well-Known Member

As I understand, Introduction program and Sensitization program are the same, there is just a 2 days fast (or T-break) on the second. New users don't need a cannabis fast ;)
    However, Introduction program is fantastic for anyone looking to initiate a relationship with Cannabis,
    I'd have loved to have it, back in the days .. :cool:
    Can't wait to introduce new people with this one !:tup:

Disclaimer: I reported (again) my 2 days T-break. Oops :sherlock:

15. snaffle

snaffle Well-Known Member

Interesting method, it's interesting that minimal consumption to a noticable effect is used to stimulate more cannabinoid receptors. Cool idea. I have been playing with it for the past couple of weeks, and my (already pretty low) tolerance has gone down a lot, though I think some of that is definitely due to me just paying a lot more attention to how the cannabis is affecting me. Which has been the best part of it for me. I've found a groove I like to go for most of the time, which is less high than I had been previously aiming for. But it is a better state for me for reasons of enegry and sustained focus.

@thestallion69 did you ever try the "secret breath" method Sulak mentions? I have done a couple of times recently, but I've been playing with my usage levels too much to say for certainty whether I notice much difference. I found that waiting for "visible vapor" was not a good indicator, though, as oftentimes there will be little or no visible vapor in the whole hit, but there are still definitely plenty of cannabinoids. But I find it quite easy to feel the difference between vapor and air, and have been re-breathing-in when I noticed I was exhaling cannabis vapor. Again, I like the need to focus on what I'm doing with the technique, it's been sort of meditative for that reason alone.

16. thestallion69

thestallion69 Member

Yesterday I tried to vape a .15g bowl of Critical Kush in my Mighty and did the "secret breath" method or any way I held the vapor in for a long time and WOW. I experienced a very intense high, at the point where I was kinda uncomfortable. I mean it was late at night and I was tired anyway so I'm sure the context influences too but... maybe the takeaway for me is that yes the method works but it doesn't mean is necessarily a better high?
    I was just reading this yesterday on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/..._cannibinoids_that/?ref=share&ref_source=link
    Apparently, no one really knows.. maybe take a big hit then let it out then get new air before exhaling the whole thing is a good compromise?

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors