• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

A valid method to lower tolerance?

chillersnov8p

I combined the 30 day cold turkey with this 72hr method to come up with a vape every 72 hr for a month. On week number 4 now. I'm not following the one pull then wait method just having a normal sesh. Really started to feel a much lower tolerance on week three although all the breaks have felt beneficial as far as tolerance goes. It's great to feel like a newbie again, more creative and active effects then before using same strains.

swifty17

Just found this thread, but I was already in the process of a t-break (started 2 days ago) so I figured I'd give this a shot. Decided to take 2 little puffs an hour ago since I needed relief (medical user) and see how I feel off that. Effects were light but somewhat noticeable. Gonna take 1-2 more puffs later on tonight before bed and then repeat the same tomorrow. Fingers crossed this will work even though I didn't follow everything to a T.

lazylathe

Almost there...
I stick by my method that works extremely well for me.
No herb till I am done work and at home, so from the time I wake up till about 6pm is herb free.
I will usually have a few bowls a night and end at around 9:30pm.

Effects are always very good and mind bending and a little goes a long way.

Unfortunately I have been off work for almost a year now...
Now I start at Noon and go till 9:30pm...
I sometimes push it till 3pm but it is there and it's so easy... That's where i need to control the urges and I can usually reason that there is nothing else to do...:\

Starting work again, so that will make it easier and give me a good reset!:D

Abstaining for as long as possible during the day and not overdoing it at night, works wonders for me!
Sticking to it when I am home 24hrs a day...impossible!:rofl:

biohacker

It just sounds like torture to me...
I still get seriously medicated every day by starting at Noon! LOL!
Another reason for me to stay away from concentrates, those suckers fill my receptors so quickly!

If you think 2 days without medicating is torture, don't even consider the 3 months that I did last year!! :lol:

And micro-dabs! My consumption has not increased since quitting weed according to my wallet, but my health certainly has. Only you know all too well what i've dealt with for years with chronic night sweats. GONE!!! :)

16 hour T-Break... complete! :D

lazylathe

Almost there...
If you think 2 days without medicating is torture, don't even consider the 3 months that I did last year!! :lol:

And micro-dabs! My consumption has not increased since quitting weed according to my wallet, but my health certainly has. Only you know all too well what i've dealt with for years with chronic night sweats. GONE!!! :)

16 hour T-Break... complete! :D

That's just crazy bro! And I remember it well!
I have been vaping for around 10 years now and the only breaks I take are forced, holidays etc...
If herb is available, i will of course partake! LOL!

It's awesome that your night sweats have gone!! Especially now!!:brow::cool::nod:

These mini breaks are all we require! Keeping on top of our health is also key!

hinglemccringleberry

I stick by my method that works extremely well for me.
No herb till I am done work and at home, so from the time I wake up till about 6pm is herb free.
This. In order for me to get enjoyment out of cannabis I have to balance it out by being sober for at least 50% of my waking hours before firing up the vape. 75% is better. Plus its just nice to have something to look forward to. Granted I am a rec user only.

Joaon

just found out the program, and then that thread!
Started my 2 days cannabis fast! Seems interesting
:myday:
Sensitization WorkBook: CLICK HERE
Other programs: https://healer.com

I love how Dr. Dustin Sulak talks about endocannabinoid system, the relation it has with Cannabis and the interactions on medical appliance.
To say short:
A little herb activate or improve our own endocannabinoid system, producing more receptors;
Too much, and we naturally destroy some of our receptors, to try to return to balance ..
This program is all about educating ourselves, and finding each one our optimal dosage, maximizing desired effect :tup:

thestallion69

I saw the video on the inhaling technique and seems really interesting. I'll try it the next time I vape.

I was checking out the website @Joaon linked and it looks inspiring. Has any of you ever tried the first program they offer (Introduction to Cannabis)? Does it make sense to check it out and follow it even as a regular user for a while?

Joaon

As I understand, Introduction program and Sensitization program are the same, there is just a 2 days fast (or T-break) on the second. New users don't need a cannabis fast ;)
However, Introduction program is fantastic for anyone looking to initiate a relationship with Cannabis,
I'd have loved to have it, back in the days .. :cool:
Can't wait to introduce new people with this one !:tup:

Disclaimer: I reported (again) my 2 days T-break. Oops :sherlock:

snaffle

Interesting method, it's interesting that minimal consumption to a noticable effect is used to stimulate more cannabinoid receptors. Cool idea. I have been playing with it for the past couple of weeks, and my (already pretty low) tolerance has gone down a lot, though I think some of that is definitely due to me just paying a lot more attention to how the cannabis is affecting me. Which has been the best part of it for me. I've found a groove I like to go for most of the time, which is less high than I had been previously aiming for. But it is a better state for me for reasons of enegry and sustained focus.

@thestallion69 did you ever try the "secret breath" method Sulak mentions? I have done a couple of times recently, but I've been playing with my usage levels too much to say for certainty whether I notice much difference. I found that waiting for "visible vapor" was not a good indicator, though, as oftentimes there will be little or no visible vapor in the whole hit, but there are still definitely plenty of cannabinoids. But I find it quite easy to feel the difference between vapor and air, and have been re-breathing-in when I noticed I was exhaling cannabis vapor. Again, I like the need to focus on what I'm doing with the technique, it's been sort of meditative for that reason alone.

thestallion69

Interesting method, it's interesting that minimal consumption to a noticable effect is used to stimulate more cannabinoid receptors. Cool idea. I have been playing with it for the past couple of weeks, and my (already pretty low) tolerance has gone down a lot, though I think some of that is definitely due to me just paying a lot more attention to how the cannabis is affecting me. Which has been the best part of it for me. I've found a groove I like to go for most of the time, which is less high than I had been previously aiming for. But it is a better state for me for reasons of enegry and sustained focus.

@thestallion69 did you ever try the "secret breath" method Sulak mentions? I have done a couple of times recently, but I've been playing with my usage levels too much to say for certainty whether I notice much difference. I found that waiting for "visible vapor" was not a good indicator, though, as oftentimes there will be little or no visible vapor in the whole hit, but there are still definitely plenty of cannabinoids. But I find it quite easy to feel the difference between vapor and air, and have been re-breathing-in when I noticed I was exhaling cannabis vapor. Again, I like the need to focus on what I'm doing with the technique, it's been sort of meditative for that reason alone.

Yesterday I tried to vape a .15g bowl of Critical Kush in my Mighty and did the "secret breath" method or any way I held the vapor in for a long time and WOW. I experienced a very intense high, at the point where I was kinda uncomfortable. I mean it was late at night and I was tired anyway so I'm sure the context influences too but... maybe the takeaway for me is that yes the method works but it doesn't mean is necessarily a better high?
I was just reading this yesterday on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/..._cannibinoids_that/?ref=share&ref_source=link
Apparently, no one really knows.. maybe take a big hit then let it out then get new air before exhaling the whole thing is a good compromise?

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
Day 4 cannabis free and think i'm going to start back up with the Sulak process! :rockon:

Dr. Sulak is the man!

He really is.

I completed his re-sensitization process 10 days ago and, for me, it's been very successful.
I've found 0.03 to be my average dose of flower now, previously it was 0.07. Importantly, I don't feel like I'm missing out on any effects. Honestly, I'm quite happy with 0.016 for first dose of the day, which amazes me each time.

If you're somebody who's got a desire to reduce your usage but retain the benefits I think you should give the process a go. It is tough but think long-term when it gets dicey and give yourself a chance at a healthier relationship with cannabis in the future.:)

Last edited:

Morty

I just tried this. I'm somewhere around a 0.5-0.75g a day, but I've been wanting to take it down a notch. I didn't go the full 2 days, more like 1.825761495 days. I was a little skeptical, but man, I feel like I just had a small dab, but w/ way better body high. I don't have any digi's, but I would say it was def no more than 0.03.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/7w1hal/instructional_microdose_visual_reference_what/

Whew! Feeling really good right now. Having a hard time transferring thoughts though. :lol: Feelin wonderful. Such a great uplifter & mood enhancer.

I been using the same strain for the last 8 days, & this last session was the highest I've been off this stash, using the smallest amount, since I got it 8 days ago. Amazing! Gonna be mindful going forward to keep the amounts small & more infrequent throughout the day.

Maine420

GROOVY GRANNY
I just tried this. I'm somewhere around a 0.5-0.75g a day, but I've been wanting to take it down a notch. I didn't go the full 2 days, more like 1.825761495 days. I was a little skeptical, but man, I feel like I just had a small dab, but w/ way better body high. I don't have any digi's, but I would say it was def no more than 0.03.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/7w1hal/instructional_microdose_visual_reference_what/

Whew! Feeling really good right now. Having a hard time transferring thoughts though. :lol: Feelin wonderful. Such a great uplifter & mood enhancer.

I been using the same strain for the last 8 days, & this last session was the highest I've been off this stash, using the smallest amount, since I got it 8 days ago. Amazing! Gonna be mindful going forward to keep the amounts small & more infrequent throughout the day.

Less is more! I fill my Arizer Solo stems only half full. Believe me. Less is more

thestallion69

Less is more! I fill my Arizer Solo stems only half full. Believe me. Less is more

Couldn't agree more.

I took a break from any source of THC starting in April, I vaped for 10 days or so in mid-May (after 1+ month t-break), and every time I had powerful and amazing experiences, at first I couldn't vape more than 0.07g or it would feel uncomfortable and unnecessary to smoke more. I stopped again for two weeks (traveling for work) then last Friday I had a long weekend and decided to visit Amsterdam. I smoked more than 10 grams in less than 72 hours (was able to use a Volcano only once, the first time in my life, what an amazing device but I won't buy it as I own a Mighty). Again, the first joint was 0.4g and it completely fucked me up. I wanted to test how much tolerance I could develop in 3 days and I was stunned by the results. On the third day I smoked 3 grams in 3 joints and was completely fine after a few hours. All this just to say: I enjoyed much more vaping 0.05g at the right moment than just blazing 1g joints. I won't go into details on how vaping felt after only 30 days off, I just shared my experience to show how tolerance can become the "resistance" that Steven Pressfield talks about. You don't want to be always high and you don't want to abuse this powerful plant! Marijuana has played a huge part of my daily life in the past year but these months made me understand how to get the most out of it you need a healthy relationship, everyone needs to find its own BUT vaping and understanding tolerance is crucial for all of us.

Alexis

Yo Morty and warmest vibes and wishes your way brother. So I only just saw this post of yours and I have to comment to say that I'm really glad that you stumbled on this little hack and noticed such a positive benefit right away because out of most people I have known on this forum from what we all observed on your you're spectacular hardcore vaping videos, I did see it as an arguable case of gross overuse, where returns are highly diminished.

So it's good therefore that you can switch things up so quickly like that with immediate effect. Hooe it has been working for you and looking forward to any future updates. :tup:

MGG

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but legit try CBD flower.
I believe it has strong abilities to curb addiction/dependence.
It's similar to alcohol free beer, but thc free.
-looks like herb
- smells like herb
- tastes like herb
- vapes like herb
- but no thc.

LabPong

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but legit try CBD flower.
I believe it has strong abilities to curb addiction/dependence.
It's similar to alcohol free beer, but thc free.
-looks like herb
- smells like herb
- tastes like herb
- vapes like herb
- but no thc.

I vote for CBD flower with low THC for awhile...maybe a couple weeks then go back. Works for me.

LabPong,
Top Bottom