• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

A reason I think I would benefit from medicinal mj

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Hell, I check in with Foursquare on Facebook, at my shrink's when I remember.

There and Walmart, for some strange reason.

People think I'm odd.

BigDaddyVapor,

weedemon

enthusiast
Ive taken many different pills to try to brgin things under control. I HATED the side effects worse than the pills were able to help me. I swore off pills in 2007 after I started hurting myself.

I then went to see a therapist for several years. He was able to help me cope and be able to step back and ask myself "whats the worst that can happen?" In minor instances this is enough. but you know what? sometimes it's not. Sometimes I need the ability to calm this hyper active mind of mine. I am a man ox extremes. Life is Usually either super good, super stress and not so often just in the middle. weed helps chill me out and gain a little perspective. Things are never as bad as my mind escalates them to be. sometimes I Need a reminder.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Sometimes I need the ability to calm this hyper active mind of mine. I am a man of extremes. Life is Usually either super good, super stress and not so often just in the middle. weed helps chill me out and gain a little perspective. Things are never as bad as my mind escalates them to be. sometimes I Need a reminder.

weedemon ... you and I definitely share some things in common! Perspective is a key benefit that regular use yields (at least for me). Even when I'm at my lowest (which--given--is no where near some peoples lows), MJ helps me keep things in perspective and helps me just keep plugging away, persistently, without worrying too much about the fact that I'm depressed and all the external factors, as well as internal/cycle things that are largely out of my control and can only be "adjusted." Same when I'm high ... gives me that "stop" that I so desperately need and that 10-20 min really increased focus that gets me going on task at hand as opposed to getting distracted by a million different things.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I find that when my wife lies to me, by telling me my light is costing $300 a month. However, when I prove to her, using a simple mathematical formula for KWh (kilowatt per hour) and show her the light only costs at the highest, $32/mo. In fact, I inform her... I can tell her, how much it costs, to run any electrical appliance in the house, as long as I know the kHw. She still sticks to her lie and insists its my light. Not the two window AC units, we've been running all summer.

Doesn't matter that I spent 6 years in the Navy working on... electronics and electricity. In fact, our lives were dependent on my ability to do so, because the main battery of the ship... was mine. I ran the workcenter, I was the only system tech on the West Coast... when I look at a schematic... I know WTF I'm looking at. Yet, little Ms Human Resources, Payroll Clerk, Newspaper Delivery Supervisor, thinks she knows MORE than me, about electronics. Her proof, is showing me bills from last year. "We didn't have window units in last year", didn't matter to her. She showed me the monthly bills. I showed her exactly where we started running the AC and how the bill shot off. She didn't care. I even showed her, that at one point... we were running (2) lights, with (1) AC unit (in a much smaller room) and our bill was still lower. SO the ONLY thing different from our bill and $300, is the (1) more AC unit and both covering much larger areas.

What's the fucking money drain? Yeah... the ACs.

Then to have her rip off her wedding rings and chuck them at me, over the same argument (losing the wedding band in the process). Or have her tell me, that my 11 y/o daughter really doesn't like me... or even after doing what she wanted (getting rid of my light and what was with it)... she still treats me like the stoner leech she referred to me as, earlier...

That well... Xanax just doesn't fucking cut it, you know?

weedemon

enthusiast
@Jcat:
yeah exactly. I have a little bit to start my day. It's not about getting high really. It's for that low baseline that I can't really even feel that stays with me all day after I have had my session. It's like a net that catches me when things happen in the day. I dunno if that's a very good explanation but it makes stress easier to handle as it comes up.

@BDV:
god damn dude! :(

install a meter on the 2 ac units and one on your light. let it go for a week/day whatever.. and there will be the proof.

but yeah that's a perfect time to chill out. your wife doesn't consume I take it? I think she would benfit from it too.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Don't need a meter. Its a simple mathematical formula.

No, I turned off the AC units and moved the light, without her knowledge to a closet. Its running 18 hours a day. When the bill goes down, because the AC is off and she tries to claim is because of the light... she's got a rude surprise waiting.

Done playing her bullshit games. She's still treating me like shit, yet going around with everyone and everything else, like all is good. Except me, of course. The guy who did what she wanted even though he knew she was lying.

BigDaddyVapor,

weedemon

enthusiast
yeah i just meant to a layman, like myself or your wife. the visual is much more effective. but still numbers are numbers I know what you are saying. they do not lie. But if someone has it in their mind that they are right. I might need more proof. for it to click and the blinder may then come off.

know what i'm saying?

weedemon,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Yeah, when the bill plummets, because we've pretty much quit using the ACs (its Fall). She'll attribute the drop, to the light being unplugged and the bill being where it should be. She's already denied its the ACs. She was quite adamant it was the light. Oh... I know she was lying. I told her she was lying. She lied to my mom to. She lied to me, about her conversation with her mom. She lied to her mom. She pretty much lied, all the way around.

Then said "Ha! Your daughter would HATE you! She already doesn't like you very much...." After I dared bring up divorce after my settlement (her idea) and the fact, I'm terminal and would like to spend however much time I have left with her. Most of her years on the planet will be without her father. Like to have as many loving, attentive, funny, smiling, laughing, crying, hugs and kisses memories to fill her years, after I'm gone. I want my daughter to always be able to picture my face, just by closing her eyes.

How mortified do you think my daughter was, to hear those words?

No... I didn't let her throw that one out there and let it lie and die. She had already made it quite obvious, she was going for broke. She wasn't going to take my dignity, however and I made sure, those that she had lied to, deceived, misled... knew that I was telling them the truth and she was lying. I told them all the same things and all of them made the same observation. She's wrong. I don't think I've seen my mother this upset at any girl/woman I've ever been with. Livid would be an accurate description. Her own mother is pretty mortified at the lies and how her own words got twisted, by my wife.

My wife HATES taking the blame for anything, being wrong, or saying sorry (I can count on two hands how many times, in 17 years*). She will literally sabotage a relationship, to avoid having to do any one of those things. She doesn't speak to either of her sisters and wouldn't talk to her mom, if she didn't kiss her ass constantly.

She's not talking to her youngest son, though I play a part in that. It took me, approaching him today and saying, "look... I'll be your boogie man. please, end this between your mother and you." Why did I do that, you might ask? To make my life easier. Maybe if she's distracted with happier thoughts of him, since its obvious I don't make those feelings.... well, then less heat on me. I just want to fucking survive at this point.

So yeah, when the bill comes... I think the visual, of me showing the light that's been running in the closet for the same 18 hr day, didn't make a shit bit of difference to our bill, will make my point. Pardon me... about $32.

*Actually, I can only remember ONE apology. When she had stopped paying the car payments and didn't tell me, until she woke me up, to tell me they (yes, TWO CARS) had been repossessed. Other than that? Off the top of my head, nope. Nothing jumps forward. Though, the fact that she NEVER apologized for several notable issues and she knew she needed to... went unheard, says more than I care to put into perspective. It won't be pretty for me.

BigDaddyVapor,

SunnyHours

Great story! I can definetly relate to the whole eating problems, although not from anxiety. I really dont know what it is, in the morning it feels like if I dont vape in time after waking up I end up puking even though theres nothing in my stomach. And today I only vaped in the morning and a few hours after the buzz went away sure enough the gagging and trying not to heave started. I could still eat, it was just harder... If I didnt vape in the morning I might have not eaten at all. I might also add, I cannot eat breakfast. Even with vapor my stomach rejects food till like 1 pm.
I wish you the best luck with the girl weedemon just make sure she accepts you as a whole. Ive had problems with acceptance in the past...

I have the same thing! I don't know why...I ALWAYS get morning nausea and gagging and sometimes straight up puking... Doctors don't know why. I also get it in the afternoon bad, rarely at night time (might be because I toke as soon as I get home).

On the days I'm off, I blaze all day so I can eat. That usually kills the nausea.

JCat too...cool, I'm finally not the only one ;)

SunnyHours,
Reactions: Vicki

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I woke up really nauseated this morning, again. I usually get a break every so often, but not lately. My doctor believes having me take Zantac 300mg twice daily will help, but it just seems to have become worse since I started the Zantac.

Vicki,

SunnyHours

I find nothing helps my nausea except cannabis. It also enables me to sleep and I get some kind of relief in my neck and back muscles and reduces my joint pains. Hehe you guys must think I'm in the beginning of my 50's but I'm actually 23yo...

I do also have some anxiety but it's more related to being late at work...although when that happens it looks like I blow a stress gasket or something hehe

I do possess the internal components of a 50yo man it seems hehe
My Solo gets here tomorrow...hopefully early enough for me to get through my worst shift (4:30Pm-10:30Pm) in these hours I'm very prone to migraines.

P.S I need to burn-in the Solo for how long before using it?

SunnyHours,
Reactions: Vicki

Tweek

Anxiety and depression have pretty much derailed my life up to this point. MJ is the only thing that helps manage the anxiety aspect; and definitely the only medicine I am really comfortable using (for the anxiety). I dose throughout the day, and this helps me nip it in the bud before I start to feel it. Otherwise, I am just chasing the pain. I can actually function like a normal human being now. Without it, I would barely leave the house.

I get alot of flak from folks who don't get it. All I know is I can live now, whereas before, I was pretty much dead inside.

Only drawback is the cost. No coverage for this type of medicine.

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Anxiety and depression have pretty much derailed my life up to this point. MJ is the only thing that helps manage the anxiety aspect; and definitely the only medicine I am really comfortable using (for the anxiety). I dose throughout the day, and this helps me nip it in the bud before I start to feel it. Otherwise, I am just chasing the pain. I can actually function like a normal human being now. Without it, I would barely leave the house.

I get alot of flak from folks who don't get it. All I know is I can live now, whereas before, I was pretty much dead inside.

Only drawback is the cost. No coverage for this type of medicine.

This. This whole thread is great! This post specifically, along with a few others, seem to speak to me, so to speak. Going from not being able to eat on some days, nausea from the moment I woke up, anxiety/depression, no social life, not knowing who I was, and not even having the ability to do anything some days, aside from stay in bed...to being a fully functioning person in society, feels damn nice! Without counseling/help from family and friends, and cannabis, I wouldn't be where I am today.

I wake up every morning, and medicate (sativa in the Cloud at a low temp, or a sativa dab.) I continue to medicate throughout the day, with the Cloud or oil, and am able to live life every single day, in ways that I couldn't before. I still can't eat much of anything within the first couple hours of being awake...but I can eat throughout the day, regular sized meals, and digest them with minimal issues; In the past, from when I was a little kid until a couple years ago, none of that was possible on a regular basis.

With counseling, and help from friends and family, I've come to work through a lot of issues that caused my depression, and anxiety. At this point, my depression is mostly non-existent, with or without cannabis. My anxiety, is still quite present without cannabis, but in far fewer aspects than it was before. | If I medicate accordingly with cannabis, my anxiety is mostly non-existent. | I've gone from not being able to make friends outside of a small circle, to being much more socially active, etc. | I hadn't dated really at all, for almost a couple years...throughout this year, I've been in a few relationships, and I'm currently with someone who I could see myself with for a long time. Something like this was never even fathomable, as it just didn't make sense. | I've never really been so thoroughly happy with myself and my life as I am now, other than when I was a young child, and things were still "perfect."

It would depend on how you look at it, or who you ask, but I would say that I also use cannabis for recreational purposes. In my free evenings, mostly on the weekends, or when I'm at a friends house, I'll end up using more than I need to medicate. I personally don't see anything wrong with enjoying a good buzz; to each, their own. I don't really like getting "wasted," but I love an evening of good conversation, or a movie, with some good cloud sessions, and/or some dabs! I haven't consumed alcohol since sometime around 2009, and I never cared for it when I did drink. I also never really got into the party scene, or going out to clubs/bars. It just never caught my attention as something that I would enjoy; I've even gone to a couple club/bar type places in this past year, and they just don't do it for me :shrug:So my "weekend at the bar," is at home, or a friend/patients house, enjoying the flowers. IMO, what is commonly referred to as "recreational" use, is medicinal use, as long as there us no abuse. Anytime I use cannabis, I feel that the effects of it are positive, and contribute to my overall wellness/well-being; to me, that is medicine as well :nod:

I think that I will probably use cannabis for the rest of my life, for a combination of medicinal/recreational uses; However, I see my usage changing in the future. I feel that if things continue on the track that they have been going on for the past couple years, I will be able to manage my anxiety/depression symptoms (if they still exist) without cannabis. I would love for my stomach/digestive issues to be completely related to my anxiety/depression, but they aren't. I know that there is a lot of correlation, but I also know that some of my G.I. issues are non anxiety/depression related, and are physical. I wouldn't be surprised if I were only using cannabis to manage my back/neck pain, and some of my G.I. issues, within a couple of years. This would be nice, for the added convenience of not having to medicate so often.

I'm really glad that I was able to discover cannabis for it's medicinal uses, and not just it's "recreational" uses. Without it, along with a lot of self discovery, and help from those around me, I really wouldn't be where I am today. I also have to give a lot of thanks to the FC community :luv: :love: because without vapor, and all of the enthusiasm towards health and the medical community here, I surely wouldn't be as well off as I am today, health wise! Also, thank you to everyone who has posted in this thread, too many names to mention, but it's been an informative, and very oddly "deja-vu" like thread, in some aspects...certain posts just spoke to me.

:peace:

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
I woke up really nauseated this morning, again. I usually get a break every so often, but not lately. My doctor believes having me take Zantac 300mg twice daily will help, but it just seems to have become worse since I started the Zantac.

Chemicals. They "work" while contaminating and poisoning every life form on this planet. Its our modern disease we engineered.

I have the same issue, I really have to watch what I eat or I wake up with terrible stomach pain. It feels like it's eating itself, burning inside. I really didn't eat anything while not medicated, for months. That's the first thing I've got to do when I wake up, or I end up in a self burning hyperactivity loop. I sweat a lot, have heat attacks, feel hyper energetic and exited, too much exited its getting painful.

Currently MJ helps me with this growing anger, I used to be depressed, now I'm really pissed of at this terrible society, who says I'm a criminal for medicating myself without giving my money to theses companies owned by greedy fat pigs who poison the world. I'm sick and tired of being persecuted ! That's making me mad. I'm almost out of weed and I'm gonna have to buy some on the black market. I would rather go to a dispensary.. I've not been there for months since I was on my own supply, now it is too cold in our grow room to launch another indoor operation. I still have my AVB tinctures so I'm pretty safe from being too clean, its kind of a danger zone.

I really need to find a place where I can escape, I need more sun, legal, cheap weed, and good vegetables. Any ideas ?

Roger D,
Top Bottom