• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

A Question about Wax Pens vs Flower Vapes! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainfire

Hello gents and ladies!

So I've slowly graduated from Glass to Flower Vapes (Arizer Solo & Arizer Air). Like em, but I don't like the amount of time it takes to actually get to vaping. I just like a quick zip and off I go, maybe to take another one 20 minutes later. I don't need a full 10 minute session, and heating up times and the like.

So!!!! was at my brother's house and he had this neat little wax pen with a dome top. I inquired about it and got to give it a shot and was really impressed. You just hit a button, the vapor swirls around in the dome and you get a nice decent hit pretty much instantaneously. This seems to be much closer to what I need.

My questions, I suppose, would be: Are there any pros and cons for wax pens? Is this a more expensive route for buying waxes/concentrates at the dispensary? And I guess the last question I will have to ask would be if everything sounds good, is there any suggestions for a really nice wax/concentrate pen that seems to be #1 or best bang for buck, or just generally loved by the community?

Thanks so much for any advice and input. Cheers!

Chainfire,

mixchu69

I use w9tech too and would recommend a smaller pen (minicron lite, omicron lite, ophos) and try it with the kiss globe. You will love it if you got good concentrates.

mixchu69,

215z

You will love the Lotus when you try it out! A quick zip and off you go... Into space.

Your brother set up the "money shot" for you, the fun part of using a wax pen. You haven't seen the time and effort needed to clean and reload the pen. Wax pens taste worse and get less efficient as the wick gets gunky.

A wax pen is a joy to use occasionally, but a chore to use regularly. They are designed primarily to be cost competitive, and do not stand up to lifespan measured in tens of grams of errl.

W9 makes the best wax pen you can buy off the shelf. You can't replace batteries and you can't clean the atomizer heads indefinitely. For those ressons, I suggest you evaluate the Magic Flight Maud Dib box. It is very compact, but has a distinctly different appearance than a pen. It is robust and will last for years.

Chainfire

Thanks! Looks like W9 is pretty solid. Going to compare it to the Lotus and Flight Maud Dib box-- great suggestions too 215z. Thats a bummer about the diminishing return factor on these type of pens, with all that wick and taste business-- but I'm a very light vaper anyway, so I should be able to swing it. Thanks!!!

I use w9tech too and would recommend a smaller pen (minicron lite, omicron lite, ophos) and try it with the kiss globe. You will love it if you got good concentrates.

Pens from w9tech.com are definitely a forum favorite. Find a source of shatter.

I notice from further investigation that w9tech seems to be the most popular across the board for a mid-high end concentrate pen. I'm pretty sure I'll go with them. I noticed you have a few of them already! =P Do you have any insight into the Persei vs Onicron Lite vs Omnicron vs 8 Oil. Price tag doesn't matter, if you had the option of one to choose from which would it be? Thanks !

Last edited by a moderator:
Chainfire,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Chainfire

Omicron lite for portable, Persei for home.

Okay thank you! Definitely looking hard at that Omnicron Lite Oil.. for the price point. I'd have to pay over half that to get the Persei. If the difference is really worth it, I'd go for it. And 90% of my vaping is done inside the house, and only at night!

Yeah there is so much to learn about with these now. I hope I'm going in the right direction-- was generally looking for on-demand flavorful zips without a 10 minute session with heating. I'll have to learn about shatter vs butter vs wax after all this too. Whoooooo :lol:

Chainfire,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
@Chainfire
There are Flower vapes that give you on demand vapor hits or at least faster extraction then either the Air or solo, The solo isn't always the best choice for me since it takes more then one timeout @ 12 minutes each to finish the same amount of herbs I can vape in 2 minutes or less with the Lily, Daisy, vapor genie or Lotus among others.

There are lot's of choices if you would still like to do Buds instead of just concentrates in a hurry, not every flower vape makes you do loooong Ass sessions.

(It's one of those things that bother me whenever no matter what people say they want out of vaping when their looking for their first vape here on FC it seems more often then not the Solo lovers convince 'em the solo is the be-all-and -end-all of vaporizers(like it can be a desktop or quickhitter, IMO it Ain't either of those), but had it been my first choice and I could only vape long Solo sessions my ol' Ed's TnT dug out and bat would still be in daily use)

:2c: ... :peace:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom